CONFINEMENT LADY TO RECOMMEND

No prob at all :) yup you will need to provide your own mattress and 2 towels. 1 large enough to cover the mattress, and another for her to wipe u down. And also a pillow which your can use your own. Pris uses her own oils that are infused with lemongrass etc to get rid of wind and to tighten the uterus. She has several creams and oils that will be used on different parts of your body, and also the Jamu powder. I had a c-sec so I only started from the 3rd week. I took the 10 day session though it usually starts from 5-days. You can check with her on start dates for natural delivery which I am certain is definitely earlier. Her rates are 68-70 per session, depending on the location (coz she has to cover her own transport). She's v responsible and took care to keep my area clean. The massage is very relaxing, though the breast massage was painful as I suffered from engorgement during breast feeding.

My advice - prepare at least 4 towels so you can wash 2 on a daily basis and have spares for the next day :)

Hi Royal Bunny,

Just read your posts on CL and your masseuse . Thanks for the tips ! does your CL speak in EL??

Hi... I am currently looking for one confinement lady, my edd is mid Jan 2015. I happen to come by this Aunty Diana from JB. Aunty claims she has 20 years experience. Just wanna gather some feedback before i make a decision as it is my first time hiring a CL though is my no.3.

Appreciate any input here. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Hi Royal Bunny, I'm looking for a CL. I saw your post that seem like your CL is pretty good. Can pm me her contact?
My EDD is 27/3/15

I DIY my first confinement. For the second one I wish to engage a confinement lady. Then I got more time to rest and spend with elder boy. Last time DIY my mum will cook once a day or twice meal for me. But now she is taking care of 2 grandchildren, so I don't wish to exhaust her.

Thumbs up for My confinement lady that is with me now. She is very good. Her cooking is great. She really help me alot. Becos of her I change my perception on CL after my terrible 1st encounter on the 1st one I had engage who jus took mu deposit and ran off.
She not only helps me to wash my Little One clothes also she help me to wash my elder one too. Which caught me surprise. As this is not part of her job.
Her cooking is good. Always makes me wanna eat more. She helps me in feed n bathe baby and also cook for my hubby and my elder one too which is a extra mile she did for me.
She helps clean my kitchen after cooking and daily sweeping and mopping alternate days.
With her help my days in confinement is really more of a relief.
She is authentic Indonesian medan verbalise in chinese and malay.
Can pm me for her details.

My confinement lady is super nice and my entire family loves her! My girl is now 1+ years old and I have recommended her to several of my friends and friend's of my friends and all gave very good review. She is a very nice and humble and hardworking, patient lady from Muar and she is an excellent cook. If keen can contact me for details :)

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Sorry all I didn't know there were queries here for me! For those who still need it, Lan Jie's contact is +65 8258 7922. My Jamu masseuse's name is Pris and her no is 9615 9136. Yes she speaks English :)

Sharing pictures of delicious food that Lan Jie cooked during my confinement :) I ate so well under her care! Taking time off to put them into a collage because I think she deserves a medal ;)

Okay, so here is my poor experience. Auntie Chong (who sounds really lovely and is recommended in this forum) recommended me to her friend Auntie Gek or Auntie Ah Gek (malaysian phone +601 2772 8845), since she was busy. Her cost was relatively quite expensive $2700, but I thought since she sounded nice also, we would just confirm it and stop worrying about confinement nannies. My mother-in-law called to confirm her, and she said deposit is $500, which I must pay to Auntie Chong's bank account. In parallel, I was trying to arrange a confinement lady work visa with MOM, which required Auntie Gek's passport, identity card, etc. When I asked her and Auntie Chong for these details, I heard nothing back. I followed up, but still nothing. After three days, Auntie Chong called me to say that Auntie Gek had accepted another job. During this time, I has turned down two other confinement ladies which I had spoken to, since I had already confirmed with Auntie Gek. So, my warning is to be careful when dealing with Auntie Gek / Aunty Gek / Aunty Ah Gek (phone 012772 8845) as she may not be completely trustworthy. Also be careful when confinement ladies recommend their friends!

In parallel, now I have no confinement lady options, since the others I turned down are booked out, despite baby not coming for another 7 months :(

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have also 1 good CL to recommend......i just finished my confinement with her, her cooking very similar to the post by Royal Bunny and she is not calculative....pls feel free to PM me if you want to know more details....

