IVF/ICSI Support Group

I survived my first gonal f injection! It was pretty painless. Feel much better now. Think I can even do it myself :)

@redvel I have tried Dr Zou before. She definitely knows her stuff but she is so busy she doesn't have time to talk much and it feels quite impersonal. The wait can be a couple of hours too.

Peaches is your hubby feeling sad he can't jab for you?

even off peak Dr Zou is rushy? If i do go it will only be weekday morn/afternoon.

Hahaha... Hubs surprisingly is not disappointed about not having to jab me. It's an evening jab going and he works so late he can't make it home in time to do it anyway.

I've only gone to Dr Zou during off peak hours once and I think it is better. I went around 5pm and there were like 2 pple infront only. I just don't find her that friendly though. I now go to Dr Qiu who helps at Dr Zou's clinic but has her own clinic in amk too. She's really friendly and no queue. To be honest I don't know how effective all this acupuncture is. I haven't really seen any results in myself. I'll still carry on for now though cos I think there is no harm and everyone seems to swear by it.

Redvel...I went to dr zou before. ..Ermmm I don't feel relax there cos although they accept appt but it's rubber time....
Somehow I give up after 3rd visit. .
She knows Lots of stuff abt ivf ...
So sure u will be in good hands....

I saw dr zou for my bfp cycle in 2011. But i stopped seeing her in 2013 as i find her more busy now and she always seems rushed or focused on other things. Perhaps she is so popular now.

She is better during off peaks - more patient, more friendly and even the acu poking is more gentle. During peak hours and Weekends, she is always rushing ans recently started using another physician to help do the acu.

She takes bookings but the last few time i went it wad a reach there and take a numbrr and wait despjte my booking. Which i wasnt happy with.

She is cheap tho. Her prices increases slightly over the years but definitely cheaper than the rest.

Oh and one qn. Dr Zou takes booking or walk in?
I went to Dr TSB before I started seeing Dr Zou. I gave up after my second appointment witg Dr TSB. Reasons being queue was super long (always only get to see her like 3-4 hours past my appointment time), needs to brew your own medicine concoction which I personally think it's very time consuming and she doesn't seem very friendly to me in my opinion.

Went to Dr Zou for a year before I started my IVF. I personally believe acupuncture helps to condition the womb to get pregnant. Her medicine is powdered type. Easy to consume. Just pour hot water, stir and drink. In my opinion, she is friendlier than Dr TSB. She is also more empathetic towards our case. She gives us a lot of advices and always encourages us. When I'm in doubt, I'll text her and she is always willing to advise. When I was hospitalised at the initial phase of pregnancy, she took the initiative to text me and ask me how I was.

I BFP on my first fresh and I am very grateful to her. :)

There will always be a pretty and not so pretty sides of the story of each medical professional. As we all have shared before, it's about yuan fen with one.

I'm considering dr Zou because few factors suit my criteria. Anyway as with any medical visit, if one is not comfortable, can always switch la.

Thanks for all your inputs!

Hi sisters, just sharing my experience with TSB. For those of you who want to minimise waiting time at her Chinatown clinic on Saturdays, best is to book an appointment as early in the day as possible, say 12 or 12.30pm, or during lunch time. The clinic is quietest at those times. In the late afternoon, even with an appointment, you may wait 2 hours past your appointment time to see her. Coz the later into the day it is, the higher the number of patients accumulate from earlier in the day, the more delayed she is in seeing patients. When I go at around 12-1pm, I usually wait less than an hour, sometimes less than 30 min. Good luck!

Last edited:
@redvel ya, i agree. Its is the yuan fen and your own comfort level. Ultimately your body will know if the TCM did help you a not. so, go for it!

@Archie7.. TSB's appointment starts from 1pm and she usually arrives around 1-1:30pm.. So if you're the first few patients, the shorter the waiting time.. And for my case, I only go in the evenings.. So waiting time can be madness especially if there're many new cases in the day.. Cos new cases takes the longest time..

@Archie7.. TSB's appointment starts from 1pm and she usually arrives around 1-1:30pm.. So if you're the first few patients, the shorter the waiting time.. And for my case, I only go in the evenings.. So waiting time can be madness especially if there're many new cases in the day.. Cos new cases takes the longest time..

