(2014/08) August 2014

cannot give up! muz try to clear the blocked duct asap. what I did was to apply hot compress/ shower, massage, pump (can nurse better), apply hot compress, massage & hand express till breast soft. I'm also taking lecithin due to recurrent blocked ducts.

http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/mastitis/

I just took 2hrs to clear (not fully) a milk blister & blocked ducts covering half my breast. now still fighting to clear the remains of the blocked ducts. so so tiring. also very worried it'll turn to mastitis. at the brink of giving up breastfeeding/pumping due to recurrent blocked ducts liao.

Kopibeanie don't give up. I had the exact same prob as you in the past. It's a oversupply and pump problem. FS somehow cannot clear well for some ppl w lots of supply. So the way to go ard it is to hand express after you pump. Breast should feel soft w no lumps if you clear it. Need to check aft every pump. Very stressful and time consuming but no choice. It will take a few months aft supply stablises then u'll get less block ducts.

I tried using PISA and FS for no2, it helps solve the problem a little better. Less incidence of blocked ducts. For no3, I bought symphony, a hospital grade pump. It totally solved the prob. Super good suction and no sound at all. Clears all milk in 10min! I'm so in love with this new friend of mine!

For milk blisters, u can try using needle... Solve in 1s. But need to be very careful ya.

ImageUploadedByForum1409041443.799019.jpg

Baby Sophie says HI! Delivered on 20 Aug!

Jiayou to all mummies!
Take care and all the best to our recovery from the labour, our breastfeeding journey and getting our body back in shape!! Muz stay strong mentally and emotionally!

And to all babies - Stay healthy, drink well and poo well and sleep through the night soon!! Haha

View attachment 369212

Baby Sophie says HI! Delivered on 20 Aug!

Jiayou to all mummies!
Take care and all the best to our recovery from the labour, our breastfeeding journey and getting our body back in shape!! Muz stay strong mentally and emotionally!

And to all babies - Stay healthy, drink well and poo well and sleep through the night soon!! Haha

very pretty!! where did you do your newborn photoshoot?

very pretty!! where did you do your newborn photoshoot?

Hi Hyuain!
I did it in the hospital! (TMC)
They have a few packages. The photographer will do the shoot in the nursery so we just place order and pay in the hospital ward! Very convenient!! Wouldn't want to miss the newborn moments! Once we are home I'll be too busy to do any of these! Haha so chop chop all done in the hospital!

@baby_mummy
thanks for the info!! i'll be delivering at TMC too.. just dont know when baby wants to come out yet.. i shall go walk around TMC when i get admitted! :)

@baby_mummy
thanks for the info!! i'll be delivering at TMC too.. just dont know when baby wants to come out yet.. i shall go walk around TMC when i get admitted! :)

Hehe here's something to look forward to I guess? When is your EDD? Should be anytime now! A few more days left to go for Aug mummies!!

Here's the brochure!
You can get a copy beside Cordlife counter if I rem correctly! :)

ImageUploadedByForum1409043920.743755.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1409043948.259886.jpg

@baby_mummy .. EDD 31 Aug .. but baby like still swimming happily inside.. just saw my gynae yesterday.. did CTG scan for fetal heartbeat and no signs of contractions also.. haa...

btw, how many photos did you get back?

Kopibeanie don't give up. I had the exact same prob as you in the past. It's a oversupply and pump problem. FS somehow cannot clear well for some ppl w lots of supply. So the way to go ard it is to hand express after you pump. Breast should feel soft w no lumps if you clear it. Need to check aft every pump. Very stressful and time consuming but no choice. It will take a few months aft supply stablises then u'll get less block ducts.

I tried using PISA and FS for no2, it helps solve the problem a little better. Less incidence of blocked ducts. For no3, I bought symphony, a hospital grade pump. It totally solved the prob. Super good suction and no sound at all. Clears all milk in 10min! I'm so in love with this new friend of mine!

For milk blisters, u can try using needle... Solve in 1s. But need to be
very careful ya.

I have low supply leh. but I also suspect might be a pump problem. I'm using FS & seems like not always can fully empty the breast. but I'm unwilling to invest in another pump coz dunno how long I'll keep up with this.

