IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hello redvel,thanks. U have always been so helpful in answering to my queries. Gam xia ~

Eeznyl, congrats,dunno when is my turn to spread bb dust..,didnt even have my no 1 yet,i am 5th oldest here? I am 37 lol

These rankings very cute. I just know I'm #2. The rest you all go fight. Hee Hee.

Rachelt no need le. I used my posb everyday card to enjoy further 3% discount.

Ok serious talk. Those above 40, have you done mammogram? I wanna do but keep procrastinating. Last night TV Pan Ling ling talked about her ordeal and i better move my butt. Anyone knows where I can do for subsidized rate? Polyclinic?

Redvel ... I am now admitted due to the bad cough , sore throat and am running a fever.... so just now they tested my beta hcg is 61. For SGH is positive. But my BT is Tuesday so wondering if need to re take. ...and pass rate for kkh I remember above 200 if not wrong...

Most prob will ask u re-test.. Mainly to ensure it doubles well every 48-36 hours..

What did doc say? Viral infection?
Good that they test coz not all medications can take, esp now in 1st tri...

To add on: congrat!!!

Congrats eeznyl! Wah who is ur 神医?can tell 1 wk b4 bt xia!

frenchbulldog, all the best for ur er!

miracle, dun worry too much, they will most likely ask u to retest. When is the last time u hav your shot? Think it shld clear out within 4 days. But dun worry abt bt, most impt is to get ur body well first! Use this chance to have a gd rest! Take care...hugz! n congrats! :)

Poor you Miracle! But then congrats at the same time.

Oh oh so this is 3rd transfer that you succeed right? Seems like 3rd time lucky is common. *praying my third works too*.

The number is pretty la. Will go up on Tue. Meantime you're in good hands and rest rest rest.

Hi Xiaomyang,

Yea mine still persisting. Like you say it comes and go like hide and seek. But now they are brown blood and not that many too. So decided to wait til my next appt which is 29 Aug next Friday.
Hi summerreef,

Do update me when u see the doc.. My menses now became heavier and I have cramps again... Sigh. Having menses for 24 days already... I am trying to book an appt w doc... Going for a scan regardless got menses or not.

Miracle2: still a positive! Good news... I think dr yu will ask you to retake at 61 bHcg until it stabilises.. rest lots and hope you recover quickly !!

Xiaomyang the af is so long is not normal :( Hope the appt comes soon with your doc. My gf was likewise your symptom. Doc diagnosed she had polyps. But she did a d&c and is all well now.

Hello Faith, redvel , Laine Laine , Ron and Irisy...

Thanks a lot for ur well wishes.. I don't dare to be too happy until next test.... ☺

Actually Lainelaine. .the pregnyl 1000 unit will be out of body after 24 hrs..my last shot was on 20th..so shd be quite accurate...

Redvel yah my 3rd try... again I will only be relieved until bb first heart beat...as you know my history...

Yes faith...I have virus tract infection. ..develop from viral to bacteria... coughing till lungs coming out....

I hoped I can rest well.... was dehydrated ..so doc ordered drip for me...cos said I am too dry ...wait bb not good...
So scary...

Xiaomyang the af is so long is not normal :( Hope the appt comes soon with your doc. My gf was likewise your symptom. Doc diagnosed she had polyps. But she did a d&c and is all well now.
Hi redvel,

Thanks for the advice. Do you know how your gf was diagnosed with polyps? I only had ultrasound scans so far and the doc told me no cysts nothing... But I dunno what test should I take to investigate? I'm with nuh, so I get all the standard advice and protocol... Nothing customized for me at all... I had a chemical pregnancy and doc told me long bleeding is normal but this is really too long hor. Sigh.

Or should I go to a private doc? Maybe sf loh as his review is so good here.

miracle, scared u worried. Yeah shld be accurate and will continue to rise! Do u still need to go back kkh for bt or sgh will do it? Better dun travel much till u feel better. Jiayou!

Polyps can't be picked up from normal ultrasound scan. I believe the test needs sterile saline water to be inserted into the uterus. Can't recall the name of the test. I've done something similar where doc found out I have fibroids. Likewise, fibroids also can't be picked up from normal scan.

I feel you may consider seeing a pte and get it fixed soonest. Or talk to NUH first and you decide from there. Better not to delay too long. I mean bleeding so many weeks is no joke. And if you happen to be seeing TCM or taking chinese herbs, please also stop.