@rachelt, do you go to TSB's Chinatown clinic and on Saturdays? I go on Saturdays and have seen that she accepts appointments starting around 12pm. Maybe she starts earlier on Saturdays (~12pm), but later on weekdays, hence the slight discrepancy between your and my experiences. Her earliest Saturday slots get taken up the fastest as I think people have caught on to the fact that the earlier you go, the less you wait, haha.

@rachelt, do you go to TSB's Chinatown clinic and on Saturdays? I go on Saturdays and have seen that she accepts appointments starting around 12pm. Maybe she starts earlier on Saturdays (~12pm), but later on weekdays, hence the slight discrepancy between your and my experiences. Her earliest Saturday slots get taken up the fastest as I think people have caught on to the fact that the earlier you go, the less you wait, haha.
Hi @Archie7.. Oh you meant Sat.. Cos ur previous post didnt indicate day.. Ya.. Sats appt starts from 12noon and ends around 6pm if I'm not wrong..

Hi @Archie7.. Oh you meant Sat.. Cos ur previous post didnt indicate day.. Ya.. Sats appt starts from 12noon and ends around 6pm if I'm not wrong..

Yup yup, I've been to her Saturday appointments for too long... the only time I went to her on a weekday was my 1st appointment but she put me on Sat for subsequent appointments... almost forgot that she sees patients on weekdays too. :p Have changed my earlier post to make it clearer.

Yup yup, I've been to her Saturday appointments for too long... the only time I went to her on a weekday was my 1st appointment but she put me on Sat for subsequent appointments... almost forgot that she sees patients on weekdays too. :p Have changed my earlier post to make it clearer.
So good hor.. I cant do Sat cos DH has his weekly cycling sessions in the morn and by the time he gets home.. It's almost time for lunch and church.. So no choice.. We only go weekdays.. :(

Pigletlyn, are you with an ivf center or private gynae doing ivf ?

Unless you are taking some special meds, very seldom the gynae would need you clear a whole month of menses cycle before starting.

Or if your gynae very pro no-TCM type?

Mine is private gynae doing ivf for me. He will be using the sincere ivf centre for the ivf procedure. My gynae ok with tcm. He mentioned about some bubble thing then say better to clear off the chinese med.

I was shocked when he said that... I was disappointed cause cannot do ivf this month. Was so excited my AF came so i can start but haiz.... Super low morale now...

Pigletlyn, Its the first time im hearing this too. I oso check with dr tan hh b4 n he is fine. I can imagine ur disappointment. Do u have to stop tcm totally for a mth b4 u can start ivf?

pigletlyn, everyone's condition is different and I believe your doc knows best what's suited for ya. As smuch as we all haven't heard before that our docs stop us from ivf proceeding because of TCM, he knows you best, medically. So I hope you'll feel better soon. It's just one more month :)

So you would have to stop tcm completely for now I guess? And can you still see TCM after the transfer? Better to clarify with your doc.

Fion, if you're reading this, congrats. Be good and rest more. See ya here couple of months later.

He also mentioned to freeze the eggs after ER then do ET 3 months later. He says based on his experience many ladies preg after freezing it then transfer

Pigletyn, we r seeing same doc. I had my er few weeks back n will only do et after 2 more af. Initially Im quite disappointed but after seeing this time ivf bears better result than previous, I will jusy trust him on the decision

Pigletlyn,

If he doesn't want to proceed due to unknown bubbles makes sense. V important to ensure everything is all-clear before proceeding otherwise it may br a waste of money. Re waiting 3 months & doing a thaw transfer instead, it is getting more popular.

Every doctor has his own preferrwd protocol and as long as his explanations make sense, we need to trust him.

Waiting one more month is nothing if it is the miracle you are waiting for :)

He also mentioned to freeze the eggs after ER then do ET 3 months later. He says based on his experience many ladies preg after freezing it then transfer

Hi Pigletlyn, its maybe good to wait. How i wished my gynae has advise to wait a couple of months after ER then do ET.

Even thou I have BFP but now with too many issues . i felt that in my case my gynae should have monitored me closely with my medical history before ET.