I managed to clear the milk blister using a hot wet towel. juz keep massage & use pressure to force the milk out then use the towel to wet & scrape the nip until the milk squirt out. so so relieved when the milk finally squirt out. hahah.

Hi Hyuain!
I did it in the hospital! (TMC)
They have a few packages. The photographer will do the shoot in the nursery so we just place order and pay in the hospital ward! Very convenient!! Wouldn't want to miss the newborn moments! Once we are home I'll be too busy to do any of these! Haha so chop chop all done in the hospital!

nice! wish mt A had this kind of services.

@baby_mummy .. EDD 31 Aug .. but baby like still swimming happily inside.. just saw my gynae yesterday.. did CTG scan for fetal heartbeat and no signs of contractions also.. haa...

Enjoy the freedom now! Once bb arrive will be v busy!!

They only give the printed copies according to the package. You can top up $50 to get back ALL the soft copies (and edited ones). However they will email u all the low res unedited ones for selection though.

I have low supply leh. but I also suspect might be a pump problem. I'm using FS & seems like not always can fully empty the breast. but I'm unwilling to invest in another pump coz dunno how long I'll keep up with this.

I managed to clear the milk blister using a hot wet towel. juz keep massage & use pressure to force the milk out then use the towel to wet & scrape the nip until the milk squirt out. so so relieved when the milk finally squirt out. hahah.

Muz be so relieved!!! I always had this oh no not again feeling whenever the duct gets blocked or there is a milk blister! It makes pumping duration extra long! The best pump is actually our babies! So latch more! :)

Once u clear all the blocks, I'm sure the milk will be spraying into the funnel and down the bottles!

My daughter was like that too. U may wanna give her a little 八宝散 or little gripe water to help your baby fart more. My girl lazy to burp. Feel her stomach. If its hard and see her belly button. My girl belly button will pop out big. After the massue teach me to use cotton bud with a little baby oil, rub into the belly button genrly. . That is to release wind as well. the belly button deflate immediately. She sleep better also.

Thanks mommy..
Tried all methods and seems helps abit..

My PD is also Ang AT and she did do blood test for my baby 2 days before discharge and made him stay under photo light for 24 hour before discharge. I went back to her for followup check but I feel that she is always rushing...like anyhow do some check on my baby and only when we asked about this eyes tearing issue and blocked nose then she prescribed med...I will not go back to her after bb juandice is cleared...

Anyway how to resolve breastmilk over supply issue? I pumped every 4hr for 15min but the volume just keep going up. Like before 15min already reached 300ml and then what should I do? Replaced with another 2 bottles? But I dont want to drain my breasts too much coz the volume keep going up...then I tried to pump every 6hr...but my breast become super hard!!! Arghhh this is killing me!!

Anyway how to resolve breastmilk over supply issue? I pumped every 4hr for 15min but the volume just keep going up. Like before 15min already reached 300ml and then what should I do? Replaced with another 2 bottles? But I dont want to drain my breasts too much coz the volume keep going up...then I tried to pump every 6hr...but my breast become super hard!!! Arghhh this is killing me!!

this is such an envious problem. anyway u can use cold cabbage leaves or cold compress to relieve the engorgement instead of pumping.

@baby_mummy: I also delivered on 20 Aug to my baby girl at tmc!

@Pochacco123: that's right.. But for my case, she used eye power to assume baby was jaundice free..

Baby finally discharged from kk and will continue to be monitored when we go for poly visits. Much better than seeing Ang AT.

Hi pochacco, u have alot supply. My bb nw abt 2wks old (delivered on 8 aug), i tried pumpin out but vol not alot. Range 120 to160ml both side.. so hw to have more milk. What u eat or drink?

@baby_mummy: I also delivered on 20 Aug to my baby girl at tmc!

@Pochacco123: that's right.. But for my case, she used eye power to assume baby was jaundice free..

Baby finally discharged from kk and will continue to be monitored when we go for poly visits. Much better than seeing Ang AT.

