(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Good morning mummies, i may have gone through a false positive test
Somehow tested again, it shows not pregnant. Just 4 days difference from pregnant to this. Will have to visit gynae just to b sure but my hopes are not high. Nevertheless i wish healthy pregnancies for all mummies!

Somehow tested again, it shows not pregnant. Just 4 days difference from pregnant to this. Will have to visit gynae just to b sure but my hopes are not high. Nevertheless i wish healthy pregnancies for all mummies!

Fairie, y not do a blood test at gp. Most reliable. Cost abt $40. I hope ur 2nd test is wrong! Update us ok!

if your period is late, u should still go see the gynae for blood test and scan....all the best!

1 small spot of yellowish-brown on my liner. :( back at work cos i thought it had stopped since yesterday morning. will walk really slowly. pray everything will be ok!

hugs!! i think maybe you got a false negative today...i also agree that should go do a blood test

which gynaes are u all seeing?
currently Dr ML Yeap at TMC because her timing more flexible but still thinking whether should go back KK cos i got more staff benefits there. i had booked an appt in later part of sept with TC Tan who took care of me in my last pregnancy (the one which ended up in m/c)

hope and pray the spotting will stop!
thks babymarian....i really hope so too........first time in pregnancy i have spotting leh. quite scared. even my last m/c i din have - it was a blighted ovum. oh dear...now got lower abdo cramping too....maybe i should just take the mc and go home and rest :(. sigh, me a bit workaholic lah...

thks babymarian....i really hope so too........first time in pregnancy i have spotting leh. quite scared. even my last m/c i din have - it was a blighted ovum. oh dear...now got lower abdo cramping too....maybe i should just take the mc and go home and rest :(. sigh, me a bit workaholic lah...
hugs! yup, i think you should go home and have a good rest

@fairie2010 when you mean not pregnant, you mean clearblue digital or normal sticks? Sometimes the lines take a while to show cos hcg still low. Agree with mummies to get blood test for peace of mind this weekend. Take care!!

Icecreamcony: clearblue digital. I didnt try on lines type coz i dont want to read it wrongly.

Babymarian n Eezenyl, thanks. I will see if my gynae has any slots for today or tmr.

Icecreamcony: clearblue digital. I didnt try on lines type coz i dont want to read it wrongly.

Babymarian n Eezenyl, thanks. I will see if my gynae has any slots for today or tmr.

if u really wanna know today, just find any gynae near u..
for a peace of mind :)

Hi DollyL, thanks..i will visit the gynae..but my hopes are not high..read on some forum, usually the latter result is the most accurate...it's not the first time i feel this way..before i had my daughter, i was pregnant but turned out no foetus, just an empty sac...couldn't get over that one...but this time, i'm just letting God decide. I think he knows what is best for me :)

hope your gynae will be able to see you today! praying that everything is okay and that today is just false negative

Hi DollyL, thanks..i will visit the gynae..but my hopes are not high..read on some forum, usually the latter result is the most accurate...it's not the first time i feel this way..before i had my daughter, i was pregnant but turned out no foetus, just an empty sac...couldn't get over that one...but this time, i'm just letting God decide. I think he knows what is best for me :)

Wish u all the best:)

Hey mummies i took mc and now on bedrest....
fairie2010, my m/c in March was like that- empty sac or what is called blighted ovum. Was distraught too. The pain and sense of loss and hope was no less even when no embryo seen- i totally understand as i just been through that. My 1st pregnancy very smooth- first scan already got heart beat, didn't need blood test or hormone pills.....But i guess a lot of things in pregnancy we cannot control. My gynae said, whatever happens is already determined at point of conception....it was enlightening to hear that.

mummycoccyx: thanks for englightening me as well...yes that was my first pregnancy, thus it was very painful then... now not so coz i still have my daughter, she is what keeps me going in life...so i have to be strong for her. i agree that alot of things we cannot control.

mummycoccyx, glad that you managed to get your MC. Just endure this early stage. Another few weeks to go then it will be a "holiday" for us when we are in 2nd trimester. Hang in there!

