(2014) ivf mummies support group

I didn purposely track but at anytime will feel them. Especially at night when I am lying on bed. Dh will keep pressing and finding hard spots. When found he press and most of the time will get a reaction from beanies. Don't know he pressing which part of beanies.

I am so full had seafood spaghetti again at coffeeshop western stall. Yesterday night and today crave!

U girls stomach grow everyday? My like stagnant already. Can see big but not growing in inches yet.

seems like every morning put on 100 gram more... last week was 36.5 inch last night was 37 inch

hello ladies! my beanie is a fast food junkie man! i actually had double cheese burger, fries, orange juice, mcnuggets and choc sundae! never eaten so much before man. think today no need to eat dinner.

iwantahealthybaby, apart from aloe vera, u can also try calamine lotion. it dries to a powder and can help reduce friction.

me also never monitor the kicks, but as long as she does kick sometimes then I am ok.

I ask because tracking baby's is quite important at the later stage when we are nearer to our due date. Any reduced baby movement can mean something. So better go hospital fast if you observe reduced movement.

I know I must monitor their movement, but I will also scare myself off. Sometimes my beanie don't move that much don't know is it I am busy or what, then sometime it will move. There was once my beanie whole day never move and I really scare myself until I want to cry, only then she started moving.

So I really don't want to think too much or monitor as I don't want to affect my emotion. As long as she got kick then ok. I really very scare to monitor then scare myself again and again. I want to monitor, yet I scare to think of monitoring.

I know I must monitor their movement, but I will also scare myself off. Sometimes my beanie don't move that much don't know is it I am busy or what, then sometime it will move. There was once my beanie whole day never move and I really scare myself until I want to cry, only then she started moving.

So I really don't want to think too much or monitor as I don't want to affect my emotion. As long as she got kick then ok. I really very scare to monitor then scare myself again and again. I want to monitor, yet I scare to think of monitoring.

Yeap. As long as the baby moves during the regular periods I think it's a good gauge. If baby skips the regular period, observe awhile again. If don't feel comfortable with the frequency then go to gynea.

Yes I heard too must track. One of my gf was told to keep track of bb movements. Like make sure the bb kicks the same amount of time during a 1min interval etc. Cause her bb got liver problem or what then doc say must monitor plus she also got high blood. I find it very stressful. I only monitor can feel can already I don't time when they move or how much they move.

On the eve of National Day, I didn't feel her move as far as I could remember. Then evening time I went to KKH for class and I asked the trainer and it just so happened that day lesson was on this topic. She said it's better to have a check. So I went to the delivery suite. Over there they monitored baby's heartbeat for about half an hour. Upon discharge, they gave me a chart to track.

I agree it can be stressful and you need to be consistent in the tracking. I personally feel more at ease tracking as it puts me consciously to observe baby's movements.

I just see beanie. Guess what she is 1.4kg now after I whack so much food everyday. I think I got to control my diet back. Lol. Doc say by week 30 baby will weight around 1.5kg. So I think I better control my diet a bit. Then my sugar kenna scolding from doc la, say too low too high. I must concern on the high reading if not ask me go hospital inject what insulin. So I must be guai guai back. Think must follow meal plan.
Btw the kicking I check with doc on the monitoring. He said must monitor but if no time just ensure that she is moving daily as usual will do. If not as what faithfullyyours said faster go hospital or call doc.
My dinner was curry fish head oops..

Lynn I think 1.4 is ok. I prefer bb heavier than lighter. Anyway this is just estimate. My gf bb weigh 3kg at week 39 but when she deliver bb only 2.5kg now we only have estimate according to their length.

Circle, thanks for your calamine lotion advice. I must go get tomorrow...house don't have :( don't care junk food or what as long as u can eat it's gd!!!

