Natural pregnancy & raise our baby in the most natural way

tongtong8

Hi all

I am starting this thread to share information and experiences on all possible ways to raise our kids in the most natural way... from mama's pregnancy, till delivery, and post delivery. From breastfeeding to raising of our kids. From kids menu to natural remedies for the kids when they are sick. Everything to talk about so long as we surround around the theme NATURAL.

Any interest on any sharing?

I'm a mother of two. 6 years old boy and 1.5 yo gal. All delivered naturally without epidural. I raised #1 on organic vegetarian food. Same for #2 but she is very fussy eater. So she started eating rubbish now ( oh well!) I cook their meals everyday. My #1 , although is a vegetarian, is the tallest in class ( am surprised ). maybe he eats everything and he is not fussy. :p He didnt take western medication at all during sickness. All natural remedies.

I dont mind sharing recipes if there's any mummies who request for it? Of course please share yours too!

Hi all

I am starting this thread to share information and experiences on all possible ways to raise our kids in the most natural way... from mama's pregnancy, till delivery, and post delivery. From breastfeeding to raising of our kids. From kids menu to natural remedies for the kids when they are sick. Everything to talk about so long as we surround around the theme NATURAL.

Any interest on any sharing?

I'm a mother of two. 6 years old boy and 1.5 yo gal. All delivered naturally without epidural. I raised #1 on organic vegetarian food. Same for #2 but she is very fussy eater. So she started eating rubbish now ( oh well!) I cook their meals everyday. My #1 , although is a vegetarian, is the tallest in class ( am surprised ). maybe he eats everything and he is not fussy. :p He didnt take western medication at all during sickness. All natural remedies.

I dont mind sharing recipes if there's any mummies who request for it? Of course please share yours too!

Hi TongTong8, thanks for your sharing!

Just a short sharing from me. My girl's hand got stung by a bee last week! I quickly pull out the sting which left a hole in her hand. Swelling started and it was red.

Clinical grade essential oil remedy (done 3x in the same day)
1. 5 drops lavender on the wound.
2. 5 mins later, 5drops copaiba.

You wont believe it. 10mins after the 1st application, the swelling subsided and the hole was patched!
Dear Mummies, please note. Only use clinical grade essential oils.

As long you give your baby vaccination without understanding the risks rewards ratio and also giving them medicine whenever they have fever without understanding fever is good for them, most of babies are NEVER raise naturally.

It is not surprised children today are "weaker" than their grandparents or parents because of the above.

Hi winston

I remember you! On the vaccination thread. How do we successfully get our child to enrol in govt school without thr mmr jab?

Just enrol the child to school. The school will then inform HPB and they will ask you to finish any miss vaccination. During P1 term, they will visit school to vaccinate children. But they will ask you to sign a consent form. You can ignore the consent form. Nothing they can do.

Nutritious milk for pregnant mummy, latching mummy and growing kids. Made from Organic brown rice, red rice, pumpkin seed, lentils, red beans, almonds, black sesame, coconut sugar.

10517593_10152499518571380_792655356258836696_n.jpg

Agree with Winston. A lot of us mummies are very worried whenever our kids are down with fever that we neglect to ask ourselves why do they have the fever in the first place.

In recent months, I've been using essential oils on my daughters and while they still fall sick, I noticed that their recovery period is now much shorter and when they have fever, I try to treat the cause and not the symptom. This seems to work for my girls and I.

Agree. I use it on my kids too and it works wonders. My gal ran a fever of 40 degree. And I persevered. No one could understand how I felt when I was going through this crucial period with her without giving her any med.

Hi tongtong,

Thanks for this thread. I will look out for all sharings here cos I'm a first time mummy. Due in sept! HEE... previously I also posted some questions and doubts.

I will be taking care of my baby myself and Im really not a great cook haha... so far during pregnancy I just try my best to eat nutritiously. Next time will need more ideas cos I will be bf-ing too! Hope I can do it as long as possible.

So, now im researching on 1) newborns sleeping cycles - day n night, wad to look out for etc etc, and 2) what food i should cook or eat more post pregnancy

I love the milk u shared above. will try it!!:D

A fever (also termed pyrexia) is a higher-than-normal body temperature. It is a symptom caused by a variety of illnesses.

