SingaporeMotherhood | Lifestyle

November 2023

Water Purifiers are the Kitchen Tool that Every Family needs

Gone are the days when the kitchen tap was the only outlet for drinking water at home. Now, with water purifiers, it’s easy to have clean, temperature-specific water at the touch of a button. Needless to say, for mums, this is a godsend. There’s no need to wait for water to boil when making formula milk for the baby to drink. And Grandma can steep her tea leaves at just the right temperature, no complaints. Need to cool down on a hot afternoon? Some dispense chilled water as cold as 4 °C.

Joel Lim, 30, Managing Director at Ruhens Singapore, notes that there is an upward trend of homeowners getting water purifiers for their homes: “It has become an appliance that people have in their to-buy list when they plan for their homes as it provides convenience, saves time, and dispenses water at their desired temperature immediately.” If you’re still thinking of getting a water purifier for your home, or upgrading an existing older model, why not consider one of these?

(See also: 5 SPRING CLEANING SERVICES TO GET YOUR HOME SPARKLING FOR THE NEW YEAR)

AmGlow Contour 7 Home Water Dispenser

If space is a concern, AmGlow’s Contour 7 Home Water Dispenser is the answer. Sleek and minimal, boasting German technology, this looks like a designer tap (and takes up only as much space as one!) and dispenses hot water at five temperatures (45, 60, 70, 85, 100 °C), as well as chilled, and ambient temperature water. While there is a child lock, you do not need to worry about little hands getting hurt as the Italian-designed faucet is made of 100% galvanised stainless steel, ensuring total insulation when dispensing hot water. An eco mode automatically activates when not in use, to promote energy saving too.

From $1,890, at AmGlow online.

(See also: 6 TIME-SAVING HOME APPLIANCES THAT MAKE MUM’S LIFE EASIER)

Bbyeol LYNX Water Purifier

Sleek and compact, this 7.4 kg water purifier comes in matte black and ivory white, and fits beautifully on any standard-sized kitchen countertop. Six temperature settings — Cold: 4 and 15 °C, Room 20 °C, Hot 40, 70, 87 °C — make it easy to create a variety of liquid concoctions, while the quantity control function lets users select their desired serving size (100 ml, 250 ml, 500 ml, and 2,000 ml). There’s also built-in self-cleaning, electrolysis sterilisation every 72 hours, and a child lock.

From $1,299 (exclusive launch price, UP: $1,799) until 31 December 2023, at Bbyeol online.

Mum tested!
Priscilla Cheong, 35, PR Consultant, mum to two children aged 7 and 1.5 years old
“My child used to depend on me to boil water, wait for it to cool, then pour it into her bottle for her to drink. It is very time consuming, and I become very stressed, especially in the morning, as I have to wake up early to boil water so that there is fresh water for her to bring to school. With Bbyeol, I save a lot of time. It is a one-touch dispenser, and I can even leave the water bottle there to fill while I pack other things, as there is a volume control function. My daughter can also get her own drinking water, as she can press the dispense button on her own!”

Hydroflux Wish Water Purifier

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Hydroflux (@hydroflux_singapore)

If the sleek, retro, steampunk-style hasn’t made you fall head over heels at first sight for this water purifier, perhaps the following factors might. First, it’s tankless. Second, it boasts a completely stainless steel flow-path and faucet to ensure that the water touch-points stay clean and hygienic. Furthermore, it comes with five temperature settings: 5, 25, 45, 75, and 85 °C. There’s even a built-in bluetooth speaker so you can connect your mobile device and enjoy your favourite music while cooking, and 16 built-in “Brain Music” tunes that are supposed to help your brain recover from fatigue.

From $3,288 at Hydroflux online.

(See also: HOUSE CALL SERVICES IN SINGAPORE THAT EVERY MUM SHOULD KNOW)

Ruhens Quint

Cleanliness is never a problem with the Quint’s Acuva IntenseBeamTM that penetrates into the water and sterilises it for safe drinking. In addition, the nozzle self-sterilises every hour to kill contamination and bacteria, ensuring clean, safe water for the whole family. Choose from five water temperatures — 4 °C (cold), 20 °C (room), 40 °C (warm), 70 °C (heated for sterilising), and 87 °C (hot), and four quantity options: 120 ml, 230 ml, 500 ml, and 1,200 ml. We also like how this water warrior helps keep household energy consumption low, with an energy-saving eco sensor that kickstarts automatically to save electricity.

From $2,099 at Ruhens online.

Mum tested!
Regine, 30, in Marketing, and mum of three children aged 2, 4, and 5 years
“Having a multi temperature water purifier from Ruhens helps me a lot especially at midnight as I can have the accurate temperature when making milk for my children. The hot water can also be used to sterilise the milk bottles and teats conveniently.”

Steriluxe Aurra Pro 2

It bills itself as “Singapore’s Smartest Water Purifier”, with an app where you can create your personal profile for your preferred water temperature between 45 °C and 85° C. A five-stage filtration system ensures pure, clean water with every tap of the button. What’s more, an interactive 7-inch touchscreen display makes it easy for everyone in the family to use the Aurra Pro, track their water intake (based on their profile in the app), and earn points to redeem vouchers and discounts with partnering businesses!

From $1,988 (current sale price, U.P. $3,888) at Steriluxe online.

(See also: 10 BEST AIR PURIFIERS TO KEEP YOUR FAMILY & YOUR HOME SAFE FROM THE HAZE)

Featured image: courtesy of Bbyeol

Prices and details are accurate at the time of publishing.

All content from this article, including images, cannot be reproduced without credits or written permission from SingaporeMotherhood.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Telegram for the latest article and promotion updates.

Water Purifiers are the Kitchen Tool that Every Family needs