Polyps can't be picked up from normal ultrasound scan. I believe the test needs sterile saline water to be inserted into the uterus. Can't recall the name of the test. I've done something similar where doc found out I have fibroids. Likewise, fibroids also can't be picked up from normal scan.

I feel you may consider seeing a pte and get it fixed soonest. Or talk to NUH first and you decide from there. Better not to delay too long. I mean bleeding so many weeks is no joke. And if you happen to be seeing TCM or taking chinese herbs, please also stop.
Hi, e test is called saline SIS scan(sonohysterograhpy i think).
I think transvirginal scan(TVS)(not sailne,but an ultrasound where they insert somethg to scan through bottom) is also able to see.

I have seen two docs before and both never advise me to go for the saline water scan leh... When I was younger I had history of irregular menses and also 20 days menses, but the docs (private and nuh) still never advise me go scan.. They just told me vaginal ultrasound scans show all is clear.

Yar I'm taking Tcm now...why must stop huh... Sigh maybe I'll call my Tcm tmr and ask him how. Very confused now, think I'll go private doc and ask.

Hi, e test is called saline SIS scan(sonohysterograhpy i think).
I think transvirginal scan(TVS)(not sailne,but an ultrasound where they insert somethg to scan through bottom) is also able to see.
Hi Connie,

Thanks for advice. Is the usual scans for ivf to monitor follicle growth considered as TVS? I had that and doc say all cleared and didn't suspect any cyst or whatsoever when I asked.. Is it possible that TVS can't see at all but SIS can see something?

Oh I was at a pte clinic and the doc scanned me but can't see much so he sent me to another affliated clinic where the fibroids were discovered. Or maybe the 2nd clinic has better equipment.

Hi Connie,

Thanks for advice. Is the usual scans for ivf to monitor follicle growth considered as TVS? I had that and doc say all cleared and didn't suspect any cyst or whatsoever when I asked.. Is it possible that TVS can't see at all but SIS can see something?
Hi, if e ultrasound scan that they did is they insert e scanning thgy from bottom instead of scan from yr tummy,yes that is tvs.
For e 2nd question, i wiĺl think so. Cos saline sis,they insert saline in and e polyps, fabroids if any will look more obvious. Sis can also see adhesion n cavity of e uterus. It cost $111 for subsidised n $250 for private patients for sis scan at kkh. N scan need to be done after menses end n before cd10 for kkh. Maybi u check with gynae 2nd opinion on y u still bleeding first then decide..

Xiaomyang is this the first time you bleed so long? Did tcm help you to regulate?

I think best to talk to your doc. Personally I feel we don't know what's the exact concoctions that go into the tcm medicine. Might be something that's feeding the polyps/cyst (if any). So that's just what I will do la. See doc soon ya.

Xiaomyang is this the first time you bleed so long? Did tcm help you to regulate?

I think best to talk to your doc. Personally I feel we don't know what's the exact concoctions that go into the tcm medicine. Might be something that's feeding the polyps/cyst (if any). So that's just what I will do la. See doc soon ya.
I got ask tcm tsb before, whether tcm can shrink it,she says she cant do much for fabriods? Unless it blood cysts n small, maybi can shrink. Polyps i didnt ask her.
I also wonder if tcm will feed these thgy to be bigger..
Better see ang mo doc for advise. Fyi, nurse told me SIS can only be done when menses is cleared, if got foul virginal discharge also cant do, cos there may be risk of infection getting in.

miracle, scared u worried. Yeah shld be accurate and will continue to rise! Do u still need to go back kkh for bt or sgh will do it? Better dun travel much till u feel better. Jiayou!

Lainelaine. I will still go to kkh for BT provided I got discharge... if not maybe take in SGH. ..but well the nurses here taking blood skill lousy de....poke me 8 times to get me to drip...so my vein fine...win liao...

Hi, if e ultrasound scan that they did is they insert e scanning thgy from bottom instead of scan from yr tummy,yes that is tvs.
For e 2nd question, i wiĺl think so. Cos saline sis,they insert saline in and e polyps, fabroids if any will look more obvious. Sis can also see adhesion n cavity of e uterus. It cost $111 for subsidised n $250 for private patients for sis scan at kkh. N scan need to be done after menses end n before cd10 for kkh. Maybi u check with gynae 2nd opinion on y u still bleeding first then decide..

