(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi Simiko, that's exciting! you are 4 weeks plus now? I am still thinking if should see gynae earlier or wait a little longer.

are u mummies still taking caffeine? my gynae gave me the go ahead for taking one cup of tea or coffee a day. just restarted my tea today. was a bit better in the morning but now getting sleepy again! (maybe post lunch).....still hoping for morning sickness to come.....at least i can be more reassured.....

i just realised (After checking my calendar for some work stuff) that 8th is also mid-autumn festival...ha. hope our beanies will be healthy and want to eat mooncakes...

haha.... our beanie wanna see us on mid autumn festival.. haha...

I still drink coffee everyday... but only 1 a day...

yah lor, so far only 4 of us! hopefully more will join in and make this thread livelier soon.

mummycoccyx, me too, on a small cup of coffee a day. sometimes just take half a cup 'cos can't really stomach it. first few sips taste so good but after that it tastes awful. my tastebuds are really going haywire with this pregnancy.

Congrats ladies, can i join you? Nice to ''meet'' all of you and it's such a coincidence some of you already know each other.

I tested yesterday using clearblue digital, it shows 'Pregnant', thinking if i should test it again, just to be sure. First day of last menstrual was 24 July. According to online calculator, due date is 30 April but i haven't got my edd from gynae so there might be a possibility i'm a May MTB. This is my second pregnancy.

I don't intend to visit my gynae till i'm about 8 weeks as i had a bad experience on previous incident. But yet dying to want to see the beanie. Anyway, Hubby just went on his 2 weeks reservist yesterday so it's just me and my 3 year old daughter now.

hi fairie2010, welcome to our tiny little group (for now)! :) if clearblue says you are pregnant then you must really be pregnant. haha! congrats to you! hope this will be a sticky little beanie.

Hi starrymommy, thanks for the warm welcome :) are you a working or stay at home mum? I've always wanted to find a home based job but no luck so far...feel that working has taken away my freedom to spend more time with my girl but yet got to work for the money.

So far, my symptoms are frequent urination. I can visit the toilet for more than 10 times just during office hours. It's really tiring.

Which gynae are you planning to see or have seen already for this pregnancy?

I'm a FTWM! really miss the girls when I am at work but I am also glad to be able to enjoy lunch in peace and have proper adult conversations with my colleagues. money is also an important factor since it is so costly having kids in SG. I used to be really guilty about working and miss the time with my two girls. however, both are in childcare already so I've also come to terms with it. :)

Wow, I didn't know pregnant at this stage will cause you to go toilet so often! my toilet routine is still very normal, for now.

I'll be going back to my previous gynae, Dr John Yam. 1st appointment on 8th Sept. really looking forward to seeing the little beanie!

Yes, i find it strange to visit the toilet so many times too...it continues every half hour to one hour even when i'm home and it disrupts my sleep at night. Doesn't sound normal right? That's why before i tested positive, i was suspecting UTI but then there is no pain or little drops only, the flow is normal. Other than that, I don't have other symptoms as yet.

I'm thinking if i want to go back to my previous gynae, Dr Soon Siew Bee at Paragon as I'm staying in Jurong and parking at paragon is expensive. Any good female gynaes in Jurong area to recommend?

Your craving is interesting, ginger tea but at this stage, are we able to drink tea? My colleague had masala tea just now, and i refrained myself from taking :p

hey, I am also staying in the West! that's why seeing Dr John Yam since he has a night clinic at JP. very convenient for me. don't know about female gynaes though.

oh regarding frequent toilet visits, I have read online that it is one of the symptoms and is normal for a lot of women.

some teas are okay. as long as not those that are too "liang".. ginger helps my morning/afternoon/night sickness. haha!

have you ladies informed your boss(es) about your pregnancy already? I just did 'cos don't want her to overload me with work during this period.