@xpicks
Hi5! Haha we are prob on the same level screaming away bef the birth of our bb! I was "check-in" since 1230am and delivered only 12hrs later! Labour was so traumatic... had to be put on oxygen as I cant breathe... my preferred anesthetist dont do night shift and similar to your PD story, I met a terrible one who only listens and abide by her own "pilosophy". Was "tortured" by my anesthetist who put my whole body in shock by overdosing my epi despite I telling her not to... (Never trust bimbos... she has such a pretty face but terrible skills). She basically monopolises the whole night shift epis.... I really thought I'm going to die in the delivery suite...

Good to know bb is discharged! Home Sweet Home!

My PD is also Ang AT and she did do blood test for my baby 2 days before discharge and made him stay under photo light for 24 hour before discharge. I went back to her for followup check but I feel that she is always rushing...like anyhow do some check on my baby and only when we asked about this eyes tearing issue and blocked nose then she prescribed med...I will not go back to her after bb juandice is cleared...

U can try 2 methods
1) Pump for 10min or just stop after 1 let down (I guess usually its abt 2-3 let down in 15min?)
2) Drag pump to 4.5hrs intervals or longer but never after 6 hrs

if you wanna keep the supply, just use BIGGER bottles! heh!

Clearing less and dragging pump intervals will reduce supply. That's the method we use to stop supply gradually instead of taking med.
Yup hehe the rock hard breasts is sooo irritating BUT yes it's a good prob! Our supply will drop gradually. Freeze your milk and keep for rainy days or when you travel for a short getaway without baby!

@xpicks
Hi5! Haha we are prob on the same level screaming away bef the birth of our bb! I was "check-in" since 1230am and delivered only 12hrs later! Labour was so traumatic... had to be put on oxygen as I cant breathe... my preferred anesthetist dont do night shift and similar to your PD story, I met a terrible one who only listens and abide by her own "pilosophy". Was "tortured" by my anesthetist who put my whole body in shock by overdosing my epi despite I telling her not to... (Never trust bimbos... she has such a pretty face but terrible skills). She basically monopolises the whole night shift epis.... I really thought I'm going to die in the delivery suite...

Good to know bb is discharged! Home Sweet Home!

Haha I was inside the labour ward from about 1am.. Mine was induced labour. I only delivered at 6pm. My anesthetist was awesome though. Haha.. Every aspect was great except for PD. A lesson for me to learn.. Choose a PD and not let the hospital assign me one.

Haha I was inside the labour ward from about 1am.. Mine was induced labour. I only delivered at 6pm. My anesthetist was awesome though. Haha.. Every aspect was great except for PD. A lesson for me to learn.. Choose a PD and not let the hospital assign me one.

Wow! U are in longer than me!! Who was your anesthetist? I shd have gotten yours!! Hospital assign for me loh! So suffered too! Luckily the sister came over to do service recovery! It's my 3rd labour leh! And it took even longer than my 2nd one! Haha I think I was so traumatised till the labour halted! Aft my gynae came things move v fast! Dilation from 6cm to delivery was 10min! But the long labour really saps up all my energy! Took a few days to recover!

How's baby today? Nice to have bb home to cuddle ya? Rainy day! No sun to sun our babies!!

Hi all. I've finally gave birth on 26 Aug. tried 16 hrs of labour for natural birth but cervix only dilated 6 cm. so end up with emergency c-section. :)

Congrats!!!!
Wow 16hrs! U must be so tired too! Rest well and catch as much rest as possible bef discharge!

I think to reduce ur supply, u can pump less. And every time u pump, don't pump till empty. Just pump to reduce the engorgement.

Wow! U are in longer than me!! Who was your anesthetist? I shd have gotten yours!! Hospital assign for me loh! So suffered too! Luckily the sister came over to do service recovery! It's my 3rd labour leh! And it took even longer than my 2nd one! Haha I think I was so traumatised till the labour halted! Aft my gynae came things move v fast! Dilation from 6cm to delivery was 10min! But the long labour really saps up all my energy! Took a few days to recover!

How's baby today? Nice to have bb home to cuddle ya? Rainy day! No sun to sun our babies!!

My anesthetist was Yvonne Lim. She's awesome. Only took 2 minutes and I was in heaven.. Haha. Baby's doing well, managed to sleep when the nurse took her blood to test for jaundice. Continue to monitor her..

Have a great day with ur baby too!

