(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

they say healthy cos less oil is used to achieve the deep fry effect ..
haben not tried any yet cos no one in my family fall for it lolz
I wan to buy.. My husband don't allow.. say I have a lot of electrical appliance at home, no space to put..
No need use oil, is a bit dry.. But overall healthy and not bad. My aunt have one..
I wan because if hungry anytime, just take nuggets, fries etc from freezer and fried. No need fry over oil and mop the floor.

My aqua fitness mummies recommended the Spectra M1 as an alternative to Madela Freestyle. Much cheaper tooo...

http://mama2baby.wordpress.com/2014/02/23/breast-pump-dilemma-and-review-of-the-spectra-m1/
http://mummylilthought.wordpress.co...style-vs-spectra-m1_breast_pump_reviews_blog/
http://the-after-i-do.blogspot.sg/2014/04/medela-freestyle-vs-spectra-m1.html

If you buy the Freestyle end up not using it due to whatever reason is a very painful (and expensive) investment.

Spectra doesn't have a local distributor so have to buy through the Malaysia distributor... Given the low price point, I may consider getting it....

my mom just called me to say my son got nose bleeding ..she panicked... but the bleeding has stopped .and he still happy jumping around and singing ..hmm
my BFF aka google said Common causes of nosebleeds include colds, allergies, and sinus infections; low humidity; and trauma (like nose picking, a foreign object in the nose, or being hit in the nose)
he did fall and knocked his nose a couple of weeks ago.. and resulted in nose bleed but other than nose bleed no other injury and he still happy go lucky... laughing and singing ..

he did had running nose these few days hmm and he do sleep in aircon room so could it be air too dry leh hmmm
i told my hubby he said no need panic if only one epsiode ..cos he too get nose bleed occasionally .. :s

so anyone got such experience ..esp those with > 1 kid

I wan to buy.. My husband don't allow.. say I have a lot of electrical appliance at home, no space to put..
No need use oil, is a bit dry.. But overall healthy and not bad. My aunt have one..
I wan because if hungry anytime, just take nuggets, fries etc from freezer and fried. No need fry over oil and mop the floor.
true.
more convenient.

but i find the taste of the nuggets abit weird leh. haha you might want to try the food first before buying

mine also dun allow me to buy lolz ...he said u got oven also can do the same thing
why waste money lolz

Ya i have 1 too. My hubby love it cos anytimes hungry just throw the food inside no need deep fry etc . Save time & is healthy.

my mom just called me to say my son got nose bleeding ..she panicked... but the bleeding has stopped .and he still happy jumping around and singing ..hmm
my BFF aka google said Common causes of nosebleeds include colds, allergies, and sinus infections; low humidity; and trauma (like nose picking, a foreign object in the nose, or being hit in the nose)
he did fall and knocked his nose a couple of weeks ago.. and resulted in nose bleed but other than nose bleed no other injury and he still happy go lucky... laughing and singing ..

he did had running nose these few days hmm and he do sleep in aircon room so could it be air too dry leh hmmm
i told my hubby he said no need panic if only one epsiode ..cos he too get nose bleed occasionally .. :s

Err I no kid.. But I got it often when I was young cos I dig my nose lol... Hmm but u better ask him if he got any pain and if he did dig his nose to trigger it.. Just worried bcos of his recent fall.. But if nv hit the head shd be ok ba..

My SIL has a air-fryer ... The Phillips one... its quite bulky in size definitely takes up space ... best part is u can only fry a small qty at one time... so if you are going to host a party with lots of frying, the wok and oil work faster... :p Tried and tested!

