Support group - Miscarriages

Hi, just to check if any lost their twins due to TTTS?
My doc feels very bleak with my situation because I now only 15w and already showing signs of imbalance amniotic fluid.
He feels maybe within the next 3 weeks, one of the twins will not survive due to organ failure and the other will also be negatively affected.
Can I check (pardon my ignorance), how will the dead foetus be removed? Will the procedure be similar to abortion and will it be more complicated because I am having twins?

Please help if you can.

Thanks.
pm u.

Hihi hopeful mum told me bout your incident.

One of my twin passed on between week 19-20... Doubt they will remove the dead fetus as it will affect the living one. Mostly they Wil advise u to carry to full term?
I assume your is identical as it TTTS, and I think mostly the living one will be affected as they are sharing the same sac or same placenta. My understanding is the growth and brain ( that what my dr told me ) but pls confirm again what are the risk on the living one and the best option.

Hi Siling,

Yes, my situation is different cos same placenta.
And with 1 death, the other will highly likely die too.

When I asked how the fetus will be removed, I am actually asking how the doc remove the dead fetus (or in my case both dead twins) in miscarriages from the mummy's body. As in, is it the same as termination where they will insert some medicine to induce the mum?

Hi Siling,

Yes, my situation is different cos same placenta.
And with 1 death, the other will highly likely die too.

When I asked how the fetus will be removed, I am actually asking how the doc remove the dead fetus (or in my case both dead twins) in miscarriages from the mummy's body. As in, is it the same as termination where they will insert some medicine to induce the mum?

Hihi, there are cases one twin survive- they laser off the dead twin.
u may want to check it out.
For mid term, u have to induce and deliver the babies..

Hi Siling, how r u now?

Hi starlight, I am coping well I guess. Been eating more lately as I don't want my surviving twins to get too skinny haha.. Went for scanning, it confirmed my girl stopped at 20 weeks. Now hoping to bring my boy to full term...

Hi starlight, I am coping well I guess. Been eating more lately as I don't want my surviving twins to get too skinny haha.. Went for scanning, it confirmed my girl stopped at 20 weeks. Now hoping to bring my boy to full term...
Hi Siling,

加油! Stay positive, you'll hold yr boy in months to come!

actually best is ask tcm if u are suitable to take. coz pao shen also "bu qi" which is impt during pregnancy. and it depends if you are cooking with other herbs etc. My sil, body is heaty, so she eat a bit of durians during preg she nose bleed already.

During my mini confinement, i ate some durians too. Haha. Just recently i realized the bu is working in my body. I dont feel cold at this cafe that i used to frequent. I hv to bring extra jacket everytime. this mc also given me a chance to repair my weak body.

During my mini confinement, i ate some durians too. Haha. Just recently i realized the bu is working in my body. I dont feel cold at this cafe that i used to frequent. I hv to bring extra jacket everytime. this mc also given me a chance to repair my weak body.
I think more or less it does help. I don't feel that coldness in my feet now, when I used to have previously.

Now i go sleep I will wear socks too...i still do drink red dates tea regularly but then its a very diluted version. Just immersed in boiling water for 30mins n drink it.

Hey ladies, my best friend is about to give birth any time soon and I am the god-ma for this child of hers. I feel really happy for my best friend and really looking forward to see her little one. This arrangement was made before I knew I was pregnant and then shortly after I miscarriage.

However, I feel a little guilty because there was this little thought in my mind - was it my fault to loss my precious one in April because I acknowledge a god-child? Did my precious one thinks that I won't love him/her because I am someone's else god-ma? I know this is crazy..... and superstitious.... Don't really know why I have these thoughts.... Weird....

Hey ladies, my best friend is about to give birth any time soon and I am the god-ma for this child of hers. I feel really happy for my best friend and really looking forward to see her little one. This arrangement was made before I knew I was pregnant and then shortly after I miscarriage.

However, I feel a little guilty because there was this little thought in my mind - was it my fault to loss my precious one in April because I acknowledge a god-child? Did my precious one thinks that I won't love him/her because I am someone's else god-ma? I know this is crazy..... and superstitious.... Don't really know why I have these thoughts.... Weird....

