(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

@mama_joanne , all my 3 babies birthdate and time were calculated. Since already know will be c-sec so might as well let the professional choose an auspicious one. My friend out of convenience just see from calender and decide for herself. In the end alot of things happen in her family right after her bb is born. After that she find a pro to calculate a good name for bb. Hoping that everything will be good.
Where did u go to see? Is it ex?

@angel_loi , Me too, keep telling her to stay in tummy till at least 38weeks. So that her organs are matured enough. This round I'm very big and heavy so I kinda hv a feeling she'll arrives earlier. I try to rest as much as possible, don't anyhow go anywhere.

Where did u go to see? Is it ex?

I had my usual 'feng shui' master, will calculate all our whole-year thingy yearly. Mine is not so cheap. But with him many years so got confident.

Actually there's alot in the market, those advertise ones very ex. You can look up in the internet. Shld cost ard $128 -188 with chinese name.

@agaga, slot finger in ah.. argh.. i dun dare.. sound scary if i can feel anything.. haha
I imagine the scenario of you climbing the stair make me laugh.. hahhaa.. althu feeling difficult but so cute and funny.. haha..

@beac, can see u really having a very very hard time... althu me also but not as worse as u.. hang on... we are almost there..

@leocub, u mean the 2 meats? Like swollen lips? Ahh.. i didnt realised it.. today i go feel if im same as u.. but now i had a hard time washing my private area.. my hand not long enough.. after washing, i will feel my waist aching.. haha

@agaga

Same same.. Hehe! Maybe we will give birth on the same day.. :) Start on Monday I do feel slightly tight on my tummy & contraction pain for just 5 mins. I experienced this 3 times for this week. According to my gynae it's normal as it's a sign of might give birth earlier than the EDD. So I expected is ard mid to third week of sep. I told my hubby then he keep telling me don't go out alone. Wait for him to bring me out for a short walk or shopping. Actually I'm quite scared of sudden water bag burst as I never experienced it during my #1.

@angel loi, ya ya.. i also scared will give birth early.. i also keep telling him to stay put till after week 37.. im not prepared and ready yet...

@agaga, slot finger in ah.. argh.. i dun dare.. sound scary if i can feel anything.. haha
I imagine the scenario of you climbing the stair make me laugh.. hahhaa.. althu feeling difficult but so cute and funny.. haha..

@beac, can see u really having a very very hard time... althu me also but not as worse as u.. hang on... we are almost there..

@leocub, u mean the 2 meats? Like swollen lips? Ahh.. i didnt realised it.. today i go feel if im same as u.. but now i had a hard time washing my private area.. my hand not long enough.. after washing, i will feel my waist aching.. haha

Yeah all of us must jia you man. Yeah I guess I'm just one of those cases with pretty bad heartburns :(

I also hv problem washing there. Hahahah. Must "bend" the tummy to reach. Lol.

@verine22

I also can't see my private part at all.. Tummy too big. Even wash also need to sit down & open up my both leg in order to cleanse well.. Lol!

By the way, any mummies shave their private part hair? Do we need to shave it before admitted to hospital?

Anyone has any like aching pain on the womb? Like at the side of your belly? Last night I was lying down then keeping hving this ache (not say painful type) & it's not braxton hicks also.
I think it lasted for like an hour.
@beac, i think i know what u mean! i just felt it.. ya its not braxton hicks.. not say painful.. mine on the left side and the ache is only at one small area..

@beac, ya haha.. bend but still have a big hazard.. hahha..

@angel loi, ya hor.. i should try ur way by siting down.. i did cut the hair shorter (ask my mum to help me) haha.. i heard that before give birth, in the hospital they will shave for u..

@angel_loi
@vernie22

My #1 they nv shave for me. I don't think they will shave for you. I think it's more your choice. Just maybe not too bushy la :x hahaha.
What I did for my #1 was that I think nearing my last month I trimmed it short then left it as it is. So still hv but not it's not in a mess. Haha.
Probly will do the same but this time I need to probly get help from le hubby. Hahaha. My #2 tummy is much much bigger and rounder than #1!! 0.0
Hahahaha :)

My 2 experiences are different. 1st time at the delivery ward, they did not shave. 2nd time I was pushed into theatre just in case the doctor needed to operate on me, the nurse shaved for me.