I just see beanie. Guess what she is 1.4kg now after I whack so much food everyday. I think I got to control my diet back. Lol. Doc say by week 30 baby will weight around 1.5kg. So I think I better control my diet a bit. Then my sugar kenna scolding from doc la, say too low too high. I must concern on the high reading if not ask me go hospital inject what insulin. So I must be guai guai back. Think must follow meal plan.
Btw the kicking I check with doc on the monitoring. He said must monitor but if no time just ensure that she is moving daily as usual will do. If not as what faithfullyyours said faster go hospital or call doc.
My dinner was curry fish head oops..
Wow...you are reaching week 30 very soon! 8-9 more weeks to go to delivery. That's very fast! Time just zooms past! :)

Hmm.. I think I better control my diet a bit. No more mooncakes. Btw any of you started the mooncake feast? Lol.. last year my office so many mooncakes until everyday eat different types. This year I think I will control.
Buddy, actually if deliver baby 3kg I am very happy so heavier also good. Lol.
Then my poke finger test must increase to twice a week now sian loh.. Don't know why doc scare my baby big big.. Need me to control.
Btw just now he told me towards end oct can give birth. I told him I want to hold till nov 11 then give birth.

Last edited:
Faithfullyyours, can you explain how to track movement? Count number of kicks?
Hi bb_hc, what KKH taught me is within 12 hours a day, baby must move at least 8 to 10 times. Sometimes I do feel baby will move continuously at the same time but that will only be counted as 1 time. Sometimes I also feel baby just moves 1 time, that will also be counted as 1 time. So over a period of 12 hours, if baby moves less than 8 times, then monitor for another day. If the next day is still the same, then quickly go to hospital for a check.

If you look at the chart attached (provided by KKH), if you feel baby moves at 2.15 pm, you will put a tick at the appropriate square, i.e., between 2 pm and 2.30 pm. If you feel baby moves at 2.25 pm again, no need to record because you have already recorded at 2.15 pm. You may stop recording once baby has moved 10 times or you may continue until the 12 hours mark. For me, I record from 9 am to 9 pm because I really want to know how many times baby moves in 12 hours.

Hope my explanation is clear. :)
ImageUploadedByForum1409238276.908758.jpg

Hi bb_hc, what KKH taught me is within 12 hours a day, baby must move at least 8 to 10 times. Sometimes I do feel baby will move continuously at the same time but that will only be counted as 1 time. Sometimes I also feel baby just moves 1 time, that will also be counted as 1 time. So over a period of 12 hours, if baby moves less than 8 times, then monitor for another day. If the next day is still the same, then quickly go to hospital for a check.

If you look at the chart attached (provided by KKH), if you feel baby moves at 2.15 pm, you will put a tick at the appropriate square, i.e., between 2 pm and 2.30 pm. If you feel baby moves at 2.25 pm again, no need to record because you have already recorded at 2.15 pm.

Hope my explanation is clear. :)
View attachment 371172

So that's a half hour block tracking. Sounds easier than tracking every movement

So that's a half hour block tracking. Sounds easier than tracking every movement
Yup! I am more consistent in my recording when I am at work. Haha! The recording can go a bit hay wired when I'm not working because I do manual tracking. I also downloaded apps in my mobile phone but find it a bit hard to keep pressing it.

I cannot find any apps in mobile to do tracking for my bb movement. That time dolly got mention but cannot find the app in my iPhone :(

Whao kkh got tell u so many info Faithfullyours. Actually will all doc ask u to monitor their movement? My gynae no mention. I also don't know how to track cause I really don't know which bb is moving at times. I don't remember my bb move in every hour. If a period of 12 hrs must move 10 times at least on average per hr is like one time. When I feel them it's a constant period when I don't also will be a period of hours...very stressing if I start monitoring.

Good morning cannot believe today is Friday already. So happy!!

Buddy I am same like you. It is not every hour movement thing and at times busy never really monitor. Then when monitor back she is like sleeping.
Wah 1kg not bad dolly. Mine was 900g at week 27. Yesterday week 29 suddenly 1.4kg.
I am eating my breakfast at starbucks again.
Faithfullyyours Thanks for the guide. Maybe I should try the 12 hours.

