IVF with KKH (Dr Matthew Lau)

Meilingg fet is not so stressful to the body. No injection. Therefore no ohss. Think fresh cycle u had ohss too. Me also left one blast embryo. Well maybe this time will be successful. Since u are private pt now, chose a dr u are comfort with since u had bad experience with both.

Yup yup... Either kkh or my gynae at mount e novena.

Oh ya the government grant is also for fet? Cos i understand they give grants for 3 fresh.

me..but have to see how le..today just finished hsg scan and think radiologist found some little polyps, but refused to say much, just say its small. I have to see doc to know the results and see what he says..if doc says ok to go, I most properly will go for nov cycle.

dunno wat to expect..

Last edited:
me..but have to see how le..today just finished hsg scan and think radiologist found some little polyps, but refused to say much. I have to see doc to know the results and see what he says..if doc says ok to go, I most properly will go for nov cycle. obstacles after obstacles...

So you mean you BFP and today is the scan date?
So when is your next appt wif dr lau?

2nd sept lor..I now very fan..hubby just got new job last week and I may have problem of him going to kkh for sa freezing, appt and etc. n now I need to worry abt the hsg result duno wats in stall for me..

kkh just told me sa freezing need the man to go personally to submit the samples, and there is no sat slot. actually I have frozen samples from private clinic last time but kkh dun accept outside clinics sample after the Thomson mixed up ivf sega last time..

that time dr chen yishun scan and dr loh scan all didn't see any polyp, they only saw small fibroid but say small just ignore and proceed ivf. i suspect the polyp is tiny only hsg can see it. see wat dr lau says when I see him..

Last edited:
gals, is doc matthew lau`s clinic for subsidised patients only on every tues? for subsidised patients n not pregnant cases, can we see him other days other than tuesday?

gals, is doc matthew lau`s clinic for subsidised patients only on every tues? for subsidised patients n not pregnant cases, can we see him other days other than tuesday?

That depend of his schedule... You can call up and check. Normally see him at clinic D is on every tue.

2nd sept lor..I now very fan..hubby just got new job last week and I may have problem of him going to kkh for sa freezing, appt and etc. n now I need to worry abt the hsg result duno wats in stall for me..

kkh just told me sa freezing need the man to go personally to submit the samples, and there is no sat slot. actually I have frozen samples from private clinic last time but kkh dun accept outside clinics sample after the Thomson mixed up ivf sega last time..

that time dr chen yishun scan and dr loh scan all didn't see any polyp, they only saw small fibroid but say small just ignore and proceed ivf. i suspect the polyp is tiny only hsg can see it. see wat dr lau says when I see him..

Oh @connie_hopeful... you also go to dr chen at yishun?

@connie_hopeful... you also go to dr chen at yishun?[/QUOTE]@pupnui, dr chen is my gynae before i am married. seen him years ago before he becamefamouswith long q :) too bad he dun do ivf.
thanks, i called up kkh, ya dr lau only see patients on tues for subsidised parients, n earlier are full, so i no choice have to wait for my results few weeks later for e hsg scan :)

@connie_hopeful... you also go to dr chen at yishun?
@pupnui, dr chen is my gynae before i am married. seen him years ago before he becamefamouswith long q :) too bad he dun do ivf.
thanks, i called up kkh, ya dr lau only see patients on tues for subsidised parients, n earlier are full, so i no choice have to wait for my results few weeks later for e hsg scan :)[/QUOTE]

@connie_hopeful... Ya too bad he don't do IVF... He is a nice gynae...

Ya,
@pupnui, dr chen is my gynae before i am married. seen him years ago before he becamefamouswith long q :) too bad he dun do ivf.
thanks, i called up kkh, ya dr lau only see patients on tues for subsidised parients, n earlier are full, so i no choice have to wait for my results few weeks later for e hsg scan :)

@connie_hopeful... Ya too bad he don't do IVF... He is a nice gynae...[/QUOTE]
Yup, he is a sympathetic n nice gynae. His size makes u feel assured :) 1 bad thg is his q is getting longer n longer!need to wait 2hrs to see him..last time only need wait 1/2hr n last time is cheaper.

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this forum, I need advise & to hear from you all. Before I start, Congrats to all the mummy to be, continue to be positive and stay chill with ur little beanie & deliver a healthy baby. For those who are trying lets all try tgt & hope to join mummy club soon...!

