(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Ultimately it's still up to you. Actually I think it will be fine as long as u don't strain yourself during the trip. And don't walk too much.

Hi mummies, apparently from the scan, no signs of pregnancy.all i saw was what she called a luteal phase egg. Doctor gave 3 possibilities: chemical pregnancy (this explains the reason why i had a positive and negative later), pregnant but still too early to show on scan, etopic pregnancy . She took a blood test, by this afternoon will let me know. I didnt take a urine test since yesterday morning negative result. I rather im not pregnant than it being an etopic as was told surgery n chemo needs to b done, im scared..pray hard for me.

Oh yes, n she gave me a mild antibiotic for my too frequent urination, seems i got an infection but she didnt do any check on my urine saying blood test is sufficient.

Last edited:
Oh fairie2010.. I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Big hugs to you! Praying that it isn't an ectopic pregnancy. Update us soon k? Anxious to know what happened.

Hi mummies, blood test shows im not pregnant anymore. Dr has diagnosed this is a chemical pregnancy. Sad as i may be, but life still has to go on. Well, got to try making babies again next month :) have a healthy pregnancy ahead...god bless

Last edited:
Hi mummies, blood test shows im not pregnant anymore. Dr has diagnosed this is a chemical pregnancy. Sad as i may be, but life still has to go on. Well, got to try making babies again next month :) have a healthy pregnancy ahead...god bless

Fairie, sorry to hear that but on the other hand glad its not ectopic. All the best for next mth!

Mummies, good news for my blood test. Today beta hcg is 9707, more than doubled from 4210 on thurs. Pinking bleeding has stopped today brownish spotting so gynae insists on HL for 2 weeks for bed rest. And increased my hormone pills to three times a day.

fairie2010 i'm so sorry to hear about this...hugs hugs! please take good care! Jesus loves you and God bless you! Hope and pray you will have good news next month

Mummies, good news for my blood test. Today beta hcg is 9707, more than doubled from 4210 on thurs. Pinking bleeding has stopped today brownish spotting so gynae insists on HL for 2 weeks for bed rest. And increased my hormone pills to three times a day.
mummycoccyx, that's great to hear! hope the spotting and bleeding stops and you get plenty of rest

I was resisting the 2 weeks HL but she insisted and said it's the only thing I can do for the baby. I just hope my bosses and colleagues will understand....

Hugs, fairie2010! Thank goodness it is not an ectopic one.

Rest well these 2 weeks. I am sure your colleagues will understand. You able to work from home? I mean use laptop reply emails etc from bed.

Happy for u! Just rest at home... Baby is the priority now. U can work from bed...

Me too, Eeznyl. My mum cooked dinner but I only managed to drink soup. Usually by 10am in the morning I will already know what I want to eat for lunch! Such a glutton. Lol! Lately super no appetite.

I'm still eating as per normal. Sometimes will crave for cold drinks like iced lemon tea! But I know gotta avoid all the 'liang' foods for now. Can't wait for 2nd trimester already lor...

me too! i have no cravings at all...plus there are lots of food we have to avoid...

Yes. .. my tcm gimme a long list of food to avoid. If i wanna eat something, i have to see if its in the list... thats y i think i sian liao... might as well dun eat lol

Starry mommy, will send him an SMS and email cc-ed to some of my colleagues later. Sigh... No choice gotta announce pregnancy this early again

Ok, i try to remember as much as possible. ..

Green bean soup, tea (including green tea), coffee, ipoh hor fun, braise duck, duck from dian xiao er, pineapple, coconut, orange, strawberry, starfruit, mango, watermelon, honey dew sago, bak kut teh, herbal soup, anything with dang gui, mint... got some more i forget le as im outside now. Basically i won't touch anything with herbs n cold stuff. To strengthen pregnancy, double boil kampung chicken, black chicken or spring chicken n drink once or twice a week.

This is for 1st tri only.

How come cannot eat duck? And ipoh hor fun?? So many items which which never crossed my mind that we cannot eat! I cannot don't eat duck and cannot don't drink coffee. Lol! Bah kut teh also. Jia lat... :p

@starrymommy me too for bak kut teh. I nearly took that for dinner... end up i took dory fish and steak cooked in red wine sauce. Equally jia lat. But i googled .. seems like cooked alcohol not so bad.

babymarian, green tea is considered "liang". Just endure for the next few weeks. Actually I think a few sips won't hurt bah! If really crave until damn jia lat and cannot drink, it's really quite a torture.

icecreamcony, cooked alcohol isn't that bad. :) Feel like having a steak myself too, now that you mmentioned it!

Ipoh hor fun gravy, braise duck, bak kut teh got herbs in it... thats y better dun take. As for mint, he told me cannot take cough syrup (i am coughing badly) that has mint in it so i guess its not gd as well. He did say if really want tea n coffee just limit to 1 cup a day.

Chicken essence is ok but he say best is to double boiled urself. I tried a few times after my ivf n its yummy... very natural n its meant to support the pregnancy. He advise my gf whom preggy thru iui to tk it too so i guess it's not only for ivf patients.

babymarian, green tea is considered "liang". Just endure for the next few weeks. Actually I think a few sips won't hurt bah! If really crave until damn jia lat and cannot drink, it's really quite a torture.

icecreamcony, cooked alcohol isn't that bad. :) Feel like having a steak myself too, now that you mmentioned it!
starrymommy, thank you very much for the information! :)

Sounds good! Any recipe to share?

Starrymommy, u can refer to this link: http://jewelpie.com/homemade-chicken-essence-to-relief-tiredness/
Use kampung chicken, spring chicken or black chicken only. Remove skin, fats, feet, wings, backside, head n neck. Chop the rest into 4 pcs. But if u r coughing, refrain from taking this as it will worsen cough, thats y i stop temporary.

I didnt boiled so long... mine is abt 2 hours n i use electrical double boiler so its really easy n i dun have to keep checking the water level.

Thanks for the info!! Must learn to control now. Don't forget to avoid all mayo (egg mayo, tuna mayo) and soft cheeses! ;) Gd night mummies.

Back