(2014/08) August 2014

Hi mummies... thanks for all ur advice. I'm much better now. I asked my husband who she was,he was angry initially ask me why i check his hp..he told me is just a friend and will explain when he is back from trip. My milk supply dropped to 30ml cause i was very down and kept crying..
I confide to my massage lady and she is very nice and willing to stay longer to listen and console me.
Her massage is good and she never push me sign package. I had her trial session before continue her package. Her contact is 85188726, Jessica.
I guess i have to rest and stop thinking for awhile...

massage... massage... massage... excited_mum, I massage everytime b4 n after pumping milk until my breasts had bruises because I had no milk. you need to drink a lot of water, soup (that is where your milk comes from) After persisting this regime for weeks, I could pump 100ml in 10 mins....

When I say massage, I used my knuckles because I could feel that my breasts were not soft, blocked ducts...
Thank u, pinkamon. I had been massaging. Now started to use knuckles to get rid of those blocked ducts. Sigh.... just to hv to remain positive now

Sigh. I rented the machine today cuz my baby's jaundice went up after discharge. Its so worrying and my milk supply still low.

I understand how you feel. PD said it is important for baby to be hydrated and pee so that the baby can 'pass' out the bilirubin or something to that effect. He said to top up with fm after each breastfeeding.
My supply is very low too.. so I keep pumping and have to relax relax relax

Are all of you doing post natal massage? I just had my first session this morning. Although it was relaxing, baby wailed cos he was hungry. The therapist was early and very impatient. More trying to hard sell her personal services, I feel.

I feel so oily, sweaty and gross after that and so bad towards baby. When I signed up, they told me I can remove the binder after 6 hours. Now the therapist today said I CANNOT at all. Its very gross.

Feel like cancelling the package. Anyone else going through the same thing? Are there other alternatives? So what if I decide not to do it? I'm more interested in getting rid of wind than stomach fat actually..

queensg-u mind sharin which post natal massage service u engaged? i hate people 2hardsell.. esp to a new mum2b w/so many thgs on mind...

My little one was admitted to hospital for photo treatment today. . PD said reading was very high so has to admit, he wouldn't recommend us to do phototherapy at home .. :-(

My BB was admitted today too, reading very high at 22 so we questioned the PD what's the cause of jaundice? BB will have to go they many tests tmr so we have a comprehensive report on what is the cause?

Cos it's very emotionally draining to admit a bb without know the cause and how to treat the root than the symptoms. BB is BF well, pee and poo often, moving on to mustard poo alr. Still jaundice, I dun understand?

Hope to have a satisfactory report tmr.

massage... massage... massage... excited_mum, I massage everytime b4 n after pumping milk until my breasts had bruises because I had no milk. you need to drink a lot of water, soup (that is where your milk comes from) After persisting this regime for weeks, I could pump 100ml in 10 mins....

When I say massage, I used my knuckles because I could feel that my breasts were not soft, blocked ducts...

How do u massage? Do u use any oil or cream? I find massaging on empty skin very painful cos I'm like rubbing my own skin out! But I'm also worried of using any cream or oil cos scared baby I ingest when I latch her.

How do u massage? Do u use any oil or cream? I find massaging on empty skin very painful cos I'm like rubbing my own skin out! But I'm also worried of using any cream or oil cos scared baby I ingest when I latch her.

I use baby oil. wipe off after massage or before latching/pumping.

I used nothing... I don't rub the skin as the skin will break. I use knuckles like vibrating motion to loosen the blocked ducts. It is painful but I persisted. I work on each breast with 2 hands, then move on to the next. Can use hot water towel to wrap the breast too.

yah I agree with Shirley. don't jump to conclusion first & just ask casually. maybe it's juz a fun night out with friends etc. most men, if they care abt the family, will realize that they r wrong & stop whatever funny things that they r doing. stay strong! hugz!
Thanks mummy. I really control my emotions before talking to him.

My BB was admitted today too, reading very high at 22 so we questioned the PD what's the cause of jaundice? BB will have to go they many tests tmr so we have a comprehensive report on what is the cause?

Cos it's very emotionally draining to admit a bb without know the cause and how to treat the root than the symptoms. BB is BF well, pee and poo often, moving on to mustard poo alr. Still jaundice, I dun understand?