I had a MC in my first nature unexpected pregnancy in 2010, after which I rested for about a yr then i start trying to conceive again. However sad to say my pte gyn in raffles told me that I have PCOS, also irregular menses. So I was started with Clomid, but it did'n wk, so I proceed with Clomid with follicle tracking, during follicle tracking dr will inject a medication when he think the follicle is big enough to conceive, :( it did not wk on me as well. In 2012 Hubby & I decide to change gyn & hospital although my gyn is very nice & the nurses there are nice too, but we experienced too many sad memories in Raffles though of just changing a new environment for a new start. I went to TMC, seeing Dr Benjamin (after reading so many gd comment about him). Yes he is nice and gentle when consulting, but the waiting time is very long & the nurse over there is also not very nice compared to Raffles. In TMC, Dr Ben let me start the clomid cycle again this round with metformin saying that metformin can help in PCOS. in these 2 yrs I got 2 episode of ?MC as it was too early to determine but the AF was super duper heavy & with blood clots, & the pain is worst than my 1st confirm MC. On the 2nd episode of ?MC I I suppose to see Dr Ben for review after my HL and plan for IUI, however the nurses slot me in to see Dr Jasmine saying that Dr Ben is really full & my appt was too last min. I am comfortable with my new gyn, she is very gentle & take time to explain to us. She suggest me not to waste my money & time since I had try so many times with Clomid even on metformin & follicle tracking injection. She told me IVF will benefit more than IUI for me. She refer me to see Dr Matthew Lau for IVF, since we can get grant fr govt & use medisave. Currently she just prescribe to me Progesterone to induce my menses, Coz i had missed it for 4 mths.
She also give me 1 more round of climid in case i want to try 1 more round of nature. My Qns will be:

1: Should I try 1 more round? or head to make appt for IVF? undeceive....
2: When Should I call KKIVF to book appt to see Dr Matthew? Now while waiting for AF or when AF come?
3: Is it even if I call early I may not be able to schedule for IVF on my nxt AF?
4: Once seen by Dr Matthew, we will be schedule for blood test & counselling by Nurse right?
5: After Blood test, wait for AF to come, then DAY 1 call to make appt for 1st scan?
6: From 1st scan date till when we are able to get official HL, estimate how long will it be- 1 or 2 weeks? (Because i need plan take leave for this period, my wk can't afford for me happy happy go see dr then dunno what time the appt will finish. Haiz shift wk... )
7: The HL will cover the 2 week waiting period right?
8: The food that u all eating like egg white, longan drink, chicken essences, brazil nut, when u all start eating? Before AF come or after?

** Sorry me for so many qns to ask...

With Love

Hi PreciousBeanie, I suggest u gather ur medical records of ur previous attempts and drop an email to KKIVF Centre. Previously, when I had a long list of questions, I find it the best way for them to respond.

I started off with a referral letter from polyclinic to see a doctor at KKH. I was assigned to Dr. Lau, then I chose to stick to him after that. I have PCOS too. I also went thru similar fertility treatments like u, and Dr. Lau also told me ivf would be more fruitful for me. I have finally bfp-ed under him so I wish u all the best too! :)

Hi Mosburger,

Thanks for your advise. However about the food that u all eating like egg white, longan drink, chicken essences, brazil nut, when u all start eating? Before AF come or after?

Between I saw some of u commented that some Preg mummy offering egg to zu sheng niang niang, may I know which thread is that? and also which temple is that?

thanks

PreciousBeanie,

I suggest u go ahead with clomid and test for ovulation while waiting for ur appt. I would think u will at least need a first consultation to discuss ur previous attempts, align ur expectations with the doc and familiarize urself with him. Perhaps, u may need some tests. After that, u will need to book a slot for ivf if doc says ok. Then u will need to attend a briefing to sign the consent and go for counseling session. All these take time.

Also, do note that KKIVF Centre is normally closed in late Nov-Dec for lab cleaning. No IUI or IVF can be done then. Pls check the exact dates with the nurses to facilitate ur planning.

2: When Should I call KKIVF to book appt to see Dr Matthew? Now while waiting for AF or when AF come?

Go ahead and call/email to get ur appt. It will take some time b4 u get to the actual process.

3: Is it even if I call early I may not be able to schedule for IVF on my nxt AF?

I dunno how fast u can get all these done.

4: Once seen by Dr Matthew, we will be schedule for blood test & counselling by Nurse right?

Dr. Matthew Lau will order the necessary tests. Just follow what the nurse tells u.