Hyuain, me too. Edd 29aug. Baby seem to be very comfy in me and don't wana come out.
How long can we keep baby in tummy? 42wks max? Hmmm...... Everyday is a waiting game.

But I'm having Braxton hicks and some brown discharge yesterday. Just no real contractions.

Do your babies sleep much? My boy turns 2 weeks today. He has been refusing his afternoon sleep after every feed since the start of this week. So I have to nurse him almost every hour in the afternoon!

But he sleeps long stretches after his evening bath.. But in the afternoon, once we put him down he wants more milk. He has dark eye rings already.. Hawhaw.

mine was estimated 3.2kg @ 38 weeks.. dr didnt check the weight at 39 weeks.. only did ctg scan and check the water level...

mine was estimated 3.2kg @ 38 weeks.. dr didnt check the weight at 39 weeks.. only did ctg scan and check the water level...

Mine was estimated 3.4kg at 38 weeks.. So gynae immediately planned for induced labour 2 days later. Baby was out at 3.285kg. :)

I am 1 day overdue. Yesterday gynae checked and I am only 1cm dilated. Did a membrane sweep in hoping that will speed up labour. Baby estimate 2.9kg and my water level is low but not low low. So he ask me to admit Tml night for induction. He didn't want to wait.

I have been wearing pad for the longest period of my life. How long will this last? Any mummies stop their after birth bloody discharge already?
Also for mummies with varginal birth, how long did it take for u to sit normally without pain at all like in the past? I still feel slight pain when sitting down after 1wk!

I have been wearing pad for the longest period of my life. How long will this last? Any mummies stop their after birth bloody discharge already?
Also for mummies with varginal birth, how long did it take for u to sit normally without pain at all like in the past? I still feel slight pain when sitting down after 1wk!
I didn't have any problems at all.. 2nd day after delivery I started sitting normally, though I felt a little sore.. think the soreness lasted one week? I'm fine now and I think the stitches are gone.. I hardly bleed much too!! I think my gynae's stitching skills are awesome!

Still on and off bleeding after 2 weeks!

It took me slightly longer than a week to be comfortable sitting down. Now totally no pain already. I think it was more a psychological thing earlier on. Didn't dare to sit down on toilet bowl etc...

I had no pain since second day in the hospital. I think is the gynae excellent stitching skills. I'm still having some intermittent bleeding. Gynae said will take 4-6- weeks to clear. I'm at week 3 going 4 post partum now

Mine was csect. Bloody discharge lasted for 2 weeks...was abit worried initially coz everywhere on the web says should be 1 week. Now it turns to brownish discharge so womb is healing I supposed...

I am 1 day overdue. Yesterday gynae checked and I am only 1cm dilated. Did a membrane sweep in hoping that will speed up labour. Baby estimate 2.9kg and my water level is low but not low low. So he ask me to admit Tml night for induction. He didn't want to wait.
Smooth delivery!

Today is D17. I think I stopped bleeding alr cos no stains in my pad since last nite shower! Gotta observe for abit more.

I felt soreness at the stitches for abt a week or more... Probably d10 also not afraid to sit, b4 that I will adjust my weight a few times b4 fully sitting down...

I used pain relief like painkillers till abt d5, and antiseptic / anesthetic solution to abt d7...

I think the post natal massage helped to remove a lot of blood clots. After session 3, I kinda 'gave birth' to a massive blood clot and after that it's just light flow all the way...

Anyway, anyone has any idea when to start sleep training?

My bb wakes abt 2hrly for night feeds and after feed doesn't go back to sleep. My CL taking care so I'm not 100% sure of the timing but roughly it's lidat.

He sleeps more in the day and lesser at night! I can't imagine having to take care of him in the night after CL leaves... Btw, BB sleeps w CL in another room and she doesn't off the lights so that bb will not b 'pampered' to only sleep in darkness... But I know he needs to learn day and night, this sleeping with lights on doesn't help him I think...

Anyone has any experience or guide I can follow?