Every one of us has experienced the wave of chills and exhaustion that a fever causes. Fever usually occurs in response to an infection as with the flu virus or inflammation that occurs with tissue injury or disease. However, many other causes of fever are possible, including drugs, poisons, cancer, heat exposure, injuries or abnormalities to the brain, or disease of the endocrine (hormonal or glandular) system.

A fever rarely comes without other symptoms. It is often accompanied by specific complaints, which may help to identify the illness causing the fever. This can help the doctor determine which treatment is necessary.

Also, the body's defense mechanisms seem to work more efficiently at a higher temperature. Fever is just one part of an illness, many times no more important than the presence of other symptoms such as cough, sore throat, fatigue, joint pains or aches, chills, nausea, etc.

Fevers of 104 F (40 C) or higher demand immediate home treatment and prompt medical attention, as they can result in delirium and convulsions, particularly in infants and children.

Fever is usually associated with physical discomfort, and most people feel better when a fever is treated. But depending on your age, physical condition, and the underlying cause of your fever, you may or may not require medical treatment for the fever alone. Many experts believe that fever is a natural bodily defense against
infection. There are also many non-infectious causes of fever.

My baby girl 3 years once having fever 40.5 C for past 12 hours. But I am not worried. As long she can drink, and eat and behave normally, it does not warrant medication. My wife did give her medication once but fever lower only to 39.5 but went up again within 4 hours to 41 C.

During fever period, I gave her wholesome health food to enhance immune system.

As long fever never above 42 C, brain will not damage. The only thing to watch is Febrile seizures.

Febrile seizures are convulsions that can happen during a fever (febrile means "feverish"). They affect kids 6 months to 5 years old, and are most common in toddlers 12-18 months old. The seizures usually last for a few minutes and are accompanied by a fever above 100.4°F (38°C).
While they can be frightening, febrile seizures usually end without treatment and don't cause any other health problems. Having one doesn't mean that a child will have epilepsy or brain damage.
Treating Febrile Seizures
If your child has a febrile seizure, stay calm and:
  • Make sure your child is in a safe place and cannot fall down or hit something hard.
  • Lay your child on his or her side to prevent choking.
  • Watch for signs of breathing difficulty, including any color change in your child's face.
  • If the seizure lasts more than several minutes, or your child turns blue, it may be a more serious type of seizure — call 999 right away.
It's also important to know what you should not do during a febrile seizure:
  • Do not try to hold or restrain your child.
  • Do not put anything in your child's mouth.
  • Do not try to give your child fever-reducing medicine.
  • Do not try to put your child into cool or lukewarm water to cool off.
If your child is vomiting or has a lot of saliva coming from the mouth turn their head to the side to prevent choking.

When the seizure is over, call your doctor for an evaluation to determine the cause of the fever. The doctor will examine your child and ask you to describe the seizure. In most cases, no additional treatment is necessary. The doctor may recommend the standard treatment for fevers, which is acetaminophen or ibuprofen. But if your child is under 1 year old, looks very ill, or has other symptoms such as diarrhoea or vomiting, the doctor may recommend some testing.

Get help right away from a health care provider if:
  • the seizure lasts more than several minutes
  • your child is having trouble breathing or is changing color
  • your child looks ill
  • your child looks lethargic and is not responding normally
  • your child looks dehydrated
Febrile seizures can be scary to witness but remember that they're fairly common, are not usually a symptom of serious illness, and in most cases don't lead to other health problems. If you have any questions or concerns, talk with your doctor.

Hi, i am 2 months 1 week pregnant and not taking any medications i use all natural like for my b12 as i am vegetarian, also got calcium which is made from barley, pearl,pumpkin, i am not taking folic acid thus i am taking fruits and veggies in beverage types which helps my body to produce folic acid ( not taking folic acid)as for my omega i also taking something made if chia seeds and and kiwi seeds ..i am doing my best to raise my baby into more natural way not to harm me and my baby:)

What "natural" remedies are recommended for persistent phlegm in young children? My 4YO gets cough with thick phlegm stuck in her throat/lungs about once a month. This current episode has lasted 3 weeks. The first few times she got it I tried to avoid medication but she was almost hospitalised so now I medicate immediately, but i prefer not to. Any suggestions?

