IVF/ICSI Support Group

Did your gynae ask you to take coq10 and royal jelly? Wonder if coq10 is safe to consume?
My 1st ivf failed due to poor egg quality with 1 egg transferred.

Is this your 1st ivf? How was your egg quality? Any improvements after consuming coq10 and royal jelly?

Bbpony..
Coq10 and royal jelly is mostly taken by lots of sistas here...u can do a search on coq10 it does improves quality in some websites...but again these are just recommendations...u might like to check with ur gynae. ..

It's my 2nd fresh ..but I have to be honest. ..this cycle I didn't diligently take for 3.mths prior to ivf. ..so not didn't yield as much good eggs as previous cycle. ..
My 1st cycle I got 11 eggs retrieved .. fertilised 7... 2 grade 4 the rest grade 3. I took 3 mths coq10 and royal jelly . This cycle I only started taking when the cycle starts and it only have 7 to 8 eggs but only 3 retrieved. .1 fertilised. ..
Not sure if it's due to age but ... I felt supplement does plays a part...

Light flow af starts and tomorrow I will go down for my BT. Need a proper closure. And i surely look forward to get my frosties report. If there is any at all!

Hi Xiaomyang. Did you manage to.see the doc Ytd ?

Hi summerreef,

Are you still spotting? I cancelled my appt with doc yesterday cos my spotting kinda stopped... No more need panty liner.... But today I saw some brownish blood when I wipe... Sigh. Stupid menses playing hide and seek with me...

So did you see doc and what did doc say?

Lainelaine: good luck for ET tomorrow!

Redvel: sorry to hear... hugs and hope there will be good news on the snowbabies..

Hi ladies need some advice. Me failed 1st ifv with kkh. As I am under private I paid total amount from my pocket. Now I want to start my 2nd fresh thinking to change to Thomson. Will it be worthable to change ? Under Thomson how much it cost? Will be there any difference in procedure?
The ER/ET is $6k (package). Stimukation meds at TFC is abt 1.2x the dosage (does that make sense?). When i compared w KKH it was abt 0.7x the dosage. hence total cost will depend on your dosage

Each scan appmt will set you back by $200 for scan and consult.

But perhaps just see dr loh for a consult and see what he recommends?

Hi summerreef,

Are you still spotting? I cancelled my appt with doc yesterday cos my spotting kinda stopped... No more need panty liner.... But today I saw some brownish blood when I wipe... Sigh. Stupid menses playing hide and seek with me...

So did you see doc and what did doc say?
Hi Xiaomyang,

Yea mine still persisting. Like you say it comes and go like hide and seek. But now they are brown blood and not that many too. So decided to wait til my next appt which is 29 Aug next Friday.

Thanks y'all.
All our 5 embies made it to frosties. So I heaved a sign for now. We will take a break then FET late this year.
Glad all make it to frosties
For now, take a rest and perhaps, go for short holiday to relax urself for the upcoming FET..

Thanks y'all.
All our 5 embies made it to frosties. So I heaved a sign for now. We will take a break then FET late this year.
Glad your beanies made it to freeze.. Go take a break and relax yourself before you embark on a new season ya.. :)

hugz redvel...
:( why why why....first time I cried on the operating chair...only 1 made it out of 9...I was even thinking whether to transfer that one...decided not to give up any chance. I always tell others that we only need 1...but when i only really have one, i feel the pain...jiayou bub! I pray u r the one!

Laineliane...
Don't be sad.... I only have 1 too....
I just tell to myself.... just that one ...
God send that One..don't cry ....
Have faith....!

Hugs big back laine!!

You see me...more fertilised more transfered yet didn't work. Yes that would be your strong sticky bud! Hope you have wiped your tears and start to talk happy talk with your lil warrior in you.

Thanks...

Yes got the call on my BT within 2 hrs from Kkh earlier this morning. My appt with Dr S is 2 Sep. That's fast! My friend failed her iui but appt with her is 30Sep. Maybe senior citizen got privilege lol.

Redvel please don't mind my advice y can't u go to SIS to check u r womb? Few ladies here after there multiple failures they went for that to confirm everything is fine. If u had already done with it please ignore this.

There are many advices popping up for me to consider infertility checks :) I will consider them in due time. One of them is autoimmune disorder.

What it's SIS by the way? Thanks.

SIS is like HSG but HSG will check our tubes are patent or not where as SIS will check our womb. If there are any adhesions or polyps can be known. They will insert saline into our womb and will take images thru X ray. However u discuss with sadhana

I did something similar (but can't quite remember if got saline insert) at private where doc told me it can spot abnormalities in my womb. That's when fibroids were found. He said they have not much harm. Dr S also says the same.

