IVF/ICSI Support Group

Don't wait till heavy flow. As long as light flow starts you need to call hospital. You should call today. Likely the first visit is tomorrow if not Sat.

Yes @pigletlyn.. as long as it's not spotting and it's cnfm AF, you can call.. U dunida walk in.. Call the IVFC to report AF arrival.. They'll tell you what to do next..

Hi Eeznyl meimei. I have some questions on BCC can I ask you? (I’m considering to see him but I need to prepare a full report before I discuss with my hubby. Hee).

I have had seen 2 sinsehs before. Their medicine are ready on the go one. Also did acupuncture with both. Since I’ve seen TCM before so I kinda know what to expect in a way but I like to know more about BCC style.

1/ Does he do acu or purely read pulse and prescribe self-boiled potion?
2/ Does he speak English or purely Mandarin?
3/ Does he read medical reports/etc?
4/ For me I will visit on weekday to catch early bird timing. What’s the best time to arrive? (assuming you’ve visited him on those timing before). Waiting time how long?
5/ How much is per visit? (presuming I’m seeing him bi-weekly)

That’s all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help.

Hi Eeznyl meimei. I have some questions on BCC can I ask you? (I’m considering to see him but I need to prepare a full report before I discuss with my hubby. Hee).

I have had seen 2 sinsehs before. Their medicine are ready on the go one. Also did acupuncture with both. Since I’ve seen TCM before so I kinda know what to expect in a way but I like to know more about BCC style.

1/ Does he do acu or purely read pulse and prescribe self-boiled potion?
2/ Does he speak English or purely Mandarin?
3/ Does he read medical reports/etc?
4/ For me I will visit on weekday to catch early bird timing. What’s the best time to arrive? (assuming you’ve visited him on those timing before). Waiting time how long?
5/ How much is per visit? (presuming I’m seeing him bi-weekly)

That’s all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help.

This mei mei can help hahaha been a LONG time i have been called mei mei :p

1. Pure pulse and usual TCM (check tongue, eyes etc) for health signs. No acu.

2. Both. I am English speaking customer. Just bear in mind it is a really open seating arrangement and everyone can hear what he says.

3. (cant answer)

4. If you reach at opening time, there will be abt 5-8 persons. if you are 3 or 4th, perhaps within 1hr. Just passed BCC there are 6 ppl queuing at 945am.

5. He only charges for meds prescribed. I think generally around $100-150 for 2 weeks worth of herb packed into 3 or 4 separate packages to brew at home. His wife will advise which dates to brew and how to brew.

Haha... ron mei mei answer is excellent!!

Redvel, regarding medical reports, he has never ask from me. So far nobody brought along. I know some tcm like eu yan sang will request but bcc seems to know everything from pulse reading. He can tell my hubby morphology is bad but quantity is ok.... spot on.

Thank you two meimeis! Ha =)

My hubby is quite skeptical about going TCM now. He only went with me thrice and he doesn’t like it nor gulping down the medicine. He won’t be in it if I’m really seeing BCC.

Anyway timing not right yet to propose to him about BCC. He wants to see what Dr Sadhana has for us first… then I catch a time to discuss.

@redvel , you have asked all the qns that i wanted to ask! LOL! Thanks ah.

@Eeznyl, so did bcc meds helped in dh morphology? My dh also same issue.......

Muff, ever since we decided to go for ivf, he never tk tcm med.... the first time we went bcc, mr chan tk his pulse n told us that but we already know that from his sperm test before as we did iui last year

Thank you two meimeis! Ha =)

My hubby is quite skeptical about going TCM now. He only went with me thrice and he doesn’t like it nor gulping down the medicine. He won’t be in it if I’m really seeing BCC.

Anyway timing not right yet to propose to him about BCC. He wants to see what Dr Sadhana has for us first… then I catch a time to discuss.

Redvel, i get wat u mean... actually 4 yrs ago i already went bcc but my hubby dreaded it cos weekend must chiong to q n he hates the medicine. So we see him like 3 times n he gave up. That time we were trying naturally. But this time we go bk is desperately le... he nv complain even when we waited for 5 hours n oso because he dun need tk med only me... haha...

@redvel , you have asked all the qns that i wanted to ask! LOL! Thanks ah.

@Eeznyl, so did bcc meds helped in dh morphology? My dh also same issue.......
Hubby can see too. Mine won't queue so he never got to see him but i have a buddy whose hubby joins in the sessions and did see improvements in last fresh.

Hahaja but really hv to prep hubby that everyone in the shop will hear that has low morph or low sperm count

@redvel hahahah!

@ron8129 can die........ everyone will know I lost a tube and dh have low morph. Goodness. maybe its better to be the last person in Q, everyone is gone by then! ahahah

Geez now I’m holding back because I’m one who prefers to be comfortable… wait WHOLE WORLD knows my history so weird. Last patient indeed will be good. If I see someone at the clinic wanna snatch last patient with me then I know it’s you Muff.

Ha!

Ok la muff we see together. Don't fight. The most you know my story and i know your story and no one else that's ok.

Omg it's open at BCC? Somethings are very personal le....

