(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi mommies,

glad to join in this thread here :)

I juz tested +ve 2days ago :) haven been to the gynae to cfm yet, thinking of waiting till 2nd mth since this is our 2nd bb liao...kinda more lax this time...hee
Also bcoz my gynae for our 1st bb moved to pte from kkh, dunno if I shd follow him or look for another.

I din experienced any kinda ms for my 1st preg but this time, mayb bcoz of old age, I have been having cramps which was y I suspected i might b preggie & did the test. Also feeling vy bloated. queasy & tired.

Haven decide if I shd get CL this time, had bad experience with CL during my 1st confinement. Was telling hub, mayb order confinement tingkat but he think better to do a proper confinement since likely my last & bcoz of my old age lol

Hi mommies,

glad to join in this thread here :)

I juz tested +ve 2days ago :) haven been to the gynae to cfm yet, thinking of waiting till 2nd mth since this is our 2nd bb liao...kinda more lax this time...hee
Also bcoz my gynae for our 1st bb moved to pte from kkh, dunno if I shd follow him or look for another.

I din experienced any kinda ms for my 1st preg but this time, mayb bcoz of old age, I have been having cramps which was y I suspected i might b preggie & did the test. Also feeling vy bloated. queasy & tired.

Haven decide if I shd get CL this time, had bad experience with CL during my 1st confinement. Was telling hub, mayb order confinement tingkat but he think better to do a proper confinement since likely my last & bcoz of my old age lol
Hello 50_BBN! Congratulations!! :)

I heard 1st 3mths, all that we eat wont go to the bb? dunno is it true?

Since my 1st preg was 6yrs ago, I was trying hard to recall all the must do & don't too :) but this time I really more lax, been taking my daily dose of coffee...hee

Any idea beside folic acid, what else do we need to take now?

thank you!! i was told to avoid all cold foods, shell foods like prawns, scallops and crabs, raw/semi-raw food, caffeine...
i'm only taking blackmores folate...not sure what other vitamins should we eat hehehe

Starrymommy, u can refer to this link: http://jewelpie.com/homemade-chicken-essence-to-relief-tiredness/
Use kampung chicken, spring chicken or black chicken only. Remove skin, fats, feet, wings, backside, head n neck. Chop the rest into 4 pcs. But if u r coughing, refrain from taking this as it will worsen cough, thats y i stop temporary.

I didnt boiled so long... mine is abt 2 hours n i use electrical double boiler so its really easy n i dun have to keep checking the water level.

Eeznyl, thanks for the link! I shall try this soon. :)

Congrats, 50BBN!! Welcome to the thread. Think us 2nd/3rd time moms are generally a lot more relaxed. :) I'm just taking my daily dose of folic acid for now. Nothing special till later part of 1st trimester. Will be getting some prenatal vitamins and DHA from iherb though.

Welcome, 50_BBN! Abt being relaxed, depends on what prior pregnancy experiences u have had i guess.....
I am taking folic acid high dose (5mg) and duphaston.
Gynae said cannot start fish oil now esp for me cos small risk it can cause bleeding..... So far still have on and off brownish spotting, yesterday one time pale pink on toilet paper..... My #1 is down with fever....i really hope she can get well soon....otherwise she can't go CC and i have to take care of her during my HL which means i can't rest!

Speedy recover to your daughter, mummycoccyx! My #2 came down with bad cough the past few days too and no school for her. It's no fun looking after a sick and cranky toddler. Do you have any help? If alone then I think will be very tiring for you.

I was watching Deliver Me on TV and was really emo and even teared up when I saw the newborns. Preggy hormones really high today, it seems. :p

Babymarian and starry mommy, thks! I have a live-in helper but she's abt 1.5mths with us only so my girl doesn't want her to bathe/feed her. But at least no need to worry abt housework and cooking and all the washing up. My girl is also very sticky to me. And wants a lot of my attention .Thankfully she does not insist on me carrying her which I can't. At least on weekends, my hb is around. He has very few days of AL left so unless really need then he will take...

Good that you have a helper. At least she can help with the cooking and tidying. My helper's on leave today. So hubby brought our 2 girls over to his parents' place for the entire afternoon. So thankful for that. House is really super quiet without them around though.