I cannot find any apps in mobile to do tracking for my bb movement. That time dolly got mention but cannot find the app in my iPhone :(

Whao kkh got tell u so many info Faithfullyours. Actually will all doc ask u to monitor their movement? My gynae no mention. I also don't know how to track cause I really don't know which bb is moving at times. I don't remember my bb move in every hour. If a period of 12 hrs must move 10 times at least on average per hr is like one time. When I feel them it's a constant period when I don't also will be a period of hours...very stressing if I start monitoring.

Good morning cannot believe today is Friday already. So happy!!

My gynea did ask me to monitor. He said we'd know the movement pattern and if noticed any reduced pattern, need to go back. But he didn't ask me to monitor in that level of details.

hi ladies, how is your Friday so far. my office no govt today. so free. surfing the net tempted to make online purchase again but in end I log out. should stop buying clothes already also don't know after birth can slim down a not.

I might start packing my hospital bag this weekend. wont put into bag 1st will probably stuff all the things required on my shelves so to see what bag can put all inside. check with experience mummies, so we do need to bring own diapers for baby right? if we use hospital one they just charge whatever we use right? I might even bring a small can of milk powder in case no breast milk and wait kkh charge me for a tin if I use theirs...and cause I know kkh using similac. I bought enfagrow one standby. I think I need a lot of stuffs to pack to hospital.

hi ladies, how is your Friday so far. my office no govt today. so free. surfing the net tempted to make online purchase again but in end I log out. should stop buying clothes already also don't know after birth can slim down a not.

I might start packing my hospital bag this weekend. wont put into bag 1st will probably stuff all the things required on my shelves so to see what bag can put all inside. check with experience mummies, so we do need to bring own diapers for baby right? if we use hospital one they just charge whatever we use right? I might even bring a small can of milk powder in case no breast milk and wait kkh charge me for a tin if I use theirs...and cause I know kkh using similac. I bought enfagrow one standby. I think I need a lot of stuffs to pack to hospital.
For hospital bag, what I learnt from KKH class is we need to prepare 3 bags: baby, mummy and daddy. What I found out from my colleagues who had given birth at private hospitals, they told me hospital will give different brands of milk powder for baby to try. I'm not sure about KKH though. Maybe I should ask.

For hospital bag, what I learnt from KKH class is we need to prepare 3 bags: baby, mummy and daddy. What I found out from my colleagues who had given birth at private hospitals, they told me hospital will give different brands of milk powder for baby to try. I'm not sure about KKH though. Maybe I should ask.

did they tell you what to pack in each bag? daddy's bag I shall let himself decide. I will be packing mummy and babies bag. general for bb bag I guess is diapers, milk powder for standby, breast pump, bb clothes and mittens etc..did I leave out any? I suppose the nurse will bath them and apply necessary cream or lotion on them right? we do not have to bring this too right?

did they tell you what to pack in each bag? daddy's bag I shall let himself decide. I will be packing mummy and babies bag. general for bb bag I guess is diapers, milk powder for standby, breast pump, bb clothes and mittens etc..did I leave out any? I suppose the nurse will bath them and apply necessary cream or lotion on them right? we do not have to bring this too right?
Not sure about kkh but thomson giving recommended milk powder and diaper for baby. Shower all these will be given too. Breast pump I heard from expert mum mum said go back home 3rd day then got milk. At hospital so tired also hard to breastfeed and first 2 days don't really have milk. So can save the trouble of bf. Hmm.. buddy maybe your next visit you go find out from kkh who can advise you on the bag to double confirm.

ya maybe I should start asking. ya I also just read an article online milk only come 3days after natural birth ad 5 days after csec. so what people advise is have milk or no milk just latch and latch not pump during hospital stay so probably really don't need to bring the pump. I just hope I got milk cause if not my pocket really going burn big hole and with milk all the goodies going to the baby and mummy also benefit.

during my next visit 2 weeks from now will ask gynae.

