(2014/08) August 2014

Luscioussash my hp is 92310081. My name is kaemii.. btw any of u mummy bb face been having lotsa heat or milk rash

mine had lots of rash on the face & body. now starting to clear up. suspect might be the antibiotics I had for csect. pd said it's nothing serious. it will go away after awhile. but he gave me some cream to apply. another pd say can also just apply aloe vera gel (buy from pharmacy) on the rash.

for mummies stressing over low supply, me too got low supply (& frequent damn block ducts), but I give up fretting & stressing over it. I'm juz pumping every 4hrs & getting juz 70-90ml whereas my boy taking 70-90ml every 2hrs. so I'm giving abt 50% BM, 50% FM. but I just keep telling myself any BM is better than no BM & FM is not poison. my elder one grew up on FM & he's perfectly fine. so don't so stress k. u r doing very good already. jiayou!

btw I just bought my freemies & pumped in a public toilet yesterday. so awkward but glad I managed to pull it off somehow. hahha.

Luscioussash my hp is 92310081. My name is kaemii.. btw any of u mummy bb face been having lotsa heat or milk rash
My baby has that these 2 days and it is getting worse. I went to check with PD she said is pimple :confused: and prescribed some cream for me to apply. But they are not getting better!! Anyone knows what are these rashes on the face? Anything to do with mummy's diet? I have poured away my breastmilk for these 2 days as I fear that is due to I ate something wrong and fed to baby....

My boy has baby acne on his face too!!! And he feels very hot when touched. Nanny says cos my diet consists of all heaty food and he is also heaty now.

I have been applying breast milk on his face at every feed. And I used mustela non rinsing lotion to wipe his face clean. Seems to be able to clear some spots. But there are new spots appearing as well.. He has some spots on his body but they sort of disappeared.

Nanny says as it might take a while as my diet is 'heaty'. No choice :(

My baby has that these 2 days and it is getting worse. I went to check with PD she said is pimple :confused: and prescribed some cream for me to apply. But they are not getting better!! Anyone knows what are these rashes on the face? Anything to do with mummy's diet? I have poured away my breastmilk for these 2 days as I fear that is due to I ate something wrong and fed to baby....

did u change ur diet? if not then shldnt be ur diet lo.

yes, my pd also say it's baby acne/pimple. some say it's milk rash. it will take abt a week for it to fully go off with the medication. now my boy's body is completely cleared after apply the med. left abit on the face coz we dare not apply on the face, only apply once/twice, coz scared his hand touch his face & then mouth.

My bb finally cleared from jaundice today.. It is really tough period these 2 weeks as his jaundice level been gg up and down. Doctor said it is mainly of bm that cause the jaundice therefore i gave my bb bm 3 feeding per day and rest will be on fm to reduce the jaundice.

I decided to place baby on full fm till jaundice is cleared for good. Yesterday it was at 270, after 2 full days of fm, it has dropped to 228 today. Can't wait for her to be cleared, then I can resume bm feeding.. Currently just pumping and freezing all my bm.

for mummies stressing over low supply, me too got low supply (& frequent damn block ducts), but I give up fretting & stressing over it. I'm juz pumping every 4hrs & getting juz 70-90ml whereas my boy taking 70-90ml every 2hrs. so I'm giving abt 50% BM, 50% FM. but I just keep telling myself any BM is better than no BM & FM is not poison. my elder one grew up on FM & he's perfectly fine. so don't so stress k. u r doing very good already. jiayou!

btw I just bought my freemies & pumped in a public toilet yesterday. so awkward but glad I managed to pull it off somehow. hahha.
Hi dear can check if freemies pump is good? How much n where u brought it from? Thanks in advance

Hi dear can check if freemies pump is good? How much n where u brought it from? Thanks in advance

I only bought the freemie collection cups & connector set to use with my FS pump. bought from The Little Summer Babies (can search for them on fb) for abt $120 after 10% disc. the 10% disc ends today!

yes, my pd also say it's baby acne/pimple. some say it's milk rash. it will take abt a week for it to fully go off with the medication. now my boy's body is completely cleared after apply the med. left abit on the face coz we dare not apply on the face, only apply once/twice, coz scared his hand touch his face & then mouth.

Hi @kopibeanie do you mind sharing what is this medication that made your boy better? My baby has these red spots on his neck, upper arms and some on the face too.