I haven't inform leh.. wait stable 1st lor... thinking of telling her after amnio but dunno tummy can tahan till then,... lol.. anyway my tummy is vvv big b4 preggy also... maybe she will think I eat too much... HAHA!!!!

simiko, I have that kind of piercing pain in the lower abdomen too! a bit uncomfortable, although it was like a split-second thing. and also having mild cramp-like feeling in the lower regions on and off. probably uterus expanding after having shrunk for 3 years. heh heh!!

oh yes, i too have lower abdominal cramps and sudden lower backaches on and off... Oh? Dr John Yam is in JP? It will be very convenient for me if that is the case. Which hospitals can he do delivery? actually i'm kinda shy with male gynaes and feel more comfortable with females but i've heard alot of feedback from my friends that guys are better. Is John Yam good and waiting time long? If there is night clinic, it is good for me too. Hey, starrymommy, who knows, we might meet one day if i do go there :p For me, second child but i'm over 35, so worried about being a gao ling chan fu.

I haven't informed my boss, wait till after 3 months.

Dr John Yam is a very nice and kind gynae who will never make you feel uncomfortable in any way. whenever there was a need to check "down there", there will be another female staff in the room. I find that very assuring. you can do a quick google to see what other mummies are saying about him. think all positive reviews. :) his practice is at Gleneagles, and can also deliver at other private hospitals. waiting time, not sure about now, but 3 years ago it was really very short. night clinic usually not many people. and within 10 minutes of waiting I would usually get to see him already. who knows, we can meet up there before appointments! :D

my colleague gave birth to her #1 at 35, so you are not considered too old for that! but she said she had to make sure to rest more as due to age, fatigue came more easily. she just had her #2 at 36 too, and looking very good.

wow, your colleague had her #2 1 year after giving birth? that's fast. Ok, i will go and google to find out there, thanks. I'm hoping to go mount alvernia this time, my last was in gleneagles and i had a bad experience with the nurses there. Didn't felt good being treated that way especially in a private hospital.

simiko, how about you? who is your gynae? :)

fairie2010, can share what was your experience like at Gleneagles?

I delivered my #1 at Mt A, #2 at NUH. had to discharge from Dr Yam's care for #2 as I went into preterm labour and was already hospitalized at Mt A. but if we had stayed on at Mt A and delivered there, the charges could go as high as $50k. so Dr Yam advised us to check out from Mt A and cab to NUH A&E. I delivered a few hours after reaching NUH. end up all the NICU fees were fully paid by Medisave. so hubby and I are really thankful to Dr Yam for his advise. till today my hubby will still say Dr Yam's a good guy whenever anyone asks him about this.

Wow, $50k is very high. It's really nice of Dr Yam to care so much for his patients.

I think i am allergic to anaesthetic coz both experiences, (removing of blood cyst when i did the surgery in KKH and using epidural during delivery at gleneagles), both i had the same problem of urinating. Instead of encouraging me, i was scolded and pressured by the nurses for not being able to urine after delivery. I could feel the urge but it doesn't come out at all. I tried very hard and with the scolding and pressure (one senior nurse told me that another lady just delivered, later than me but already urine, why i cannot?) it's not that i don't want to, it's i can't... they told me if i don't urine, i cannot be discharged and it could lead to uterus infection, this i understand their concern, but i felt they could have done it in a more understanding and polite manner, since i just delivered and was scared since it was my first delivery. I was very stressed and broke down and cry. I am utterly disappointed with the treatment Gleneages nurses gave me during that time.

Hope i'm not discouraging you all to go to Gleneagles, i believe not all of them are unprofessional, just happened that i was unlucky :p

Gosh, that was super lousy service! Actually I heard it is quite common to have some urinary issues right after birth. The nurses should really have known better than scolded u for it or even used a harsh tone in that kind of situation. :(

Mt A is really wonderful. Perhaps u can go for that hospital this time around. :)

Mummies! U all are so active today! Early morning i went to kkh do blood test then rush dw tcm at marine parade then rush to work... only now can come in! Need to catch up with the postings!

Welcome fairie2010! Congrats too!!