I think its normal for us our thoughts to wander or try to link things together when it happened. Trying to think back what have we done wrong that leads to the mc. Dun think too much, dear. Since it had happened and nothing we can do to turn back time, dun blame yourself for it. Just think of the bright side, elderly always say getting a god-child may get preggy soon. :)

I think its normal for us our thoughts to wander or try to link things together when it happened. Trying to think back what have we done wrong that leads to the mc. Dun think too much, dear. Since it had happened and nothing we can do to turn back time, dun blame yourself for it. Just think of the bright side, elderly always say getting a god-child may get preggy soon. :)

Thanks Princess.... Yah I feel silly to think that way too... but at the same time, I am very excited for my friend as well. Maybe just like wat you say, getting a god-child and maybe it will be my turn soon. I must think on the positive side and not to allow myself to wonder into silly negative things. :p

@Chew Sok Koon... I more silly than you.. Was thinking my MC is it becos I walk pass the funeral.. Some more have to walk pass the coffin area to get to the other side....

Last edited:
@Chew Sok Koon... I more silly than you.. Was thinking my MC is it becos I walk pass the funeral.. Some more have to walk pass the coffin area to get to the other side....

Hi pupnui, I guess sometimes we just can't help it. You dun think so much. I have decided for now. I will give my love to my god-child and I am sure when I have my own, I will shower even more love to my own bb.

Some ladies take 4-6 weeks after dnc for af to come. If more than 6 weeks, may need to feedback to gynae abt ur concerns

I only take 3 days tcm confinement herb after d&c n I fall sick wif fever n cough... so stop n will resume after recover... will start again next week...
My UT hv recover n hv white sticky discharge now... tml will be my 3rd weeks after d&c...so think n hopefully my af will come ard 2 weeks time in sep...

Hi Chew, how are you? have you seen the rheumatologist?

Hi sunflower307, I am seeing Rheumatologist this Sat at Mt E. I previously did two blood tests and both results shows high ANA level (>640). Therefore my gynea recommended that I go see Rheumatologist. Hope thing won't get too complicated for me.

jia you! Ur Rheumatologist issit doc Sheila? Mt E novena?
I am also seeing the rheumatologist coz my protein s level drop again, now jab daily till 26 weeks :p

Not Dr Sheila. My gynea recommended Dr Koh Wei Howe from Mt E. Not sure what to expect this Sat as it is my first appointment.

Do they take blood samples on first appointment? How long will the report take before I know the results?

eh.. all my blood test are ordered from my gynae clinic. But i only monitor my protein S.
Protein S results is super long.. its a 2 weeks wait.

Hello everyone,

I went to this forum and typed "Miscarriages" in the search box. My husband is working OT and is one of those nights feeling reflective. It has been one and close to half years since I have visited any gynae for a follow up. Been telling myself to chill for the rest of 2014. I have been pondering for a while what I should do with my condition. I read through your responses and they really mirrored my thoughts when i was going through my losses. In Feb 2014, I decided to start a blog because i know that we are the minority group. 20 percent versus 80 percent. It is also quite a taboo topic in Singapore. Recently, other than posting my usual posts, I had this idea ... If you wish to write a page about your story, tips that have worked for you, frustration that you have gone through BUT you DO NOT wish to maintain a blog, you can email me your story and I will post your story on my blog under some new category which I have not thought of a name. I know that overseas has this type of blogs but locally, it is hard to find so it is not easy to relate to. Overseas blogs, even if I read successful stories, the gynae is in US, also no use for us.

http://babymakingfromhope.blogspot.sg/2014/02/about-me.html

[email protected]

Wah! So long, does that mean during this period cannot try and get pregnant?

eh, I actually din care haha. :p I was pregnant by the time I should be taking my blood again for a baseline review.. haha coz I am only doing protein-s.

But I think for you. NK cells I am not very sure, if you wanna be caution, just abstain from it and wait till u see the report?

eh, I actually din care haha. :p I was pregnant by the time I should be taking my blood again for a baseline review.. haha coz I am only doing protein-s.

But I think for you. NK cells I am not very sure, if you wanna be caution, just abstain from it and wait till u see the report?

Thanks for sharing.... I feel like just go ahead and try leh... hahaha! But scared scared wor.... my gynea also have not give me the go ahead too..... hahaha!

Wah! So long, does that mean during this period cannot try and get pregnant?
Actually for me I scare n guai guai waiting for all result out even beforehand my report shown only trace record ANA.