I need to go back home and check my notes. Can't remember. I'm at the comex fair now.They advise that daddy packs his own bag, mummy packs her own bag and both pack baby's bag but both need to know what and where the things are in each bag because when mummy is in labour pain, she can't think straight and if daddy starts asking where the things are, daddy is gonna regret for the rest his life. LOL!

I just finished my routine check up with Dr Ang. He said at 28 weeks, baby should be about 1 to 1.3 kg. Baby's weight today is 1.285 kg at 28 weeks. I asked the question what if I choose not to be delivered by him. He said it's okay but cannot use package price. He is very honest and frank that why his package price is $550, basically from the 5th or 6th month onwards, his consultations, scans are free if we take up package and where he earns his money and that is during delivery time. If we decide to choose him to deliver, then those amounts that we paid per visit will be offset from the delivery charges. Yeah so though we took up the package last visit, we still pay today. Okay in a dilemma now. But he did advise that if choy touch wood, anything before 36 weeks, he said just go straight to KKH because if go to private hospital, cost is a killer. He used to be from KKH before he becomes private.

I lost 1 kg. Last week I weighed was 56. Today is 55.

Last edited:
Faithfullyours u are soooo light at week 28 but your bb is at good weight so not to worry. U didn eat well from last weigh to date that's why lost weight? Ya I think dr agm same as dr Adrian the package price only valid if deliver under him if not must pay as per visit. Anyway u just heed dr Ang advice if after 36weeks u can deliver under him.

Yes I agree on the daddy better know where the hell is the stuffs in our hospital bag cause he really going to regret if if if he keep asking me during my labour induced or sweating period lol. I wonder kkh give any goody bags got bb like a pair of newborn clothes, mittens, wrap...haha if like that I can just use theirs don't need bring bb one. But let's say bb stay in hospital with mummy say 3 days they probably need change at least 1set of clothes per day right? Which means I need to bring quite a few for my Twinnies.

So many qns in my head now I suddenly wonder if my gynae know what kkh will provide after birth. Sometimes all this are suppose to be advice by nurse so maybe gynae also not sure.

Faithfullyyours, our beanies are all on track so far on the weight. Don't know why my doc keep saying must not feed baby too much wait overweight. Lol. Oh ya, my backpack as in my hospital bag got 3 compartments. One is for cordlife, baby name and my booking sheet for my stay. Compartment two is for my things like pad, breast pad, my clothing, disposable underwear, my makeup etc which is the 'mummy' compartment then compartment three is beanie's clothing when discharge wear nice nice home. For thomson they will give goodies bag for beanie with clothing. Kkh I am not too sure think need to ask. Dh's bag I don't care. He never bring clothing just wear that for 2 days. Lol.

Ladies make sure your hubby handle the birth cert and set up the cda account in hospital. Remember to bring your nric and marriage cert, plus bank statement to open a cda account.
When I checked into hospital I just brought everything in my carry on luggage..

Ladies make sure your hubby handle the birth cert and set up the cda account in hospital. Remember to bring your nric and marriage cert, plus bank statement to open a cda account.

Bank statement as in bank book? I don't think I got bank book haha. Those e statement can? Argh. So if I use mine bank statement the money will go to my acc right? Even need marriage cert? Must really go dig out all these already.

Why need to set cda account in hospital?

Cda is for baby bonus. Government gives us money. So must open this account for our baby one to one matching depending. First baby $6000. But they will give you $3000 first then thereafter 1.5k then 1.5k. Cda account is either opened from ocbc bank or standard chart.

Cda is for baby bonus. Government gives us money. So must open this account for our baby one to one matching depending. First baby $6000. But they will give you $3000 first then thereafter 1.5k then 1.5k. Cda account is either opened from ocbc bank or standard chart.

So starting of account can be done in hospital n in banks. Is that right?