Starrymommy, you are very fortunate! For me, my parents are residing overseas and parents-in-law no longer around so got no grandparent support.. It was very tough when we were on our own but my parents still could help ad hoc. Thankfully we got the helper once my parents made the decision to reside overseas few mths ago. But still me and hb are the main carers for our girl so it's tiring and we dun have any time off on our own...

Thanks all for the warm welcome :)

Babymarian, folic acid is a must take esp at 1st tri so better start ASAP.

Starrymommy, you are very fortunate! For me, my parents are residing overseas and parents-in-law no longer around so got no grandparent support.. It was very tough when we were on our own but my parents still could help ad hoc. Thankfully we got the helper once my parents made the decision to reside overseas few mths ago. But still me and hb are the main carers for our girl so it's tiring and we dun have any time off on our own...

Yeah, I am really grateful to my parents. They come over early every weekday morning to pick up my elder girl, bring her for breakfast, prepare her and send her to school. My helper will prepare and send the younger one. That leaves hubby and I to sleep in and get ready for work at our own pace. In the evening, my mum and helper will pick both girls from school, shower and feed them. I will drop by my parents' place after work for dinner and wait for my dad to send us all home. We've got a really nice routine now. With #3 coming along, we will need to modify our "logistics" a bit. Hubby and I are reluctant to get a car since it is so freaking expensive to own one now.

How's your helper so far? Is she experienced with handling newborns? Hopefully she's a good one and will be fantastic help to you when baby arrives!

She's not bad and she is experienced in taking care of newborn. Plus she has a 3 year old kid too... Think my MS has started.....same with my #1, is more 'evening sickness' i get this hunger pang, nausea and giddiness all at once....like feel hungry want to eat but smell the food become nauseous!

oooh, sounds good! sounds like your new baby will be in good hands. mine came when I had #2. totally zero experience so had to learn from scratch. those were rather tough days. I had to do most things by myself.

me too.. MS came back. had little to no MS yesterday and it's back today. thinking of having mcdonald's mcspicy and nuggets. but scared too oily and after eating will be payback time. dilemma. haha!!

Any mommies eating anything to help with the ms?
'Ping pong' brand wholemeal biscuits helped me a lot during my 1st pregnancy.
But this time, with a worse case of ms, I have been taking some sweet but realize it contains mint.
Any good healthy recommendation?

I think its really what works for ur baby... haha... i remember for my #1, i ate so much sweet that contributes to my massive weight gain too. My MS haven't kick in yet but i hope i will get it soon...

50BBN, have you tried Yummy Earth organic lollies before? Can either get them from iHerb or from NTUC's organic aisle. My kids love those.

For my 1st pregnancy, I loved Bovril. Will just mix with hot water and drink to help with my MS. Very weird taste buds back then.

Hi ladies, good morning! I'm feeling like shit today and had MS bright and early in the morning. Hope everyone's feeling good and ready for the new week! :)

Not good for me this morning... MS also start right after breakfast... Almost puked but nothing came out... Very giddy too. Thankfully my daughter's fever settled, hb sent her to CC le..

Good morning ladies! Hope all of you will have a great week ahead! :)

starrymommy and mummycoccyx, hope both of you will feel better soon!

eeznyl, me too! i can't wait for saturday to come! :)

Gd morning ladies! Can I ask if anyone is taking Blackmores Conceivewell? Continue or switch to Folic Acid solely? I think CW contains FA and other nutrients like fish oil too.. but it's more to prepare the body prior to conception so not sure if should continue or switch. I also have a small bottle of folic acid.

mummycoccyx, MS is a good sign. :) let's hang in there and endure together.

babymarian, thanks! but I have a feeling in my guts this will get worse.. only into week 5 this week and already like that.

Eeznyl, I am so looking forward to next Monday! :D

icecreamcony, folic acid is enough for now if you are still eating well. other vitamins and fish oils etc will only be required at later stage.

Starrymommy, yes I know yummy earth. Maybe I shd go iherb to take a look.
Eeznyl, yah m thinking if I m to take sweet at this rate, I better chose a healthier choice for the bb.

hi Lydia, I tested positive a few days before period was due. 4 days before, to be exact. you suspect you are pregnant but yet to test positive?

