(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

yup!! :) looking forward to many great chats with all you wonderful ladies! :)

and probably many wonderful sprees too :) hehehehhehehe

Now i'm so excited to chiong baby fair..

by the way how accurate is the baby gender chart ah?
http://content.thebump.com/sitelets/chinese-gender-chart/

By the way, to calculate the number of weeks pregnant is to count from last "first" day of menses right? so if i'm 2 weeks late already means 6 weeks pregnant? but the digital test say 1-2 weeks only.. which one is it?

and probably many wonderful sprees too :) hehehehhehehe

Now i'm so excited to chiong baby fair..

by the way how accurate is the baby gender chart ah?
http://content.thebump.com/sitelets/chinese-gender-chart/

By the way, to calculate the number of weeks pregnant is to count from last "first" day of menses right? so if i'm 2 weeks late already means 6 weeks pregnant? but the digital test say 1-2 weeks only.. which one is it?

hehehe yup!! we'll be shopping happily too!! :D
i also used the clear blue digital test...the piece of paper that came with it wrote if it shows 1-2 weeks, means 3-4 weeks pregnant. if it shows 2-3 means 4-5 weeks pregnant. if it shows 3+ means 5+ weeks pregnant

newbiemum, you referring to the clearblue digital which shows ''pregnant 1-2'' is it? i had that too... i understand it means 1 to 2 weeks ago conception happened...but i know when counting EDD, they start from first day of the last menstrual period since doctors are not able to tell us when exactly did we conceive. so you are at 6 weeks? could you be an april mummy then? i'm 30 april according to the LMP 5 weeks today.

i did the the gender test, it says a boy! haha hope it's true. By the way, since it's chinese chart, does it mean i have to select lunar month instead? :p

Getting livelier! :) I am in for the idea of a FB chat. We can know each other better and it is more private since anyone can just come here and read our threads. I am looking to visit gynae on 9th Sep (#1's bday so I took leave that day).. may be a good day. :)

i did the the gender test, it says a boy! haha hope it's true. By the way, since it's chinese chart, does it mean i have to select lunar month instead? :p

My fren say gotta use ur lunar age n the lunar mth u conceive but dunno mine izzit same as urs.

DollyL, welcome in even if just to chit chat. :) How're you feeling? In 2nd trimester already right? I wish time will pass by faster for 1st tri. Haha!

newbiemum, no. of weeks pregnant starts from 1st day of your last menses. Means if you are late for 2 weeks, and your menses is typically 28 days (4 weeks) then 2weeks + 4weeks = 6 weeks preggy. Hope this helps. :)

i just came back from meeting. wow i am lost in the thread!! gynae clinic just called...my beta hcg is 4210. she said is correct for dates but will have to see the sat results for the trend.

DollyL, welcome in even if just to chit chat. :) How're you feeling? In 2nd trimester already right? I wish time will pass by faster for 1st tri. Haha!

haha yes, today is week 16..
still feels like yesterday when i found out that i was pregnant though haha
the feeling is so surreal :)

mummycoccyx, everything will be fine. :)

DollyL, it is so exciting being pregnant, isn't it?? I find it very surreal too. Like a 1st time mommy all over again! And is this your 1st baby?

Alright lah, I would think? Different baby different character so there will always be new "patterns" from them. Haha! Your bump must be showing now right?

yup. showing a bit now..
can feel a few kicks, but then again im not sure if they r kicks also leh..
no exp :(

Very likely they are really movements from your baby! These kicks feel different from your normal tummy gas.

I can't wait to feel my baby move!

Thanks Eeznyl, i use lunar age and conception month, boy too! haha will see how accurate is this when i know the gender :p
Wow DollyL, must be exciting in 2nd trimester now right? 4th month should know the gender already right? which gynae do you go to and which hospital do you intend to deliver your baby? *kpo*
starrymommy, yeah me too...i did feel my #1 move in my tummy, can see the movements from outside too...

Hi Mommies and Mommies-to-be! Been reading this thread since I tested myself positive on the 25th. However, was not really convince with the results, as such, tested once again yesterday and it shows another positive! Been having this intermittent mild cramps before my period(which was unusual for me) and just as I suspected, I am pregnant. I've not gone to any doctors for any checks and i'm unsure what to do. My boss had demanded a letter to certify my pregnancy before I would be put on light duty. But i doubt I could see anything through a scan now. Would appreciate any kind souls to assist me on this as this is my first pregnancy. :)

fairie2010, I even videoed down the waves and bumps from all those kicks from within the tummy. Our body is just so amazing!

