(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Eeznyl, apparently you are not the only one here! This will likely be my last pregnancy. :( And I am in corporate sales so need to dress up to meet those corporate clients.

High 5!
Im a biz dev mgr n need to dress up to meet corporate clients too! I feel that i gt no image now leh... my previous pregnancy i gain 33kg... so im very stress now as i cannot let this happen again!

fairie2010, I was literally drooling looking at the clothes. :p

Eeznyl, able to reveal which trade you are in? I'm very kpo here. SG so small... skally we know each other? You gained 33kg?! How? That's really a lot. YOur appetite was very good?

Eeznyl, wow! 33 kg and you lose it all within how many months? i put on 12 kg...and lost 5 kg only...subsequently another 3 kg..then very soon back to after delivery weight then never go down le.... Yup, in sales got to dress up, image is important. I'm a HR Manager so similarly, got to dress up to set the right image as a role model to the employees :p haha

at which month, should we start looking out for massage lady and confinement lady? i had my massage after 3 months which is too late and my mother in law didn't do a very good confinement for me as her focus was on my baby only. so this time, i'm gonna have my ways despite any objections

Wow! Thats really high leh! U r how many days post ovulation?
post ovulation not sure. but i am calculated to be 4 weeks 6 days by dates. 5 weeks tomorrow!! i think most important is the doubling of the beta hcg so i am still keeping fingers and toes crossed!
welcome to all the new mummies and MTBs, i apologies but i am a bit lost after i was going around today plus had long meeting.

about showing, my tummy has never gone flat leh!! 1st pregnancy i only changed to maternity clothes at 18 weeks. that time still very slim. but i did put on 16kg. and i only recently lost back to about 3 kg more than my pre-1st pregnancy after my m/c incident in March-was kinda depressed so wanted to do something for my own good as i was gaining toooo much weight.

and i think my MS may be starting....just now was in the cab back and almost puked cos it had such a bad smell!! i think it must have been some antiseptic or detergent but it was soooo bad.....i was covering my nose throughout the almost 30 minute ride....and just now they nasi lemak i tried to eat for lunch was so yucky...threw more than half of it away...... arghh...hunger pangs now again..........any mummies having more MS now??

mummycoccyx, glad to know everything is fine! did she say what caused the spotting?
starry mommy, yeah partly relieved....just hoping for a good beta hcg again on sat. not sure but they usually call it threatened miscarriage. but so far no more spotting hope it stays that way....still wondering if i should take the mc tmw.

and i think my MS may be starting....just now was in the cab back and almost puked cos it had such a bad smell!! i think it must have been some antiseptic or detergent but it was soooo bad.....i was covering my nose throughout the almost 30 minute ride....and just now they nasi lemak i tried to eat for lunch was so yucky...threw more than half of it away...... arghh...hunger pangs now again..........any mummies having more MS now??

I've been having MS since 3weeks. But I don't mind it as it is still mild for now.

fairie2010, I was literally drooling looking at the clothes. :p

Eeznyl, able to reveal which trade you are in? I'm very kpo here. SG so small... skally we know each other? You gained 33kg?! How? That's really a lot. YOur appetite was very good?

Im in insurance industry... same? Hehe...
Actually i think i eat alot... b4 preggy i was skinny like 43kg only. I was a smoker n drink regularly. But when i found out im preggy, i stop all n begin to eat proper meal. But thru out my pregnancy i keep feeling nauseous whenever im hungry so i kip eating... haha. .. thats how i gain so much! Imagine from 43kg to 76kg!

Im in insurance industry... same? Hehe...
Actually i think i eat alot... b4 preggy i was skinny like 43kg only. I was a smoker n drink regularly. But when i found out im preggy, i stop all n begin to eat proper meal. But thru out my pregnancy i keep feeling nauseous whenever im hungry so i kip eating... haha. .. thats how i gain so much! Imagine from 43kg to 76kg!

You were so skinny at 43kg! Nvm, after this baby, go all out and lose all the postpartum weight. I've mummy friend who lost a lot of weight doing Zumba and eating healthy. So it is confirm doable.

I am not from insurance industry. I sell facility services. :)

Eeznyl, wow! 33 kg and you lose it all within how many months? i put on 12 kg...and lost 5 kg only...subsequently another 3 kg..then very soon back to after delivery weight then never go down le.... Yup, in sales got to dress up, image is important. I'm a HR Manager so similarly, got to dress up to set the right image as a role model to the employees :p haha

Till now i nv lose all leh... i lost abt 25 kgs in 3 mths after i start a diet plan with a slimming center. I hope i dun have to go thru it again!