5: After Blood test, wait for AF to come, then DAY 1 call to make appt for 1st scan?

Once u have the green light to move on with ivf, yes.

6: From 1st scan date till when we are able to get official HL, estimate how long will it be- 1 or 2 weeks? (Because i need plan take leave for this period, my wk can't afford for me happy happy go see dr then dunno what time the appt will finish. Haiz shift wk... )

Est. 14-16 days from day 1 menses i.e. ur egg retrieval (ER) is roughly around ur ovulation day. Depending on whether u are on short or long protocol, and what type of drugs/jabs u are on, as well as dosage, it is tough to estimate now when will be ur 1st scan date. Ask doc on which protocol is recommended for ur case ok.

It covered 18 days for me, from the day of ER.

8: The food that u all eating like egg white, longan drink, chicken essences, brazil nut, when u all start eating? Before AF come or after?

I think typically from day of ER to end of 2ww. Some ladies start earlier.

Last edited:
Hi Mosburger,

Thanks for your advise. However about the food that u all eating like egg white, longan drink, chicken essences, brazil nut, when u all start eating? Before AF come or after?

Between I saw some of u commented that some Preg mummy offering egg to zu sheng niang niang, may I know which thread is that? and also which temple is that?

thanks
No prob. For me, I take after AF coz I think heaty. I'm not sure how others do it. But I did it more to support my ivf process in the hope for better chances of implantation.

U can try the IVF/ICSI Support Group thread. I seemed to have seen the comments regarding offering eggs to zu sheng niang niang. Sorry I'm not a temple person, I have no idea. U can post this question in that thread.

Hi, sorry to hear abt e thgs u went through. My 2 cente thoughts:

Chances for ivf is higher compared to iui. Ivf injections is not that scary. Maybe its worth considering to get a better chance as e spermies do not need to swim too far to reach e egg compared to iui
if you considering subsidised rate for pre ivf tests. U need to get referral letter from polyclinic. Wait is ard 1 mth to get 1st appt to see doc. With ref letter u cant choose doc,but i got dr lau as my doc with referral letter.
if u dun mind going private for pre ivf consultation,u can call e centre and req to see dr lau. Think should be able to get appt in 1 to 2 weeks.
not sure. As i have not undergone ivf at kkh yet. I went 1st visit,dr lau ask abt my history n send me for sis sxan n bloodtest. I am going for 2nd visit for review of results.
cant advise cos i not at that stage yet
Me cant advise
cant advise, but i think so.

I took it after. But i didnt eat brazil nuts.not sure eating after is correct or not. I got bfn for my 1st fresh at other centres though. Some sisters did bfp with e above help i think

Hope this helps :)

Hi @connie_hopeful, I stay in the east. Whether to take public transport or ask my hb to drive, it is far for me to travel to NUH. Before that, I struggled to decide whether to change my ivf dr. But I didn't regret my choice now as I managed to conceive in my 1st attempt w NUH under Dr Stephen Chew. My friend also conceived and delivered after her 1st ivf with the same dr that she recommended to me. The MCE highway has also improved the traffic. I used to get stuck in traffic jam for 20-30 mins near Nicole highway. Dun give up if u still have faith in ur dr. If things are getting less promising, change another dr who can help u better..

Hi @connie_hopeful, I stay in the east. Whether to take public transport or ask my hb to drive, it is far for me to travel to NUH. Before that, I struggled to decide whether to change my ivf dr. But I didn't regret my choice now as I managed to conceive in my 1st attempt w NUH under Dr Stephen Chew. My friend also conceived and delivered after her 1st ivf with the same dr that she recommended to me. The MCE highway has also improved the traffic. I used to get stuck in traffic jam for 20-30 mins near Nicole highway. Dun give up if u still have faith in ur dr. If things are getting less promising, change another dr who can help u better..
Hi,twinklelight,thanks..n congrats! 2molo i will see dr lau n decide what to do next..
Felt like crying when i hear news that my ex colleague is pregnant ytd after married for 2 yrs n decided to try for bb,n strike. Is happy for her but sad for myself on y e journey to a beanie is like cant see a light at e end of e tunnel..nonetheless,i will still try m hope for e best..

Connie_hopeful, it is not an easy journey for us who have to embark on ivf, I hope u will be encouraged that there are others like u too, and although the journey is tough, u have and can find support outside ur usual circle.

