IVF/ICSI Support Group

I remember reading somewhere soy makes our eggs membrane harder so more difficult for the embryo to hatch out. I cant remember the scientific reasoning anymore but i avoid soy products for 2 -3 months before fresh cycles.

Having bad cough , sore throat and runny nose... got it from my no. 1 ...
Also got stomach flu....
Not sure if due to the Chinese herbs or clash with the oral Utrogestan. .
Tummy so bloated.... body temp so hot. .
Oh gosh.... hoped I can get better soon ...

Irisy ...how r u feeling ? Ur spotting stop ?

Ladies, apart from chicken essence, black bean pork soup and durians, any recommendations on food to keep the body warm? I hv a very cold body :(
Ron,

Try red bean soup and ya, Red dates/Longans drink...

I realise cordecep with loin (pork) can really warm the body!
My mil made for me, aft I drink, whole body including face feel hot! :p

I used to have when younger and it was treated and it has never came back *touch wood*. I healed pretty fast by prescription of pressaries insert into the V. You mean the doc didn't give you any medicine?

And if you have occurring episodes, it might be due to diet. (Or those mentioned like wearing thong or wearing panty liner etc). There are many food that may make the infection coming back. Sadly have to avoid too much sugar, high sugar fruits, even some grains and diary products. Very strict. Maybe try to cut down some and see if it improves.
Ya.. Mine high chance due to diet..
Love rice so much. :(

Gg Change solely to brown rice and will try take yogurt (with probiotics) daily

Abit worried abt having suppository since only in my 1st tri. But since prescribe by Kkh, should be okay I guess..

Put my first last night. Stingy!

ron, at least u have frosties and ever bfp! My tcm always says once bfp b4, easier to bfp again. Haiz, out of 9, 6 matured and 3 fertilised. out of the 3 fertilised, 1 is abnormal with multiple sets of dna. The other have 2 sets of dna so they observing till blasto. Really big diff from my first cycle 1yr+ ago. Back den, I retrieved 12 and 10 fertilised. Out of which 8 are like grade 5, 2 are grade 4. Age and reserve really plays a diff...we must faster do if we wan a kid! Dun delay further! Now thinking back, ive accepted it and will believe that god has chosen the best and the one that can give me a healthy bb!
U can try longan red date and ginger drink? To keep ur tummy warm, u can try the tummy warmer from daiso? Protct outside also?

miracle, think u better c dr leh. Such virus is not gd to ur bb.

faith-bb, u take care! Try to take in more water to flush them out? Hee I dunno if it works for yeast but when I hav uti, always drinks lotsa water and took cranberry pills.

Oh yes ginger tea is very good too to warm up body.

Miracle ya please see doc soon k. Your #1 is not well yet?

Laine, yes age factor indeed plays an important part. Me being oldest here, I do think about how my energy level can sustain a kid if I do pop one. If say kid is 10, I'll be at least 52. Already told hubby he must be ready to take care of most things on the child (there's big gap in age between me and hubby).

Miracle#2: i caught something similar judt before i started. It had all the same symptoms and in the end, i was diagnosed w possible variant of HFMD. Do go and see a doc just to be on safe side..

ron, at least u have frosties and ever bfp! My tcm always says once bfp b4, easier to bfp again. Haiz, out of 9, 6 matured and 3 fertilised. out of the 3 fertilised, 1 is abnormal with multiple sets of dna. The other have 2 sets of dna so they observing till blasto. Really big diff from my first cycle 1yr+ ago. Back den, I retrieved 12 and 10 fertilised. Out of which 8 are like grade 5, 2 are grade 4. Age and reserve really plays a diff...we must faster do if we wan a kid! Dun delay further! Now thinking back, ive accepted it and will believe that god has chosen the best and the one that can give me a healthy bb!
U can try longan red date and ginger drink? To keep ur tummy warm, u can try the tummy warmer from daiso? Protct outside also?
Yes, indeed a miracle happened after a long wait. My hubby was delaying the whole ivf thing for almost 2 years.. so we started the journey in end 2010. Who knows if we started earlier it would be easier but cannot look back..

Hmmmm...your dna mutation doesn't sound good. Hv u and hubs been tested for your genes? but most importantly the fighter now to stick and grow!!!

Redvel...yeah just seen a doc...and it's the stomach acid etc. ..and the viral for throat and cough etc. ..think my no. 1 gave me...
Yes he's down again with the cough etc....
Whole house virus....hopefully my hubby strong enough to counter us...haha

Miracle#2: i caught something similar judt before i started. It had all the same symptoms and in the end, i was diagnosed w possible variant of HFMD. Do go and see a doc just to be on safe side..

Thanks Ron...seen doc liao ...it's viral ... glad nothing serious...

Having bad cough , sore throat and runny nose... got it from my no. 1 ...
Also got stomach flu....
Not sure if due to the Chinese herbs or clash with the oral Utrogestan. .
Tummy so bloated.... body temp so hot. .
Oh gosh.... hoped I can get better soon ...

Irisy ...how r u feeling ? Ur spotting stop ?
Spotting became light af. Got heavier this morning. I've gone done to do the BT early this morning. Almost 3 hrs already. They haven't called me back. I just wait for a while more. Will just take a break and try again when ready. :)
Thanks for asking. Hope you get well soon!

Hello Ron..
Yes...dizzy...so for me ..is every night before bed...so I take liao quickly lie down....
The first time I can feel the dizziness ...and I was like feeling bad...
So from then on ...I take.and sleep immediately. ..

Jiayou too Irisy. Next is FET or fresh?

