IVF/ICSI Support Group

Connie, thanks. Not sure about the chance of success, but I know if next fet din work out, I no need to do fresh n im very satisfied liao. Haha

So u did your ivf with sincere lab? Can you share the ivf protocol dr fong did for you? Drugs, process ? any special treatment? Endo scratch or etc? Sorry for the questions but sincere is very new to me so I wan to know more! Thanks.

By the way, Very good numbers for d5 !

Mosburger, the bubbles not liquid cysts. He didnt do any scan for me at all. He just say best not to have chinese med inside me. I guess he has his reasons. Maybe because i just finished taking the chinese med 3days ago

Ellesie, thats a good results! So many embbies! But storage of embbies at sincere is expensive! I did twice iui before but failed thats why decided to do ivf after few months of seeing tcm.

Dear sisters, does anyone has contact, address and opening hours for tan Siew buoy tcm? I know it has been posted many times. My tcm fell sick and I have an emergency. Hope sisters here can help
me.

U can try call Chinatown clinic now. Not sure tsb see any patient tmr or not...

Attachments

• 1409316429927.jpg
    1409316429927.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 203
I have adenomyoma plus multiple cysts. My uterus is so bulky now. Not much room for baby to grow.
:(
But can monitor and see how it goes?
I have a gf, hers was hard uterus, and not much space for her baby... Had tough pregnancy for her but she carried on and now a mother of two.

Though condition is different from yours, but want try to see another gynae?

Not sure my gf gynae still in practice (she's actually retired)

:(
But can monitor and see how it goes?
I have a gf, hers was hard uterus, and not much space for her baby... Had tough pregnancy for her but she carried on and now a mother of two.

Though condition is different from yours, but want try to see another gynae?

Not sure my gf gynae still in practice (she's actually retired)

Really? OMG thats good news for me. Is there a way to get her email, i could try to email her gynae

Got this online (my gf overseas)

Camden medical
Maurine Tsakok Clinic
Unit No: #03-01
Tel: 6835 4300
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Dr Maurine Tsakok

Do give her a call and see what she says
(Not going be cheap but worth if both you and baby are well)

So update us okay?

Last edited:
Pepper, dun lose hope! It isn't easy to have come this far. Pls stay positive!

There's a pretty good, old doc at Gleneagles who has experience with challenging pregnancies. He's Dr. Fong Chuan Wee. Very experienced but the down side is he's expensive. His priority is to ensure mother and child ok, tells u nothing more than u need, can't be bothered to really answer questions, so not very friendly in my opinion. But his track record shows he's good. Another option for ur consideration.

Last edited:
Hi all sisters here. I went for my 1st visit to TFC with dr SF Loh on 15/8/14, he diagnosed my lining there has endometrial polyp n suggested me do D&C. Yesterday I went to see DR THH at KKH, he said my lining no problem, no polyp is found :confused: 2 doctor 2 diff diagnosis... Fainted! Don't know who should I believe. Dr THH suggested me go for SIS if I worry about the polyp. This SIS can detect whether we hv polyp or fibroid? No need direct go for D&C as suggest by dr Loh? Hope that sisters here can give me some advice. I'm 36 already, hope can start my ivf journey ASAP .

Hi all sisters here. I went for my 1st visit to TFC with dr SF Loh on 15/8/14, he diagnosed my lining there has endometrial polyp n suggested me do D&C. Yesterday I went to see DR THH at KKH, he said my lining no problem, no polyp is found :confused: 2 doctor 2 diff diagnosis... Fainted! Don't know who should I believe. Dr THH suggested me go for SIS if I worry about the polyp. This SIS can detect whether we hv polyp or fibroid? No need direct go for D&C as suggest by dr Loh? Hope that sisters here can give me some advice. I'm 36 already, hope can start my ivf journey ASAP .
Hi,sis is a scan to see n detect fabriod and polyp using contrast medium such as saline water,it does not remove them. How did dr loh detect you have polyp?via ultrasound abdomen scan or transviginal scan?

Hi,sis is a scan to see n detect fabriod and polyp using contrast medium such as saline water,it does not remove them. How did dr loh detect you have polyp?via ultrasound abdomen scan or transviginal scan?

Hi Connie, is transviginal scan. When yesterday dr THH didn't detect any polyp when doing scanning. Polyp can disappear without surgery?