Hi Royal Bunny,
Thanks for sharing. After reading your positive review about Lan Jie, I got in touch with her unfortunately her schedule is fully booked.

She recommended her friend 'Chen Tai', lucky for me i decided to do a search on 'Chen Tai' before confirming....

And 'Chen Tai' seems to be active in this forum...
http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/confinement-lady-chen-tai.110163/#post-7555109
Yeah she wanted to recommend me a friend as well. But I'm not keen on recommendations without reviews.

Hi, if any of you still haven't found a CL, can consider mine. She was really good when i engaged her in oct 2013.. now i am pregnant ẃ no.2 & will be engaging her again! =) interested can WA me at 96572467. take care & congrats on jubilee baby!! hehehe

Hi , my confinement nanny is caring. Currently doing with her. Her rate is reasonable and she is very good in taking care newborn. If anyone keen, can whatsapp me at 90222507

Pls be beware of this nanny from malacca +60 12 623 0288 阿英,irresponsible, unhygienic and very very lazy. Not only that she is very sly.. Took the gd ingredients my hub bought for my confinement food and cooked them for herself. We don't mind her eating but she's always doing thing secretly behind our back.. She made me so stressful for my 9 days confinement with her and made a mess to my kitchen n house.. She claimed that she had 15yrs of exp but a lot of things she did to my bb is wrong! And worst still she fed my bb water chestnut drink !??!? Lucky we managed to end this nightmare and now I'm so much happier without her making my confinement more stressful.

Hi all,

I have also 1 good CL to recommend......i just finished my confinement with her, her cooking very similar to the post by Royal Bunny and she is not calculative....pls feel free to PM me if you want to know more details....

ytei, post: 7552373, member: 168354"]Hi all,

I have also 1 good CL to recommend......i just finished my confinement with her, her cooking very similar to the post by Royal Bunny and she is not calculative....pls feel free to PM me if you want to know more details....[/QUOTE]
Hi hi, do u mind sharing ur cl ??? I m looking for one pls

Hi mummies, anyone here tried engaging CL during CNY? I heard it's more expensive to engage one during CNY. What if it's 2 weeks after CNY? Is it still consider peak price?

Hi, I need a CL urgently. Anyone can recommend me a good one? Thx.
Yesterday I called one of my contact she quoted me 2800 on norm day if CNY then x2.. And if twins x2 then x another 1.5!!!

Is 2800 for 28 days the norm one? Cos my friend told me can nego with her as I don't need to wash clothes for baby

View attachment 394077 View attachment 394076 View attachment 394074 View attachment 394073 Sorry all I didn't know there were queries here for me! For those who still need it, Lan Jie's contact is +65 8258 7922. My Jamu masseuse's name is Pris and her no is 9615 9136. Yes she speaks English :)

Sharing pictures of delicious food that Lan Jie cooked during my confinement :) I ate so well under her care! Taking time off to put them into a collage because I think she deserves a medal ;)

Hi, may I know were you able to communicate with her during your confinement? is she a hard to get along person? I have 1 princess at home at home so is she good at taking care of a 5 years old gal + 1 baby?

Hi royal bunny!

After reading ur comment on Lan Jie n also a few great comments on her, I got in touch with her immediately. Find that she's quite nice and lie down the terms n conditions clearly n gave us time to thk abt it as my confinement period happen to clash during 2015 cny. Mind checking with u whether u have any idea whr is lan jie from? As in which part of Malaysia?

Hi Sharon, do you mind share your experience with Lan Jie? Is she as good as recommended? I am currently looking for CL due in Nov 2015 too.
Heard of so many stories about irresponsible one that I am so worried.

If you could take some time in providing some testimontial that will be great. thanks in advance.

Any idea how much usually to give CL Ang bao? 开工and收工. Especially during CNY? My CL demand min $200 for 收工ang bao cos she said is usually doubled. Not sure if this is reasonable?

Any idea how much usually to give CL Ang bao? 开工and收工. Especially during CNY? My CL demand min $200 for 收工ang bao cos she said is usually doubled. Not sure if this is reasonable?
Aiya..... why got costing for angpao? Angpao is depending how good is she, if she is under your expectations, still give her $200 meh??

That's why lor. Haiz...CNY everything also ex. Wonder give birth also got special charges bo.
Ya lor.... no choice lah. We cannot make appointment with baby when is the best time arrived. Hahaha......
If u dunt mind nanny who tio ciu speaking, here I hv good reviews one, she is currently do confinement with another mummy in spore.

