Royal Caribbean with Toddlers

sinnyy

Can I get some feedback from mummies/daddies who been on the Royal caribbean?

- How's their internet access? Is the internet access free and is it fast?

- How will toddler like it? What activities are there?

- Is it like star cruises?

- How are the room sizes?

- Where are the port of call?

Internet isn't free. Very expensive in fact.

For toddlers, there are many programs for them. There will be an activity list delivered to your room daily. Check the listing in it

The services are much much better then star cruise. It's personalised service.

For normal cabin, comparable. Balcony class and upwards the rooms are bigger in caribbean

Port of call depend on the sail intenary. They sail all over the world, so u might be catching a plane to sail, or to fly back.

It's equivalent to no network. Even on our phones (unless u're near to land).. If u have to use their internet, it's available but really expensive..

Both our young kids enjoyed the RC cruises that we've on.. There are "rooms" for them to have activities.. For the age restriction and playrooms, it depends on the ship and services.. There are also certain events on certain ships.. They can also take a dip in the pools/jacuzzi with the adults.. Diapers aren't allowed and they have to be toilet trained though.. They will also enjoy watching the sea and running around on deck.. It's quite fun actually.. If u take junior suite room, they even have bathtub in the bathroom which young kids will enjoy while parents relax.. :)

IMO, starcruise sucks.. No offence intended.. Service also cannot make it.. Not being bias but u will understand once u've tried RC.. Service is the key.. Food as well..

A tip I read on a website review: if u book higher deck rooms, service will be better cos it's near all the "expensive" types of rooms which will have the best staff.. I think it might be true cos we took their balcony and junior suite rooms in different ships.. So I'm guessing those who took the interior cabins on same levels also had the same sweet cabin staffs.. :) Although i'm pretty sure all the other level staffs are just as awesome.. :p
If u're going with kids, better to take those rooms that uses sofa beds instead of bunkbeds.. More spacious.. And if u're using stroller, u can request for accessible rooms (bigger rooms, with ramps and bigger toilets..)

Port of call depends on which package u take..

fhmdag; Seems like the internet is still the same, like star cruises i took yrs back. expensive and slow.

rykgirl: my family told me to go for RC cos they said so so much better than SC. More organised, ppl dun rush, cos they very systematic and food is good. although like no chinese food ..?

Do u know what r the room with sofa bed called? Did you ladies book online or visit the tour agency to book? Sometimes I find the online booking quite confusing...

Yes, RC is much much better.. The main buffet is during mealtimes but finger food and drinks are available all the time.. You can even have the flexibility of eating in your room (best if your room got balcony).. FOC room service (except late night as stated in menu).. The food is like international cuisine.. All types of food.. Chinese food also have but I would say it's still ok.. Unlike starcruise, even if u dine in the "restaurant", it's also buffet.. U can order as many as u can eat.. Not a lot of people know that.. It doesn't run on vouchers so u're free to eat again and again or exit and go back again, as long as the meals are still available..

There are additional "restaurants" you can top up like $5USD/pax to enjoy their food unlimited.. We tried Johnny Rockets and it was awesome.. Eat until we burst! But so yummy! Kids enjoyed their milkshakes (not included in buffet though)..

For room and bed types, better to call and ask.. I only know balcony and junior suite got.. Don't know if other types have onot.. You can also ask them to list the packages for u..

We call them direct to book.. I would advise u to do full payment when u book as my last time got a bit of hassle when I wanted to do the remaining payment.. Their singapore office lines were SO BUSY! No one answered my calls! I panicked cause it was almost my cruise date.. Can imagine my frustration.. >.< Regretted not paying full amount.. Not sure if it's the same now.. Just share my experience lor..

I thot of bringing my toddler to RC in early 2014. Can I ask how old was your toddler when you all went? If my toddler is 2 yrs old, do you think he is too young for the experience? Like the activities avail and all?
:) thanks for sharing!!

My main purpose of going cruise was to make my special needs daughter happy. If she's unhappy, my mood will be affected. Trying to get something suitable for her to eat on RoyalCaribbean Mariner of the Seas was kind of tough. Normal children may like pizza, burgers, fries, etc fast food stuff but eating everyday is way too much. RC should spare thoughts for young travellers. Young children may be travelling free but that dont't mean they dont't need to eat well.

Also, Royal Caribbean - Port Klang has became an Indian cruise?
Read my blog

Back