(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

I think i have slight fever, slight running nose and sore throat.. :( such a bad timing... mummies the weather is changing, do take care..

Do take care :) Hope u recover soon.

I recovered from cough very fast after taking chinese med. Midnight couldn't stand it, then took cough expectorant 5ml only.

I think i have slight fever, slight running nose and sore throat.. :( such a bad timing... mummies the weather is changing, do take care..
@verine22

me too, this morning wake up, a bit sore throat...dun think i 1 2 take medicine....only today target is to drink lots of water and hope to flush out the germs thru urine....:(

@verine22 @Tiffanytei you can try buying the honey rock sugar (looks like honeycomb) from hock hua and boil with one red apple (skin on) for half an hour then just drink twice a day. I did that for my LO and he drank twice a day (around 100ml) and he immediately stopped coughing. Whereas before that he was coughing for at least a week and taking western medicine but not recovering. This home remedy can be used for fever as well.

@verine22 @Tiffanytei you can try buying the honey rock sugar (looks like honeycomb) from hock hua and boil with one red apple (skin on) for half an hour then just drink twice a day. I did that for my LO and he drank twice a day (around 100ml) and he immediately stopped coughing. Whereas before that he was coughing for at least a week and taking western medicine but not recovering. This home remedy can be used for fever as well.
@silentlove

ok, thanks a lot, will try....now my throat very painful....swallow saliva oso pain...:(

Went my check up today,bbs weight is 2.475g,35 weeks/3days.my god im 75 kilo now hahahahHah! Im gonna see my little one in 2 weeks time again.[/QUOTE

Hi Rhonna, i went to see Dr Heng last evening too. bb weight is 2.535, 34 weeks/5days haha.. i'm also 75kg now.. :)
So you going for natural or c sec this time round?

Good morning.. All mummies seems not as fat as me. I'm 83.5kg whereby my LO at 2.7kg @ 34 weeks 5 days.

Now walking movement slow down & like a penguins. Getting heavier & muscle at calf start pain. :-(

If ur throat still hurts, try drink lemon water. Slice the lemon and put in water. I drank almost the whole day. And my throat is better.

Im going for natural again,doc ask me if i want epidural ds time i say no.all natural.hehehehe!

This time I wanna try out without epi too.. Hopefully my LO can cooperate, don't drag too long. My #1 I endure the pain for almost 10 hours before I opt for epi.

This time I wanna try out without epi too.. Hopefully my LO can cooperate, don't drag too long. My #1 I endure the pain for almost 10 hours before I opt for epi.

I dragged my epidural also. I took it when I was 5-6cm cannot tahan. But my hubby reminded them to keep it at a low dose. So can push. Lol.
I'm also hoping to do without this time. I realise one reason why it hurt is before my waterbag was burst earlier on by my gynae. Apparently it's better not to burst it so it won't hurt so much. But gynae burst it so baby can come out faster.

So this time I will tell my gynae don't burst, unless 8-9cm then still hvnt naturally burst I will ask her to burst it.

I dragged my epidural also. I took it when I was 5-6cm cannot tahan. But my hubby reminded them to keep it at a low dose. So can push. Lol.
I'm also hoping to do without this time. I realise one reason why it hurt is before my waterbag was burst earlier on by my gynae. Apparently it's better not to burst it so it won't hurt so much. But gynae burst it so baby can come out faster.

So this time I will tell my gynae don't burst, unless 8-9cm then still hvnt naturally burst I will ask her to burst it.

Thanks for sharing beac. i didnt know by bursting will make the pain worst. My 1st was burst by gynae and shortly i ask for epi cos too painful alr.

@beac

I was dilated 5cm by the time I visit at my gynae clinic but still drag too long. After 8 hours still at 5cm & my gynae suggested to burst the water bag. Unfortunately no sign of further dilation so I opt for epi after another 3 hours. Whole process is almost 16 hours.. Tiring~

@beac

I was dilated 5cm by the time I visit at my gynae clinic but still drag too long. After 8 hours still at 5cm & my gynae suggested to burst the water bag. Unfortunately no sign of further dilation so I opt for epi after another 3 hours. Whole process is almost 16 hours.. Tiring~
Wow thats too tiring.for me for my 1st one my labor was only 4-5 hours dn my little princess come out.i push it one time also.the technique is how u calm urself and the breathing also.inorder for u to take the pain hehehhehe.anyway every mommies are different.some can endure the pain,some cannot.

Im going for natural again,doc ask me if i want epidural ds time i say no.all natural.hehehehe!

Wahaha same here, my #1 also natural without Epi.. so Dr Heng said i should do it the same way this time round too ... but #1 is 2.76kg when delivered... Dr Heng estimate tis time round #2 will be ard 3.2kg.. i wonder can i endure for this time...

Wahaha same here, my #1 also natural without Epi.. so Dr Heng said i should do it the same way this time round too ... but #1 is 2.76kg when delivered... Dr Heng estimate tis time round #2 will be ard 3.2kg.. i wonder can i endure for this time...
My number 1 was 3.2 also when i delivered! Ds time maybe around 3 plus also hahahahahha!!! Goodluck to us!!!!

My #1 is 3.33kg so this time round no surprise if over 3.3kg. I think #2 normally is slightly bigger than #1 right? That's what ppl always said lah.. Hehe!

@Tiffanytei, u take care too.. hope ur soar throat dont get worse..