Yeah me also hoping for more MS!! For my #1 I had very bad MS in the evening only better with ice cream. I was even admitted for drip for one day when i was around 9 weeks because the whole day kept vomiting and could not even drink a sip of water.I had very extreme food aversions also esp all seafood which was what I liked eating! And by second trimester I was eating so much cos if I was hungry I would be really giddy....

But I had any friends who never really had MS and had healthy pregnancies!

I had MS in my first pregnancy, 4 months straight...it was really terrible...so i hope this time i won't get MS, my friend never had MS in her two pregnancies, she delivered healthy babies...
wow 25kg in 3 months, not bad....need a lot of determination. 43kg is very slim...i used to be 47 kg...now 56 kg :p can't seem to lose weight haha...hopefully after this delivery, will be able to lose more best go back to 45-47 kg :p

Re: weight

I was 48kg. Gained around 16kg for both pregnancies and weight went down to 52kg. It is increasing again and I hope it won't be 16kg this time! Hope can keep within 10kg.

Re: weight

I was 48kg. Gained around 16kg for both pregnancies and weight went down to 52kg. It is increasing again and I hope it won't be 16kg this time! Hope can keep within 10kg.

16kg is ok leh! Not even half of mine! Haha... my target is 12kg. I told my hubby n he laughed damn loud! =/

I had MS in my first pregnancy, 4 months straight...it was really terrible...so i hope this time i won't get MS, my friend never had MS in her two pregnancies, she delivered healthy babies...
wow 25kg in 3 months, not bad....need a lot of determination. 43kg is very slim...i used to be 47 kg...now 56 kg :p can't seem to lose weight haha...hopefully after this delivery, will be able to lose more best go back to 45-47 kg :p

Fairie, wait till cfm close shop le then slim down all at once lo... haha...

Eeznyl, I thought 16kg was A LOT because I am quite short. When I was 37weeks along, my hubby could stand behind me and stay hidden!! :p He actually called me "ah bui" for a period of time. Irritating!

Wow, this thread moves very fast. After a long day's work, so many posts to catch up with.

Congrats to everyone!

Called my gynae today and I'm only going for my 1st appt 12 September. Anyone else waiting till around 8 weeks to go?

tamcamwam, me! but i haven't made any appointment yet. not sure which gynae to go to... considering John Yam as recommended by starrymommy

starrymommy, i read a thread that says Dr John Yam will prefer gleneagles coz it may take him some time to reach mt a and if he can't reach on time during the delivery, he will get another doctor to deliver instead. this sounds very discouraging...and also there is an additional charge to pay for his travelling to mt a. is this true?

Eeznyl, I thought 16kg was A LOT because I am quite short. When I was 37weeks along, my hubby could stand behind me and stay hidden!! :p He actually called me "ah bui" for a period of time. Irritating!

I doubt u r shorter than me lo. Im only 1.56m leh!

@tamcamwam mummy, i thought of going at 8 weeks too but due to past MC experience , decided to go earlier (but not too early) for piece of mind.. will go at 6 weeks. I haven't made appt tho. Hope can see something. For #1, scan can see already at 4 w 5d.

@starrymommy , mothers en vogue is nice! I always check them out at Centrepoint. hehe, but exp ya? I am a shopping addict too, and have actually bought a few pieces from my last round but sadly ended in MC so didnt get to wear them. Those from #1 already given away.

@tamcamwam Also in HR line. :)

icecreamcony: Yes! Even though my appt is set for 12 September, I'm also very tempted to go in earlier. On the other hand, I'm also scared to go in earlier in case anything happens. I'm such a worrier. Think I need to learn to relax as I was worrying all the time during my 1st pregnancy and I don't think that did me or my son any good.

fairie2010: Oh, what made you decide to change gynae? My gynae was very good... just very ex too haha

Eeznyl, 2cm taller. Haha!!

icecreamcony, those that I had amassed from previous pregnancies were all given or thrown away too. Except for a couple of nursing tops from MEV. Still find that this brand has the most stylish maternity clothes. Can even wear them again after giving birth. This time round you will have a sticky little beanie and will definitely get to wear. :)

@starrymommy awww thanks mummy!! Made me a bit emo cos v touched, thanks for being so sweet! :) *stickie beanie dust to all mummies here* Looking fwd to discuss shopping with u all. Hehe

For #1..everything was v smooth so I think I took things a bit for granted with #2.. and somehow didn't materialise. Now a bit pantang. I had the thought of not telling anyone until going to pop. Psst. My hubby doesn't know about BFP yet. Dont want him to be disappointed again if smth happens. Will share only after i get confirmation.