Tiara, congrats and welcome! :) Do you know how many weeks along are you already? You can visit the gynae at 5 weeks pregnant. Will be able to see a sac and embryo by then.

Hi starrymommy, I actually calculated through some online app based on my first day of my last menstrual and its stated as 4 weeks and 4 days approximately. Dropped by some clinics and they advise me to come on my fifth week. But should i go on my fifth week or sixth week? I hope to be able to see something during my scan.

Tiara, 5th week will be okay. You go google "5 weeks ultrasound". At 5 weeks, you will get to see a sac and maybe even a tiny embryo if your gyane's ultrasound machine is powerful enough.

for me, i will prefer to go at 8 weeks coz i really had a very bad experience the very first time...don't want to go into more details lest worry you all...8th weeks, heartbeat and all will be there...will set my mind more at ease i guess...

fairie2010, I had the same thoughts to go at 8 weeks. Then my hubby said will only allow me to start shopping after confirming with gynae! So I brought it earlier to 6 weeks. Haha!

starrymommy, understand your excitement... what do you intend to shop for by the way? hee... i haven't thought about it though..coz was thinking can wear my girl's baby clothes...unisex..except for some pinks..hee

Wah! Thank you so much for all those advises! Appreciate it so much! I would prefer to go on the 8th week but i'm part of the uniform group and my job requires me to carry arms and all. So all I wanted was a letter from a doctor to certify my pregnancy. The additional weight I am carrying is bad for back and whatever is brewing in me. So yeah, will visit a GP to get a letter later. :)

fairie2010, wah... I want to shop for so many things leh! For myself. Wahaha!! But first of all, I must shop for maternity dresses. Can you believe most of my office wear are getting tight around the waist and abdomen? And I am barely 5 weeks! Sob... :( Had a hard time pulling up the zip of my dress this morning. Most of my clothes are those fit and flare dresses which are not very comfy to wear when mid-region starts growing.

I've been eyeing Mothers en Vogue for a while already and itching to start buying. :p

Wah! Thank you so much for all those advises! Appreciate it so much! I would prefer to go on the 8th week but i'm part of the uniform group and my job requires me to carry arms and all. So all I wanted was a letter from a doctor to certify my pregnancy. The additional weight I am carrying is bad for back and whatever is brewing in me. So yeah, will visit a GP to get a letter later. :)
yup, that's good! better not to carry heavy items...hope they will put you on light duty asap :)

i just came back from meeting. wow i am lost in the thread!! gynae clinic just called...my beta hcg is 4210. she said is correct for dates but will have to see the sat results for the trend.

Wow! Thats really high leh! U r how many days post ovulation?

starrymommy, i heard that second time onwards mummies show earlier...than first time mummy...when with my 1st, i only show at 6 months...this time i think can see v soon...i also cannot wear most of my office wear...same..tight around the waist and abdomen...good thinking, guess i ought to shop for maternity clothes too! hahaha...got excuse to shop now :p Mothers en Vogue? not very familiar and sounds expensive hee...will check it out too...

Tiara, your job so siong got to carry heavy arms...no wonder you need letter...better start light duty now...

Just wondering what are all of your profession? hee... I'm in HR, this week i'm not so busy coz our big boss is not in...so everyone is kinda no mood to work :p ssshhhh

fairie2010, wah... I want to shop for so many things leh! For myself. Wahaha!! But first of all, I must shop for maternity dresses. Can you believe most of my office wear are getting tight around the waist and abdomen? And I am barely 5 weeks! Sob... :( Had a hard time pulling up the zip of my dress this morning. Most of my clothes are those fit and flare dresses which are not very comfy to wear when mid-region starts growing.

I've been eyeing Mothers en Vogue for a while already and itching to start buying. :p

Omg! I thot im the only one leh!! I need to wear all the loose dresses now! I used to be in fitting clothes n high heels so lotsa pple start to question me le when they see me in loose dress n flats....aiyo...

I oso started to shop for maternity clothes leh... asos has nice n affordable maternity clothes!

Eeznyl, apparently you are not the only one here! This will likely be my last pregnancy. :( And I am in corporate sales so need to dress up to meet those corporate clients.

starrymommy, nice clothes...i like the ones that can be paired up with my daughter hee but to be honest, i didn't buy any maternity tops (all given to me by my colleague) except pants and shorts. I wore my baby doll dresses also. think this time need to liao..coz i didn't lose alot of weight from my last pregnancy.

Back