(2014/08) August 2014

Hi mommies, may u know if anyone has undergone cesarean and has malay binding done b4 post 2 weeks after delivery?
Hi..i heard c sect do massage on the 3rd week. My ex col did her massage by a malay lady after 2wks..her wound 'burst' and she hospitalised 2days. She say e lady press v hard but the Malay lady insisted ok. On her 3rd day massage,her wound burst.
I hear liao scared malay lady so i find Chinese 1.

Anyone with a Newborn that breathes very loudly? CL told me abt LO's breathing noise and seems he is not breathing smoothly...

Does an infant actually snore?

I understand that its becos of the dirt inside the nose that causes the breathing noise. And it hardens over the days. They just have to sneeze it out sooner or later so it clears their nose.. nothing we can do but wait. Sometimes its visible enough that u can just pull it out but if its too deep in.. just wait then.

Anyone with a Newborn that breathes very loudly? CL told me abt LO's breathing noise and seems he is not breathing smoothly...

Does an infant actually snore?
My boy has the same issue... The doc at polyclinic said it is sometimes due to nose block.
He checked my boy's breathing and said the lungs are clear so nothing to worry about.
Prescribe saline drop for the blocked nose.

Ladies with confinement nanny - how are you ladies delegating the work?

How about sleeping arrangement?

I took baby from her room into mine the past two nights - reason being its easier for me to monitor and I don't want to wait until he's wailing then feed. But hubs is affected and asked why we hired a nanny if we still go through this.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

CL is only to help u for 1mth. the bb will be sleeping with u after the CL leaves right? so the earlier u & hb get into the routine of taking care of bb urself the better. then u won't feel so lost when CL leaves.

Hi mommies, may u know if anyone has undergone cesarean and has malay binding done b4 post 2 weeks after delivery?

the company I signed up with only do post natal for csect earliest at 3 weeks postpartum. even then she doesn't really massage hard on the wound area.

Ladies with confinement nanny - how are you ladies delegating the work?

How about sleeping arrangement?

I took baby from her room into mine the past two nights - reason being its easier for me to monitor and I don't want to wait until he's wailing then feed. But hubs is affected and asked why we hired a nanny if we still go through this.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Usually confinement nanny is able to recognise the early hunger cues from baby and won't wait till baby wail. My CL always pass me baby to feed before she even starts to cry.

I leave my baby to sleep with CL because the first month after delivery is when we need to rest the most. And sometimes in the middle of the night baby needs to burp or what (anything other than feeding) my CL will handle.

In short, I only breastfeed (latch and pump) the rest I leave it to CL to handle. But of course when I feel able to, I will stand by the side and learn from CL things like bathe baby, change diaper, look for hunger signs and burping signs etc.

Agree with didy. Just let the confinement handle as u have to take care of bb after she is gone. Just rest as much as u can. The last time I had my DD, I even went to sleep I in another room as she was too noisy (disturbed husband's sleep). I only slept with my bb in the afternoon during confinement to get some hands-on experience.

Mummy when does your breast milk start flowing ?
It's already day 5 for me and still not flowing much. .. don't want to starve my little bb

Attachments

• 1408424183520.jpg
    1408424183520.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 254
Agree with didy. Just let the confinement handle as u have to take care of bb after she is gone. Just rest as much as u can. The last time I had my DD, I even went to sleep I in another room as she was too noisy (disturbed husband's sleep). I only slept with my bb in the afternoon during confinement to get some hands-on experience.
Yes.my CL and my mum help take care bb while i rest. Afternoon bb lie beside me..at night she sleep with CL in another room and i just focus on milk pumping.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

I am only introducing the bottle after a month old.

I tried a new arrangement last night - I left baby with CL, went over every 2 hours for his feed. Worked well. Except once when baby cried earlier, she cane to my room to wake me up instead. Managed to really sleep (first time in the week), I think cos no baby's presence in the room to make me kan chiong, hubs got his sleep to focus on work this week.

Hope this arrangement will work out for the rest of the month... Then maybe I'll sleep separately from hubs if he cannot take it. Haha!

Dont worry too much.. Just be consistent and diligent in latching bb on every 3 hours.
After that use the pump to stimulate, 5 min each side for 3 cycles,
If no milk or low milk also nevermind.. Main thing is to stimulate the breast so that it will increase the supply
I have been following the above sequence according to instructions given by the nurses.
And milk flow become consistent from Day 7 onwards.
If you feel that bb is not satisfied with the amount of milk, just top up with formula.
I also ate a lot of fish (almost every meal) and drink fish soup (w or withou green papaya).

