(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

I think i got used to drop cups after nursing my boy. After removing the clips, the cloth is under the boob so it doesn't interfere with baby. It's direct skin contact too.

Haha.. I just had supper with hubby. Can't get to sleep! Better wait for it to digest first. :p
Envy .. The way u take supper but still so slim Lolz

That is my concern too spend too much on a maternity swim wear but wear for 4 more months then become white elephant Lolz
Same same.. so now i have to limit myself .. all add into cart but dun check out until i confirm i definitely need ....

Coz i have alot of white elephants for maternity n baby clothes...

N worse is since i lost weight during 1st trimester then my normal clothes i wearing 2xl seems big for me also.. seems to be dropping... but i dun care juz wear first in case later in 3rd trimester i balloon back....

Mummies any of you have maids? How do u all monitor the maid when you're at work? I'm thinking of getting a maid to help me next year but also quite half hearted after hearing so many horror stories from friends. Pls advise!

Mummies any of you have maids? How do u all monitor the maid when you're at work? I'm thinking of getting a maid to help me next year but also quite half hearted after hearing so many horror stories from friends. Pls advise!
i also thinking about getting one to free me the time from house chore and washing all the bottles and pump equipment lolz

for me if i do get one... day time we will send her and baby to mom's place night time fetch them back.. hehehe

lolz i know why my gynae want me to cap my weight gain to 400-500g lolz
i just compared #1 20wks scan result and princess scan result ( both done on 21wks)
princess is heavier than gor gor by 1 oz ... at #1 21wks weight his final birth weight is 3.65kg
so that mean princess can be higher so better control my cargo intake lolz

i also thinking about getting one to free me the time from house chore and washing all the bottles and pump equipment lolz

for me if i do get one... day time we will send her and baby to mom's place night time fetch them back.. hehehe
Ya good idea to send to mum's place..was thinking also can get those camera to spy on the maid haha..

lolz i know why my gynae want me to cap my weight gain to 400-500g lolz
i just compared #1 20wks scan result and princess scan result ( both done on 21wks)
princess is heavier than gor gor by 1 oz ... at #1 21wks weight his final birth weight is 3.65kg
so that mean princess can be higher so better control my cargo intake lolz
Nowadays baby all very big! Both hubs n I were quite small babies..abt 2.6kg. Wonder if this will mean our baby will be smaller also..Mine was 347g at 20+5 weeks..

Ya good idea to send to mum's place..was thinking also can get those camera to spy on the maid haha..
yah ...if there is a maid..i will have that as well lolz

Nowadays baby all very big! Both hubs n I were quite small babies..abt 2.6kg. Wonder if this will mean our baby will be smaller also..Mine was 347g at 20+5 weeks..

i also not a big baby too but my hubby is big >3kg .. i guess mostly it is due to the kind of supplement and food we eat so baby are bigger these days ...mine at 20+6 days at 383g lolz that is why gynae want me to watch my weight liao

yah ...if there is a maid..i will have that as well lolz

i also not a big baby too but my hubby is big >3kg .. i guess mostly it is due to the kind of supplement and food we eat so baby are bigger these days ...mine at 20+6 days at 383g lolz that is why gynae want me to watch my weight liao
Yah..my mum was saying last time she also didn't take what DHA n calcium pills and we turned out fine..haha

Have 2 weddings to attend next mth..dunno what to wear..now everyday going to work also must stare hard and long to think of what to wear and make sure I don't repeat my clothes too often..lol. #pregnancywoes

I think very hard to tell based on detailed scans. Nowadays babies have good lives. Mummies know how to take care and eat well so they are all of good sizes at full term. For me it's genetic. All the babies in our families are above 3kg. But a bit scary to give birth naturally when baby is estimated to be quite big. My gynae always feel c-section will be better for me. :D

I think very hard to tell based on detailed scans. Nowadays babies have good lives. Mummies know how to take care and eat well so they are all of good sizes at full term. For me it's genetic. All the babies in our families are above 3kg. But a bit scary to give birth naturally when baby is estimated to be quite big. My gynae always feel c-section will be better for me. :D
but u never had C section...u managed to pull through natural

Hi, spy cam can only see so much. I also got CCTV but too many blind spots. Not much use in my opinion. Only good for checking kids activities when we are not around. Think bringing to mum's place is the best.