Ya lor.... no choice lah. We cannot make appointment with baby when is the best time arrived. Hahaha......
If u dunt mind nanny who tio ciu speaking, here I hv good reviews one, she is currently do confinement with another mummy in spore.

Thanks supernicegirl. I just confirmed mine recommended by Hui Feng Auntie.

Good confinement lady can make a difference in your recovery from delivery and also gear you up with great tips and knowledge which will help you and your baby after the confinement period. And I am one of lucky mom to have Elaine Teng from Ipoh (I-kare Agency) as the CL in our home for past 28 days. She was professional and not over-bearing. It was so obvious that taking care of baby is her passion for life!. She has been only gone for 2 days and our family dearly misses her already and thankful for all the works she has done.

Elaine is amazing because she simply loves baby! She is experienced with not just traditional confinement method and but also shares more recent trend or tips that she has gained from her long experiences.

Things that we loved about Elaine...

Food! Simply delicious and also well presented. She has prepared daily meal from Chinese traditional food to western/modern meals which our family was more accustom to. Every meal was well planned, not the typical boring boring/same old meal everyday. She also remembered my favourite food/dishes that I have mentioned over casual conversation and will prepare for me in confinement food style. She also cooked for my mom and my hubby and also never wasted anything!!! She took charge of the kitchen and baby stuffs as if it was her own!

And most importantly, Baby! From how she interacts with my son, I can see that she genuinely loves the baby. She never fail to pick up or attend my baby when the baby is crying or start to make noise expressing his discomfort, even in the middle of the night. I rarely hear my baby cry for long time and didn't have run to the room to check on my son. She was always step ahead, caring for my baby’s need day and night.

She is modern and english speaking and does overseas assignments too.. she has worked in Europe and SG for over 10 years!

Pls feel free to PM me if you want to know more details....

Hi, would like to recommend my cl here as I had a great experience with her. She is very experienced with newborns and take good care of the mother too. She is very easy going, friendly and loves baby. She is a grandma oredi,thus she is good with toddlers too. But most importantly, she is good in cooking of variety of yummy confinement food and very bf pro. She Evn make soups and drinks daily for milk booster.

She is available from next year 2016 onwards( full this year). But she is available for CNY too. So for the cny mothers,grab her before someone does. I had my cny confinent before, the cl is difficult to book as they are all occupied or some don't work on cny.

Call my cl, Auntie Lin for queries: +60133998255 /90185317

Cheers

my super nice ex cl to recommend for mummies....my ex cl come from malaysia and work for 28days...prepare all my food n care my babies(twin) well...tidy and clean cl...contact her if u need +60126905201...

Hi, I also had Elaine Teng from i-kare (contact number: 84248363). My first confinement nanny (for first month) was so-so (from Gladys agency). I changed to Elaine for the next two months, and my husband and I were very pleased. She is English-speaking. The most important thing for me in a nanny is one who loves babies and will love and 'sayang' my baby. Elaine was exactly that. My baby is a fussy/high needs baby who cried all the time from day one about everything (on the changing table, bathing, carseat, stroller, even when carried) so I needed a very patient nanny who could withstand all the crying, screaming, and kicking.

During the day, she makes breakfast/lunch/dinner for me and my husband. I like her cooking. Tell her what you like and she will try her best to cater to you. She plays well with my baby and sings to him. I learned a lot from her on how to take care of my baby. How to feed him, change his diapers, bathe him, and soothe him. It can be quite lonely being at home on maternity leave but Elaine is great company. She can talk about anything and have all sorts of conversations and interesting stories. I was very hesitant to take my baby out of the house because he cried all the time but Elaine was very encouraging and would tell me to take morning walks with my baby and husband for family time. She also encouraged me to take my baby out (e.g., to the mall), and accompanied me to help me manage my baby. I was very confident to let her take care of my baby when my husband and I went out for some dinners together. She would update me on what my baby is doing via WhatsApp.

Elaine is very good with her night feeds, very prompt to feed my baby and soothe and console him if he couldn't go back to sleep. Even though Elaine does all the night feeds, she is still energetic enough to take care of me and my baby during the day. For the last month, she helped me train my helper to take care of my baby (including night feeds).