Hope to have a satisfactory report tmr.
Normally jaundice should not persist 3 weeks after delivery because baby's liver would be matured by then. For my case my PD told me that baby and I belong to different blood groups and I am breastfeeding so baby is most likely having breastfeeding jaundice. However, we are going back for checkup after 3 weeks to see if the reading is still high then it could be baby's liver has problem...I pray hard nothing bad will happen...all I can do is keep feeding him to keep him hydrated and to flush out the bile pigment for now.

Normally jaundice should not persist 3 weeks after delivery because baby's liver would be matured by then. For my case my PD told me that baby and I belong to different blood groups and I am breastfeeding so baby is most likely having breastfeeding jaundice. However, we are going back for checkup after 3 weeks to see if the reading is still high then it could be baby's liver has problem...I pray hard nothing bad will happen...all I can do is keep feeding him to keep him hydrated and to flush out the bile pigment for now.

Found this online, now my husband and I understand better.

http://m.kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_center/newborn_care/jaundice.html

@Pochaco123, could yours be Breastmilk Jaundice?

My baby was born w36, so can considered premature... Jiayou baby! May all his organs be developed quickly! :) I pray his liver has no problem, and no brain damage done so far.

My baby sleep throughout the 4.5hrs without waking up for milk.. I tried to bottle feed him but he refuse... What shld i do?

Few ways that nurses taught me at the hospital.

1) burp him b4 feed
2) press/stimulate his nerves at the side of his ears (between cheeks and ear)
3) unswaddle him
4) stimulate his feet

This is heard from my CL
1st 2 weeks bb doesn't know how to wake up for food, so need to wake and feed at 3 hrs interval.

After that, BB will wake up on their own when hungry. I also heard jaundice baby are more sleepy. Is your bb having jaundice too?

Few ways that nurses taught me at the hospital.

1) burp him b4 feed
2) press/stimulate his nerves at the side of his ears (between cheeks and ear)
3) unswaddle him
4) stimulate his feet

This is heard from my CL
1st 2 weeks bb doesn't know how to wake up for food, so need to wake and feed at 3 hrs interval.

After that, BB will wake up on their own when hungry. I also heard jaundice baby are more sleepy. Is your bb having jaundice too?
I will try the 4 methods you mentioned.. I did wake bb up 3 hrs interval for milk feeding however he refuse to drink and continue to sleep.. My bb is having jaundice but discharged from hospital 2 days ago. Doctor informed us to go polyclinic follow up a week later.

My baby sleep throughout the 4.5hrs without waking up for milk.. I tried to bottle feed him but he refuse... What shld i do?
My baby also always sleepy when he was discharged from hosp with 10.6 jaundice (below 11 can discharge). But I kept waking him up for feeding no matter what. Initially I was feeding 40ml every 2 hr (I think newborn low appetite and tiny stomach). 1 week later I go back to PD his jaundice went up to 12.6! Then PD advise to let him drink 90 to 100 every 3 hr (I changed to 70ml every 2 hr cause bb cant take more than 80ml at one go). Now his jaundice go down to 9.9 even without sun bathe (kept raining for the past whole week). So must try to wake baby for feeding if don't want the jaundice to go up!

My girls are born at week 36 too. Both have jaundice and 1 was in hospital for 2 weeks because she has jaundice n G6PD deficiency. When I visited her at the hospital, her face was scratched by her nails. No mittens and booties were provided for her (heart pain). I quickly went back to get them for her and asked my husband to send breast milk everyday. The other twin also had to be warded for jaundice a week later.

Both girls have different sleeping patterns, 1 slept soundly, 1 cried for hours.
The naughty one refused milk and had low weight. I was so worried, had to use spoon, syringe at 3 mths. She only wanted to be breast fed and I was trying to stop. Really hard time. But now, they are going to be 4, the one with problems is in fact eating more and growing taller and stronger.

Mummies, don't worry too much. Your darlings shld be fine.

Luvyz, 加油!

@Oh_Precious

One more thing you can try is to change diaper. My bb hates to change diaper and will cry when CL tries to change... By the time the change is done he is awake for the 2nd breast.