And does anyone know if I can continue to give my baby bm if I start taking chinese herbs prepared by the CL? We're still waiting for him to clear jaundice so he has been on half fm/bm. I am afraid that the herbs may make his heat rash worse too.

Hi @kopibeanie do you mind sharing what is this medication that made your boy better? My baby has these red spots on his neck, upper arms and some on the face too.

here u go. apply 2x daily.
ImageUploadedByForum1409485774.593778.jpg

Hi mummies, my little one is having phlegm in her throat. Such that she vomits out some milk after feed n I can hear the phlegm irritating her when she sleeps. Any idea what I should do?

And does anyone know if I can continue to give my baby bm if I start taking chinese herbs prepared by the CL? We're still waiting for him to clear jaundice so he has been on half fm/bm. I am afraid that the herbs may make his heat rash worse too.

if you can, try to wait for baby's jaundice to clear first.. my baby had jaundice too n my pd says to cut down on chinese herbs n alcohol (Dom) until baby's jaundice is cleared.. after that, it is ok to comsume in moderation..

This is how the pimples look like...I think it is getting from bad to worse even applying the cream PD gave...sigh...any idea will they go off after a week?

Attachments

• 1409574786310.jpg
    1409574786310.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 248
My boy's acne gets worse in the afternoon and when its hot, when he starts to wail. But goes away when the sun sets.
It says online its due to mother's hormones? I've sought advice from a pd and was informed to leave it. I apply breast milk to the spots on and off...

This is how the pimples look like...I think it is getting from bad to worse even applying the cream PD gave...sigh...any idea will they go off after a week?
U can buy this from kiddy palace. My girl whole face. Already 3 weeks and not getting better. Tried all ways and means and this is the most effective one. Now left cheeks to recover. U may wanna consider

Attachments

• 1409643453086.jpg
    1409643453086.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 252
Her face now.. u can see.. cheeks still have but less red.. forehead and ear gone.

Attachments

• 1409643846646.jpg
    1409643846646.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 245
My LO also have some rashes on her cheek and neck..
Their skin is very sensative. Easy to get red.
Sometimes i apply bm..

I see alot of mummies have the same problems at around the same time so i guess it's normal for LO to have facial rashes at this point of time...
will try to apply the California baby cream first if doesn't work then i try the mustella one! thanks!

Hi all. Not sure what is happening to me. I have alot of help. In law, parents and CL. Also in terms of BF, i have no problem in supply. But dunno why I feel quite emotional leh. Sometimes tears will just drop. Elders say cannot cry during confinement but I just cannot control. Is this signs of depression?
Now everyday besides feeding and meal time, most of the time I'm lying down on bed. CL and my inlaws say cannot sit so much. :(

Pooh girl, it's normal. Not depression just post natal blues. I also felt emotional and teary for a while during confinement. Will get better soon. Talk to ur hubby, it worked for me

Phew, good to hear that... I am also feeling emotional at times... Cries a few times a day but it didn't feel like PPD to me... I was suspecting hormones or for me mayb it's stress...

Cos the things that triggers me to cry is 1) CL leaving in a week 2) can't do what I used to do with my time like in the last 3) why bb cannot be soothed

Hi all. Not sure what is happening to me. I have alot of help. In law, parents and CL. Also in terms of BF, i have no problem in supply. But dunno why I feel quite emotional leh. Sometimes tears will just drop. Elders say cannot cry during confinement but I just cannot control. Is this signs of depression?
Now everyday besides feeding and meal time, most of the time I'm lying down on bed. CL and my inlaws say cannot sit so much. :(

I also thought that it might be depression at first but I guess it's just the hormones....

I cried 2 times alr during confinement and each time I cried for a few hours and can't stop... Just feel very upset (dunno about what) and keep crying...

Now think about it feel silly and laugh over it... It will be over soon!!!

I also cried. Felt that everyone else is interacting with baby more than me. Baby doesn't like latching because flow is too little /slow. So most of the time I'm just pumping while someone else feeds and changes baby. And whenever I look at baby, she's asleep. She's going to think Mil is Mummy soon.

Also cried because Mil doesn't seem supportive of Ebm. Especially seems baby seems to poo too much after ebm feeding. Every time ebm is fed, She poo 2 or 3 times in short interval (sometimes while still drinking, and definitely after drinking). Then baby will fuss and refuse to sleep and cry for an hour or so. She doesn't do that with fm. Now wondering If my ebm is poisonous >_< or causing diarrhea.

