Hi.. I need to hear more advice. Thanks.

Tang Thomas

Hi Ladies or Anyone here has this problems before.

I need to hear some of advice. To clear my heads and compare.

My wife has done her check up at KK lately and the doc has told my wife that her fallopian tube is blocked (Both tube). There are only 2 option to conceive.

To do the minor surgery to insert pin-hole and remove the blockage tissue, but it is not 100% removable base on what the doc has told my wife.

Last option, by going through IVF. Chances are only 35% success rate?

Another option base on what I know through surfing nets is to try out TCM (Chinese medicine practice)

I have to brace myself to tell her do not worry over this. I believe we are going to make it for our children.
My wife and myself likes children a lot. Addition info. Currently we are on TCM so call tune or improve our bodies and myself have diagnose with Teratospermia and 5% of my sperm has this issue as well.

I'm really very upset over this issue and I don't want my wife to keep thinking about it.

Anyone has this similar issue as well and how do you get yourself conceive?

Hope to hear some view.

Rgd,
Thomas

Hi, if you happen to read other threads here, both your wifey and your conditions are more common than you thought. They are not incurable so I hope you both don't be too stressed over this. Helps are available.

Good that you're seeing tcm. I personally think tcm can't do the part on unblocking tubes. If I were in your position, I won't hesitate to have my tubes surgically unblocked. Fully blocked tubes means it is practically zero chance of natural conceiving. Won't you even consider the surgery if it gives hope on natural conceiving? Ok it may not be 100% unblocked but the chance of cleared tubes is just too big a stake to pass off. Don't worry too much about the surgery. It's not a major one.

As for the SA result, I've seen many men with non ideal ones but they still end up impregnating their other half. It's "low sperm count" that's more worrying. If your sperm count is good, just continue your tcm and lead healthy lifestyle. I find alot of people read too much into the SA. All your wifey needs is ONE good soldier.

IVF should be the last resort. Not sure how long you guys have been ttcing or how old you both are. But i just find it's best to clear the hurdle (blocked tubes) first and try natural. IVF should be considered last after you have exhausted all other means. It's a demanding process.

Good luck.

hi Thomas,

Redvel is right, the chance of being able to clear the tubes shouldn't be simply passed off. Though IVF bypasses this issue of block tubes, I feel strongly to at least attempt to clear the tubes first.

Here are the reasons why
1) A fresh cycle of IVF can only be done every 3-4 months. Meaning that if unfortunately, the first cycle doesn't work out, you will need to wait for 2-3 menstrual cycles before you can embark on the next IVF. If both the tubes are blocked, there is zero chance of conceiving naturally. However, if you unblock the tubes, during the 3 months of rest, you can try naturally, who knows a miracle may happen!

2) After failing a couple of cycles, the doctor say I have an implantation issue. And this may be because of the block tube. The block tube causes some liquid to back flow into the womb and this liquid may cause the embryos not to implant. So once again, even though IVF bypasses the block tube, it doesn't mean that it doesn't cause any other issues. The doc asked me to unblock the tube so I did a laparascopy.

Actually it's just a day surgery and it's very fast. The key is to get a good doctor to do it. TCM can only help to prepare your body for conception but it will not be able to help a blocked tube.

And lastly, this journey is not easy for us but don't give up. A strong mind is very important. If wifey and you have the common aim of having kids, you can overcome everything. IVF is not that daunting once you get on to it with an open mind.

All the best!

Hi Thomas, my hubby got a close friend whom was diagnose by doctor saying that they can never concieve yet they already had a baby and was born healthily. My hubby name is Charlie and you can reach him at 96804069 for the finer details. Hope your dreams can come true soon.

Hi Tang Thomas: i did lapo early this year as i had 1 blocked tube..the tube was unblocked through hydrotubation( flushing fluid into tube to unblock it) but i never regretted going for it as the docs found other underlying conditions tat could/ could not have affected my chances to conceive..im glad they cleared all these issues!
Surgery is not major n its nt as bad as i thought..this is the 1x i went thru a surgery n i was really petrified!at the end seriously it was nt tat bad...
Im still ttc naturally..n hope ill b successful soon..to me ivf is the last option...

Back