Harmony Blood Test

Yes, have faith. It is just a gauge and try not to worry so much and wait til your detailed scan. Or you may opt for Panorama test straight as it is more accurate than Oscar. I am 35 and didn't want my age to pull down my results so I went straight for Panorama. No regrets as I found out the sex of my baby early too. Just that the test took close to 2 weeks to come back.

Yes. i explain to my husband edi, now slowly he relief a bit. Ask him to attend together for genetic scan to clear all his queries in mind.

Yes... bring your hubby with you during the genetic scan... it takes around 30-40 minutes, he can also sit there and watch and bond with the bb :)

Hopefully he can get there on time aft shift, really need a lot of support here.pray everything will be fine

Just to side track a little, I am so 'green' when it comes to using this forum that I dont even know how to quote what other mummies have said! @PTB7674: can you teach me???? :p:p:p:p

Just to side track a little, I am so 'green' when it comes to using this forum that I dont even know how to quote what other mummies have said! @PTB7674: can you teach me???? :p:p:p:p

if you wan to quote other pple post... jsut go to their post , at the right hand corner of their post there is a #post number " like" " reply " right ? just click reply and you will quote their post already

Hi mummies , Just found this harmony test topic . I fail my oscar scan now waiting for harmony test to come back prolly another 1 week. The waiting is very torturing and I feel very afraid to know the result. My oscar NT was 4.2mm tri 21 1:124

Hi mummies , Just found this harmony test topic . I fail my oscar scan now waiting for harmony test to come back prolly another 1 week. The waiting is very torturing and I feel very afraid to know the result. My oscar NT was 4.2mm tri 21 1:124

Have faith! My friend had twins, one boy and one girl, the boy failed the oscar 1:(double digit). Harmony test didn't work so well for twins so they had no choice but to go for amnio. Everything turns out alright! So have faith in ur bb.

I overheard a nurse at the reception saying that the harmony test price has dropped by $300-400 since last week. any one knows anything about this?

Rly? Which clinic's nurse?

the nurse was telling a story about a caucasian couple who checked the harmony test price at another clinic a few levels up last week. price difference was a few hundred dollars and blah blah. it was at pat sim clinic in mt e. a friend of mine got referred to TMC and they were charging her $1800+++ two weeks back. looks like prices coming down. gd for us all (who need to do)

HI @rosybear , I heard the same thing when I was at the clinic. We must have been there at the same time. That's why I decided to opt for the Harmony Test this week (I'm currently at my 12th week). It appears that Harmony test is much more accurate. I'm so glad that they have decided to lower the price.

What a coincidence @bubblesmom! did they quote you a figure? I am postponing mine as well.

the genetic counselling i received was that harmony is much more accurate than the traditional oscars. since scanning already, might as well go for a better test. too risky to do the second test with the needle. hope your test goes well.

I just took my harmony test today due to my Oscar test shown 1:864 (Gynae advised if lower than 1000 there is a risk) and it makes me and hb so worry n decided to take the harmony test on the spot for peace of mind. Infact this is my 3rd child and I m at wk 15 now. I cant sleep the whole nite :( My mind keeps thinking and thinking. Gynae said it will take 10 working days for the test result and the waiting time is really torturing.

By the way, this Harmony test cost us sgd1335, previously they charged sgd1500 as the nurse told me.

Hi, I am 10wk pregnant and also confused about what test to take. I want to do the Harmony but I heard it's still better for me to do the Oscar test. My gynae at KKH mentioned that they are having a class on the Harmony test. Apparently KKH has been receiving a lot of questions about the test and they just want to help everyone answer.o_O

I have the brochure at home, but I think it's on 7th September. Will check later when I go home.

@rosybear, the clinic didn't quote me a figure but I asked around my friends who are also considering this test. They mentioned that their clinics are also going to lower the prices for Harmony Test. Apparently, it's going to match the prices in the US. I read online about other tests available and found out about Panorama. Panorama offers to do test on microdeletions. I'm going to ask my gynae about that. I wonder how much the price would be for this additional test. Has anyone done it before?

@cadencemum , do you mind to tell me which clinic you went to? Thanks! My doctor said that the Harmony test will take 10 days but it's not just working days. They count in the weekends

@Karentan443 , Please let us know the details of the talk on Harmony Test. This will definitely benefit many of us. I'm so glad that they are doing this. I'll be sure to let my friends know about it.

@rosybear, the clinic didn't quote me a figure but I asked around my friends who are also considering this test. They mentioned that their clinics are also going to lower the prices for Harmony Test. Apparently, it's going to match the prices in the US. I read online about other tests available and found out about Panorama. Panorama offers to do test on microdeletions. I'm going to ask my gynae about that. I wonder how much the price would be for this additional test. Has anyone done it before?

