How to wash car seat?

Loraine

hi
any mummies know if we can wash carseat cover use washing machine?

anyone can advise how to clean Chicco car seat?

TIA

Most of the carseats have removable covers. So remove as much as you can, then make sure there are no metal hooks and of course, can dump into the washing machine. Normally we do this together with the pram cover to maximise the washing cycle

It depends on how often they are used, and whether or not you allow the children to eat in the car. We use the carseats daily, and I do not let my children eat in the car (except during driving trips to Malaysia). So, I would say the car seats are washed around every 3 - 6months. The same goes for the pram cover. If you allow the children to eat in the car (think sticky fingers, food crumbs, etc)... it might be a good idea to wash them more often.

Car seats could be breeding ground for bacteria and germs. Also, the food crumbs would invite nasty pests like ants and crocroaches.

A note of advice - Pay attention when you remove the seat covers... This ensures easy installation afterward! Most of the time, the covers dries pretty fast (within a good sunny day)... so no worries there.

Back