Dr Loh said seen like endo polyp, but not 100% confirm, so need to do D&C then will know. If detect a polyp when D&C then will direct cut it out. But I forgot to ask if can't find any polyp when D&C then how? :eek:

Hi Connie, is transviginal scan. When yesterday dr THH didn't detect any polyp when doing scanning. Polyp can disappear without surgery?
Oic..sometimes polyp cant be seen during transvirignal scan. So maybi tt y dr tanhh suggest u to do sis if u reali worried,as that sis can see better. I dunno polyp can disappear ma..

Hi appleangel,

I also went to see sf Loh first time recently and he said I may have polyps and need to do a lap surgery to be sure and "clean up" my womb in the process... Does your d&c refer to the lap keyhole surgery?

I have seen two other fertility docs for a year plus but none have ever said I may have polyps so I do have abit of reservations about doc loh's recommendation. In any case, I'm going to a 4th doc for second opinion before I decide if to go for the lap surgery. I understand it is a rather minor and safe surgery. Hope this helps. :)

An acquaintant visited dr Tsakok before so that's where I've heard about her. She used to be the head of O&G at SGH if I remember correctly. She is very personalised in her Camden clinic. It's a total different experience from government hospital docs, the least to say. of course that comes with a different price tag.

Just thought of sharing what little i know about her.

Pepper I hope all will turn out well.

Hi appleangel,

I also went to see sf Loh first time recently and he said I may have polyps and need to do a lap surgery to be sure and "clean up" my womb in the process... Does your d&c refer to the lap keyhole surgery?

I have seen two other fertility docs for a year plus but none have ever said I may have polyps so I do have abit of reservations about doc loh's recommendation. In any case, I'm going to a 4th doc for second opinion before I decide if to go for the lap surgery. I understand it is a rather minor and safe surgery. Hope this helps. :)

Hi xiaomyang, what is the diff between D&C and lap surgery? I abit confuse on it. So now I'm waiting for my AF come n book for SIS to double check on it whether I hv polyp or not.

Dear sisters,

I've been away from this forum for awhile...

I BFPed on 13/8 and went for my first ultrasound at 6 weeks 3 days. The scan showed that my sac is only dated at 5 weeks, no fetal pole detected... Dr tan ordered a blood test on wed and ytd. The hcg increase is not even 50%. He did another scan for me again at 6 weeks 5 days and still cannot see baby... I'm very upset as dr says even if its late implantation, it couldn't be so slow.... He was not optimistic.... My next scan on fri will be the judgement... Anyone have this experience to share? Looking for some hope here....

Dear tsf0205, breathe and pray for the best. I do hope you will get good news for yourself this friday. Big hugs to you.

lainelaine, sorry, I have only taken pregnyl for trigger, not for progesterone support. You are in your 2ww? Which day already ?
I was given pregnyl 2000iu booster shot after ET before as my Progesterone level was 8.5 three days after transfer. But when i asked the nurse they also dunno how to answer me.

Dear sisters,

I've been away from this forum for awhile...

I BFPed on 13/8 and went for my first ultrasound at 6 weeks 3 days. The scan showed that my sac is only dated at 5 weeks, no fetal pole detected... Dr tan ordered a blood test on wed and ytd. The hcg increase is not even 50%. He did another scan for me again at 6 weeks 5 days and still cannot see baby... I'm very upset as dr says even if its late implantation, it couldn't be so slow.... He was not optimistic.... My next scan on fri will be the judgement... Anyone have this experience to share? Looking for some hope here....

TSF: i was in the exact same shoes as u. BFP with HCG of 464 at week 6. but no foetal pole detected despite waiting from 6 weeks to 8 weeks and did 2 BT in 2 days. my HCG went from 49,000 to 50,000+ and sac and yolk sac got bigger still no foetal pole. This is a case of blighted ovum and it is pretty common.

I did a D&C at the end.

Hey redvel,u seeing dr sadhana right? Pls ask her when ivf centre is closed. She told me sth about painting and all,seems like they r closing for a longer period this year than last year. Thanks!

Hey pepper and tsf2005 - good luck and all the best! Jiayou!

dear ladies, I just called kkivf & got to learnt that the lab is closed from 17 Dec to 4 Jan. The lady told me no appt will be made for the entire month of Dec due to this closure. Hope this helps since I guess most of us are working....

Can I just find out if anyone knows if HL will be given after ET? I read randomly on this thread that almost 2wks HL will be given for ER but I like to find out for ET too. I am still blur blur on IVF procedure & like to seek all sisters' guidance in here.

Hey redvel,u seeing dr sadhana right? Pls ask her when ivf centre is closed. She told me sth about painting and all,seems like they r closing for a longer period this year than last year. Thanks!

Hey pepper and tsf2005 - good luck and all the best! Jiayou!

I guess Bubble has answered you.