I use essential oils on my two girls - 8 and 4 yo. But it took me a while to find the right essential oils to apply on them - I apply on their soles, on their chest (diluted) and back (diluted).

For phlegm due to cough, I found the following essential oils from Young Living work:

1. Lemon
2. Idaho Blue Spruce (expectorant)
3. R.C
4. Myrrh

It takes about 1-2 days for them to either cough out the phlegm or for the phlegm to be dissolved

Doling, enjoy your pregnancy! U can ask ur confinement nanny to make u nutritious milk . Include black beans and walnuts. It boost milk. I hv been very busy but will definitely post more recipes soon.

Michsl thz for sharing!! I used YL eO too. It really works wonders.

For phlegm, can try dorado azul , eucalyptus blue n radiata too.

Trial and error la. There was once ginger worked for my kids hehe

Nana . If u dont have eo. Try the following recipe.

China barley + green apple boil for half hour then add raw rock sugar. Oe lemon with manuka honey or raw honey

I wanted to try a natural way to help my toddler with teething. I know clove oil helps but then, does anyone know what how many drops of clove oil shld I mix with a base ... Like virgin coconut oil? Like what's the ratio?
I know these 2 ingredients are used in a teething oil pod selling at mothercare. But I just don't know the ratio :/

Yes, I agree with tongtong8 that Clove is a spicy oil and should be diluted with a carrier oil like extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil.

I've looked up other references and yeah, looks like clove oil is most effective for teething issues.

(Please note that essential oils CANNOT be diluted with water.
Water drives the oil in more, not wash it away. I've seen other people recommending diluting oil with water. Please don't!)

@tongtong8
@michsl

Thanks! Yeah that's what I thot so too. Just unsure of the ratio for clove oil to vco. ;)

Less oil to more VCO is good... The essential oil is very quickly absorbed into the blood stream. Maybe just to be careful, rub some VCO on the gums first before you rub the diluted clove on the gums!

Keep us posted on the results

Hi mummies, was wondering how eo can help speed up the labour process.

Hi Rosnyus,

Are you using a birth doula? If not, I'm not sure if the hospitals allow essential oils to be used in the delivery suite.

I saw this from a doula:

1. Clary Sage-relieves tension, brings on labor, helps with expelling afterbirth

2. Geranium Rose-enhances circulation and is good for labor management techniques which focus on breathing

3. Jasmine-dulls uterine pain, strengthens contractions, promotes birth and increases milk supply. Excellent when mixed with lavender and a carrier oil of Evening Primrose and Vit. E for perinial and cervical massage

4. Lavender-dulls and eases uterine pain but also increases the strength of contractions while calming the mother. Great for reducing stretch marks!

5. Myrrh- speeds labor, opens cervix

6. Neroli-reduces fear, tension, insomnia, apprehension, anxiety
Rose-cleansing effect on the uterus, antidepressant, softens ligaments (easier to open pelvis to push for larger babies and smaller Mamas)

Read more:

Nope not using birth doula but if the eos are to be used tropically, should be okay? Clary sage rub around the ankle? What abiut the rest?

I'm having my third and wondering whether i would have the energy to survive the contractions this time around. My first two were by natural birth and without epidural.

Please remember not to take two vaccines within 12 hours - HEP B and BCG vaccines and Vitamin K injection. The nurse will ask you to sign consent form. For some hospitals, they do not seek your permission to inject Vitamin K to your new born.

You tried your best to take natural food. All your effort will be wasted when you allow nurse to inject vaccine and vitamin K which contain chemical. For some babies may have reaction to the vaccines. Please note there is no danger to your baby not to take vaccines. However, if you are HEP B virus carrier, you may want to consider HEP B vaccine

For vitamin K, the dosage is simply too much for baby to take.

rosynus, i engaged a birth doula during my delivery for #2. But my birth process iwas too fast!1 no time to even apply EO. I think my prenatal yoga practices helped me in my labour . you mentioned yours is 3rd delivery already. should be quite fast. thkink you need more EO to boost your energy instead of speeding the process hehe.

my friend had natural drug free labour and her hubby applied all types of EO on her. to boost her energy. I will ask her to share with you here.

rosynus, i engaged a birth doula during my delivery for #2. But my birth process iwas too fast!1 no time to even apply EO. I think my prenatal yoga practices helped me in my labour . you mentioned yours is 3rd delivery already. should be quite fast. thkink you need more EO to boost your energy instead of speeding the process hehe.

my friend had natural drug free labour and her hubby applied all types of EO on her. to boost her energy. I will ask her to share with you here.