Hi pochacco, u have alot supply. My bb nw abt 2wks old (delivered on 8 aug), i tried pumpin out but vol not alot. Range 120 to160ml both side.. so hw to have more milk. What u eat or drink?
Hey our delivery date is the same haha...nothing much leh my diet...just fish/chicken soup and fish/chicken with rice every meal...I think drink more fluid plus consistent pumping (till your breasts are drained) will get more supply...but oversupply is not fun also...better to keep the milk supply just enough to cover bb's demand :D

Thanks all! Instead of admitting for induction tml, I have admitted as I having contraction since 4am. However now only 3cm dilate... guess it will b a long wait....

Thanks all! Instead of admitting for induction tml, I have admitted as I having contraction since 4am. However now only 3cm dilate... guess it will b a long wait....

It would be over b4 you know it! Walk around if you can, cos I think it helped me. I was 9cm when I reached hosp after contractions started at 2am.
Jiayou Jiayou!!

I had heavy bleeding for 3 weeks. now at 5 weeks still having brown discharge. don't worry it will stop eventually.

@limsbaby
@Pochacco123

Both of you are doing way better than me. I'm averaging 100ml 3hrly. My baby is taking abt 80ml 2.5-3hrly... I think it has to do with cup size cos my boobs can only hold max abt 130ml and I feel like bursting alr...

Will note to drink more water in between and might increase frequency to 2-2.5hrly if bb needs... Washing and sterilizing pump equipment is v tiring to do >8time a day. Now still have CL to help...

Anyway, anyone has any idea when to start sleep training?

My bb wakes abt 2hrly for night feeds and after feed doesn't go back to sleep. My CL taking care so I'm not 100% sure of the timing but roughly it's lidat.

He sleeps more in the day and lesser at night! I can't imagine having to take care of him in the night after CL leaves... Btw, BB sleeps w CL in another room and she doesn't off the lights so that bb will not b 'pampered' to only sleep in darkness... But I know he needs to learn day and night, this sleeping with lights on doesn't help him I think...

Anyone has any experience or guide I can follow?

mine now also sleep more in the day & wake up every 1-2hr for feeding in the night.

for my #1 I didn't really sleep train him. I just let nature takes it's course & it will get better as time goes. btw my #1 is a very bad/fussy sleeper, need to carry then can sleep kind. for first 3mths he was waking up every 1-2hrs, then 2-3hrs till 6mths, then 3-4hrs till 8-10mths, twice a night till 1yo, then once a night even now at 2.5yo. but few things I did helped:
1) keep room bright with ambient noise during day, but keep room dark (with a small night light) & play soft lullaby music during night.
2) let him sleep on bouncer/yaolan during the day & bed at night (don't want him to get dependent on the yaolan).
3) at the start I had to stand & carry, rock, sing song to him for 2hrs before putting him down to bed every night. then I slowly cut short the time I spent standing & carrying, to more of sitting & carrying, till finally no need stand & carry, till finally no need sit & carry, till finally can just pat pat him & he'll sleep.

takes lots & lots of energy & patience. but good thing it helped me shed my pregnancy weight. hahah.

mine now also sleep more in the day & wake up every 1-2hr for feeding in the night.

for my #1 I didn't really sleep train him. I just let nature takes it's course & it will get better as time goes. btw my #1 is a very bad/fussy sleeper, need to carry then can sleep kind. for first 3mths he was waking up every 1-2hrs, then 2-3hrs till 6mths, then 3-4hrs till 8-10mths, twice a night till 1yo, then once a night even now at 2.5yo. but few things I did helped:
1) keep room bright with ambient noise during day, but keep room dark (with a small night light) & play soft lullaby music during night.
2) let him sleep on bouncer/yaolan during the day & bed at night (don't want him to get dependent on the yaolan).
3) at the start I had to stand & carry, rock, sing song to him for 2hrs before putting him down to bed every night. then I slowly cut short the time I spent standing & carrying, to more of sitting & carrying, till finally no need stand & carry, till finally no need sit & carry, till finally can just pat pat him & he'll sleep.

takes lots & lots of energy & patience. but good thing it helped me shed my pregnancy weight. hahah.

My LO also same. Awake for a couple of hrs iñ the middle of the night. My CL wrote down all the feeding and poo poo time in a book.

Kopibeanie, my #01 is 2yrs 3months old. And till now he also still wake up for milk for at least 1 or 2times. Dont know how to wean him off.

Back