If you want a nanny who loves babies, and enjoys taking care of them, I would recommend Elaine. She is receptive to feedback so if there's anything you don't like or don't want her to do, just tell her. If I have another child, I will get Elaine again.

Good confinement lady can make a difference in your recovery from delivery and also gear you up with great tips and knowledge which will help you and your baby after the confinement period. And I am one of lucky mom to have Elaine Teng from Ipoh (I-kare Agency) as the CL in our home for past 28 days. She was professional and not over-bearing. It was so obvious that taking care of baby is her passion for life!. She has been only gone for 2 days and our family dearly misses her already and thankful for all the works she has done.

Elaine is amazing because she simply loves baby! She is experienced with not just traditional confinement method and but also shares more recent trend or tips that she has gained from her long experiences.

Things that we loved about Elaine...

Food! Simply delicious and also well presented. She has prepared daily meal from Chinese traditional food to western/modern meals which our family was more accustom to. Every meal was well planned, not the typical boring boring/same old meal everyday. She also remembered my favourite food/dishes that I have mentioned over casual conversation and will prepare for me in confinement food style. She also cooked for my mom and my hubby and also never wasted anything!!! She took charge of the kitchen and baby stuffs as if it was her own!

And most importantly, Baby! From how she interacts with my son, I can see that she genuinely loves the baby. She never fail to pick up or attend my baby when the baby is crying or start to make noise expressing his discomfort, even in the middle of the night. I rarely hear my baby cry for long time and didn't have run to the room to check on my son. She was always step ahead, caring for my baby’s need day and night.

She is modern and english speaking and does overseas assignments too.. she has worked in Europe and SG for over 10 years!

Pls feel free to PM me if you want to know more details....

Wat is her rates?

May I know what is the market rate of confinement lady....was looking for one around 2.5k in April 2016...is tat reasonable?

May I know what is the market rate of confinement lady....was looking for one around 2.5k in April 2016...is tat reasonable?
quite expansive...my cl rate 2.3k tis year mayb 2.4k for 2016...from malaysia u can call her for details at +60126905201

Hi, would just like to know a little more about Elaine...
1) I dun think I can last not bathing for a month so will she help me to prepare the herbal water if I wan to bath everyday
2) I am veri choosy with food and I do not eat quite a number of items so I am worried about confinement food...is she able to cook well and can I tell her wat I can eat and she try to modify the confinement menu to suit me?
3) is she pro breastfeeding? I m not going for prenatal classes so I m learning techniques of latching n bathing n everything from CL

Hello!

Here's an update to my previous recommendation to auntie Chong. I tried looking for my previous post but I can't find it anymore. Nonetheless, if you're keen to read about my previous recommendation, please read it here!

I've engaged her to be my confinement nanny for my second child! I think her tonics and soups are so good and helped my body to recover well that I got pregnant when my first born was just 9 months. Heehee.

Many have called to enquire about her services for my previous post. Thanks for reading my recommendation! Feels great to know that people do read what I write.

To make it easier to read for mommies, I'll elaborate on more important areas

Age!
She's in her late 50s. No known chronic ailments.

Experience!
She's been coming to Singapore to take care of babies for more than 10 years.

Where she's from!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Food!
As like the first time, she continued to cook yummy food for me. I really like to have herbs in my food, which is the main reason I hired her cos she's versed in all these "herb" knowledge. Secondly, she makes awesome soup. Do check out the images at the bottom of the post. She won't cook the same dishes for days unless you request it. But I did! I love her mee sua with fish and fried ginger bits.

She does cook for my parents and in-law when they are over. Also, she cooks a separate dish for the hubby and herself while I have my confinement meal.

Pro-breast milk!
Auntie Chong is pro breast milk! She will make lots of milk boosting soups and food for you to eat. Using a mixture of herbs and wine, you can expect food non stop throughout the day. She does massage on the breasts if the duct is blocked. Be warned, it's extremely pain. I consider it as pain as squeezing the colostrum out. (Maybe my pain threshold is super low :/) For feeds at night, it really depends on you. If you don't mind fm or already have EBM in the freezer, Auntie Chong won't bother you and will heat it up on her accord. But if you want to nurse baby, then she will bring the baby to you. it's your choice!

Laundry!
She used to hand wash baby's clothes for me. But because I have an older child, I told her to just use the washing machine and save time to take care of the little one.