My experience, let baby latch on the engorged/lumpy breast. It clear immediately but pre - condition is no sore nipple. If sore nipple, then can try to massage lying down, it's less painful and more easy to clear. Use your BM to smooth the massage rather than on dry skin.

Hi all,

My EDD is tmrw, and there is no sign of labour. And seems like baby has not really dropped.
I am scheduled to check in hospital at 6am tmrw morning (Kk hosp). Do you think doctor will take this as a confirmed induce decision?
Should I induce baby or request to wait for another day or two?
Is induce good? I really don't knw.... Pls advice ....

Hi all, I have been a slient reader all this while.. Like Reeca, my Edd is today but no signs of labour.. my doc gave me a choice to wait or induce n I chose to induce next Tuesday.. maybe Reeca you can try to call yr doc up n asked to wait if possible? My doc checked fluid levels to ensure that I could continue to wait if I wanted to but I'm tired of being pregnant

Hi all,

My EDD is tmrw, and there is no sign of labour. And seems like baby has not really dropped.
I am scheduled to check in hospital at 6am tmrw morning (Kk hosp). Do you think doctor will take this as a confirmed induce decision?

Hi I choose to induce as I had high blood pressure in the last few days before my edd.
Dr will usually choose to induce after edd as it is much safer for the baby.
I checked in and had zero dilation in the morning at 830 am when I checked in. Dr will put a pill up your cervix to soften the cervix ...
By 4.10pm I had already delivered the baby.
My advice is to ask for epidural early ... so I had plenty of rest and energy to push when the time comes

All mummies,
I'm a first time mum & need some advice. My EDD is 2days later. Tdy I went gynae chk up and she said I'm 1cm dilated. However, my water bag haven burst, no sign of blood too. My contractions are like once every 3hrs only which my gynae explain that this long frequency is not a sign of immediate labour.
Based on ur experience for natural delivery, after ur dilation from 1cm, how long did it take for baby to deliver? Does ur dilation start after water bag burst or before? Did u chk in hospital due to contractions or due to water bag burst/too much blood?
Thanks in advance!

All mummies,
I'm a first time mum & need some advice. My EDD is 2days later. Tdy I went gynae chk up and she said I'm 1cm dilated. However, my water bag haven burst, no sign of blood too. My contractions are like once every 3hrs only which my gynae explain that this long frequency is not a sign of immediate labour.
Based on ur experience for natural delivery, after ur dilation from 1cm, how long did it take for baby to deliver? Does ur dilation start after water bag burst or before? Did u chk in hospital due to contractions or due to water bag burst/too much blood?
Thanks in advance!
When my friend dilated 1cm, took her another 1.5 week to deliver when her water bag burst. I dilated 1.5 cm after 1 week still 1.5 cm when I go induce. So dilation doesn't mean immediate labour. You admit to hospital when you can't take the contraction pain or is too short interval like every 5-10mins, or water bag burst.

Hi all,

I thought I was the only one who reached EDD and no sign of labour haha~ anyway I would opt for induce and then take epi if given a choice again...my water bag burst 1 day after EDD (cause i chose to wait) but my baby had already poo inside hence I went through emergency csect instead...but if you induce and dilation come too slowly I think will also become a csect...the choice is yours! Good luck!

Signs of labour :
1)Water bag bursts or leak
2)Show time (blood)
3) contractions every 5 mins or less

If u have contractions, just write down the time, if it gets more freq like 5 to 3 mins, consistently, head for hospital.
Normally I will have a quick bath, wash my hair as I will not be able to do so during confinement

Some pple take a short while to give birth, some takes longer. I took half a day. I have high tolerant to pain but epidural was useless to me.

My friend who had low tolerance to pain had painless labour. She said she saw her tummy moving left and right but no pain
Still she took up epidural just in case.

Life can be unfair.:p

I was induced 2 weeks earlier becoz bb is getting too big.
From my 1st pill to dilation to abt 9cm, I took more than 36 hrs, still cannot dilate to 10cm.
In the end, emergency c-sect.
And my bb also has not engaged during the wait so when they attempted to break my water bag, they need to reach inner.. It was quite painful..
I think really depend on individual body... Induce can be fast or slow..
And due to the slow process, my hospital bill also escalate. *_*"

Hihi i have low milk supply for few days n it realli cause me fall into depression.. i couldnt sleep for days.. now slowly getting better n trying to think positive

Keep massaging, eat well, rest well. Holding bb and allowing bb to be breastfed directly is even better. Motherly instinct can help the milking process....