Yes one episode only... bleed for how long?! monitor a week and note the occurrence

Err I no kid.. But I got it often when I was young cos I dig my nose lol... Hmm but u better ask him if he got any pain and if he did dig his nose to trigger it.. Just worried bcos of his recent fall.. But if nv hit the head shd be ok ba..
cos of the running nose he did dig his nose quite often recently ... as for teh fall it is face down on the floor but that was a couple of weeks ago ... btw his is those dripping nose bleed not those tissue wipe and see some blood stain

Yes one episode only... bleed for how long?! monitor a week and note the occurrence

awhile only ..my mom ask him lay down for a while and it stopped ...i suspect the digging of nose and the running nose aka blowing of nose caused it ..cos he had recurring running nose... it is those on off on off for the past weeks... just when it get better it come back again ...

think on safe side i bring him to his PD tonight ( since they got night clinic tonight) and fix the running nose problem
and get a humidifier for his room just in case the aircon air is too dry ...

any recommendation for humidifier ?

but if buy from US, no warranty right?

cause i was on ebay last week and saw them selling for 300 plus USD
No warranty but assuming u can find someone who is willing to carry it for u from the US, what u pay here (assume the non discounted price of 799) can get u 2 freestyles from amazon (at abt 300 usd?). I am willing to take the chance.. haha.

What I miss eating most:
Salmon sashimi
Chocolate (My fav,but preg i dun like)
Shark fin soup
Deep fried shark meat in flour batter
Root Beer
Mayonaise (everything taste nicer with mayonise)
Half Boil egg in Ramen
Ham
Orh Jian (Fried Oyster Omelette)
Satay (scared half cooked)

If my hubby or family eat those, i will stare at them like a hungry dog :(

Wah i wasnt feeling well the previous few days so din come on forum, so many posts to read! Anyway the one that strucks my heart is the what i miss eating most post..
I miss...
Sashimi
Coke
Coffee
Half boil egg in ramen
oysters
smelly cheese
kuay chap - can eat?? Some pp told me cannot, i dunno can or not.

but this past week all no appetite so dont even dream abt food anymore. My hubby also very poor thing cos i no appetite then no inspiration to cook and he got nothing to eat has to tabao.

And think abt it...not sure if it is worth paying 100 plus more for the warranty (assume that u need to use comgateway to ship to sgp on ur own, mebbe say 500 bucks). pay 150 more for warranty..that's a whopping 30% on the cost of the item at 500 bucks. May be better off paying Medela singapore to repair it? Or if u rly want, can send it back to the US and see what Medela US can do for u. I think the latter is better than getting medela singapore to repair it for u tho ...

Wah i wasnt feeling well the previous few days so din come on forum, so many posts to read! Anyway the one that strucks my heart is the what i miss eating most post..
I miss...
Sashimi
Coke
Coffee
Half boil egg in ramen
oysters
smelly cheese

but this past week all no appetite so dont even dream abt food anymore. My hubby also very poor thing cos i no appetite then no inspiration to cook and he got nothing to eat has to tabao.

Oh Kuay Chap. During my 1st 3 mth, i almost every week eat once. hahahaha But why ppl say cannot eat?

And think abt it...not sure if it is worth paying 100 plus more for the warranty (assume that u need to use comgateway to ship to sgp on ur own, mebbe say 500 bucks). pay 150 more for warranty..that's a whopping 30% on the cost of the item at 500 bucks. May be better off paying Medela singapore to repair it?

I think my freestyle is quite hardy la... to think that I can pump up to 8x a day... or average 6x a day for 10 months and I have packed freestyle to my holidays 4x... kept in my cupboard for 3 years and it is still workable after so long (tested by my friend recently)... unless you dropped the unit or you sink the unit into the water... i think very difficult to spoil la

I miss...
Sashimi
Coke
Coffee
Half boil egg in ramen
oysters
smelly cheese

I just had Kuay chap last week.. =X

I think my freestyle is quite hardy la... to think that I can pump up to 8x a day... or average 6x a day for 10 months and I have packed freestyle to my holidays 4x... kept in my cupboard for 3 years and it is still workable after so long (tested by my friend recently)... unless you dropped the unit or you sink the unit into the water... i think very difficult to spoil la
that's what I think! or u smash it with a sledgehammer or throw it out of the window or
sth... else i tink...the motor shldnt spoil... haha. at most is just buy the replacement kit lor.. haha

huh cannot eat Kway Chap! I eat almost every week leh!!

