Body changes

sorpresa

Hi all, I'm pregnant for the first time and at 17 weeks I'm seeing my body get bigger, rounder and fuller. I'm struggling to accept the changes specially since I've always been very fit and muscular. Any good advice to get over the "fat" feeling and feel happy with he way our bodies are changing?

Just remind yourself that this is temporary and after birth you can still exercise to get back in shape? Does that help? a miracle is in your hands so must think positive ya?

Body adjust to ensure baby is doing well. Frm now till u deliver, leave the looks aside n think positive. Baby can sense ur unhappiness de.

Jus make sure u eat right n enjoy the pregnancy!

Thanks all for the encouraging thoughts. I'm sure I'll gradually adjust. Hoping to start feeling my baby inside soon!

If you have been "fit and muscular"... do not make the mistake of "hybernating" throughout the pregnancy. You can still do most of the exercises that you have been doing before pregnant. Brisk walking is especially good - it helps with bowel movement, too! Others like yoga and even light aerobics and running could be continued - they key word being do what you HAVE BEEN DOING, what your body feels comfortable with. If in doubt, check with doctor. You need strength and muscle during delivery as well - and it would be much harder to regain your weight and shape if you choose to "hybernate" during pregnancy. Also, exercise some self control - avoid high sugar and high calory stuff - in contrary to popular belief, you do not need to "eat for two"... you only need 20% to 30% extra. Which is overall one extra bowl of rice or 2 cups of milk! 2 cents worth from a mother of three that is pretty much the same size before and three-after!

Thanks frog. I have continued my usual fitness regime (always listening to my body and seeing where I need to ease off!) and being a long time vegan means my diet is packed with good veggies, fruit, grains, nuts...

It is not that I'm ballooning. It's just that everything is going from taut to round and soft, and I'm not used to it. Plus having been very sporty since childhood, I know how easy it is to get out of shape and how hard to go back to full fitness, so I'm also concerned about how hard I'll have to work to get back to my usual self later.

It's just taking a bit of adjustment :)

Back