@cadencemum , do you mind to tell me which clinic you went to? Thanks! My doctor said that the Harmony test will take 10 days but it's not just working days. They count in the weekends

Hi bubblesmom, my Gynae's clinic is London clinic for women located at jurong, he also has clinics at Mt E Novena. Londonclinic.com.sg

I just took my harmony test today due to my Oscar test shown 1:864 (Gynae advised if lower than 1000 there is a risk) and it makes me and hb so worry n decided to take the harmony test on the spot for peace of mind. Infact this is my 3rd child and I m at wk 15 now. I cant sleep the whole nite :( My mind keeps thinking and thinking. Gynae said it will take 10 working days for the test result and the waiting time is really torturing.

By the way, this Harmony test cost us sgd1335, previously they charged sgd1500 as the nurse told me.

i'm collecting info on this test also. best to do research since these doctors differ by so much for the same thing. A friend of mine just did it for $1100+ at Gleneagles. her own gynae charging $1400+. they are not even the ones doing the test. sending it so US or something so I don't know why the price discrepancies. making sure i'm not cheated after reading the report on ST home page today.

I am happy to do the Harmony test with my gynae if it is really the best test out there. But I am still confused about how it's different from other DS tests and I get this feeling that my gynae is forcing me to do it without much explanation just so he can earn a quick buck!

I have heard from my friend about that talk KK is doing to answer questions on the Harmony test as well. It is on 7th sept afternoon, so I'm going with her and dragging hubby along. Think I should go listen before I fork out the $$$. Like you said Roseybear...don't want to get cheated!

Yah, smtimes u got to ask your gynea very detailed questions! Okay, I checked my brochure. It's at 12pm KKH auditorium on 7 Sept. I think it's a sunday. Got free lunch leh. Three talks to help us figure everything out! It says registration necessary, but I'm just going to show up lah!

Yah, smtimes u got to ask your gynea very detailed questions! Okay, I checked my brochure. It's at 12pm KKH auditorium on 7 Sept. I think it's a sunday. Got free lunch leh. Three talks to help us figure everything out! It says registration necessary, but I'm just going to show up lah!

There's no free lunch in this world. This one comes at $5. =)

http://www.singhealth.com.sg/interf...chmentid=bb32b2c7-f448-4efd-8174-16e85ec483ac

Prof George Yeo is speaking at this event...remember reading something from him earlier this year on this NIPT. That's where i first heard of this test.

Thanks, everyone for sharing the info session at KKH. I hope it will clear my doubts and make it easier for my family to make a decision soon. We are approaching week 13 soon and we need to get the test done asap.

Hope everyone has a smooth pregnancy. This is not just a joyous journey for us but excrutiatingly nerve wrecking as well.. Just wanna make sure that the baby is doing well

Dear All mommies to be,

I decided to shop around and ask about the Harmony Test prices. Mount E was the first that I called as my sister in law gave birth there and she was with Dr. Selina Chua. Apparently now the clinic charges $850 for the Test. I can't believe how much the price has dropped. Now we are going to schedule for a test so that we can be sure that our baby is going to be fine and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.

My sister in law also told me to check out The Fetal Medicine Centre website for more detailed information about the test. Thought I'd share it here too. http://www.fetalmedicine.com/harmony-test

Hope all is well with everyone

Just get to know from my gynae that my NT scan is perfectly normal but one of the blood test on mummy hormone is in high risk. Do u think I shld go for genetic scan w dr ananda or go for harmony test? My gyane says nth to worry abt cos bb is perfectly fine but somehow I still in worry cos due to blood test result shown intermediate risk.

Just get to know from my gynae that my NT scan is perfectly normal but one of the blood test on mummy hormone is in high risk. Do u think I shld go for genetic scan w dr ananda or go for harmony test? My gyane says nth to worry abt cos bb is perfectly fine but somehow I still in worry cos due to blood test result shown intermediate risk.

If it's one of the trichrosomies then you go for harmony test better. Dr ananda also recommended that

Harmony is more accurate. What is your results - your gynae should recommend. Because Dr Ananda will do a detailed scan but don't think he can confirm the other trichrosomies other than nuchal thickness? You mention your NT is normal.

yah i know but some pple would like to know the diff ... that link did a comparison on both test

wondering what's their prices are if they don't differ that much. Anyway gynae seems to test for down's rather than the rest so to me it seems rather similar for that. judging from the posts here, looks like harmony is going for $850. anyone has panorama's prices?

Back