For NK cells u will need to take ivig drip n take prednisone at the same time once tested positive.

Jiayou :)

Thanks for sharing.... I feel like just go ahead and try leh... hahaha! But scared scared wor.... my gynea also have not give me the go ahead too..... hahaha!
Hi,
It's advisable to wait till u see your doctor. I have level>320, have to take baby aspirin and vit D ard 2 months before trying and to see Dr Sheila once pregg for further treatment/ medication.

Yr level is very high.

For two month? So long ah? Then must constantly go back for blood test as well? When pregnant must go back and see both gynea and rhemetologist again? Another long wait for me then....

For two month? So long ah? Then must constantly go back for blood test as well? When pregnant must go back and see both gynea and rhemetologist again? Another long wait for me then....

Yes, this is wat Dr Sheila has planned for me. There'll be some medication that needs to take once preggy. I didn't ask further, but followup wuth both DRs shd be necessary. Blood test is unavoidable during preggy, i guess we'll need closer monitoring than the rest.

Don't scare n think so much 1st. Later go c rheumatologiest c what is his plan for u n what medi need to take. Jiayou :)

Thanks ladies. Think maybe because go see docs until I super scared! Always have new issues. Therefore have phobia going docs nowadays. And hubby is always not with me and I always feel lonely. I think I need more courage. Easily scared.

Thanks ladies. Think maybe because go see docs until I super scared! Always have new issues. Therefore have phobia going docs nowadays. And hubby is always not with me and I always feel lonely. I think I need more courage. Easily scared.
I also not in peace. My oscar result shown intermediate risk. NT scan is perfectly normal but one of the blood test result shown high risk on hormone. Gynae said to him it is perfectly fine but it is his responsibility to let me know the result on hormone levels. But if I wan can go for harmony test. So scare lor event gynae says nth to worry abt.

Hi,
I always go alone too. Take it easy!

I also not in peace. My oscar result shown intermediate risk. NT scan is perfectly normal but one of the blood test result shown high risk on hormone. Gynae said to him it is perfectly fine but it is his responsibility to let me know the result on hormone levels. But if I wan can go for harmony test. So scare lor event gynae says nth to worry abt.

Hi, this is the worrying stage for all mummy. Since yr gynae has no concerns, it shd be ok. But i will go for further test to put my mind at ease. Though the wait can be a torture, try to distract yrself during this period. You have come so far, stay positive!

Hi,
I always go alone too. Take it easy!
Hi chew,

Same here I always go alone like samnnana. Dr shelia likes to ask where is ur hubby. That's when I feel uneasy lol. I'm like his at work. Seeing drs are not cheap someone got to work yah? Lol

Don't worry we are strong ladies :) think of it this way when u get preggie next time he will have more leave to go with u. But if u think u need support to see reports together discuss and ask him to go with u. His you babe!

Even for now I'm 27weeks he only comes with me for scans. No scan I will not ask him. Cox the wait plus just see dr I think waste of time. If it's Pte then we will see on sat then he will be off. Now see govt a bit tough.

Hi, this is the worrying stage for all mummy. Since yr gynae has no concerns, it shd be ok. But i will go for further test to put my mind at ease. Though the wait can be a torture, try to distract yrself during this period. You have come so far, stay positive!
I was thinking shld go for harmony test but was thinking is both test run the same blood test. Dh said I must happy den beanie will happy cos beanie can feel my emotion. Just can try not to think but it always came to my mind.

My oscar result was low risk But borderline so in the end to make our mind at ease, we choose to do harmony test which costs ard 1.4k w gst. The waiting period is 2wks, we try not to tik abt it during the period. Until Dr review, show us the result slip was low risk ( numbers was much better than oscar ) & gender confirmation.
It was till almost wk18-19 then we let frds know I m pregnant. Me like hopefulmum, a week behind her. Awaiting for our rainbow bb..

My oscar result was low risk But borderline so in the end to make our mind at ease, we choose to do harmony test which costs ard 1.4k w gst. The waiting period is 2wks, we try not to tik abt it during the period. Until Dr review, show us the result slip was low risk ( numbers was much better than oscar ) & gender confirmation.
It was till almost wk18-19 then we let frds know I m pregnant. Me like hopefulmum, a week behind her. Awaiting for our rainbow bb..
Did u know oscar n harmony is that test the same thing? Or both blood test is diff?

Back