First pregancy at the age of 41 years old - -"

Mifia

Hi all the mommies,

This is my first pregnancy at the age of 41..... - -"

Wasn't planned but I deem that as a god's gift... Now... Inexperience and old age... What is the first step I need to do? Any kind soul or first time at 40s mommies can share experience? What are the things I need to look out for?

TIA!

Omg ! Congrats first ! i guess u need to be concern on your diet such as taking more food rich in iron so that you wont feel so restless. Plus rest more and be positive ! ;)

Omg ! Congrats first ! i guess u need to be concern on your diet such as taking more food rich in iron so that you wont feel so restless. Plus rest more and be positive ! ;)
MummyNancy,

Thanks babe! I currently taking Anmum and my appetite rather bad... Hardly eat and no craving. 8 weeks and my tummy still look quite flat.. I has gone to the scanned and baby heart beats healthy :)

did you eat regularly? maybe eat something light even if no appetite? cause is rather bad to skip meal. Oh yeah ! rem to get some comfortable shoe cause your metabolism is not as high as usual so ur feet might be very swollen later on.

i am 40 also and in my 16wks ... but this is #2
well because of our age ..better to watch out on our diet ... we have high risk for Gestational BP / diabetics ...
try to exercise ... comparing my #1 and this one .. i get tired easily ... and my MS is a killer not sure is because it is a princess or my age lolz ..also because of my age ..i wont hestiate to do harmony to check DS ..
else everything the same hehehe

Mummynancy, I eat regularly but ate rather little portion n got full easily.. My job require me to wear heeds... Will inform my boss after 12weeks.. :)

PTB7674, I know my age will have high chance of everything... Hence, I am bit lost and scare, I heard this 12 weeks are the most crucial period. Before I discovered i preggie I was drinking and smoking everyday during the 7 weeks pregnancy... Now totally stopped. Hopefully I didn't cause any damage during those crazy days.. Well.. my baby might be a good drinker next time ..:D

Mummynancy, I eat regularly but ate rather little portion n got full easily.. My job require me to wear heeds... Will inform my boss after 12weeks.. :)

PTB7674, I know my age will have high chance of everything... Hence, I am bit lost and scare, I heard this 12 weeks are the most crucial period. Before I discovered i preggie I was drinking and smoking everyday during the 7 weeks pregnancy... Now totally stopped. Hopefully I didn't cause any damage during those crazy days.. Well.. my baby might be a good drinker next time ..:D

Yes 1st 12 wks is crucial period so take care . Whatever has been done cannot be undone so just hope those " hobby" of yours dun affect the bb. Trust that you have found your gynae and did the check etc .. And good luck :)

Hi all the mommies,

This is my first pregnancy at the age of 41..... - -"

Wasn't planned but I deem that as a god's gift... Now... Inexperience and old age... What is the first step I need to do? Any kind soul or first time at 40s mommies can share experience? What are the things I need to look out for?

TIA!

Congrats Mifia!! Yes it is God's gift indeed, praise the lord Life is never too old for a baby. :)

Take good care of yourself, take vitamins and also take many short breaks in between your day. Having a baby is an exhausting affair, so be sure to hydrate yourself adequately.

I wrote this blogpost previously to share some tips to pregnant mummies, pasting it here hoping it'll help you too! ;)
>> http://www.theagapelifestyle.com/2014/07/14/am-i-pregnant-whats-next/

Jiayou! <3

Congrats Mifia!! Yes it is God's gift indeed, praise the lord Life is never too old for a baby. :)

Take good care of yourself, take vitamins and also take many short breaks in between your day. Having a baby is an exhausting affair, so be sure to hydrate yourself adequately.

I wrote this blogpost previously to share some tips to pregnant mummies, pasting it here hoping it'll help you too! ;)
>> http://www.theagapelifestyle.com/2014/07/14/am-i-pregnant-whats-next/

Jiayou! <3

Kgal,

Hi! Thanks so much for the tips and website.. I am sure it comes handy for someone really new... ;)

Kgal,

Hi! Thanks so much for the tips and website.. I am sure it comes handy for someone really new... ;)

No worries Mifia! Hope it helped :)

Anyways, I recently got introduced to Joy's youtube channel "Oh Joy", it's great for expectant mums. Do check it out here!

Hi all mom to be..

I just got my OSCAR result and it turn out to be low risk 1:430 according to the nurse that called me a few hours ago..(can anyone explain to me how they see high or low risk? Is there a guide line?)

Now.. She said the doc asking me whether to go for harmony test or not.. Do u guys think is necessary? since already tested low risk? Pls give me some advise as second test usually for those with bad oscar result right?

TIA!

Oh and heard so much rave about Dr Anadakumar. How much is his charges? Can I go to him instead of harmony? Sounds better?

Hi all mom to be..

I just got my OSCAR result and it turn out to be low risk 1:430 according to the nurse that called me a few hours ago..(can anyone explain to me how they see high or low risk? Is there a guide line?)

Now.. She said the doc asking me whether to go for harmony test or not.. Do u guys think is necessary? since already tested low risk? Pls give me some advise as second test usually for those with bad oscar result right?

TIA!
at our age, the cut off ratio is 1 : >78<100 so if you are 1: 430 then it is considered low risk
and given that oscar accuracy is < 90% that is why some doctor will recommend harmony which is at a high accurary rate . for me i did both the harmony test and oscar , all at the same time,.

at our age, the cut off ratio is 1 : >78<100 so if you are 1: 430 then it is considered low risk
and given that oscar accuracy is < 90% that is why some doctor will recommend harmony which is at a high accurary rate . for me i did both the harmony test and oscar , all at the same time,.

Hmm.. Ya the nurse told me low risk.. But I need to know how low.... LOL

Anyway, for our age, (I presume we same age group? Sorry if I am wrong lol) I guess I better don't save those money... But u done it at the same time! Woah...

Hmm.. Ya the nurse told me low risk.. But I need to know how low.... LOL

Anyway, for our age, (I presume we same age group? Sorry if I am wrong lol) I guess I better don't save those money... But u done it at the same time! Woah...
we are same age lolz ..

my 1st visit to gynae the 1st thing i tell her is i want to do oscar cos i want to know what is my risk ... and she told me now there is harmony and suggest i do both cos harmony is for chromesome problem and oscar is used for checking other defect and so i did signed up for both all at once regardless of cost. for me i rather spend more money to have peace of mind :p but that is me lolz and lucky princess ..cleared both test with flying colors
now am waitign for my detailed scan tomorrow ...another milestone tomorrow

we are same age lolz ..

my 1st visit to gynae the 1st thing i tell her is i want to do oscar cos i want to know what is my risk ... and she told me now there is harmony and suggest i do both cos harmony is for chromesome problem and oscar is used for checking other defect and so i did signed up for both all at once regardless of cost. for me i rather spend more money to have peace of mind :p but that is me lolz and lucky princess ..cleared both test with flying colors
now am waitign for my detailed scan tomorrow ...another milestone tomorrow

Has anyone heard of Panorama test? I was enquiring abt Harmony n apparently my gynae said Panorama has a very high accuracy rate. When I googled it online, seems that it only started last year in the US and not many reviews abt it lols

Back