Heartening to know that many mummies here experienced m/c and complicated pregnancies before. Makes me feel less alone...Pray and hope that this time round all our beanies will grow strong and healthy and sticky!!!! *catcces the sticky dust*

Eeznyl, 2cm taller. Haha!!

icecreamcony, those that I had amassed from previous pregnancies were all given or thrown away too. Except for a couple of nursing tops from MEV. Still find that this brand has the most stylish maternity clothes. Can even wear them again after giving birth. This time round you will have a sticky little beanie and will definitely get to wear. :)

Haha... can u imagine im shorter yet gain 33kg when u already complain abt ur 16kg weight gain... lol

@starrymommy awww thanks mummy!! Made me a bit emo cos v touched, thanks for being so sweet! :) *stickie beanie dust to all mummies here* Looking fwd to discuss shopping with u all. Hehe

For #1..everything was v smooth so I think I took things a bit for granted with #2.. and somehow didn't materialise. Now a bit pantang. I had the thought of not telling anyone until going to pop. Psst. My hubby doesn't know about BFP yet. Dont want him to be disappointed again if smth happens. Will share only after i get confirmation.

Icecreamcony, i can imagine how hard it is for u to keep this fr ur husband too. U gonna have a healthy n smooth pregnancy this time... dun worry!

Tamcamwam, coz my gynae is in paragon. Previously, hubby working hours very flexible coz own biz, now more bz n short of manpower, cant leave as n when, so having it near my place will be ideal.

Icecreamcony n tamcamwam, both of u in hr line? Me too!

Eeznyl n starrymommy, u both are still taller than me. Im 1.55m.

Tamcamwam, coz my gynae is in paragon. Previously, hubby working hours very flexible coz own biz, now more bz n short of manpower, cant leave as n when, so having it near my place will be ideal.

Haha... me n u not much diff la! We r petite not short =P

newbiemum, you referring to the clearblue digital which shows ''pregnant 1-2'' is it? i had that too... i understand it means 1 to 2 weeks ago conception happened...but i know when counting EDD, they start from first day of the last menstrual period since doctors are not able to tell us when exactly did we conceive. so you are at 6 weeks? could you be an april mummy then? i'm 30 april according to the LMP 5 weeks today.

mmm... dunno leh. i haven't seen a gynae.. still in germany on a work trip :(

my cycle is usually 34 days + 2 weeks late now... thats why i'm perplexed. nvm lets wait till i see the gynae.. i rather it be later than earlier.

Haha... can u imagine im shorter yet gain 33kg when u already complain abt ur 16kg weight gain... lol

I cannot imagine! I already thought that time I ate super a lot. Anyway, if want to lose weight, must must MUST breastfeed. Breastfeeding helps in slimming down. And super fast. Love it. :D

Icrcreamcony, im having bad lower backaches today..vv suan
Eeznyl, so lucky to have your hubby massage your back, mine dont even care when i told him v suan..just replied so fast back pain already? *bleah*

Icrcreamcony, im having bad lower backaches today..vv suan
Eeznyl, so lucky to have your hubby massage your back, mine dont even care when i told him v suan..just replied so fast back pain already? *bleah*

Haha... i think he saw me gg thru the ivf journey, he feels guilty that i have to go thru the pain n suffering both physically n emotionally. Thats y he treats me better... b4 im preggy, he oso massage for me everyday but short short de la.

Starrymommy, bf din help me lose weight at all :( perhaps also my own fault for over eating cos always felt hungry and was trying to take a lot of avocado to increase milk supply :(

For me, really just plain diet and exercise helped. Esp restarting my running. But of course now I am supposed to walk less and walk slowly...

Me no backaches yet. Just feeling very bloated and can't get the air out. It's a bit frustrating.

Same here.... but no prob for me to get the air out. .. haha... my hubby buay tahan i kip farting! But the air very fast go in again.... its gross!!

I have 5 new boxes of Anmum Materna (chocolate) 650g to sell at $15 per box. Expiry date : June 2015.
PM if interested. Tks.

I'm not in HR. I'm a teacher hehe.

Back