I have been married since 2006 and trying for a baby for almost 5 years. I can empathize with ur situation. I see my girlfriends get married later than me and have their kid no 2, kid no 3. That feeling sucks. I know. But u have to stop comparing urself with ur lucky friends. Things may be tough ahead but not impossible. I used to tell myself "thank god for ivf" coz it means I have a chance of becoming a mummy some day! As long as u dun give up hope and keep trying, no matter how small a chance is, it is still a chance. Jiayou!

Connie_hopeful, go with a doc u are comfortable with. For my case, I have been seeing Dr. Matthew Lau and tried to get 2nd opinion with outside gynae when I needed more assurance. I think Dr. Matthew Lau knows what he's doing. So far so good for me.

Connie_hopeful, it is not an easy journey for us who have to embark on ivf, I hope u will be encouraged that there are others like u too, and although the journey is tough, u have and can find support outside ur usual circle.

I have been married since 2006 and trying for a baby for almost 5 years. I can empathize with ur situation. I see my girlfriends get married later than me and have their kid no 2, kid no 3. That feeling sucks. I know. But u have to stop comparing urself with ur lucky friends. Things may be tough ahead but not impossible. I used to tell myself "thank god for ivf" coz it means I have a chance of becoming a mummy some day! As long as u dun give up hope and keep trying, no matter how small a chance is, it is still a chance. Jiayou!
Hi mosburger,good morning.snap! I have been trying for 5 yrs to on natural. I hope ivf can help me though doc told me me n dh chances are slim. Yes,i will try no matter how slim e chance,until e day i give up. Thanks for your encouragment :) have a good day ahead.not comparing with friends just feels lousy within when heard good news though indeed veri happy for them. I know everyone is different.
I have not given up on dr lau yet. 2molo i going to review e pre ivf test results n see wat he says..

dun give up even when lab test results are not encouraging.
just need 1-2 embryos to make it work!! i dun hv embryos left to freeze and my amh/fsh results as well as my hb's lab results are no good. dr doesn't want to give false hope but they will try their best to make it work.. :)

Hi mosburger,good morning.snap! I have been trying for 5 yrs to on natural. I hope ivf can help me though doc told me me n dh chances are slim. Yes,i will try no matter how slim e chance,until e day i give up. Thanks for your encouragment :) have a good day ahead.not comparing with friends just feels lousy within when heard good news though indeed veri happy for them. I know everyone is different.
I have not given up on dr lau yet. 2molo i going to review e pre ivf test results n see wat he says..

dun give up even when lab test results are not encouraging.
just need 1-2 embryos to make it work!! i dun hv embryos left to freeze and my amh/fsh results as well as my hb's lab results are no good. dr doesn't want to give false hope but they will try their best to make it work.. :)
Twinklelight,thanks for yr encouragement. Cross my fingers. Congrats n happy for you. :)

I have been TTC for almost 3 yrs. We tried natural on the 1st yr and we proceeded to Parkway east hospital for help. Was put on Clomid for 9 cycles! Still no luck and we just did an IUI last month(14th August)...was so confident as I had 4 good size follicles! ...scheduled for Bloodtest on the morning of 29August to see if im pregnant or not....but sadly on the same day of the bloodtest, in the evening, MY MENSUS CAME! So disappointed.....
Now hubby and I decided to proceed straight for IVF at KKH. Don't want to waste anymore time on IUI.
Not sure how the procedures are like at KKH..the process and all...
Anyone going through the same thing?? When is the best time to go?

I have been TTC for almost 3 yrs. We tried natural on the 1st yr and we proceeded to Parkway east hospital for help. Was put on Clomid for 9 cycles! Still no luck and we just did an IUI last month(14th August)...was so confident as I had 4 good size follicles! ...scheduled for Bloodtest on the morning of 29August to see if im pregnant or not....but sadly on the same day of the bloodtest, in the evening, MY MENSUS CAME! So disappointed.....
Now hubby and I decided to proceed straight for IVF at KKH. Don't want to waste anymore time on IUI.
Not sure how the procedures are like at KKH..the process and all...
Anyone going through the same thing?? When is the best time to go?
KW, u may want to refer to posts #2222 and #2226 in this thread for the processes.

If u are intending to go kkh as a subsidized patient, u need to go visit a doctor at the polyclinic to get a referral letter. Do note that u need to wait for quite a while for ur appt in kkh. If u dun mind gg as a private patient, u can call/email kkh to get an appt with the doc u want.

In my opinion, there's no best time. The first consultation, tests, reviews and sign consent, counselling etc. will already take up some time before u actually get to do ivf. I suggest making ur appt as soon as u feel ready to do so.