I'm staying with my in-laws and we got 2 helpers. Just last week, after bringing my boy for his medical review, we drop him at hm for his lunch while hub and me go out for ours. After 45min, I came back to find his lunch still intact. Asked helper1, said doesn't knw as she was not e one feeding. Asked helper2, said boy refused to eat and was watching tv. I couldn't find boy anywhere in e living rm, went upstairs to my rm and found him lying on my bed, with all window shut, fan not on, air con not on either. I Question both helpers, both insist is the other who brought him up. I was so pissed. 2 adults at hm, couldn't even keep an eye on a child. Both assume the other was doing it! Upon further understanding, I realise both of them had a quarrel few days back! Quarrel means bad mood. How to leave ur kids alone w them?! Sigh...
2days ago helper1, told me she wanted a transfer. After finding out more from my sil(maid agency), told her yesterday we r agreeable. Then she tell me she decided to stay and complete her contact. But today, she change her mind again. Saying she might still want to transfer. Machiam playing with me loh! Maid 真是气死!

Hi, spy cam can only see so much. I also got CCTV but too many blind spots. Not much use in my opinion. Only good for checking kids activities when we are not around. Think bringing to mum's place is the best.

I'm staying with my in-laws and we got 2 helpers. Just last week, after bringing my boy for his medical review, we drop him at hm for his lunch while hub and me go out for ours. After 45min, I came back to find his lunch still intact. Asked helper1, said doesn't knw as she was not e one feeding. Asked helper2, said boy refused to eat and was watching tv. I couldn't find boy anywhere in e living rm, went upstairs to my rm and found him lying on my bed, with all window shut, fan not on, air con not on either. I Question both helpers, both insist is the other who brought him up. I was so pissed. 2 adults at hm, couldn't even keep an eye on a child. Both assume the other was doing it! Upon further understanding, I realise both of them had a quarrel few days back! Quarrel means bad mood. How to leave ur kids alone w them?! Sigh...
2days ago helper1, told me she wanted a transfer. After finding out more from my sil(maid agency), told her yesterday we r agreeable. Then she tell me she decided to stay and complete her contact. But today, she change her mind again. Saying she might still want to transfer. Machiam playing with me loh! Maid 真是气死!
i guess that is the problem if there are 2 helpers cos they can push the responsibility or blame to each other ...
imho they can't be trusted 100% ...to them that is probably a job no need to put so much emotion into it so ..they can anyhow...

i guess that is the problem if there are 2 helpers cos they can push the responsibility or blame to each other ...
imho they can't be trusted 100% ...to them that is probably a job no need to put so much emotion into it so ..they can anyhow...

Used to have only 1 helper. But she can't complete the housework. And it was only 1 kid then. With 3 kids (2 sil's) 1 helper definitely can't manage.

Used to have only 1 helper. But she can't complete the housework. And it was only 1 kid then. With 3 kids (2 sil's) 1 helper definitely can't manage.
then need to assign their duties straight from beginning ..what my sis did is one look after the kid entirely the other on housework only ..then they won't cross path and push to each other

Hubby took a pair of comfortable looking aunty shoes and showed me yesterday.He said "Next time you can wear these to chase our kid"

I replied "Oh yeah,then i will match these by cutting my hair short and perm them like my mum" Tsk Tsk Tsk...

