(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

As long @winnielove don't miss the lousy place! I doubt you will miss the lousy place hor... now you can relax and wait for your honey+babymoon! So excited for you.

thank you dear!

i am feeling excited too. but dont know if i walk much or not.
anyway dh is on reservist. wah will be home alone till sun:confused:

How I wish I can go for babymoon holiday before birth.
Seem like stomach getting bigger as I approaching 20 weeks coming weekend.

IMG_2704.JPG
IMG_2695.JPG

thank you dear!

i am feeling excited too. but dont know if i walk much or not.
anyway dh is on reservist. wah will be home alone till sun:confused:

if you like ice cream,eat more gelato when u travel to italy! i had 2 cups everyday!

And that's only #1 for you! Then you must be mentally prepared this time. Haha.. I am only scared that i cannot get my epidural. Gynae burst my waterbag in his clinic then i quickly took a cab and rushed to hospital, chop chop epi and delivered within next hour.
0clip_image002.png

My first was an excruciating 18 hours labour pain before she arrived via vacuum delivery. How different!

OMG. Burst waterbag in clinic? Mine is reach hosp than burst at 4pm+ than take epd than till 10pm give birth. Yours really chop chop. hahaha let hope this round all mummies will have a smooth delivery.
0clip_image004.png

Hi ladies! Been missing for quite a few days and read up here and there. Read your various labour stories too. Thanks for sharing them! It gives first time mummies like me a sense of whats coming...

Been having cramps on and off these few days so trying to ly low and rest. Good news is i finally begin to gain back the 3+ kg i lost, gynae visit on tues and i gained 800g, first time not weight loss, so happy. Then after that went to eat Korean BBQ buffet lunch with hubby lol. But at night couldnt eat anything cos lunch ate too much! Hahah.

Raining in Chinatown area!!

@winnielove, you should buy more ma ti su before you leave! :) I also looking forward to your holiday. If you use European skincare, can stock up at their pharmacies should be quite cheap. Also can look at the European baby care brands like Mustela, Bioderma Baby Care, Elancyl etc.

you order the fried fish ones... i think fried fish they used dory fish!

I don't like fried fish beehoon, only eat Fresh Fish... this is the Teochew ah nia preference. :)

I was exposed to strong radiation at the hospital. My mum was very sick at that time. She was injected radiation liquid for her bone scan. She has been told not to get near to children but no warning for pregnant women. It didn't across my mind that it could danger my baby atbthat time. I stayed with my mom for hours while she had strong radiation in her body. Then found out that baby's brain has damaged/ blood vein exploded in baby's brain during next check up. It was too late and nothing could be done anymore.

*Hugs*

Any1 knows how to get rid of head lice's eggs in a child's hair??

U still have to use head lice lotions, leave in the hair..for awhile..
Then use a very fine comb to comb throught. The lice, egg will stick to the comb. But eventually, is still better to use finger the pick one by one out..
Cos they tend to cling on to the hair. Make sure the lice and egg is not live. If not it will hatch..

Also check w doc or pharmacist on the usage on the headlice lotion, cos is a kind of insecticide, cannot use too much and too frequent. Especially for kids, cannot take it.
Then use a very fine comb to comb throught. The lice, egg will stick to the comb. But eventually, is still better to use finger the pick one by one out..
Cos they tend to cling on to the hair. Make sure the lice and egg is not live. If not it will hatch..

I left the lotion in my gal's hair for 30 mins then wash away with shampoo....after drying, i still see e eggs....shld i leave it longer as recommended on the packaging...12 hrs and its recommended to use e lotion again after 7 days....

I left the lotion in my gal's hair for 30 mins then wash away with shampoo....after drying, i still see e eggs....shld i leave it longer as recommended on the packaging...12 hrs and its recommended to use e lotion again after 7 days....

Oh don't follow the packaging.. Too long..
Doc advise u 30min? I think 30-1hr is enough..the egg may have die, u got to be hard working, the egg very hard to drop even after washing. If a lot, use fine teeth comb to comb through, then pick the egg one by one..
If u use your fingernails to press on the egg, if u hear a click sound, means the egg is still alive.. When u pick, don't anyhow throw the egg ya. If alive, it may blow to someone hair and this is how the other get infected. Best to keep your child at home.

