IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Feeling a bit lost right now.... my tcm physician is on medical leave till at least day 13 from my stim. Worried as I didn't have any other backup tcm physican... and this is my first fresh. .. wanted to do everything possible but it seems tht I have to go thru this unaided.... :(

@Danielle_dilemma.. Don't worry too much.. The jabs given by KKIVFC will be enough to help you..

I'm seeing TSB and she oso don't give herbs during stim period.. She feels that the jabs will be enough and actually is alot for our body to take.. She personally feels her herbs might be an overdose.. So she dun give us anything until after ET..

Hi..i am new to this thread..

Am starting 2nd fresh with ivf but may meet with some obstacles. Need some advises from e sisters here.
has anyone done a d&c with dr tanhh to remove endometrial polyp or fabriod?how is his skills n wat is e recovery timespan like..? Wat abt e cost?
Thanks for yr advise in advance

@Danielle_dilemma.. Don't worry too much.. The jabs given by KKIVFC will be enough to help you..

I'm seeing TSB and she oso don't give herbs during stim period.. She feels that the jabs will be enough and actually is alot for our body to take.. She personally feels her herbs might be an overdose.. So she dun give us anything until after ET..

rachelt, really? I was so emo earlier on tht I cry thrice aldy... :(
I feel a little better after knowing what ur tcm physician said....thank you.
The physician I m seeing actually scheduled me for acupuncture everyday frm start of stim day04 till ER. But I onli went for one session n the rest was cancelled.

I m worried tht after egg trsf the physician would not be back still....
is TSB's appt difficult to get? Did u go to the one at Chinatown?

@rachelt hi Rachel can you add me to the list? im cycling in sep too! 2nd fresh.

i failed my first fresh in June.. biochemical pregnancy. took quite awhile to get over it but now i'm back to try again! Never give up no matter how e tough is the going.. i believe it will bring us closer to our dreams with faith..

@rachelt hi Rachel can you add me to the list? im cycling in sep too! 2nd fresh.

i failed my first fresh in June.. biochemical pregnancy. took quite awhile to get over it but now i'm back to try again! Never give up no matter how e tough is the going.. i believe it will bring us closer to our dreams with faith..
You're in :)

rachelt, really? I was so emo earlier on tht I cry thrice aldy... :(
I feel a little better after knowing what ur tcm physician said....thank you.
The physician I m seeing actually scheduled me for acupuncture everyday frm start of stim day04 till ER. But I onli went for one session n the rest was cancelled.

I m worried tht after egg trsf the physician would not be back still....
is TSB's appt difficult to get? Did u go to the one at Chinatown?[/QUOTE

Hi danielle_dilemma, my tcm whom is not tsb also didn't give me any herbs during stimulation stage but only daily acupuncture till ET. So don't worry too much about it ya. Sorry for asking but why was the rest of your acupuncture session cancelled? There's no one other physician to cover her duties if she's away?

@milogal88.....the clinic is operated by one doc onli.... the doc fell ill suddenly n thus all the rest of the sessions were cancelled.which tcm u went to ? I am trying to source for another one..... preferably in the west area....

hi ladies, like to join you all in this thread. A bit of intro of myself..... I failed 2 IUIs with my private gynae in Jan & Feb this year & my fren recommended me Prof Wong at NUH. However Prof Wong recommended me to try naturally or try another IUI which I am reluctant to waste any more time so I went to Dr THH @kkh last friday. Had a discussion with him to proceed with IVF for my case & I am so glad that he agreed to do IVF without going thru other treatment!! He also told me the lab will be closed for cleaning 2 wks in Dec. Does anyone know which 2 wks are the lab close?

Maybe you can advise them your expected date of menses. They will advise you accordingly. Either bring forward till Nov or postpone to Jan.
Thks bbpony! Do we call ivf centre directly after seeing Dr Tan or we wait for them to call us? I m super anxious to book a date in nov.

Hi @bubbleblue1.. have you told THH that you're confirmed to do the procedure with him?

yesyes, I confirm with him that I am going ahead with IVF with him but he told me the ivf centre will call me to give me a date. I just called them & they were very quick in returning my call & was told that their earliest appt will probably be in Oct.

yesyes, I confirm with him that I am going ahead with IVF with him but he told me the ivf centre will call me to give me a date. I just called them & they were very quick in returning my call & was told that their earliest appt will probably be in Oct.
Ya.. IVFC takes some time to call de.. For my case I told THH i wanna go book immediately cos needa see the date to make sure coincide with my boss being away.. easier for me.. and THH got his asst (that day not Felicia) to bring me to IVFC to book immediately.. Else IVFC takes some time to call de..

Hi Rachelt ...
How u get Felicia to call u ah ? I left msg and she din call me back today.
@Miracle No. 2.. She dont return call de.. The nurses in Clinic D does.. When I told them I'm looking for Felicia, they told me Felicia is not a nurse thus cannot give me advise.. Which i think is kinda true.. And the nurses who called back actually helped me with my queries regarding endo scratch and also helped book an appt for me..

Hi everyone! I'm new ;) I'll be going for briefing on 17 Sep. I know I'm anxious. But can any sweeties share on the things which I'd need to take note of? ;)

@Jun loh , don't worry too much. Everything will fall in place nicely and before u know it, you'll be in your 2WW already. The jabs are manageable also so just take it easy.

Hi..i am new to this thread..