Mine get worse, got fever, headache, running nose and soar throat yesterday... today i start coughing already and running nose got worse..

My #1 was 3.24kg #2 was 3.19kg during birth. Both at 38wks. But I feel that 500gm isn't too much a difference. So long baby weight at full term around 3kg shld be a good weight le.

Last edited:
Me too... left 3wkends only. Looking forward meanwhile excited and nervous cos scheduled c-sec but just scared if any emergency....

Oh, I had not named my girl but shortlisted a few so shall only wait till delivery day then decide ;)

hi mummies, sorry to disturb, have this to let go at half price, brand new with bag:

Kick-start your baby's physical and sensory development withthis Gymini Tiny Princess play mat by TINY LOVE. This mat has a number of features to keep your little one entertained, includingseveral toys and accessories for exploring and discovering the world. Meanwhile, the arches on the Gymini Tiny Princess mat can be uncrossed and removed,making it easy to clean.

playgym1-jpg.372099

Ultimate baby activated developmental environment a self contained world of stimulation for baby's initial physical and sensory development
  • Peek a boo features, baby activated kick pad and rattles. kick pad plays music and sounds when baby touches or kicks it.
  • Large mirror and music to entertain and engage
  • Large play surface for more discoveries. extra large padded cushion.
  • Removable arches and detachable toys
playgym2-jpg.372101

comes with original cover and pamphlet. condition is 10/10, open to take a look and put back inside again. was a baby shower gift but giver did not know mine is a son, so am selling it away now.

retail price is $139, letting go at half price $70 for fast deal. collection at tiong bahru or toa payoh (sun). PM if interested :)

Honestly, I have no idea how. Haha. But heard from verine22 and my friend who was delivered by dr Adrian too, that he will upgrade on the day you admit.

That's nice. :) My doc charges quite ex and I feel that the service is so so only. every single visit cost me $200 plus. -.-

That's nice. :) My doc charges quite ex and I feel that the service is so so only. every single visit cost me $200 plus. -.-

Same here... Mine also $200+ per visit.. Doc very busy so attention is minimal and consultation very quick. He also sold us extra vitamins which we don't take... However, at this stage already no choice but to stick with the same gynae...

@leocub
Cardiotocography or CTG is a test usually done in the third trimester of pregnancy. It is done to see if your baby's heart beats at a normal rate and variability. Normally, a baby's heart rate is anywhere between 110 and 160 beats per minute and increases when the baby moves. Checking that your baby's heart rate responds to his movements is an indirect way of knowing if he gets enough oxygen from the placenta. The test will also see how baby's heart rate is affected by your contractions.

If your baby doesn't score well on this test, your doctor might suggest an early delivery.

@Tiffanytei, u take care too.. hope ur soar throat dont get worse..

Mine get worse, got fever, headache, running nose and soar throat yesterday... today i start coughing already and running nose got worse..
@verine22

Too bad, i was down with terrible flu & cough and inflammed throat....saw GP and on medication le...hope it wont affect the bb....GP said d med ok de...:(
over weekened, not even a nite i can sleep well, keep on waking up go toilet urine, and discharged lots of phlegm with serious cough and flu...
hope can recover this wk....will hv gynae app this Thurs...

I think this is the season for this kind of flu and cough, there's a lot of people around us being coughing.. .I've being sick too for the past 1 week too.
Need to rest more and drink more warm water. Cheers and get well soon:-D

@Rhonna

Ya, will check with my gynae this Thursday. Supposed to visit gynae on tmr but my hubby not free :-(

Recently easily to get tired.. Feel sleepy & both leg not much energy to walk for more than an hour.

Rhonna, thanks for sharing. Thats very useful. Will check with gynae this thurs as well.

@angel_loi, same same. i can't stand for too long.back & legs will ache. baby keep kicking me at night no matter what posture i lie.. urgh!! super panda.

My gynae will only do CTG for me if in having contractions or stomach is too hard leh. When you may be in labour type.

Your gynae will do for your check up everytime?

My #1, a male gynae at TMC did CTG scan for me at wk37 at a charge, was at yr2003. Can't rmb how much I paid.
(This gynae always say something to scare me whereas things wasn't too serious and tell me buy this buy that from him. And tell me bb too small only 2.9kg at the wk37 scan but bb came out near to 3.3kg) As I was c-sec (due to bb umbilical cord around neck) After that ask if I need to go back to his clinic for review or follow up or any appt with him, he said 'no, don't need' !! After my confinement, I then realised the thread on my c-sec wound still there. After a week, I decide to find a gp to remove it. It was so painful, can feel the thread like sticking to my inner but was removed forcefully. OMG, the pain was...so unbearable!!!
[Sorry thinking of this stupid gynae makes my want to rant..am so angry with him...@#&@#&]

Anyway, back to the topic.
#2 and this #3, current gynae. Didn't do this scan for me.

So I think it's not necessary for all unless got complication or rather different gynae perform differently.

Last edited:
Those who are feeling unwell, do rest more and drink more water. Stay at home. Outside lots of germs and weather super bad now, can rain and shine in awhile. My girl also down with (combo) flu, cough + sore throat today. Pregnant with heavy tummy already not an easy task. Let's all jia you together.. into the last few weeks le...

Me too feel tired.cnt walk too much,but still can manage to watch/support my hubby when he play football every sunday hahahaha!

Back