Drink more fluids.. Soup.

My gynae gave me lactation tablets before I delivered. You can try. Just keep drinking more!!

Jia you!!!

actually can remove the binder la, juz less effective only if u don't mind. last time I removed the binder & shower after 4hrs coz my #1 didn't like the jamu smell. crying & screaming even thou I carried him, after I shower then immed ok when I carried him. this time I try to leave it longer ard 6-7hrs & remove before I sleep. for me it's more of to relax & massage the aches so I'm not so concerned abt how long I have the binder on, cannot tahan then juz remove.

I find the massage more painful than relaxing. I didn't ask her to exert less strength as I am worried that it will affect the effectiveness of the massage so just endured it. Maybe it is painful due to water retention? She massaged quite hard on my calves and thighs.

I find the massage more painful than relaxing. I didn't ask her to exert less strength as I am worried that it will affect the effectiveness of the massage so just endured it. Maybe it is painful due to water retention? She massaged quite hard on my calves and thighs.

Haha ya cos they need to "push" the wind in our body out..I also endure and afterwards felt great despite whole body like blue black..

Hihi i have low milk supply for few days n it realli cause me fall into depression.. i couldnt sleep for days.. now slowly getting better n trying to think positive

We all have to try to stay positive. My pd says feed BM and supplement with fm after. Important to keep baby hydrated.
Not everyone is blessed to have a good and sufficient flow quickly.

Mine too. She used quite a bit of strength on my tummy area. But the massage is really effective. i start to see my waist again. My tummy is almost back to pre-pregnancy days though my tummy is very shaggy.

the company I signed up with only do post natal for csect earliest at 3 weeks postpartum. even then she doesn't really massage hard on the wound area.
I just had my 4th day post natal massage. This is my 3rd week post csect. Do u still experience pain inside ur womb region post 3 week csect? A bit worried coz my right side of the womb is still painful and I am worried I can't bath or care my bb alone after 1 month confinement.:s

I just had my 4th day post natal massage. This is my 3rd week post csect. Do u still experience pain inside ur womb region post 3 week csect? A bit worried coz my right side of the womb is still painful and I am worried I can't bath or care my bb alone after 1 month confinement.:s

what kind of pain? pain when touch on the csect scar or when press into the womb at the csect area? did ur massage lady massage very hard at the csect area?

I already didn't have much pain after 1st wk that's y started post natal at 3rd wk. even then my massage lady don't really dare massage at the csect area, more of put slimming cream & binding at that area only. previously during #1, I had infection at my csect area (slight pain when press into the womb on the csect area) & only started my post natal after gynae clearance at 6wks.

it'll be better to play safe & go see gynae if the pain is affecting u to take care of ur urself & bb. meanwhile ask ur massage lady to not massage too hard on the csect area ba. take care!

what kind of pain? pain when touch on the csect scar or when press into the womb at the csect area? did ur massage lady massage very hard at the csect area?

I already didn't have much pain after 1st wk that's y started post natal at 3rd wk. even then my massage lady don't really dare massage at the csect area, more of put slimming cream & binding at that area only. previously during #1, I had infection at my csect area (slight pain when press into the womb on the csect area) & only started my post natal after gynae clearance at 6wks.

it'll be better to play safe & go see gynae if the pain is affecting u to take care of ur urself & bb. meanwhile ask ur massage lady to not massage too hard on the csect area ba. take care!
Its painful on the right side of the womb. There is no pain on the scar tissue. I can't walk properly and its painful when slightly pressed. Oh dear, I didn't get the doc clearance. I'm worried that the stitches inside may have opened. :(

GP may not give. I brought my daughter to GP and he didn't give cos he say he didn't see anything serious that requires nasal spray.

Hi mummies, any of you eating alot of ginger vinegar? Does this worsen jaundice in breastfed baby?

Also, do you all actually stay at home for the whole month of confinement other than medical checkup at gynae or PD?

Ginger will worsen jaundice. So please avoid to eat ginger if u give BM. Auntie still can cook with ginger but u don't eat it

Back