Ladies for natural FET, is it zero medicine? No pills nothing? So I will be adviced to do opk? I believe there should be scans near ovulation? How many scans and which day of cycle? Thanks.

Irisy may i ask if this is your first fresh? Sorry my memory not very good.

My doc told me she prefers I do fresh than have frosties with no certainly they would thaw well, when I failed my first fresh and i told her I'm disappointed I got nothing to freeze.

However I read somewhere that frosties might have better chance. But why le? Anyone can enlighten?

Those whom have bfped, was yours from fresh or frost?

Irisy may i ask if this is your first fresh? Sorry my memory not very good.

My doc told me she prefers I do fresh than have frosties with no certainly they would thaw well, when I failed my first fresh and i told her I'm disappointed I got nothing to freeze.

However I read somewhere that frosties might have better chance. But why le? Anyone can enlighten?

Those whom have bfped, was yours from fresh or frost?
Hi,wat i heard from my previous gynae embrologist was that for fet,womb is in a better natural condition n dun have so much hormone injections n er is skipped,so as in more natural environment n thus chances is higher

Ladies, apart from chicken essence, black bean pork soup and durians, any recommendations on food to keep the body warm? I hv a very cold body :(
Ron, b4 my first bfp. I wear sandals at home and wear socks to sleep until after my confinement and also put heat pad once in a while to keep tummy warm. My tcm told me to soak half body (with herbs) to move the qi up too. Imagine I didn't touch the floor barefoot for more than a year. The day I stop wearing, the feeling of stepping on d floor feel funny & not used to it hahaha...

Hugz irisy...

Hmm... Redvel are you the oldest here? I think I am older than you ;). Yes age does matter and we are always told that. Remember dr yu asked me to give up and very discouraging?

But this round I manage to get 5 which I was told that I'm getting very good result given my age. Lucky I didn't listen and get discouraged by her. Knowing that current stage I still manage to get some is already very encouraging. The rest will depend on my FET...

So sisters, let's jiayou!!!! Everything is possible as long as we try and hv faith.

Thanks Connie. I guess it makes sense. All these jabbing are causing a lot of stress to our body.

Janices me born 72. :) Btw who is Dr Yu? She very smug huh. :p

Thanks Connie. I guess it makes sense. All these jabbing are causing a lot of stress to our body.

U are welcome. Dr yu is a senior consultant at sgh. She is a very frank person but i think her skills are good.

Thanks everyone! I'm now just trying to get over this episode asap.

Redvel, yup. This is my first fresh. So I was prepared to fail.
As my AMH is considered low, I was already very glad that I've got embies for ET.
Hopefully, the next round can yield more eggs for FET.

Haha I'm born 72 too and I'm in march :)

Yes she is frank but from my 1st visit she is already not very interested to help me n very discouraging saying I'm very lucky to have 1. From what I heard from my tcm, many of her patients feedback to her that she asked them to give up too just because of their age who is only 37, 38. Anyway different people suits different doctors so we no 'yuan' loh

Irisy actually I feel that I just failed my first ivf. Haha but actually it's my 2nd already. Time flies! 2ww and stuff seems so long but actually when we look back, so much have happened. Maybe next round we both will be cycling buddy again.

Janices this is so freaking coincidental. Me also March lor :)

Yeah I agree on the yuan part with doc. And sometimes I don't understand also why some people still stick to some doc just because that doc is "good" so hearsay. I cannot stand smug doc. Hahaah.

Last edited:
Irisy actually I feel that I just failed my first ivf. Haha but actually it's my 2nd already. Time flies! 2ww and stuff seems so long but actually when we look back, so much have happened. Maybe next round we both will be cycling buddy again.

Janices this is so freaking coincidental. Me also March lor :)

Yeah I agree on the yuan part with doc. And sometimes I don't understand also why some people still stick to some doc just because that doc is "good" so hearsay. I cannot stand smug doc. Hahaah.
Maybe we share the same birth date????? This we really got 'yuan' haha

Yeah! I cannot stand smug doc too... Come on, if we can easily conceive why do we need to see them at all?

hi, I am new here... I am waiting for my menses to come so that I can start the IVF.
I have questions to ask...
1. we see the gynae on the first day of menses?
2. the 7-10days jab to be done on 2nd day menses onwards?
3. the extraction of eggs usually is between day 10-16?

Pigletlyn:

1. Call your gynae at d1. They will let you know when to go in.
2. Depends on long or short protocol. Short protocol you will start stimulation jabs (eg puregon, gonalF) from d2 usually
3. Yes generally around d12-16.

Hello meimei starstar.

Pigletlyn you will be given plus minus 20 days of hospitalisation leave from your ER day.

Hello meimei starstar.

Pigletlyn you will be given plus minus 20 days of hospitalisation leave from your ER day.
Hi redvel,
20days include sat n sat?
Are they flexible to be shorten or must be die die 20 days? Will they write from ivf centre on e medical slip?

Connie, the HL days are based from ER to BT, which is typically about 20 days, weekend inclusive. Yes a medical cert will be given to you on ER, stating the dates and days.

However it's up to you if wanna utilise it and offset from your company HL benefit. Don't have to die die take them all la. But i just take them anyway.

For my case in my first ivf, although it says 19days of HL, my company only deducts 12 days from my 60 HL days per year. Because the rest of the 7 days fall on weekend.

I am going to private gynae.. I thought only given 3days mc.. Wow... Didnt know will be given so many days mc... Btw, after ER, will feel pain after sober from the GA?

Not GA, it's just a light sedation. If fresh most docs will give 2 weeks minimum to allow body to recover from the ER. No real pain but you may feel some cramps nxt few days as the body heals...

Back