Ok maybe I'll see how first... Is the SIS scan very painful? I am very scared of pain type... Even ET also asked for sedation.... Thanks for the pricing, very helpful to get a gauge of the damages... Will go see doc soon. Hopefully nothing too serious.. Now my hope to try FET in Oct is gone.. Better tiao my body first.

Hi redvel,

When I was younger like 10 years ago, before I was married, I had once or twice such long bleeding before but is very rare....I am on rather regular 40 days cycle after Tcm medication and acupuncture... Now haywire again after this failed fresh cycle... Ok I will stop Tcm first until I speak to my Tcm again... Will call to book appt tmr...

Redvel ... I am now admitted due to the bad cough , sore throat and am running a fever.... so just now they tested my beta hcg is 61. For SGH is positive. But my BT is Tuesday so wondering if need to re take. ...and pass rate for kkh I remember above 200 if not wrong...

Miracle, congrats! Wish u speedy recovery too! Im coughing my lung out too and dare not tk medicine. My co gp actually prescribe me med that might cause birth defect when i told her i might be preggy.

Hi redvel,

When I was younger like 10 years ago, before I was married, I had once or twice such long bleeding before but is very rare....I am on rather regular 40 days cycle after Tcm medication and acupuncture... Now haywire again after this failed fresh cycle... Ok I will stop Tcm first until I speak to my Tcm again... Will call to book appt tmr...
Hi xiaomiyang...Maybi e menses haywire after e fresh cycle...my menses took 3 af cycles to be back to previous before ivf.

Congrats eeznyl! Wah who is ur 神医?can tell 1 wk b4 bt xia!

frenchbulldog, all the best for ur er!

miracle, dun worry too much, they will most likely ask u to retest. When is the last time u hav your shot? Think it shld clear out within 4 days. But dun worry abt bt, most impt is to get ur body well first! Use this chance to have a gd rest! Take care...hugz! n congrats! :)

Iainelaine, im seeing ban choon chan at marine parade. He actually cfm my embryos have implanted on 8dp2dt just by pulse reading. So i went for bt on 9dp2dt n surprise that my hcg is 185. All the best for ur bt!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I'm now just trying to get over this episode asap.

Redvel, yup. This is my first fresh. So I was prepared to fail.
As my AMH is considered low, I was already very glad that I've got embies for ET.
Hopefully, the next round can yield more eggs for FET.

Sorry to hear that. Hope e stork visit u w gd news soon
Do u mind sharing what's ur amh levels? Am told mine is moderate low. 1.1 only, I'm 38.
Did doc prescribed DHEA to u?
Ahh, we are only prepared to have juz 1 fresh cycle, not likely to strike at 1st try huh? :(

Iainelaine, im seeing ban choon chan at marine parade. He actually cfm my embryos have implanted on 8dp2dt just by pulse reading. So i went for bt on 9dp2dt n surprise that my hcg is 185. All the best for ur bt!

Have heard alot on ban choon chan and i think its no BS. He really can tell if u r preggie juz by feeling pulse.
Amazing!!

Sorry to hear that. Hope e stork visit u w gd news soon
Do u mind sharing what's ur amh levels? Am told mine is moderate low. 1.1 only, I'm 38.
Did doc prescribed DHEA to u?
Ahh, we are only prepared to have juz 1 fresh cycle, not likely to strike at 1st try huh? :(
My amh is 2.1 and I'm 34.
According to Dr Tan from KKH, it's considered low for my age.
Before the ivf, he did tell us that we would probably not have any leftover to freeze.
And maybe only 2 usable embies for ET.
Like what he said, we really only ended up with only 2 usable embies.
Doc did not prescribe DHEA. I think KKH doesn't prescribe supplements unless we ask the doc for recommendation.
There are quite a number who strike on their first try! I just didn't want to stress myself out by thinking I will definitely strike.
But subconsciously, I was very stressed out. I couldn't sleep thru the nights after the ET. Kept waking up to go toilet.

Ok maybe I'll see how first... Is the SIS scan very painful? I am very scared of pain type... Even ET also asked for sedation.... Thanks for the pricing, very helpful to get a gauge of the damages... Will go see doc soon. Hopefully nothing too serious.. Now my hope to try FET in Oct is gone.. Better tiao my body first.
Its like pap smear for 1st half,2nd half they will do a tvs scan for kkh. U will get crampy aftrr e proc,but it will be gone by next day. To me, e feeling of proc after er is more painful. Sis still ok.not as painful as i imagine..

Back