Support Group - Endometriosis and Fibroids.

Hi Mangoyoyo, feel like dashing down tmrw cos not sure whether can she helps in my blood cyst condition . Haha

Thank you so much for the provision of the number. :) will call to check.

Hi, I'm new here.

Jus a little intro. I have severe endometrosis and a 6cm endometria cyst. Did a lap to remove them in April this year and embarked my 2nd Ivf journey. AMH low reserve. Ytd was my day 8 scan and doc only found 2 follicles on my right overy. 6cm and 2 cm. I'm on very high doses of stim med. anyone here has similar experience? Very helpless now

Hi, I'm new here.

Jus a little intro. I have severe endometrosis and a 6cm endometria cyst. Did a lap to remove them in April this year and embarked my 2nd Ivf journey. AMH low reserve. Ytd was my day 8 scan and doc only found 2 follicles on my right overy. 6cm and 2 cm. I'm on very high doses of stim med. anyone here has similar experience? Very helpless now

Hi I have frens who have AMH challenges and 2 follicles is relatively common so don't be too discouraged as we only need one good egg.

Who is ur gynae for IVF? Maybe can discuss w him or her on options to increase the egg quality. U can also try to eat healthy to help ur ovaries and eggs too, like the endo diet or eat more powerful antioxidant stuff as ovaries love a healthy environment.

Hugs k this challenge is getting common cos of the stress we face daily. Try to exercise too to release the negative stresses. God bless!

Hi, I'm new here.

My amh is no good too. My first ivf on high dose long cycle. I only have 5 initially. Then up my dose to max. Suddenly my follicles multiply and the results is good. I still managed to freeze 4 embryos. However all at D3. My 2nd ivf also high.dose but short cycle..my eggs managed to reach blastocyst. Personally i feel if u are on high dose short cycle is bette. Your body will not be too stress with the drugs. Even i have good embryos they didn't implant. dont worry much...as long as there embryos to.transfer eventually you have hopes. Yours is long or short cycle?

Hi all,

How is everyone? I hope all of you had a good week.

I've been reading earlier posts and am very impressed by all you ladies' strength, resilience and determination, especially those who are ttc with endo. I don't know much about fertility treatments but I do know the processes are tough, both physically and emotionally. You ladies are very inspiring, and I wish you every success in your ttc journey.

I've been trying out the endo diet this past week and have failed miserably. I love my wheat products so found it extremely difficult to give them all up. Sigh! I've been eating more fruits and veggies though and have cut out soy. Hopefully, that helps in some way.

I cant follow endo diet too. I just try to cut down on wheat and gluten food. I try to chge to brown rice, coconut oil etc these super food. I feel miserable if need to change my diet and there is no guarantee it will help to curb endo. There is lady who suffered from bad endo bfp with endo in her. Its amazing.

Sunbelle, i miscarry one recently. do you think it is because we have endo? Not sure if endo will hv higher risk of miscarriage. Did your gynae say anything abt this?

Yes people with endo miscarry more easily ..imagine the embryo impant at Places with endo so cannot stay. So much depends on the position of endo. A lot of people with endo has bad blood flow to baby. Have to watch for that. dun worry, all is not lost. If I can get preggie, so can you.

Recently been stressed with work n projects. So will go for lap in month sept instead. Until all settle down. Yeah what I dun like is if I take too many HL, again, is penalized in the performance bonus portion. what to do?

Yes people with endo miscarry more easily ..imagine the embryo impant at Places with endo so cannot stay. So much depends on the position of endo. A lot of people with endo has bad blood flow to baby. Have to watch for that. dun worry, all is not lost. If I can get preggie, so can you.

Recently been stressed with work n projects. So will go for lap in month sept instead. Until all settle down. Yeah what I dun like is if I take too many HL, again, is penalized in the performance bonus portion. what to do?

Thanks sunbelle. Seems like so many obstacles for endo. I understand the stress of taking HL. I have taking so many times. R you doing laparoscopy? First time?

mangoyoyo, not my first time doing lap. 2nd time. The last time was in 2009. Did your employer penalize you for keep taking HL? Sumtimes I felt is not fair cos like I was on HL is when I did a D n C for having miscarriage. Totally disappointed ESP when u work so hard during the days when u are not on HL

mangoyoyo, not my first time doing lap. 2nd time. The last time was in 2009. Did your employer penalize you for keep taking HL? Sumtimes I felt is not fair cos like I was on HL is when I did a D n C for having miscarriage. Totally disappointed ESP when u work so hard during the days when u are not on HL

For HL i am not penalized. Only MCs. But of cos boss not happy. I agreed...the normal days i worked really hard. But gg for ops is also no choice. Lucky thing is I changed a few jobs so records are not accumulated haha. One of the reason to leave is i feel that the welfare is so poor. A company should not penalized on HL as it is essential to have good rest after a surgery. Not everyone is in pink of health forever. Don't feel upset about this. Hugz.

Hi ladies,

TGIF! I'm the same, already thinking of what mooncakes to buy. Seems like restaurants, hotels etc are starting mooncake sales earlier and earlier every year. Not going to think about endo diet during mooncake season!

Any recommendations? I LOVE mooncakes.

Sunbelle, sorry to hear that your employer penalises you for taking HL :( I think many companies are like that nowadays, don't like it when staff take MC or HL or childcare leave or even any leave for that matter.

Mangoyoyo, you are right, no one is in the pink of health forever. Everyone will face health issues eventually.

Have a great weekend ladies! My daughter and I were supposed to go for the NDP preview tomorrow but she's sick so not going anymore :( She's extremely disappointed. But in a way good too cos I cannot stand heat and crowds!

