RECOMMEDATION ON BREAST PUMPS

huiqi16

Any mummies care to share which brand breast pumps u are using???

Appreciate if you could provide me details on the pros and cons of the breast pumps u r using so that I can compare.

Thanks!!

Ameda Dual electric is good. Isetan having Offer, $350 U.P $420. Can control the strength of the vacum and the no. of cycles. But really depends how how long you intend to breast feed as Dual pumps are more expensive but save a lot of time. If you only intend to breastfeed for a short period, get a single side. Medela and Avent have good reviews. You can pop by Taka baby fair also. They have demos there.

hmmm.. i went down to taka baby fair.. but only see medela pump.. anyone know where i can find ameda pump? cause i would like to go down and see the actual set..

i actually intend to get the medela pis advance set.. but seems like the machine operates is not as quiet as ameda.. pls correct me if im wrong.. i'm due on aug.. so im doing some surveys on which is best for me..

i would most likely use the machine everyday.. please advice.

thanks a million in advance..

Demo is free of charge. U can try out the pressure of the various. The personnel is very friendly and give good tips.

Hi All Mums

I have a Medela PIS Advanced (Backpack) to sell off. In good working condition. Willing to let go at half price. Bought at $599. Will bundle with 5 boxes of Gerber milk storage bags. Self collection at Telok Blangah Crescent if interested.
Also have a Avent Isis Manual Breast Pump to sell off at half price.
Also have Medela Electric Single Pump to sell off at half price.

http://www.amazon.com/Medela-Style-Advanced-Breast-Backpack/dp/B0011E75RK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1241260430&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Avent-ISIS-Manual-Breast/dp/B001G2IAT4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1241261377&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Medela-Single-Battery-Electric-Breastpump/dp/B000056HMV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1241261551&sr=1-1

i'm using the Avent isis iq uno, the electronic pump. I'm happy with it, it allows you to control the rhythm, speed and strength of the pump and has memory setting. Can simulate baby's suckling. Let down is quite fast.

i am using ameda as baby refuse to latch on.
have been pumping for 4 mths now. it is a very good and quiet pump. my baby is a light sleeper but i still can pump beside him. have tried medela electric pump, it is a single pump and it is quite noisy.

i'm using ameda dual electric pump for 2 months plus. love it, it's efficient for me and gentle on my nipples/aerola. was using the medala single electric before in my first month and that hurts badly on my nipples/aerola area. also, medala single electric is very nosiy compared to ameda. ameda is also better in that i can control how hard i want the vacuum to be and how fast the cycle. very personalised
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
Ameda is gd. My massage lady frm traditional holistic recommend me to get its as before I did not buy any pump yet as worry no supply. Got very bad engorggement after few days delivery and saw many march mums use her service. She told me I got gd supply and advise me to get ameda.

Hi,
Just happen to see this thread.

I am also using Ameda Lactaline Personal. Its a dual electic pump. Have been using the pump for about 4 mths nw. It has serve me well so far. You can get the pump from Robinson ($388), Isetan ($?)and other retailer like Mumsfairy.

I got mine from Mumsfairy at $399 (comes with the super shielder and pumping pal). They have a booth the the Singapore motherhood fair (4 jun to 7 Jun 09).

I saw another booth also selling the pump when I am at the fair yesterday. You can check it out
happy.gif

meredith

i also went to the fair but i didnt see ameda on sale. only saw philips booth.

i am wondering if the breastpump r really that useful, coz i saw a lot of mommies selling their breast pumps here.

may i know how often do u all utilise breast pumps? is $300+ spent worthwhile?

which month of ur pregnancy did u buy breast pump?

I saw 2 booth selling Ameda pumps, one is mumsfairy, cant remember the name of the other one.

I have got 2 pumps, avent manual and ameda dual electric. Personally, i like both but back then, i m pumping every 3 hrly so abit tiring to use the manual one.

Depending how long u intend to breastfeed ur baby, it would be a worth while investment if you intend to breastfeed for long though I must admit that breastfeeding is tiring esp after we return to workforce.

Cant remember when I bought the pumps, shld be in my third trimester but for the electric pump, i only have it delivered to me ard 36 week so that the warranty starts from there.

I'm using Ameda too. It's really affordable comparing to other brand. Using Dual Pump is a lot less tiring.

hi meredith n joanna

i think i will try to breastfeed as long as i can. if so, do i need the pumps, since i will b on total breastfeeding? ( i am thinkg of being a SAHM)

is ameda only has one type of electric dual pumps? is it the one called ameda lactaline dual?

where can i get the cheapest of this model? department selling this?

I have medela PIS advanced, highly recommended if you intend to have more than 1 kid, and you intend to breastfeed for a long time.

I express exclusively for my twins for 8 mths, circulated the pump among some frens, and I'm now using it for my 3rd child. The pump still works great.

I suppose u mean you are latching exclusively? If you are, you might not need a electric pump. You can consider getting a manual pump which is less costly. Just my two cents worth.

I think Ameda got several models in US but have only seen Ameda Lactaline Dual sold here. Btw, its known as Ameda Purely Yours in US.

Yup, its retailing at Robinson and Isetan (not sure abt the rest). Hope its helps!

Hi I have Medela Mini Electic plus (with City style breast pump bag) for sale!

This compact breastpump provides the convenience of double pumping (comes with 2 bottles).
* Single or double pumping
* Full range adjustable vacuum
* Gentle and efficient expression
* Electric or battery use

Package comes with a stylish and attractive City Style Breast Pump Bag (with cooler bag and 4 bottles) to transport Medela breastpump and expressed breastmilk.