50BBN, can "shun bian" buy fish oils and prenatal vitamins. :) I love iHerb!

woah... the thread is so lively now.. paise... recently only thing I think about is zzz... super tired.. do feel like vomit at times n 90% of the time I dunno wat is happening around me.. too sleepy... haha

Just wondering when's the earliest I can start testing... no significant symptoms though I was having cramps few days back. *keeping fingers crossed*. Actually for my 1st...I didn't have much symptoms too and in fact tested negative all the way until about almost1 mth late. And even then.. I was only dated 6 weeks.

Went for my 1st gyno appt for my #1. Scan at 6w2d. Can see little jellybean 0.42cm & heartbeat! Cant wait for nx appt on 26th.

simiko, some days I feel like that too. take it easy wherever you are. :) me too, feel like vomiting. I am going to buy some Marmite/Bovril to ease my nausea.

Lydia, you can get those cheap high-sensitivity (10mIU) test kits. I think only 70-80 cents each. bought a bunch from this online seller called Tiny Shop. delivery is really fast. btw, when is your LMP? can calculate how many DPO are you now. usually after 10 DPO can start testing.

JeneveT, that's nice! looking forward to my appointment next week too. :)

Simiko, most of the days i'm also like that...just sleep the whole day through hehehe

Lydia, maybe can start testing after you have missed your period for a week...hoping and praying that you will have a positive very soon!! :)

JeneveT, so excited and happy for you! :D i can't wait for my appointment too!

JeneveT congrats! When is your edd?

LydiaCheong, I tested 1 day before my period due but mine is 31 day cycle... All the best!

Sigh it is only day 1 of my HL and I am getting bored.... I feel like I am on home imprisonment :(
And now my gynae has postponed my appt to 13th sept after my HL ends....:(

I am nodding off at work. but have so many things to do! :( MS was quite bad just now also. kept feeling like vomiting but didn't. can't wait for the day to end!!

mummycoccyx, do you have any Korean or HK dramas to watch? At least do something to while the time away.

sometime hungry like mad.. when meal time no appetite to eat... day time wan to zzz.. night time cannot sleep.. when zzz also keep having funny funny dreams.. just finish 1 pack of biscuit.. every time feel like vomit take a deep breath... when I had my boy I rem 1st tri quite relax one leh... I no MS etc.. only tired... nw this one... I become vvv forgetful also.. hb tell me 1 thing I turn around only forget liao.... T.T

@starrymommy I also buy fr tinyshop.. haha..

@Lydia Cheong sometimes ovulated late so maybe will test positive later...

simiko, I find tiny shop seller really prompt and nice. if today I place order, max 2 days later the package will arrive in my letter box already. really thumbs up to her service. :)

@simiko hehe I'm feeling like the same as you. Before lunch around 10am plus, super duper hungry and feel like I could eat a cow. Come to lunch time, not much appetite and can't even finish my normal portion. And yes to strange vivid dreams - website did say that was a sign of pregnancy. I am always super tired at night though so always having dreams. I don't have MS yet but certain smells hit me more than usual. For #1, I had no MS at all even until I gave birth.

@starrymommy yes! she vvv fast.... but I buy fr her 1 time only coz after tt kena liao.... haha...

@icecreamcony me totally cannot tahan fish... yest my mum cook fish the smell make me I really wan to puke... just nw lunch order fish also eat few mouths nv eat liao.. feel the fish vvv smelly and yucky... me also no MS for #1.. so far no vomit yet la.. only feel like vomit nia.. hope wont get worse.. lol..

Icecreamconny, you are one of the lucky few without MS! For me the giddiness is getting worse so I can't watch too much tv or computer.. I had rather bad giddiness for my #1....more so than MS or it was my version of MS... But I had terrible food aversion to all seafood all the way til second tri. That hasn't happened yet this time.

simiko, icecreamcony, I also didn't have much MS with #1 and #2! the most was a teeny little bit of queasiness. appetite was super good. I could have breakfast --> teabreak --> lunch --> teabreak --> dinner --> supper every single day! and I LOVED fish back then, the fishier the better.. even bought those canned tuna chunks in olive oil and just ate straight from the can as supper. looking back, I think I was probably a bit weird. this time round, want to eat 3 proper meals also a bit tough.

Last edited:

Back