During my #1 I never cut shorter or shave.. Nurse nv do anything also.. I guess maybe I'm not that bushy? Lol.. So I think this time round I will just leave it as it is. I will feel weird if I shave it off.. Hehe! But I heard for c sect, most gynae will advised to shave? Cz my friend under c sect did shaved it for her both pregnancy.

Any mommies went to suntec today?waaah so crowded.specially the mothercare section,long que! Went dr wd my hubby around 11:30-1pm.

For c-sec, both Tmc and mt.a nurse will do shaving for you. But I usually remain shaved everytime so save their trouble.

Any mommies went to suntec today?waaah so crowded.specially the mothercare section,long que! Went dr wd my hubby around 11:30-1pm.

Tmr I will be going to baby expo.. I'm sure it will be very crowded so my hubby suggested to reach there at 11am. Actually I try not to go those baby fair but no choice we will only get better offer during baby fair for Cordlife. I make a enquiry today with Cordlife & this time round they really give a better offer. :)

@verine22 , @beac , usually I sit at toilet bowl wash below, otherwise got to raise 1 leg on toilet bowl if standing.. haha tummy too big hand too short.

There's once got rice stick to my 'balloon', they tease me say I keep for supper..

I planning to go suntec fair on Sunday morning. Hubby say will probably be less packed? Hopefully so and if I am not too lazy. Hehe

Mummies experiencing heartburn or "acidic" burp can try taking actal. It's safe for pregnant women. I took one and until now, no more burping problems.

I had so much pain on my left pelvic suddenly last night before going to bed. Can't even put my left leg down on the floor without feeling the sharp pain. Now at week 30. Felt better now after rested but still cannot walk normally without feeling some pain.
I also think walked too much cos bought kiddos out yesterday, our usual Friday outing after school.

For the shaving part, I had always been shaving off the hair, so on delivery, nurse will not have to do anything. Just insert medicine for you to clear your bowels.

Yesterday already so crowded around 11:30am hehehehe how much more today its saturday..finally i bought all d stuff already for my LO.be careful going n dr mommies its really crowded!!!

Yesterday already so crowded around 11:30am hehehehe how much more today its saturday..finally i bought all d stuff already for my LO.be careful going n dr mommies its really crowded!!!

You went to the baby expo? I wanna go to rise and shine at suntec. Probly gg there tmr. :) hehe.

I went to baby expo earlier & reached there at 11am. I think not as crowded as Suntec ba.. Or maybe still early? Not really big bazaar but good for me. Just to sign up package with Cordlife & went back rush to my maternity tour at Mt Elizabeth, Novena. Go out for 5-6 hours already soooo tired..

I went to baby expo earlier & reached there at 11am. I think not as crowded as Suntec ba.. Or maybe still early? Not really big bazaar but good for me. Just to sign up package with Cordlife & went back rush to my maternity tour at Mt Elizabeth, Novena. Go out for 5-6 hours already soooo tired..
Hi Angel, the cord life package at expo bb fair is good deal? How much u paid for it?

Hi Angel, the cord life package at expo bb fair is good deal? How much u paid for it?

Ya, considered v good deal after comparison with Stemcord. My #1 is with Cordlife too so, for repeat customer they will give more promo. Direct 21 years is $5400 additional $200 offset will be $5200 + 7% GST = $5564. Asked for some cheap freebies too.. Hehe!

Hi mummies, advice need. Brought my boy to kkh for an eye sight test, his astigmatism is high on his right eye (-2.25) and Low on his left eye (-0.75)...... thus the dr advice to us to wear glasses for him to prevent from developing of lazy eyes. There is a chance of recovery as it was detected early. Any mummies had experience that????

Ya, considered v good deal after comparison with Stemcord. My #1 is with Cordlife too so, for repeat customer they will give more promo. Direct 21 years is $5400 additional $200 offset will be $5200 + 7% GST = $5564. Asked for some cheap freebies too.. Hehe!
I see...

Is the baby fair worth going besides the cord life deal?

Hi mummies, advice need. Brought my boy to kkh for an eye sight test, his astigmatism is high on his right eye (-2.25) and Low on his left eye (-0.75)...... thus the dr advice to us to wear glasses for him to prevent from developing of lazy eyes. There is a chance of recovery as it was detected early. Any mummies had experience that????