Does ur previous doc mention why IUI does not work for u?

Reactions: KW_
Hi Mosburger!

Tq so much for the reply..now i have a clearer picture...

Does that means With no referral letter from Polyclinic, i wont be able to go for kkh-ivf as subsidized patient?

I have yet to know the reason to my failed IUI as Im scheduled for an appointment with my doc only Next monday(8Sept) at Parkway East Hospital..to further discuss what step to take next... I guess doc will also let me know why the IUI failed.
But now im not sure if we still want to go for that appt as we decided to switch to kkh..i believe kkh is cheaper for IVF as its govt hospital... Im thinking if i can get referral letter from my private doc( parkway east hosp) to go kkh as subsidized patient...not sure if i can use that.. Any idea?

Hi Mosburger!

Does that means With no referral letter from Polyclinic, i wont be able to go for kkh-ivf as subsidized patient?

I have yet to know the reason to my failed IUI as Im scheduled for an appointment with my doc only Next monday(8Sept) at Parkway East Hospital..to further discuss what step to take next... I guess doc will also let me know why the IUI failed.
But now im not sure if we still want to go for that appt as we decided to switch to kkh..i believe kkh is cheaper for IVF as its govt hospital... Im thinking if i can get referral letter from my private doc( parkway east hosp) to go kkh as subsidized patient...not sure if i can use that.. Any idea?
Hi there, actually ivf is all private rates no matter govt hospital or private. Just that govt hospital u can get co funding from govt on top of medisave,meaning e cash u need to pay out is lesser compared to private hospital where there is no co funding, but u can use yr medisive.Getting a refferal letter from polyclinic only gives you subsidised rate for pre-ivf tests n they will assign a doc to u. If i not wrong, this doc will be e doc following u till et. When u proceed to ivf,rates will be private.
I think letter from private doc to kkh cannot enjoy subsidised rate. U need to get a referral from polyclinic to enjoy subsidised rate for pre ivf tests. Hope this helps.

Hi Mosburger

Wow, now i have even better better understanding on it! Thanks!!
For sure i will head over to polyclinic to get that referral letter...i rather pay less cash amd utilise my medisave....

Hope i can get to the IVF stage asap..time is ticking.....

Thank Mosburger!!

Hi there, actually ivf is all private rates no matter govt hospital or private. Just that govt hospital u can get co funding from govt on top of medisave,meaning e cash u need to pay out is lesser compared to private hospital where there is no co funding, but u can use yr medisive.Getting a refferal letter from polyclinic only gives you subsidised rate for pre-ivf tests n they will assign a doc to u. If i not wrong, this doc will be e doc following u till et. When u proceed to ivf,rates will be private.
I think letter from private doc to kkh cannot enjoy subsidised rate. U need to get a referral from polyclinic to enjoy subsidised rate for pre ivf tests. Hope this helps.
Connie_hopeful has explained much clearer. Thanks! :)

KW, if u want subsidized rates for the pre-ivf consultations and tests, you need to get a referral from the polyclinic. A letter from a private doc can't get u subsidized rates.

Hi Mosburger!

KW, I also went thru clomid, IUI then eventually ivf. I think u gotta be prepared that doc may not know very well why IUI fails sometimes. I'm not sure how many times u have tried IUI or what tests u have taken. For me, it took many scans and tests, and tries to discover I have PCOS and my ovulation is super irregular. My womb, tubes etc. are all okay but just couldn't get pregnant. Dr. Lau was the one who pointed out to me that ivf might be more fruitful. That was how I embarked on ivf.

Hi Mosburger

Wow, now i have even better better understanding on it! Thanks!!
For sure i will head over to polyclinic to get that referral letter...i rather pay less cash amd utilise my medisave....

Hope i can get to the IVF stage asap..time is ticking.....

Thank Mosburger!!
U're welcome. All the best to u! :)

Thank you Connie!! Noted on that!!
U are welcome. Since u can do iui,yr chances for ivf may be higher :)
1)private hospitals ivf is ard 14k. After medisave $6K. U pay ard $8k cash from pocket
2) govt hospital i think is ard $10k. After medisave n co funding, u maybe pay a few hundred - 1k.
But this is not a real estimate. Actual $ depends on amt of medication needed for simulation
Hope i am correct on e subsidised portion cos i not at that stage yet. This is wat i gathered from e forum here :)

Last edited:

Back