* To cool, store and transport breastmilk
* Designed for active and working mothers

Bought in Mar 09.With warranty. Very lightly use and in mint condition:9.5/10. Selling at S$280. Kept in really good condition as I'm a stickler for cleanliness and hygiene. Will give a Free boxes of breast pad.Painless n effective. Great buy. On medication so i cant breastfeed.

For fast response, please sms me at 97480445 as I seldom have time to access internet.
2619416.jpg
2619417.jpg

Anyone can advice me which pump to buy? In fact, I am a bit surprise when I know the price of the pumps. Moreover, heard from my friends that maybe will stop after 3 to 6 mth so I am not planning to get the X one. Just saw a pump from unimom. Anyone use it b4?

Hi Mummies there, my wife is letting go her Medela Freestyle. Normal price is almost $900 to $1000. She is letting go at $700. Also, she is giving away the Super Shield from Mum Fairies.

We bought it this year from First Few Years. I think warranty is still valid.

The pump is still brand new with the boxes and everything intact.

If interested, please PM me or sms me at 96525293.

This pump is suitable for all mummies who travel a lot and wants to have a very mobile pump.

Hi ,

My friend is selling her Medela Pump in style advanced. She had only used it for 1 month as she was too tired taking care of her twins (born in end May 09). Are you interested? She bought at $700+ but is willing to let go at $500. Not sure if negotiable though, but I can ask her. If you are interested, please let me know, ok? Thanks.

Hi jan jan, i bought my ameda lactaline dual at Cheongchoon store @ chinatown for $350, with 1 yr warranty. You may want to take a look there
happy.gif

Hi

I am selling my medela PIS advanced comes with traveller's backpack and manual pump that are brand new. Willing to let go at attractive price. Will throw in hands free pumping from pumping pal and other accessories. Int pl call 97962555.

Hi mummies and mummies-to-be,

I am now selling my 2 Philips Avent ISIS Manual Breast Pumps (used) for only $100 with the following freebies thrown in:-

1. 2 Breast Pumps (used)
2. (Brand-New) Mustela no-rinse cleasing fluid and vitamin barrier cream
3. (Brand-New) Avent Pacifiers for 0-3 mths
4. (Brand-New) Avent Pacifiers for >6 mths
5. (Brand-New) Newborn Teats (worth $6.00)
6. Anakku Baby toiletries (100ml baby lotion, 100ml baby bath, 100ml no tears shampoo, 100g baby talc all comes in storage box)

For more info and pics, visit: http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220474858409&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling

Pls PM me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Hi,

Im selling my breat pump at $110.

Brand : Medela Mini Electric Breast pump
Warrenty : til March 2010.
Condition: Perfect condition

Interested, sms me at 90011410 =)

Thanks^_^

For those on budget, Avent Manual breast pump is the best!

I have a Brand New In Box (with seal) Avent Manual BPA free Breast pump with cooler bag, selling for $120. Robinson is selling Non-BPA free pump for $162.

The set consists of the following:
BPA free ISIS Manual Breast Pump: 1 pcs.
BPA free Breast milk container (125 ml/ 4 oz): 2 pcs.
Microfiber insulated travel bag: 1 pcs.
Extra soft, Newborn Flow Teat: 1 pcs.
Cool pack: 2 pcs.
Bottle stand/funnel cover: 1 pcs.
Spare parts: 1 pcs.

Please pm me if interested.

2919337.jpg
2919338.jpg

Hihi,

would like to check with mummies here on whether have ur experience any soreness or pain in d breasts after pumping?

wondering what is d cause of it..can anyone share with me? Im using medela electric pump and pump every 3 hours.

Kalipok - since i've switched my baby to bottle only (because it was a nightmare getting her to accept the bottle) I have to pump 6/5 times a day and I noticed it hurt sometimes after, not the nipples right? the actual boob? I use a lil baby oil and massage at night and just massage a lil after every session, it helped me.

Hihi Marie,

glad to know tat im not the only one going tru this. yes, the boob hurts,not the nipples. I do not know isit coz i pump too much or too hard, so wanna chk with mummies here. yah, im also like u, pump about 5 to 6 times a day. sometimes it hurts, so i reduce. wondering is the pain normal a not..

how much do u normally pump each time? u use johnson & johnson baby oil? maybe i'll start to try also.
happy.gif
thanks so much for sharing. realli felt so relieved.

Sharing is caring
happy.gif

Depending, if I get enough sleep I can manage 200ml (together) and a little more but that's usually in the morning or if I've had a nap. If not, I get 150ml and sometimes lower if I'm super tired. She drinks about 150ml on average 6 to 7 times a day so started to give her 1 or 2 bottles of formula as well.

I use the pigeon baby oil cos that's what I use on her as well but i think anything will do cos you have to wipe off before you pump anyways. Mine got so painful I started feeling feverish while pumping but since massaging it hasn't hurt much especially if I don't wait so long between pumping sessions.

Hi, I have a medela freestyle to let go. I have never used it before, but open it and sterelize before, i just delivered on 29 mar 2010. Unfortunately i dun not have any milk flow. Anyone who interested, pls sms me at 92393436. Willing to let go at price SGD450

Hi does anyone knows whether I can still exchange for a new set of avent electric breast pump at their center, if my old set is faulty ? I lost my receipt but I bought my set at taka in 2013 aug. It's still within the 2 years warranty period.

Back