Last edited:
I also cried. Felt that everyone else is interacting with baby more than me. Baby doesn't like latching because flow is too little /slow. So most of the time I'm just pumping while someone else feeds and changes baby. And whenever I look at baby, she's asleep. She's going to think Mil is Mummy soon.

Also cried because Mil doesn't seem supportive of Ebm. Especially seems baby seems to poo too much after ebm feeding. Every time ebm is fed, She poo 2 or 3 times in short interval (sometimes while still drinking, and definitely after drinking). Now wondering If my ebm is poisonous >_< or causing diarrhea.

My bb dun latch too so I only pump. My bb like diarrhea after drinking my EBM so urs is normal. I supplement wif FM so there's less poo.
Hugz to all mummies with emotional moments. It's normal.

I also cried during my confinement...felt that everyone else is spending more time with my LO than me after giving birth to him...and all I was told to do is sleep in bed and expressing breastmilk...but I was worrying my LO most of the time that I don't want to sleep...and my mum scolded me said I look very pale and wasted all the tonics because I don't have enough rest and hence my body not absorbing =_=

Also cried because Mil doesn't seem supportive of Ebm. Especially seems baby seems to poo too much after ebm feeding. Every time ebm is fed, She poo 2 or 3 times in short interval (sometimes while still drinking, and definitely after drinking). Then baby will fuss and refuse to sleep and cry for an hour or so. She doesn't do that with fm. Now wondering If my ebm is poisonous >_< or causing diarrhea.
I totally feel you *sob sob* jiayou! Confinement is ending soon and we can have our LO to ourselves! :p

Mummies with emotional prob.. try latching, it's a unique connection n private bonding with ur LO. Or you can try to let ur LO sleep next to you. So that you won't feel that no time w bb.

Also u can take fish oil which is good from bb n helps with depression.

I intend to let bb sleep with me in the day time after CL leaves next week. Is there anything I need to know regarding bb in my bed?

Is that a bad habit that bb refuse to sleep in his bed?

@candymoshi - I bought a graco pack and play with mattress this week to have baby nap in my room during the day and his first feed at night - to get used to baby sleeping in same room as me and hubs!

I don't feel comfortable with baby on my bed. The pillows etc, and I cannot move abt freely when on the bed

Oh... After CL is gone, baby will sleep alone? Anyway. The pack and play is portable and has wheels that's why I got it. Can move around the house

Mummies with emotional prob.. try latching, it's a unique connection n private bonding with ur LO. Or you can try to let ur LO sleep next to you. So that you won't feel that no time w bb.

Also u can take fish oil which is good from bb n helps with depression.
Tried to latch lo while milk is being warmed up, and She cried non stop until the milk bottle is in her mouth

Tried to latch lo while milk is being warmed up, and She cried non stop until the milk bottle is in her mouth
Do you usually latch? If bb used to bottle feed, they will refuse latching especially when they r hungry. Cos he won't know can get milk from there. I experienced this b4 and I persistent, now he is used to both latching n bottle feed. Has to be patience, dun give up. You might want to latch him a full feed. At least ur LO won't register it as a temporary feed b4 the bottle feed.

Do you usually latch? If bb used to bottle feed, they will refuse latching especially when they r hungry. Cos he won't know can get milk from there. I experienced this b4 and I persistent, now he is used to both latching n bottle feed. Has to be patience, dun give up. You might want to latch him a full feed. At least ur LO won't register it as a temporary feed b4 the bottle feed.
I latched while I was in hospital. (But no milk then, and had to do bottle feed becoz Pd said baby losing too much weight and jaundice ).
Now that milk has come, baby refusing to latch again.

How to be persistent? Should i try to latch even when baby cries?

I latched while I was in hospital. (But no milk then, and had to do bottle feed becoz Pd said baby losing too much weight and jaundice ).

Same situation! Now that milk has come, bb is too used to bottle feed. I try latching once a day only (& unsuccessful everytime) coz my bb bring the whole hse down wif his cries & eventually I'll cave in.
I think it's not easy to be able to latch & bottle feed at same time. How to do it?

try to latch when bb is not hungry/ crying, eg 15-30mins before the next feed, to get bb used to latching again. I do that when I'm unable to pump coz alone looking after my boy & he wants to be carried all the time, & surprisingly my boy still willing to latch.

Dear mummies, any good PD to recommend at Jurong area? I am giving up on my TMC PD liao too far and always use eyes power...the last round I went back to check is my bb jaundice clear we nv do blood test...she only said no more jaundice :(

Back