Yeah! Linlin and ecym, since you all can eat, then i think i can eat sometimes also hehe. Heard that some of the herbs used not good for preggy mums, and animal organs high in vitamin A, haha, i'm a first time mother so just listen lor. But i also dunno how true it is.

How is the suction? Reviews said freestyle suction gets weaker over time and not able to empty your breasts. You have any such probs?

I keep reading the tight fight between freestyle and spectra m1.

Yeah! Linlin and ecym, since you all can eat, then i think i can eat sometimes also hehe. Heard that some of the herbs used not good for preggy mums, and animal organs high in vitamin A, haha, i'm a first time mother so just listen lor. But i also dunno how true it is.
huh? i din know they used herbal to make it leh

it is the intestine thingy pple say not healthy bah

No herb la.. only spices and sauces... BKT (black) has herb so that one dun drink too much...

Oh yes intestine is high in bad cholesterol but nothing to do being pregnant...

By the way, there was one post on pre-natal yoga, i'm interested to go but thought i would wait till some time later in the 2nd trimester, what i do now is i stream the youtube video on pre-natal yoga onto my TV at home and do it in the living room. Dont have the link with me right now but its easy to search on youtube. If anybody wants let me know and i will go search for it and paste the direct link here..

I think at the organs cannot eat. The Kuay, tau pok, tau gua, egg... Shld be okay. I read somewhere all those organs better don't eat...

How is the suction? Reviews said freestyle suction gets weaker over time and not able to empty your breasts. You have any such probs?

I keep reading the tight fight between freestyle and spectra m1.

I have no such problem with freestyle... though I heard from my friends, some other breastpumps are better... before freestyle i was using manual hand pump... so i have no other dual electrnoic pumps to compare but freestyle works for me perfectly well!

I have no such problem with freestyle... though I heard from my friends, some other breastpumps are better... before freestyle i was using manual hand pump... so i have no other dual electrnoic pumps to compare but freestyle works for me perfectly well!
btw how is ur manual pump? I am thinking of getting a manual pump cos it is a cheap backup (like suay suay my electric one breaks down) and it is very quiet and portable , making it a good option for me to relieve engorged breasts if i am out for say, 1-2 hrs?

Oh i see, i just eat. I still eat Big intestine, salted veg lah etc. Hahaha is my favourite wor.

btw how is ur manual pump? I am thinking of getting a manual pump cos it is a cheap backup (like suay suay my electric one breaks down) and it is very quiet and portable , making it a good option for me to relieve engorged breasts if i am out for say, 1-2 hrs?

My friend lends me her medela manual (should be single electric) pump before I deliver, good suction, a bit too strong, i think only two levels of strength to choose but its tooooooooooo noisy and because its not dual, i take twice the time to pump milk.... not happy so went off to buy freestyle! i also bought a cheap Farlin manual pump which i use in the hospital, can pump the first few days of colostrum la but after discharge I did not use le...

Last edited:
My friend lends me her medela manual pump before I deliver, good suction, a bit too strong, i think only two levels of strength to choose but its tooooooooooo noisy and because its not dual, i take twice the time to pump milk.... not happy so went off to buy freestyle! i also bought a cheap Farlin manual pump which i use in the hospital, can pump the first few days of colostrum la but after discharge I did not use le...
how come manual is noisy leh? squeak or ?

My friend lends me her medela manual pump before I deliver, good suction, a bit too strong, i think only two levels of strength to choose but its tooooooooooo noisy and because its not dual, i take twice the time to pump milk.... not happy so went off to buy freestyle! i also bought a cheap Farlin manual pump which i use in the hospital, can pump the first few days of colostrum la but after discharge I did not use le...

You mean Medela Harmony? I thought of buying Medela Harmony and either Freestyle or spectra m1 (most prob m1).

Back