I did have a history of fast labour. 1.5hr for my first and 4 hrs for my 2nd. Was thinking it appeared to be taking longer instead! Haha

Nope not using birth doula but if the eos are to be used tropically, should be okay? Clary sage rub around the ankle? What abiut the rest?

I'm having my third and wondering whether i would have the energy to survive the contractions this time around. My first two were by natural birth and without epidural.

Sorry for the late reply, actually, I haven't done this personally but for the EOs that you want to apply during labour, please massage inside the ankles (vita-flex points), on little toes, little fingers and lower tummy and back.

Hi Rosynus
I'm tongtong8's frend. At the delivery suite, my hubby diffused sacred frankincense. Rubbed white angelica on the top of my skull, behind the neck and on my wrists. He applied rose on my forehead and temple. Periodically, he rubbed these oils on his palm and let me inhale: lavender and gentle baby. Inhalation is the fastest way for EOs to enter the body and bloodstream. At the crucial point when 'pushing', i inhaled sacred frankincense. That was the 'super power awakening oil' that just suddenly clears your mind and gives you a boost of energy. I hope it will work for u!! Drink plenty of NXR before entering delivery suite. U will need it!

Hi Rosynus
I'm tongtong8's frend. At the delivery suite, my hubby diffused sacred frankincense. Rubbed white angelica on the top of my skull, behind the neck and on my wrists. He applied rose on my forehead and temple. Periodically, he rubbed these oils on his palm and let me inhale: lavender and gentle baby. Inhalation is the fastest way for EOs to enter the body and bloodstream. At the crucial point when 'pushing', i inhaled sacred frankincense. That was the 'super power awakening oil' that just suddenly clears your mind and gives you a boost of energy. I hope it will work for u!! Drink plenty of NXR before entering delivery suite. U will need it!

For the frankincense how you use it? the oil with the sticks type is it or you burn type? I'm delivering in Mt ALvernia, they have aroma diffuser (electric type), what EO is best? Lavender? Or can mix?

I think most of us are using ultrasonic diffusers because burning the oils will cause the oils lose some of their properties.

If you are using YL essential oils, pls consider using their diffusers or the Muji ultrasonic diffuser

beac, i think diffuse one oil at a time. manta's hubby diffused sacred frankincense. diffuse using those electric type diffuser. not burn type. think you ask your hubby to rub those oils on palm and let you inhale better.

Hi Rosynus

@Manta11, what's NXR?

Hi all parents, 1st time mtb here, my little one is coming in early dec. Been trying to look for ways to avoid epidural. Seems like there are quite a few mummies here who managed w/o epi. Can you share tips/ advice with me?

Also I'm trying to prep a '1st aid kit" for the little one. I have been hearing people stocking on liquid ibuprofen. I would prefer to go the organic natural way. Any suggestions on the essential oils I should keep on standby and how to use them?

Please remember not to take two vaccines within 12 hours - HEP B and BCG vaccines and Vitamin K injection. The nurse will ask you to sign consent form. For some hospitals, they do not seek your permission to inject Vitamin K to your new born.

You tried your best to take natural food. All your effort will be wasted when you allow nurse to inject vaccine and vitamin K which contain chemical. For some babies may have reaction to the vaccines. Please note there is no danger to your baby not to take vaccines. However, if you are HEP B virus carrier, you may want to consider HEP B vaccine

For vitamin K, the dosage is simply too much for baby to take.

Hi Winston, do the hospitals allow you to delay the vaccines? I'm considering delivering at either Mt A or Mt E Novena...