Forget to update u..

@Summer_babe, I call up the nurse. They say the liquid doesn't contain radiation. Is a different liquid that doesn't cause harm... Phew... Scare me man..
Phiiuuu... thanks God it doesn't contain radiation. I felt so bad after told you about it. You must be so worried. Anyway everything is good now... enjoy your pregnancy.

Phiiuuu... thanks God it doesn't contain radiation. I felt so bad after told you about it. You must be so worried. Anyway everything is good now... enjoy your pregnancy.

Yeah, no prob.. Lucky u say, at least if possible lets avoid these X-ray and scan clinic...

U also enjoy your pregnancy ya.. Your mum and child are watching and protecting u and baby...

22weeks. Gynae said she's normal size. She even show me the chart of the head, body and legs all in normal range.
I tot finally got baby heavier than my boy at 20 weeks. His weight 420g that time when I went detailed scanning. Lucky he is not fat just long hand long legs and big head. Keke.

Had my detailed scan on Tues. My baby weight was 360+grams, it's within the average scale. Then I weighted myself at gynae's clinic. I gained 4kg after lunch. My gynae said I need to eat more. I don't get it. Why we should care about our weight as long baby's weight is in healthy range? From that moment, my MIL and DH keep nagging and asking me to eat more. I couldn't eat much and I am afraid that I more gain weight instead of baby.

Last edited:
Seems like quite a no of u had detail scan alrd. Stil waitin for mine which is ard mid sept. So anxious to noe hw bb is doin as nt much movement was felt.

I tot finally got baby heavier than my boy at 20 weeks. His weight 420g that time when I went detailed scanning. Lucky he is not fat just long hand long legs and big head. Keke.

Yeah that's what I got told. Baby have long legs. Maybe my hb and I are both tall. I'm 175 cm, my hb 188 cm.

Any1 knows how to get rid of head lice's eggs in a child's hair??
see doctor ?

the old school method is kerosene but not sure is that the right way :p
ok.

the chocolate ice cream looks awesome:D:D
and tehy are dirt cheap lolz
wah where you did so cheap? Mine was $1400..
not mine lah.. i did it at 1300. i saw in other forum .. mount E clinic is charging 850 now

sound gross to do that ...

at least better than bed bug i guess
Woohoo.. I'm back. Detailed scan everything ok. My long legs princess weights 575g ! :cool:

Now thinking of something yummy for lunch.. Raining make me no appetite
you are the champion ... most i saw is below 575g and u still can jog and run with that weight on you...
you are the "man"
I had the fish soup when I first find out I'm pregnant. Didn't know it's king mackerel. But eating once awhile should be ok la
i believe in eat in moderation :p i too ate as per normal ...i just had it yesterday ..creamy soup based nice !!!

Seems like quite a no of u had detail scan alrd. Stil waitin for mine which is ard mid sept. So anxious to noe hw bb is doin as nt much movement was felt.
i haben had mine ...so you are not alone
Had my detailed scan on Tues. My baby weight was 360+grams, it's within the average scale. Then I weighted myself at gynae's clinic. I gained 4kg after lunch. My gynae said I need to eat more. I don't get it. Why we should care about our weight as long baby's weight is in healthy range? From that moment, my MIL and DH keep nagging and asking me to eat more. I couldn't eat much and I am afraid that I more gain weight instead of baby.
huh? gained 4 kg and they ask you to eat more...i only gained 2.5kg leh... jialat
Yeah that's what I got told. Baby have long legs. Maybe my hb and I are both tall. I'm 175 cm, my hb 188 cm.

Hrrmm.. I am 170cm and dh 183cm. Baby weight 360+g. Do you think my baby is slightly underweight? Oopss...
wah both of you very tall ... baby height easily > 51cm at birth .. so no need to buy nb clothes..can skip that and go straight to 3months clothes

Back