Am starting 2nd fresh with ivf but may meet with some obstacles. Need some advises from e sisters here.
has anyone done a d&c with dr tanhh to remove endometrial polyp or fabriod?how is his skills n wat is e recovery timespan like..? Wat abt e cost?
Thanks for yr advise in advance

Hi Connie_hopeful, I did the endometrial polyp removal surgery last yr mar and embarked on the 1st fresh cycle under dr tan. Recovery was fast. I was up n running on the same day. Dr tan decided to leave my fibroids alone, like my previous gynae, as they are not interfering with chances of getting pregnant. His skills was quite good and I din feel any pain after the procedure. Thumbs up. Costs wise, can't remember. Was abt 3k for the procedure after medisave deductions and I managed to claimed insurance.

I did not succeed on the apr cycle, however, I succeeded on the next try in oct. My baby girl is now 2.5 months old and was naturally delivered by dr tan. Hope it helps.

Hi Connie_hopeful, I did the endometrial polyp removal surgery last yr mar and embarked on the 1st fresh cycle under dr tan. Recovery was fast. I was up n running on the same day. Dr tan decided to leave my fibroids alone, like my previous gynae, as they are not interfering with chances of getting pregnant. His skills was quite good and I din feel any pain after the procedure. Thumbs up. Costs wise, can't remember. Was abt 3k for the procedure after medisave deductions and I managed to claimed insurance.

I did not succeed on the apr cycle, however, I succeeded on the next try in oct. My baby girl is now 2.5 months old and was naturally delivered by dr tan. Hope it helps.
Hi babycomecome,thanks..it certainly helps. Got my sis report ytd. E report says somethg like polyp 0.4cm is found n maybi there is some adhesion inside also. Team dr suggest doing hysteroscopy to put camera in to check. If found somethg, do a d&c n polymetry (think its endo polyp removal). I thinking of going to dr tan hh for 2nd opinion n if need to remove. As e report says maybi. Not conclusive,tt y team dr suggest put camera in to check n remove once confirm.
Yrs is also d&c? Actually i am feeling a bit scared on the procedure,read e internet describe dilation needed more scared,wonder is it a knife cut at e entry area down there. Although dr says its just 10min proc.

Yr review certainly helps. Cos i thinking of dr tan hh to do it for me. Yrs is also d&c?

Last edited:
Hi all, I m in a dilemna. Recently had 2 failed FET with Dr THH. Previously doing the fresh cycle was with Dr LSF. Very thankful I had a girl. So very disappointed. Not sure to look for Dr THH or Prof Wong at NUS?

Hi all, I m in a dilemna. Recently had 2 failed FET with Dr THH. Previously doing the fresh cycle was with Dr LSF. Very thankful I had a girl. So very disappointed. Not sure to look for Dr THH or Prof Wong at NUS?
why dont u make an appt with prof wong and have a chat with him.. see if u feel comfy with him anot..

Am the same as u, failed 2 fet but successful in fresh. Trying fresh again with THH. Maybe fresh works better for us?

Hi babycomecome,thanks..it certainly helps. Got my sis report ytd. E report says somethg like polyp 0.4cm is found n maybi there is some adhesion inside also. Team dr suggest doing hysteroscopy to put camera in to check. If found somethg, do a d&c n polymetry (think its endo polyp removal). I thinking of going to dr tan hh for 2nd opinion n if need to remove. As e report says maybi. Not conclusive,tt y team dr suggest put camera in to check n remove once confirm.
Yrs is also d&c? Actually i am feeling a bit scared on the procedure,read e internet describe dilation needed more scared,wonder is it a knife cut at e entry area down there. Although dr says its just 10min proc.

Yr review certainly helps. Cos i thinking of dr tan hh to do it for me. Yrs is also d&c?
Hi.. Juz to share.. I did a hysteroscopy together with polypectomy in April and BFPed in May thru natural FET... Was trying to conceived for 4 yrs.. Had one failed iui and two failed fresh before the surgery.. Now in my 19th week.. Hope it helps to boost u up.. :D

Santhiya

Hi.. Juz to share.. I did a hysteroscopy together with polypectomy in April and BFPed in May thru natural FET... Was trying to conceived for 4 yrs.. Had one failed iui and two failed fresh before the surgery.. Now in my 19th week.. Hope it helps to boost u up.. :D
hi santhiya, is this with tanhh? Any d&c done for e procedure?

Santhiya

Hi santhiya, is this procedure done by tanhh? Any d&c done for that procedure?
The procedure was done by HH Tan.. Should have D & C together.. Cos after removing polyps, they will want to clean ur womb at the same time to make it like 'new'.. And there is no pain at all.. Juz a little cramps and bleeding like menses..

Santhiya

The procedure was done by HH Tan.. Should have D & C together.. Cos after removing polyps, they will want to clean ur womb at the same time to make it like 'new'.. And there is no pain at all.. Juz a little cramps and bleeding like menses..

Santhiya
Dear santhiya, thank you veri much for yr valuable feedback! It assured me as i was pretty worried abt e procedure. Thanks n take care :)

Hi ladies. I'm Aiu and very new to this thread. It is so great to finally see a support group. I'll be heading formy 1st checkup for ivf at kkh. I've a question, have anyone skip the counselling sessions. I'm thinking of skipping it as my leaves are pretty limited. And does anyone here are ligated, fertile and went through ivf b4? I'm getting all excited and worry of the "waiting time :( thanks in advance all. Baby dust to all of you.

Back