I have visted 4 gynae but none of them have seen such a complex pregnancy like mine. Gynae has mentioned the best solution for me now is to wait for a natural miscarriage unless a miracle happens.

Ellesie, how do u find Dr Fong? I also trust him but just feel disappointed cannot do it this month cause i was very well prepared and excited for it

Ron, yes.. One more month is nothing and i shall just wait. But the ET will only be done in jan. At least i can have a good break and rest while waiting for ET

Pigletyn, we r seeing same doc. I had my er few weeks back n will only do et after 2 more af. Initially Im quite disappointed but after seeing this time ivf bears better result than previous, I will jusy trust him on the decision
The doctors at sincere ivf center prefer to do fet. I'm with them too and I will freeze all embryos and do an fet.

I never listen to what he says cause i was emo already. Only heard him say bubble inside so better to wait next cycle.
Are the bubbles liquid cysts? I think it would be good to clarify with ur doc. I used to have indications of bubbles too. Turned out that I have PCOS. I told my TCM doc, and it helped the TCM doc to better diagnose my condition and prescribe medicine which in turned helped me.

Alamak... now I feel terrible. Maybe it is a new thing or simply my assumption. I was told by the embryologist. So it seemed like a usual thing over there.

Pigletyn, honestly I doubted him initially. He suggested iui when I saw him. Quite reluctant to do ivf but I insist. N he asked me to do 2 mths of saizen jab before starting n my hubby to quit smoking. After 2 mths, he still quite reluctant to do ivf.his concern is my hubby din quit smoking, worry his sperm quality. Im quite mad actually thinking he just want to prolong for his financial benefit. Haha. I always assume private docs money minded. He asked me whether I confirmed want to proceed with ivf. I say yes, cos I dun want to wait any longer. He started with high dosage which double my previous ivf dosage. I still doubt him at this stage n even bargain with him on e dosage. Haha. My end result I hv 27 eggs, 24 fertilized, 16 d5 embbies and 2 d6 embbies. All frozen n wait for 3 cycles of af before doing fet. Im very satisfied with e result. For e first time I can hv so many frosties. Hope it works well for u too

Alamak... now I feel terrible. Maybe it is a new thing or simply my assumption. I was told by the embryologist. So it seemed like a usual thing over there.
Dr liaw e embrylogist also told me tt . But prof paper put et 3 days later. Think e nurse just follow wat is instructed on paper n give me a call. I also heard their fet has a better success rate. All e best!

Pigletyn, honestly I doubted him initially. He suggested iui when I saw him. Quite reluctant to do ivf but I insist. N he asked me to do 2 mths of saizen jab before starting n my hubby to quit smoking. After 2 mths, he still quite reluctant to do ivf.his concern is my hubby din quit smoking, worry his sperm quality. Im quite mad actually thinking he just want to prolong for his financial benefit. Haha. I always assume private docs money minded. He asked me whether I confirmed want to proceed with ivf. I say yes, cos I dun want to wait any longer. He started with high dosage which double my previous ivf dosage. I still doubt him at this stage n even bargain with him on e dosage. Haha. My end result I hv 27 eggs, 24 fertilized, 16 d5 embbies and 2 d6 embbies. All frozen n wait for 3 cycles of af before doing fet. Im very satisfied with e result. For e first time I can hv so many frosties. Hope it works well for u too
Hi ellesie,This is very good results! U should have high chance of success

Connie, thanks. Not sure about the chance of success, but I know if next fet din work out, I no need to do fresh n im very satisfied liao. Haha

My friend succeed in sincere with blastocyst. U will be good,have faith since it can survive day5 n 6. Ya, and skip e horrible fresh cycle as in need to repeat. Have a good weekend! :)

Hi Pigletlyn, its maybe good to wait. How i wished my gynae has advise to wait a couple of months after ER then do ET.

Even thou I have BFP but now with too many issues . i felt that in my case my gynae should have monitored me closely with my medical history before ET.

I have visted 4 gynae but none of them have seen such a complex pregnancy like mine. Gynae has mentioned the best solution for me now is to wait for a natural miscarriage unless a miracle happens.
What happen? Why wait for natural miscarriage? :(

Tot u on bedrest now... And taking med for DVT...

Back