Yes! Its open concept de! I rem the first time i go... i talk so soft as the next in q s sitting right behind me. But now get used le... u can hear those infront of u de... thats y i know ard 90% go ask abt fertility. .. haha...

Happy_mtb, you’re at kkivf for mid stim scan? How’s the eggie progress today?

Hi revdel, yes it's my 2nd scan today... today's scan result is slightly better than my last cycle
I had to abort my last cycle in Jun '14 due to no follicles simulated. At least I see some readings on the paper so meaning got a couple of follicles! So happy! Hope the follies will grow grow grow. They are still small from today's scan.

Rachelt, I arrived ard 9.15pm. Waited almost 2 hrs for the scan.... now another round of waiting in the pharmacy. Hate all these waiting. Waste of time leh.
I'm going to start an additional jab tmr. According to the Dr it's too prevent O.

Aiya so weird to be sharing life story with strangers behind.

TSB not open concept one right? Haa my criteria is must have privacy.

Happy_mtb, sounding good this time!

Aiya so weird to be sharing life story with strangers behind.

TSB not open concept one right? Haa my criteria is must have privacy.

Happy_mtb, sounding good this time!

Tsb not open concept but i can hear tsb n the patient talking from the waiting area too.

I find it so weird these sinsehs don't provide privacy to their patients.

Anyway, hope everyone strikes soon!!

Everyone, just to share... those of you who have chances of natural tries can read about this. Progesterone deficiency can cause either MC or failure to implant so it is important to get progesterone support if you have a low number even on trying natural. Get your progesterones tested on D21 to see hows the levels to determine! You should at least be 35 and above in numbers on day 21 of your cycle.

http://natural-fertility-info.com/progesterone-fertility-qa.html

Redvel...

TSB is not really open concept. ..it's in a room ..quite okay......location near Chinatown point..convenient.

One thing she speaks mandarin more... but medical terms she's still okay......maybe not so strong I feel lah.....no accu puncture for her...
She don't like other stuff , including LRD Tea , red bean soup lah etc...
She totally have faith in the medicine and us eating healthy ...that's all !

Here queue is appt based so not so bad.

Can see lee Guo huang photo in the room ...haha and lots of thank you cards....

Her medicine is raw herbs ...can buy the electric pot from them and it easier to brew... it's pretty simple ..

Overall ... she's confident and can ask her anything .... nice lady except sometimes mood swings. ..maybe lady sinseh. ..haha...
Hoped this helps.

@Miracle No. 2 I contemplated to go to her because I also heard alot on her mood swings. Not sure if I can handle that because I am already a very angry infertile. :p

Does she read reports?

Thanks for sharing and the assurance, Miracle.

So far the two tcm I went have private consultation room. But when we are in the acupuncture room, can still hear very very faint of the next patient. But at least it’s not like open which I don’t feel comfortable nor agree on.

TSB sounds a bit like my first sinseh Wu Li Ping. WLP also doesn’t believe I need the rest of the “nonsense”. Ha. Ya, like LRD, or other herbal soups/supplements. She says her potion is good enough. But she does encourage BBT. I speak Mandarin with her but she also understands English and some English medical terms.

I mean if I do see TSB, I should be able to handle her mood swings, if I kerna. The most I swing with her. Haa.

Muff..

But so far I have no issue ...I mean she don't angry or flare anyhow but if u say things like u know e.g can I go accu puncture aside from drinking the herb... then she will really be angry cos she's anti accu.

She don't like to hear us saying or suggesting things for ourself unnecessary since we are visiting her already . I think she just feel we must trust her since we are seeing her already.

So far I really feel comfortable with her cos her herb works for me ...

Yes she can read report....

Last edited:
Redvel/muff: most of the "younger" ones at BCC see him for fertility or ttc issues. But can also listen and learn from his advices. He's quite cheong hei tho hahaha hence why the queue is so long

Oh redvel ...TSB also requires BBT even in 2 ww. .actually hor...it's an indication too. .I notice the BBT very high....

This BBT is a must do thing for TSB ...every day record... every visit bring... then she will tell u which day u can try on ur own ...do ur own homework at home ...( make bb). ..

The chart is good ...u know ur body better too....

I've done bbt before and it's the same every month. I have quit bbt because i find it stressful and quite meaningless because my cycle is aways the same. monthly chart is always the same. I've no issues with ovulation. Even my fertility doc says I'm good with catching the bd dates because my cycle pattern don't change much.

So I long quitted bbt and i feel so much carefree.

Oh ..hmm .... then how ... suggest u do a mind map ... with pros and cons against both since u have an idea on both sinseh. ..
Then it will be easier for u to decide...
Of cos location plus waiting time I find its critical cos it's stressful to wait...

@Miracle No. 2.. Me same as you.. She dont scold or say me.. Maybe we're very "obedient" ba.. Hahaha.. Even when she put red marks for homework and we didnt.. She oso nvr say anything.. Think she understands ba.. Where got so much energy to keep doing homework every other day huh.. Lol.. Did u contact her telling her u're down and ask for advise?

Back