My gynae is Prof john tee Fr kkh... me n my friends call him uncle tee... So far kkh service OK but I heard recently vvvv bad again.. Coz not enough nurse... just yest wait to take Med n payment wait vvvv long... I do heard So far mt e n mt a service is excellent...

I have to tell my boss n section colleagues as i have a business trip this fri gotta cancel last min. I can't really hide fr them as they all know im gg thru ivf.

My gynae is Prof john tee Fr kkh... me n my friends call him uncle tee... So far kkh service OK but I heard recently vvvv bad again.. Coz not enough nurse... just yest wait to take Med n payment wait vvvv long... I do heard So far mt e n mt a service is excellent...

Simiko, i delivered my boy in kkh too by a female gynae... bad experience! ! Wont go bk kkh to deliver again lo!

Eeznyl, yah we've been very busy chatting here today. Haha! How did your blood test go? Any findings? Hope it's all good news!

Eeznyl, yah we've been very busy chatting here today. Haha! How did your blood test go? Any findings? Hope it's all good news!

Starrymommy! I too busy today if not can join in! My blood test is good... hcg is 1547. From 644 on monday... so its doubling in 2 days. Really thx god! Thx for ur concern!

Hi all!

I just got my bfp yesterday and I'm so excited! This will be baby #2.

My EDD is 1 May 2015 but I have yet to go see my gynae. Will probably give him a call later and see when I need to see him for my 1st appt.

I'm a little worried as I'm currently 34 so I don't know when my hubby and I are going to tell our family and friends.

Anyone in the same boat as me?

Morning mummies! I just tested BFP today! EDD would be 5 May 15. This will be #2. Am anxious and worried cos recently had a MC in April. Congrats to all mummies! :)

Hello ladies!! :)) Congratulations to all of you!! I just tested positive yesterday and will be due on 3 May. Will be seeing the gynae on 6 September. I'm a first time mommy.

hi mummies, good to see so many new ones in this thread. please pray for me!! i started to have some spotting today...i am soooo terrified. i just had a m/c in March!! waiting to see what my gynae says. i am already on duphaston since last saturday.

More new mummies, hello n congrats! I may be an April or May mummy but i like this warm and friendly group.Yeah i may go w Mt Alvernia this time. Hopefully, i dont get immediate bad headache for the whole day when i visit the hospital again, which happened when i was carrying my 1st child. Babymarian, u must b extremely excited being first time mommy :) just ask usvwhatever u r not sure about..we can share our experiences w u

Mummycoccyx, hugs hugs! Hoping and praying that everything is well with you and your baby.

Fairie2010, hoping that you won't get bad headache too! hehehe yup super excited! thank you very much! :)

wow! welcome, all the new mummies-to-be! :)

icecreamcony, your edd same as me and mummycoccyx! such a coincidence. I think it is okay to go for a trip. just take it slow and watch what you eat/drink.

tamcamwam, you are worried about your age? my colleague gave birth to her #1 when she was 35 and #2 at 36. no issues at all! both vey smooth and healthy pregnancies. just rest more when your body tells you to and eat right.

babymarian, congrats on expecting your firstborn! :) it's such an exciting period for you.

mummycoccyx, could it be implantation bleeding? any cramps??

Last edited:
No cramps. Gynae says need to see her today for scan and beta hcg monitoring. Had to settle some work going now. Spotting seems to have stopped. Hopefully can see sth on scan!!

mummycoccyx, don't be scared.. keeping you in prayers that everything will be well.

if it makes you feel a little bit better, I had spotting nearly throughout the first trimester with both #1 and #2. given progesterone pills for both times too. and with #2, I felt a gush of blood coming out when I was at 11-12 weeks pregnant. the blood soaked through my pad and that was when I thought my little girl was gone. but God's words kept me going and Dr Yam was very reassuring too. he wasn't sure what caused the bleeding as baby was still alive and kicking when he checked with ultrasound.

so just keep thinking positive thoughts yah?

yes i agree with starrymommy that positive thinking is important!!! don't be scared mummycoccyx, just message here whenever you need someone to share your thoughts and fears...we are in this together!

Back