Yes I'm seeing doc tomorrow. Let's see what's next for me.

Hi ladies, need some advice and listening ear. I've embarked on the IVF journey for last 4 years. We finally succeeded with twins last year but only happiness only lasted for 8 weeks when the little hearts stopped. After which i was diagnosed with polycystic liver and kidney, though not serious but still needs to take care. My hb loves children and have requested me to quit my job and focus on IVF several times. But I'm really worried about what's going to happen with just 1 person's income if I were to quit my job. How can we survive on 1 person's pay while doing IVF and if succeeded, an extra mouth to feed?

But again, I'm 37 this yr..not much time left to do IVF. If I don't focus now, I might never conceived. Haiz...what should I do? My next IVF is due to start in Oct.

Hi ladies, need some advice and listening ear. I've embarked on the IVF journey for last 4 years. We finally succeeded with twins last year but only happiness only lasted for 8 weeks when the little hearts stopped. After which i was diagnosed with polycystic liver and kidney, though not serious but still needs to take care. My hb loves children and have requested me to quit my job and focus on IVF several times. But I'm really worried about what's going to happen with just 1 person's income if I were to quit my job. How can we survive on 1 person's pay while doing IVF and if succeeded, an extra mouth to feed?

But again, I'm 37 this yr..not much time left to do IVF. If I don't focus now, I might never conceived. Haiz...what should I do? My next IVF is due to start in Oct.

Hi @blurtingz, I have read that there is actually no real scientific evidence that less stress improves the chances of conception, contrary to popular opinion. That said, many friends have told me about how their friends were in stressful jobs (most common example is teaching) and couldn't get pregnant but conceived successfully thru IVF quite quickly after they quit. So maybe it depends on the level of stress in your job. I have also read about (and agree with) opinions that quitting a job is not necessarily beneficial, especially if you are the type to get easily worried or depressed. Sitting around at home with no major responsibilities (other than IVF) creates too much free time. With no other major distraction to take up your time and energy, you focus too much on the outcome of IVF and withdraw into a world where your problems become magnified, so you may get even more stressed, anxious and depressed. I think I was one of these kind, which is why job-related stress was not a significant contributing factor to my TTC efforts, contrary to what most people tell me. Since you have been doing IVF for 4 years, have you asked for your doctor's opinion whether quitting your job might help at all? Maybe if your company allows it, you can apply for no-pay leave and see if it helps with your IVF and see how you feel about your change in lifestyle.

Staying at home by yourself with nothing much to do is of course very different from staying at home to take care of children. One of my bosses is the sole breadwinner of his family, which consists of a stay-at-home wife and 3 children. He told me that it is possible for a family with young kids to get by on one person's income. Just make conscious decisions to save up, for e.g., go on fewer overseas holidays, buy less expensive clothing etc etc.

Last edited:
Hi @blurtingz, I have read that there is actually no real scientific evidence that less stress improves the chances of conception, contrary to popular opinion. That said, many friends have told me about how their friends were in stressful jobs (most common example is teaching) and couldn't get pregnant but conceived successfully thru IVF quite quickly after they quit. So maybe it depends on the level of stress in your job. I have also read about (and agree with) opinions that quitting a job is not necessarily beneficial, especially if you are the type to get easily worried or depressed. Sitting around at home with no major responsibilities (other than IVF) creates too much free time. With no other major distraction to take up your time and energy, you focus too much on the outcome of IVF and withdraw into a world where your problems become magnified, so you may get even more stressed, anxious and depressed. I think I was one of these kind, which is why job-related stress was not a significant contributing factor to my TTC efforts, contrary to what most people tell me. Since you have been doing IVF for 4 years, have you asked for your doctor's opinion whether quitting your job might help at all? Maybe if your company allows it, you can apply for no-pay leave and see if it helps with your IVF and see how you feel about your change in lifestyle.

Staying at home by yourself with nothing much to do is of course very different from staying at home to take care of children. One of my bosses is the sole breadwinner of his family, which consists of a stay-at-home wife and 3 children. He told me that it is possible for a family with young kids to get by on one person's income. Just make conscious decisions to save up, for e.g., go on fewer overseas holidays, buy less expensive clothing etc etc.

Thanks Archie! I think actually I already knew what to do in my heart, just need someone / more reasons to justify that my decision is right. I'm so po po mah mah you know..haiz..

My husband and I have been trying for a baby for almost 5 years. I took 6 months of no pay leave. I had 3 months of good rest and exercise, freed my mind of work and unnecessary stress, then embarked on ivf. We kept our expenses low and got by. I returned to work after bfp so that there's some time to rebuild our savings, and earn my full-pay maternity leave later.