Redvel u can go to intra lipid with Dr. Loh I know it is not proven but here many sisters succeed after taking.

One more thing is if we are on progesterone inserts and if they r in high levels in our body then our af should not arrive. But y we will be out before our BT day. I can't understand it. U can ask sadhana about this. My point is may be progesterone levels not enough for our embryos to survive? Usually with utrogestrone inserts there will be more leak out as per my observations.

Some where I read that endo scratch can last it's effect for 3 months. If it is true u can plan before so that no need to do it again

Lainelaine: positive thoughts. I know it wasnt easy to hear but every embbie deserves a chance.. let's root each other and for bbjourney this friday!! (And any more sister in 2ww!!!)

Yeah ron! U jiayou too!
bbjourney, all the best for tmr!

Anyone went on hols during 2ww? Supposed to go with family on 30 aug...thh and my tcm both advised not to go. Its 5 days b4 actual bt, will it affect?

redvel, ur factory and quality is still v gd. Maybe laparoscopy to chk for endo? Thats what my previous dr told me to do for unexplained infertility. Take care, recharge and come back stronger!

Endo scratch lasts 3 months? Ok I shall ask doc about it.

What's the symptoms of endo btw? My af is regular and i ovulate on my own and I don't have major problem nor clot when af-ing. So wondering what to look out for.

I googled on symptoms on endo and i don't face bad cramps nor backache etc but I do have stupid spotting before af.

I usually get like 3 days of dark brown spotting before start of af. My sinseh told me my Qi is weak that's why. But do you gals spot before af? Or it's like a tap open n close??

Thanks anamika87.

What would be the other tests that are available and may be good to do?
hi ,just want to say infertility can come from men too. not only ladies.man's test can include sa dna fragmentation test n oxidative stress assembly test the spermies has also a part to play for poor fertilisation though sa results may be ok ..sometimes its not just e ladies side having infertility problems..

I googled on symptoms on endo and i don't face bad cramps nor backache etc but I do have stupid spotting before af.

I usually get like 3 days of dark brown spotting before start of af. My sinseh told me my Qi is weak that's why. But do you gals spot before af? Or it's like a tap open n close??
I don't usually have spotting before af. Maybe once in a few months I may get spotting a day before. But my af will stop after 2 days and return again on the 4th day. Not sure why. Doctors are not able to tell me the reason. I have not seek for TCM treatment. I might go see one soon.
Used to get very bad cramps and backache. After taking 4 months of royal jelly with coq10, it's no longer that bad during af.

My swab result back.. Yeast infection. -_-"
Apparently from what I gathered online, it will cause spotting.

Redvel,
I do spot few days before my AF.
Only this time when test positive, no spotting.

Faithbb oh remember to wear cotton undies and change often. And avoid thong :) No panty liner if you do wear them. Take lotsa cranberry juice and chase the yeasty away.

Connie that's something that we ladies tend to miss out. Good point. But i can't help thinking it's my problem because of my age. My man is very much younger than me. His SA is not ideal ya. But never thought he could do with further tests.

Hey how long does yeast infection usually last?? I have it on and off (symptom:itch!) since beginning July. But gynae does not think it is a big problem. Is it normal ah?? (Note: Failed my FET in July)

Redvel: this is fresh #2 right? Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw. Many sisters unfortuantely need a few tries before they succeed. I am one of those useless cases - 11 embryos put back over 5 transfers and only 1 BFP ever. Sometimes it does take a few more tries esp for us older char bohs. You still hv frosties - dont give up!

Ladies, apart from chicken essence, black bean pork soup and durians, any recommendations on food to keep the body warm? I hv a very cold body :(

Ron, my sis did 3rd transfer to be successful. And the other extreme end is another friend who did 8x. 8x! I'm still hopeful :) Yes it's my 2nd fresh.

I think LRD works quite well. Some ladies drink DOM. I don't anymore because doc says it may aggravate my fibroids.

Hey how long does yeast infection usually last?? I have it on and off (symptom:itch!) since beginning July. But gynae does not think it is a big problem. Is it normal ah?? (Note: Failed my FET in July)

I used to have when younger and it was treated and it has never came back *touch wood*. I healed pretty fast by prescription of pressaries insert into the V. You mean the doc didn't give you any medicine?

And if you have occurring episodes, it might be due to diet. (Or those mentioned like wearing thong or wearing panty liner etc). There are many food that may make the infection coming back. Sadly have to avoid too much sugar, high sugar fruits, even some grains and diary products. Very strict. Maybe try to cut down some and see if it improves.

Last edited:

Soy products is to be cut down during ttc. Of course moderation is no issue.

Soy upsets the hormonal balance in us (commonly the terms FSH, LH, estrogen). I would avoid but don't need to totally eliminate.

Back