Household chores!
Like before, I wanted a nanny to just take care of my baby and myself. I dont't have a helper, but my hubby would help out with the chores. Auntie Chong would help to clean up the kitchen after she cooks. When she's free in the afternoon, she would help mop the floor or fold my laundry too. Basically she can help out in small areas when the baby is asleep. After all, the priority is to make sure the baby is okay.

Bathtime!
For the child - Auntie Chong would massage my son with baby oil and then bathe him. For first-time mommies or mommies who need refresher course, she'll gladly teach you the steps again!

For the mommy - If you have bought the herbal bath sachets, she will get ready the bath water for you.

Language!
She's Malaysian and her dialect is Hakka. So she can speak Chinese, Cantonese, Hakka and Malay fluently. She's not confident in her English but I think it's ok. She's had Caucasian and Indian customers, so if they can understand her, I think it's not that bad as she thinks it is.

Sleeping arrangements!
She goes where the baby goes. Auntie Chong sleeps with my baby boy in the baby room on a sofa bed.

Attitude!
She's very helpful and not demanding. Will always ask you what kind of food you like and ask you if there's anything you crave for. She's best at Chinese food, so she can't cook any other type of cuisine. Auntie Chong is not demanding that you follow her or the traditions. The decision still lies with you. For example, I had a bad case of stomach pain one night. It's probably too much wind. The next morning, she made me some ginger egg soup with probably spoonfuls of DOM. It tasted like hot vodka. After a few spoons, I gave up. So in the next few meals, she poured some of the soup into my dishes to mask the taste.

She's very keen to share her knowledge on taking care of children with people. My mom is not very savvy with taking care of newborns so Auntie Chong would teach my mom and I. And I'm super thankful for that cos we are super clueless.

Lastly, Auntie Chong has a cute little group of confinement aunties. They are like a gathering of nannies (mini association!). They connect regularly via phone and meet ups at Auntie Chong's place. They do call Auntie Chong when she's in Singapore but they dont't chit chat on the phone. (I'll be worried if she talks on the phone for long hours cos my mom is already very talkative and naggy). More of like asking each other how is she doing now and which part of Singapore is she at. Again, I feel that auntie Chong is also human and probably needs some social activity to keep her happy. If you think about it, she's actually alone in Singapore and working at your place 24/7. It's quite scary isn't it. I dont't think i can do it.

Ok super long post! I hope it's exhaustive enough!

I'm writing this post cos Auntie Chong is very dedicated in taking care of babies. Her children are doing well enough in their career for her retire but she still enjoys her work. I'm still in contact with her regularly because she and my mom are friends now. They go out together to do auntie things like shopping at Chinatown and to the temple.

Contact me if you want a good nanny!
[email protected] or text me at 93886999

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
Hi to all Mommys,

Can i know if a confinement lady is not found through agency but through this forum's recommendation, is it normal practice to just place a hundred dollars deposit with cl to secure her services for that period and based on trust to wait for her arrival on baby's delivery date? No black and white or not even prior meetup?

I'm currently staying with my in law so we don't have additional room for CL. So baby will sleep with us. Any suggestion how can I arrange for CL?

I would like to recommend my CL Elaine Teng too! I previously had another CL, but sacked her after 10 days of putting up with her incompetence. In comparison, Elaine was like a god-sent.

She has about 10 years of experience taking care of babies, and truly enjoys her time with them. She is a very detailed person and would seek perfection in every aspect of taking care of the baby and myself. My bath water is being prepared with herbs and ginger on time everyday. Every meal (breakfast to supper) is a surprise as she tries to incorporate variety, and they are rarely repeated. She's good with both chinese and western meals and would try to cater them according to your nutritional needs. E.G. I wash my hair everyday, so she would cook herbal soup for me to get rid of the wind. She also knows the type of herbs needed for different postpartum needs. Below are some pictures of my everyday meal :D

In addition to caring for me, she's wonderful with the baby. Somehow my baby always stops crying when she's around Elaine. Elaine has her own way of pacifying the baby- singing, rocking, soothing. I rarely hear my baby cry at night as she's very prompt with the night feeds.

All in all, Elaine has made my confinement month a breeze to get through. You may contact her directly at 84248363 to check for her availability!

Attachments

• IMG-20151018-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20151018-WA0010.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG-20151018-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20151018-WA0011.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG-20151018-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20151018-WA0014.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG-20151018-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20151018-WA0015.jpg