How old is your boy?

My girl starts wearing glasses at 5yo with 500degree of astigmatism on each side (correct used term shld be -5.00 if not wrong) She was tested by polyclinic after referred by her childcare.

We shld had realised this as earlier as 2-3yo as she had to strained her eyes very much when watching tv.

Anyway, we got her specs to wear since 5yo. Now she's 11yo and her astigmatism dropped to 250 on each side with short sighted about 200 on each side.

Hello mummies, I went to see my gynae yesterday and seem that my bb is very small. Bb only weight 1692g at 32 weeks. Any advise how to increase the weight of bb? Am worried and stress cos ppl are saying my tummy looks very small. :(

@yanzzz, my LO also weigh the same as yours.. i think is fine leh.. the average weight for week 32 is about 1.7kg.. dont be too stress with other people comments.. as long as gynae say baby is fine then it should be fine.. cheer up ya...

@yanzzz, my LO also weigh the same as yours.. i think is fine leh.. the average weight for week 32 is about 1.7kg.. dont be too stress with other people comments.. as long as gynae say baby is fine then it should be fine.. cheer up ya...

I have the same worry..and gynae also seems a bit concerned. Bb's weight is only 1.1-1.2kg at 30wks, around 5th percentile, when it should be 1.5kg. I've been trying to eat more protein like cheese, eggs, milk etc. hopefully that will help coz i really dislike durians hahah

I have the same worry..and gynae also seems a bit concerned. Bb's weight is only 1.1-1.2kg at 30wks, around 5th percentile, when it should be 1.5kg. I've been trying to eat more protein like cheese, eggs, milk etc. hopefully that will help coz i really dislike durians hahah

I think it's an okay weight range...? Shld be okay I guess. Maybe just eat more proteins like you said, and make abit more carbs? But I think it's nothing to worry too much about. It shouldn't be a problem. Cheer up ok!!

I agree oct fair in expo will be bigger.hopefuly by that time we gve birth already hahahaha so i can go dr and buy stuff for my LO.cant wait to go n dr also hahahahahaha

I'm sure I give birth liao but I still under confinement leh.. Can't go out too. :-(

@yanzzz

I think not to worry so much as long as your gynae said is fine. U still have 8 weeks to go & during this period yr LO may gained more.. Advised u can eat more carbo as per other mummies mentioned & I think the most effective is durians, hehe! I'm not sure if durians works on me as I dislike durians. :)

@yanzz

My LO weight 1.2kg @ 30wks and gynae advise me to eat more protein too so after 1 week of hardwork eating lots of protein like cheese, egg, meat, fish & of cos durian ... my LO gain 300g to 1.5kg at 31wks...gynae also advise me to sleep on my left as it allow LO better absorb nutrients as my placenta is pressing on him.
My next appt is at 2 wks time, let's see how much LO gain this time...

Hi agaga, my boy is 3.5 years old. Which mean he has to wear on glasses for the whole life... his right is prefect with no shortsighted or farsighted... his left is +0.75. Thus, farsighted...

Hi agaga, my boy is 3.5 years old. Which mean he has to wear on glasses for the whole life... his right is prefect with no shortsighted or farsighted... his left is +0.75. Thus, farsighted...

My girl gradually drop from (each side) astig500 > astig400 > astig300.... then slowly increased in short sighted.

My girl always watch tv in the dark or sit very near to tv. Sometimes just do homework or read at not so bright place. So I guess all these contribute to her spec degree now. I believe she have to wear glasses for all her life le lor.

Unless you can cultivate a very 'healthy' or 'correct' lifestyle for your boy so he can throw his glasses away soon. (Perhaps before P1) That's when my girl's short sighted came into the picture.

Not too worry too much on the eyesight. I wore specs when im 4 or 5. With astigmatism and short sighted. But i only wear when im in school. At hm i dun wear. My mum make me soup wif dried longgan and wolfberries. It helps in eye sight. Now im 30, i only hv astigmatism, no more short sighted! Still the same only wear when im facing computer and at work. Let the child see more green things far away, drink more dried longan wolfberries.

Back