Blurtingz, it can be done. Do what u think can work for u. :)

Sistas, following my bfp last week... today i started bleeding in the afternoon. Somehow i had a weird feeling abt my pregnancy this morning so i mk an appt with a gynae in the afternoon. B4 i left my office i felt a gush but i ignore, when i was at the clinic waiting, i went to the toilet n my panty was full of blood but its dark red in colour. When i saw the gynae i told him abt it, he scan for me n saw the sac but he was unable to tell me y im bleeding... he told me its a threaten miscarriage. Did a hcg blood test n had a jab. Thereafter, I called up kkivf n they ask me to go dw kk o&g. The kk dr there did a scan n tell me the sac looks normal but its too early so no fetal pole n no heartbeat yet. He told me its either i was having twins n miscarriage 1 or i might be having a singleton only n having threaten miscarriage... by that time i can see the bleeding has become bright red. Dr increase my duphaston n ask me to monitor. Can only bed rest n cry now... feeling so helpless.

Stories like this make me skip a heartbeat:(

Eeznyl, sorry this is all sounding frightening and uncertain. What's your hcg reading today?

Will be thinking of you. Hope this is all just a false alarm. Rest well.

Stories like this make me skip a heartbeat:(

Eeznyl, sorry this is all sounding frightening and uncertain. What's your hcg reading today?

Will be thinking of you. Hope this is all just a false alarm. Rest well.

Thx redvel. The clinic is slow... told me only know on wed. Im not having high hopes. .. mentally prepare for the worst.

Hi xiaomyang, what is the diff between D&C and lap surgery? I abit confuse on it. So now I'm waiting for my AF come n book for SIS to double check on it whether I hv polyp or not.
Hi appleangel,

I tried to google but I also dunno what is the difference between lap and d&c. But they definitely don't mean the same thing. I will see another gynae tomorrow....will update you if I find out from my visit tomorrow.

Eeznyl, bleeding stop Le?
Do put urself on bedrest, stop all movement

And yes, increase your Duphaston.
They didn't give you jab?

My gynae (pte) mentioned we can go up to 8 tab a day (mainly for ivf since we do need more progesterone as compared to those that conceived naturally)

Hi Appleangel,

I had the same situation 3 years ago, KKH said had endo/polyp, Dr Yvonne at Thomson said no but suggested me to go SGH for IVF. Dr Yu asked me to do a lap just to see see look look to make sure. It's the key hole surgery and she did remove a few mild endo. In the end I did BFP with a boy, so I guess sometime we just have to trust the doctor and don't care much, else very headache. :)

Eeznyl. ..
Bed rest is ur no.1 option now... don't move around. ..try to stay happy and don't think so much. ...I know how u feel ..I had this before and was crying a lot too ... but try to relax urself cos if u too worried and stress.. beanie will feel it....

Will keep you in my prayers.... eat well drink more water. .rest well..
Take care. ..

Eeznyl, main thing is focus on the fact the scan doesnt lie. Baby is still there, growi b at normal pace.

As Miracle#1 said, rest and rest and rest. And stay positive - little one is still fighting and you need to fight too!

Sistas, following my bfp last week... today i started bleeding in the afternoon. Somehow i had a weird feeling abt my pregnancy this morning so i mk an appt with a gynae in the afternoon. B4 i left my office i felt a gush but i ignore, when i was at the clinic waiting, i went to the toilet n my panty was full of blood but its dark red in colour. When i saw the gynae i told him abt it, he scan for me n saw the sac but he was unable to tell me y im bleeding... he told me its a threaten miscarriage. Did a hcg blood test n had a jab. Thereafter, I called up kkivf n they ask me to go dw kk o&g. The kk dr there did a scan n tell me the sac looks normal but its too early so no fetal pole n no heartbeat yet. He told me its either i was having twins n miscarriage 1 or i might be having a singleton only n having threaten miscarriage... by that time i can see the bleeding has become bright red. Dr increase my duphaston n ask me to monitor. Can only bed rest n cry now... feeling so helpless.
You should go TMC or insist your private gynae to give you Proluton jab to support the pregnancy. Don't take any chance. That's what I did. I spotted and bled after BFP. KKH usually doesn't give.

Thanks sistas! Im feeling better now... watch some comedy to divert my attention. im not sure if bleeding has stop as i dare not get up. The gynae i visited b4 i go kkh did give me a proluton jab. I have phobia of gg to toilet now, i dun think i can tk it if i see blood flowing out again

Back