Hi mangoyoyo,
I love my job n been with this company for very long cos it provides work life balance.
Yeah so all my miscarriage HL n no pay leave all under the records.

Like what you say, surgery is unavoidable so proper rest is required. Yeah somehow I feel that the company should not penalize someone like having miscarriage cos double blow.
Health is more impt. I have a colleague whom jus sent to take out two fibroids.she also take two weeks HL. The greatest difference is she is officer level whereas I m the team leader so quite hard to be away for so long.

Pretty sian too at work sometimes.

Hi Kitty minky,

The orh née from peony jade is good :) fav although fattening haha :)

Yo kitty minky : can let your daughter go catch live fireworks next week when she recover.
Fabulous view to catch at Marina bay Sky park last week when my whole family is there for hotel stay :) love the infinity pool very very much :)

Anyone really eating salad everyday ? I mean to include salad in our meal. Jus had a painful menses yesterday. When all clots start coming out, felt much better now.

Hi sunbelle,

I love Orh Nee! Yum yum. Yesterday went to Tai Chong Kok at Chinatown to get mooncakes for my mum, but I didnt get any for myself. Wanted to but thought wait closer to the mid-autumn festival. Hopefully I can wait.

Wow you had a family staycation at MBS! Must have been nice!!!

As for salads, you mean salads as in those raw veg kind? I don't eat salads (ever since there was a baby cockroach in my salad at Dome years ago), but I eat vegetables (cooked) everyday. Or I try to la. I've also been eating more fruits everyday.

I find eating healthily really requires a lot of planning and discipline! I got to plan in advance what to eat. Then must resist when I walk past my fav snack shops.

My amh is no good too. My first ivf on high dose long cycle. I only have 5 initially. Then up my dose to max. Suddenly my follicles multiply and the results is good. I still managed to freeze 4 embryos. However all at D3. My 2nd ivf also high.dose but short cycle..my eggs managed to reach blastocyst. Personally i feel if u are on high dose short cycle is bette. Your body will not be too stress with the drugs. Even i have good embryos they didn't implant. dont worry much...as long as there embryos to.transfer eventually you have hopes. Yours is long or short cycle?

Long cycle

Kitty minky : hehee wait for the credit card promotion. Some gave good ones n also early bird discount. Like u, I m into moon cakes too. Mi likes all sort haha - no wonder I m so fat hehee what is memorable n happie is having the whole family to come together to eat moo cakes n drink Chinese tea :) yo, yum yum

Yes u are right not easy to resist our fav food. Is good that u have been eating vegs everyday. Hehe kitty minky : do you all celebrate the moon cake festival with lanterns ? Jia lat I so old still love lanterns haha :)

Sunbelle, yes I still celebrate with lanterns!!! Will walk along east coast park with lanterns :D And I still like the traditional paper ones with a candle inside. My daughter likes those gaudy types with the annoying music. I let her have fun with it on the mid-autumn night itself, but I remove the batteries when we are at home. If not the music will drive me crazy.

Nowadays, few people seem to go walking with lanterns leh. When I was at ecp last year on mid-autumn night, there was only a handful of children, even fewer adults.

Wah, you celebrate the traditional way with Chinese tea? Nice! I like all sorts of mooncakes too. But really very fattening! High in sugar plus some have lard. But then moon fest is just once a yr, might as well indulge hehe.

Hey Kittyminky : u live in the east huh? Mi yes near east coast park. Love those super beautiful paper lanterns cos they have special meaning n more fun. The tin is even when the whole lantern got burn haha :)

Seldom see people carrying the paper lanterns now liao - maybe safety reasons jus like I wun like my young kid carry fire stuff haha but I dun really like those battery type :)

Sunbelle, yes I stay in the East :D Marine Parade.

I don't like the battery type too. Very gaudy and the music really drives me crazy. But think kids prefer those nowadays.

Last edited:
Hi Kitty minky, very busy last weekend. Went to zoo. Haha surprised that they celebrate national day in zoo.

Tsf: think u have been trying to ask around for an answer. Let me jus share my views. Low AMH only means lower number of eggs retrieve during IVF stage. But we jus need one good egg n sperm to have a healthy baby. Dun give up. Wat did your PD say huh? :)

I have the same problem. Mine are blastocysts. So my doc did some scrapping before my 2nd fresh. It still doesnt help in implantation. Guess what...i bfp naturally 1mth later after hysteroscopy.

Tsf, I jus seen dr loh. He given me a 3mths hormone injection . Lap In sept. he did share my egg reserve will go down after that too. yeah so have to be aware of it.

Hey sun belle, seems we r in pretty similar condition. Also did a first lap in 2009 and did another in 2014.. Heh

Hi to mangoyoyo, kitty, seaturtle et al, u all really keep this thread alive. Hope all of you are coping well with this chronic. I also fail terribly in maintaining endo diet .. Only can try to do regular exercise ...and ttc..

Hi porky_pig :)

Good you exercise! I don't exercise but I had better start.

Hmm, I know spotting during pregnancy is not uncommon. Not sure if ladies with endo are more prone to preg spotting though, but I would think shouldn't be. Pregnancy is supposed to halt endo during the nine months, so chances of spotting should be the same as pregnant ladies without endo?

Hi Porky Pig, issit true that the 2nd lap takes longer to recover ? yeah jus wondering cos my gynae say more risk since it is the 2nd times...
From my own experience, I experienced lots of spotting in 1st trimester so I will think is true. For ladies with serious endo, more prone to miscarriage too. cos it depends where the embryo implants...

Mi fail terribly for the endo diet too. Cos sumtimes been mood swings then started eating all the forbidden food haha

Back