Oh I got it already. Bank statement or bank book to show our name and account number like apply for job they also ask from us. Our account is for government to give money to us. I will use my account haha since I come come so much money.
Then cda is for baby and you can put up to 6k for government matching. So if government gives you the money you don't want to use put in this cda account can get one to one matching so 6k will become 12k. But money cannot take out is for baby education one.
Just took out my marriage cert and bank book tomorrow go and photocopy.

So means to produce the bank statement is let govt bank in the 6k to us in terms of cash. Then cda is the match dollar by dollar for child education. That one must be Ocbc or standard charter. So once I open this account I will need to bank in amount so that govt can match. M I right? I also will produce my own bank book so money is under my control Haha. But I wonder if bank statement is ok instead of book. I don't have book. Don't know throw where already.

For the one to one matching. You are given 12years to bank in the max 6k, of course soon you put in, you get the matching can earn interest from Bank. Yes so this cda is only ocbc or stand chart.
You can give bank statement just showing your name and account will do. Usually top of the page right. This one is government give you the money to spend or what you want to do with it under your control. Put all to cda, use for baby shower or see what you want to do with it.
Only 3k first after birth but provided you submit the document soon. That's why when you give birth can ask dh to apply immediately don't delay at the hospital. If delay also meaning the money government give you also will delay. Then after don't know how many month they will disburse 1.5k and then another 1.5k.

Reactions: ete
Anyone around. I can't sleep today. . Suddenly very awake. Maybe too stress in work recently. . Just can't wait faster Oct to take a break.
Dolly, that time you mentioned the kicking apps is called ....?

Just got home and check my notes:

Things to bring for admission to hospital:
1. Antenatal booklet
2. Identify card
3. Inpatient admission authorisation form

For mummy:
- toiletries
- nursing bras
- a pair of slippers
- socks
- lip balm
- clothes to wear upon discharge from hospital

For daddy:
- toiletries
- change of clothes
- sweater/jacket
- note pad
- camera/video camera
- birth plan
Items to help to cope with labour pain for mummy:
- music/wedding video/montage
- tennis ball
- aroma oil

For baby:
- 1 baby outfit upon discharge
- baby blanket/towel/swaddle
- a pair of mittens & booties
- cap

For ladies who wanna deliver at KKH, they do give formula milk but unlike private hospitals, they don't let you choose the brands. They have all the brands in the market but they are on a 2 months rotational basis, meaning the month that you deliver and they happen to be using, say for example, Similac brand, your baby will be fed with Similac milk powder. If it happens to be Dumex, then they will feed your baby with Dumex milk powder. All formula milk powders are cow's milk unless specified otherwise.

We don't need to bring diapers for baby to change. They use Huggies newborn diapers. They do give goodies bag.

If giving birth naturally, can be discharged after 24 hours, about 2D1N. If c sect, about 4D3N.

I am awake too hehe. Faithfullyours thanks for the detail list. Those were from kkh class? But the diapers from kkh will they charge u? Previously heard whatever they use for your baby or loan u (etc breast pump) all will be charged to your bill. So don't know how true. Was thinking if they charge I might As well bring my own diapers or pump since I already Have it. But I think pump might omit since milk don't come in immediately after birth also I guess. Nurse probably will ask u to latch 1st.

I'm not sleeping yet too cause watching drama thru the night haha. Now then stop my drama preparing to sleep already. Guess all should be in dreamland now...

Ya dolly I also cannot find the kicking apps u mention that time.

I am awake too since 4+. Oh btw I remember one graduated mummy ever post saying for kkh goodie bag is only for for ward A. If lower grade like ward c or b2 don't have. So better double check again.

Will check out at my next visit, hope can get the right dept. I must start packing soon. Not afraid bb stuff miss out more afraid mummy impt documents haha. Good morning rise and shine it's Saturday..

Oo iwanahbb, Maybe u check w faithfully on the tracking apps then or How she kps record since she is so well versed kpg track n analysis ...

Back