When I had countless spotting issue with my 2 previous pregnancies, I went to google about it and read up on various baby/motherhood forums about what other mummies go through. And since your spotting is yellowish-brown, means it is "old blood". Highly likely just implantation spotting. Don't worry too much and just focus on resting okay?

fairie2010, I'm praying for your, girl. Have you bought another test kit to try? Buy those cheap ones from Watson/Guardian. Equally accurate.

starrymommy, thanks for your prayers... i haven't got the time to buy a test kit yet since it's only this morning 5 am plus that i saw this negative result. Will get one later during lunch time.

Re: Breastfeeding

I did not bf my #1 for long. Only 3 months. She was a very sleepy baby and preferred to half-heartedly suckle then doze off at the breast so I resorted to pumping exclusively. But that was really tiring, so in the end gave up when I saw the amount decreasing day by day.

For #2, I breastfed her exclusively for 6 months and loved it. She was a very good "sucker". Lol! Lost all my pregnancy weight during that time.

@mummycoccyx My MC in April was like that too. Sac without bb. Until now I still got phobia. So a bit scared to go for the 1st scan... gotta overcome this. Positive mental attitude.. With #1, everything was smooth, bb and sac saw at 4w plus.. no complications until delivery. Jia you everyone!

Icecreamconny, yeah we are in the same boat! Actually I had a lot of insensitive remarks from friends and colleagues after the m/c cos all say 'it's ok,you got one healthy kid already' and 'no bb anyway' and 'can try again'. Some are mothers themselves... Maybe trying to reassure me but it still sounded hurtful as if the loss is any less painful... This time I am understandably more anxious and apprehensive.....

mummycoccyx: yes that's exactly the response i got from my mum too, that that time doesn't count as a pregnancy, coz no bb anyway...so it's not a miscarriage...

mummycoccyx, fairie2010, people who aren't going through what you ladies have gone through will never fully understand the pain and heartache. So just one ear in, one ear out.

I'm in Raffles...just nice half day today...find some time to visit gynae. Dr John Yam will only be at JP tomorrow afternoon but i'm hoping to go today..since i have the time.

Just had a very heavy lunch regretting eating so much. Tummy a bit queasy already. :(
Does anyone know where to get really nice and spicy ginger tea? Not those instant ones that has a lot of sugar.. those make me a bit queasy 'cos too sweet.

Thanks Starrymommy! I just pack my stuff into carton box... heavy things ask coll to help. I think gt abit strain ytd so i faster go home bed rest.

Yeah, go home earlier and rest! :)

I love ginger. My mum will put a lot of ginger into my confinement dishes. Really shiok for me. :p Now I feel like having sesame chicken with ginger slices.

Was so tired I fell asleep after lunch for 1.5 hrs! Dun have this luxury when at work!! I never really liked ginger. For me, I find that mint eases my queasiness quite well and mine usually comes when I feel really hungry and tired...

mummycoccyx, envy your lunch nap! I am so sleepy at work and can't wait to knock off.. Cannot stand the smell of coffee in the afternoon so there's nothing to keep me alert. Only taking a break once in a while plus check in here to chit chat helps me keep my eyes open. Haha!

damn!!! my chosen confinement lady is booked till june!! nowadays ppl booked so early? i just got tested last week and called her today. Haven't even seen gynae yet and she is already snapped up?

damn!!! my chosen confinement lady is booked till june!! nowadays ppl booked so early? i just got tested last week and called her today. Haven't even seen gynae yet and she is already snapped up?

maybe its start of may edd kind

I decided to bring fwd my gynae appt to next Wed to get some advice before flying. .. read conflicting reviews abt flying. Sigh... but i alr know gynae will say no. Its whether i will decide to go or not...

Back