Many many more months to go,before i can start wearing these and my perfumes again :rolleyes:

GuessBrownHeels.jpg

Wah this sounds rather terrible by pushing responsibility and two adults didn't really take care of the kid.
Think to them it's jus a job, thus didn't put much emotion and love to it.
That's why it's best taken care by own families or by ownself ..
Too many horrible stories heard already....

then need to assign their duties straight from beginning ..what my sis did is one look after the kid entirely the other on housework only ..then they won't cross path and push to each other

Did assign general work duties. But they are suppose to help out with the kids if the other is busy.

Yah..my mum was saying last time she also didn't take what DHA n calcium pills and we turned out fine..haha
Yes my mum also nv eat DHA.. this also explain why these day babies so clever !!

Last time i remember my sis only know how to open room doors at age 5 yr old

Now my kids already know how to open at 2 yr old plus

Hubby took a pair of comfortable looking aunty shoes and showed me yesterday.He said "Next time you can wear these to chase our kid"

I replied "Oh yeah,then i will match these by cutting my hair short and perm them like my mum" Tsk Tsk Tsk...

Many many more months to go,before i can start wearing these and my perfumes again :rolleyes:

View attachment 372755
My angmo colleague > 6 month pregnant still wear her 3-4 inches heels ...

Yes my mum also nv eat DHA.. this also explain why these day babies so clever !!

Last time i remember my sis only know how to open room doors at age 5 yr old

Now my kids already know how to open at 2 yr old plus

But i don't take any kind of supplements. Must be the food that we eat these days too!

My kids were only 12 months old when they started opening room doors...... -_-"

Both also walked early between 9 to 10 months old. So by 1st birthday they could run and climb stairs. Young and dangerous!

Are majority of the mummies getting a cot? I am still undecided between cot and playpen. Read so many reviews until i see stars... :D

But i don't take any kind of supplements. Must be the food that we eat these days too!

My kids were only 12 months old when they started opening room doors...... -_-"

Both also walked early between 9 to 10 months old. So by 1st birthday they could run and climb stairs. Young and dangerous!
Wahh u took extra dha ??? Haha

Anyone knows the difference between paternity leave and shared parental leave?

paternity leave is fixed 1 week given to father by Govt.

shared parental leave - as its name suggest, is mother and father will utlise the mother's maternal leave based on mutual agreement. Eg if mother takes 3 months of ML, she can pass the remainder 1 month to father to use.

Anyone knows the difference between paternity leave and shared parental leave?
Working fathers, including those who are self-employed, will be entitled to 1 week of Government-Paid Paternity Leave for all births provided they meet the following criteria:

Child is a Singapore Citizen born on or after 1 May 2013;

The child’s parents are lawfully married;

Father must have served his employer for a continuous duration of at least 3 calendar months immediately preceding the birth of the child;

or

For self-employed fathers, they must have been engaged in a particular business/ trade/ profession for a continuous duration of at least 3 calendar months immediately preceding the birth of the child; and have lost income as a result of not engaging in the trade, business, profession or vocation during the paternity leave period.

Paternity leave is to be taken within 16 weeks after the birth of the child. It can also be taken flexibly within 12 months after the birth of the child, if there is mutual agreement between the employer and employee. The 1 week of paternity leave will be funded by the Government (capped at $2,500 including CPF contributions

Shared Parental leave
Working fathers will also be entitled to share 1 week of the 16 weeks of maternity leave, subject to the agreement of the mother, if the mother qualifies for Government-Paid Maternity Leave.

Working fathers, including those who are self-employed, will be entitled to 1 week of shared parental leave provided they meet the following criteria:

Child is a Singapore Citizen born on or after 1 May 2013;

Mother qualifies for Government-Paid Maternity Leave;

Father is lawfully married to the child's mother.

The shared parental leave is to be consumed as a continuous block within 12 months of the birth of the child. If there is mutual agreement between the employer and employee, the leave can be taken flexibly within 12 months of the birth of the child.

The 1 week of shared parental leave will be funded by the Government (capped at $2,500 including CPF contributions).

but you are SAHM right ...so your hubby shouldnt be entitled to the shared parental leave already

Back