VVV, I believe Manta is referring to Ning Xia Red.
Manta delivered her first born without Epidural but hers was essential oil delivery. My 2 deliveries were without epidural. For my first born i used laughing gas though. cuz i was on drip. second one i prepared for it. I did prenatal yoga. I walked a lot. delivery was fast and furious , no time for anything. :p

ibrufen is drugs on high dosage, pls dont use. yes go for organic natural way. breastfeed baby for at least 6 months, mummy takes nutritious meals. provide baby with safe and loving environment. BB on BM for first 6 mths got all antibodies from mummy. they dont fall sick. i was puzzled when you said got people "stock up" ibrufen. That's strong drug for high fever.
To delay vaccination , yes you can. you have to inform the hospital and they will ak you to sign consent form to imdemnify the hospital.

Thanks! When you say to delay vaccination, you all meant to spread out the vaccines over the hospital stay or do you mean to delay the vaccine for months or even to go w/o? Sorry this vaccine thing is pretty new to me, I'm still trying to catch up on my readings (natural birth, vaccines, etc)... Definitely a great help hearing from real parents than reading "textbooks"

tongtong, yup, i have friends/acquaintances who stock up on med of diff strengths against fever, from Tylenol to ibuprofen (meant for babies) for their little ones.
so far I've heard about thieves, lavender, cypress & oregano... But i'm not exactly sure if they are ok for use on NBs even just by rubbing on their soles/ chest, since essential oils are easily absorbed...

Yes vv. You can delay the vaccination till bb is older like above 3 or 6 mo. Or u can also opt out of it. U can do ur own research and decision.

As for fever. Yes fever is most feared by parent. I did lots of reading and I understand that fever happens when body immune system is working to burn off the virus or external attacks. As well as to burn off the old cell n to encourage cell regenration. This is when bb will start to grow taller. If we keep suppressing it actually made more harm than good. I experienced once for my gal before. She perapired cold sweat after taking para. Aftrr tge med effect is over fever came bc. Come n go. And after she recovered she continued to expel cold sweats. I asked the tcm the doc said its energy lost. Energy is leaking from her body as tge drug is too strong for her. Its not natural at all.

I realised kid took one week to recover with med and without med. Then why do we still feed med?feeding med made us feel safe . But not for the kids. Real natural therapy doesnt need med. Just need to rest , fast and love. Thats all. But with the introduction of allopathic medicine. Things changed. We like shortcut. We no longer trust the wisdom of our own body. Partly due to a change of environment . We live in a highly stressed n polluted environment. Thata reason why aometimes we hv no choice but to intro med to the kids at young age. Cuz their body is too weak to handle the illness already.

First, ask yourself why you need vaccination? Is it necessary? Is there risk in vaccination?

You may read this thread:
Safer use of Vaccines Part 21 - Can Vaccines Actually Cause More Harm Than Good?
http://singaporemotherhood.com/foru...ause-more-harm-than-good.116421/#post-7344130

In all hospitals, when your baby is born, nurse will ask you to sign BCG and Hep B consent form. Unless the mother is HEP B carrier, there is no need for you to let your baby to take any vaccine at all. Some nurse and doctor will come to talk to you to persuade you to change your mind. They may instil fear on you. Just ignore them.

Ask these question to nurse or doctor. Is there a risk of vaccination? Can you guarantee my baby safety? And why ask me to sign the consent form? Note. Please read the consent form thoroughly. There is no need to take any vaccine at all if you do not feel comfortable at all. Finally, ask them to sign a guarantee letter. Let me tell you. Nobody will dare to sign. So they will stop asking you. Be prepare, they will keep asking you... Some are very persistent....

And also, please consider not to let your baby take Vitamin K injection. It is redundant and your baby receive excessive Vitamin K which is bad for heath. Again, doctor and nurse will pester you to sign.

Some hospital do not even ask for your consent at all. They just inject Vitamin K. The health booklet also never indicate it. This is something I do not like. Please indicate clearly your decision not to take Vitamin K for your baby to the nurse before operation or child birth. Keep reminding them. Some will act "blur"...

Was doing more research on using oils to help labour. As some mummies here mentioned about diffusing the oils, perhaps I would bring the YL portable diffuser instead as the home diffuser may be too bulky.

Yes rosnyus . Use yl diffuser will do. Diffuse with 15 drops. Can ask ur hubby to drop few drops on palm too m u inhale deeply especially during surging.

Back