My baby gal is 19th day old..
Her appetite is shocking good.. initially she milk 3hrly slowly slowly 1hrly..1hrly plus she will cried for milk.. my hubby disapproved pacifier.
But can baby drink like that???

My baby gal is 19th day old..
Her appetite is shocking good.. initially she milk 3hrly slowly slowly 1hrly..1hrly plus she will cried for milk.. my hubby disapproved pacifier.
But can baby drink like that???
Might be growth spurt which occurs when baby is 2-3 weeks old

Have to drag timing. They may have tummy ache and mistaken as hunger. If ur timing is always 3 hrs. The most is 2.5 give. Check if hee tummy is hard. May have wind that causes the timmy ache. This is what my CL says.

Mummies..i know i shouldn't be sharing this now but i dnt know whom to confide...i was looking thru my hubby hp for my baby pic to upload...i saw a selfie pic of a girl!i was shocked! I ran thru his whatsapp contacts n found that girl pic to be someone call sophia. Should i confront or keep quiet?he's nice to me all these while but we had stopped intimacy ever since i found out pregnancy. I am lost and have been crying for few hours.

Mummies..i know i shouldn't be sharing this now but i dnt know whom to confide...i was looking thru my hubby hp for my baby pic to upload...i saw a selfie pic of a girl!i was shocked! I ran thru his whatsapp contacts n found that girl pic to be someone call sophia. Should i confront or keep quiet?he's nice to me all these while but we had stopped intimacy ever since i found out pregnancy. I am lost and have been crying for few hours.

Hi dear, *hugs* Pls stop crying as u just gave birth cannot cry too much.
If it's me, I'll ask my hub immediately. See how he's gg to reply. Selfie pic with proper attire on, I can accept with his good explanation. Cos sometimes my hub also snapshot his friends WA profile pic.

He's working late today cause he said he's going on a last min business trip tomorrow till friday. I hope i can pull thru this. Thanks mummies. I'll ask him later.
The pic is like those club picture...

Don't jump into conclusion yet.
You should know your hubby well. Majority mommies also stops intimacy with hubby ever since preg, for my case cos I had virginal fungus/bacteria infection hence entirety stopped.

After birth, new life adaption not easy..times really don't know what baby wants hence must control else easily get post natal blues. Find a suitable time to ask rather thsn self guessing n cry.

Have to drag timing. They may have tummy ache and mistaken as hunger. If ur timing is always 3 hrs. The most is 2.5 give. Check if hee tummy is hard. May have wind that causes the timmy ache. This is what my CL says.

She refused to sleep if dont give her more milk and can make me n CL suffered in the mid of nite.

I suspect I have block ducts. Felt chilly starting last nite, and left breast is engorged all the time.

Did 2 night pumps instead of DL to drain breast instead of waiting for baby.

Shld I go to a lactation consultant or massage lady? I want a quick solution cos it is painful and I can't sleep much...

hi mummies who have brought ur babies to polyclinic for vaccination, can help advise how to go abt doing it? when shld I schedule the first vaccination appt? and how to make the appt (by call or online or)? thanks!

My boy just done the 1st mth vaccination on 18 aug at polyclinic. I just walk in and told bb come for vaccination. Just said bb 1st time visit no appointment ..and they will give the q no.

My boy just done the 1st mth vaccination on 18 aug at polyclinic. I just walk in and told bb come for vaccination. Just said bb 1st time visit no appointment ..and they will give the q no.

oh first visit no need appt? newborn any priority? how long is the wait?

I suspect I have block ducts. Felt chilly starting last nite, and left breast is engorged all the time.

Did 2 night pumps instead of DL to drain breast instead of waiting for baby.

Shld I go to a lactation consultant or massage lady? I want a quick solution cos it is painful and I can't sleep much...

quick get it solved before it turns to mastitis. pump is useless for me. try hot compress (can use hot wet towel) to soften the lumps then use hand to massage (easier to massage using baby oil) out the lumps towards the nipple & squeeze out the milk until breast is soft & no longer lumpy. easier if u ask hb to massage for u.

yah I agree with Shirley. don't jump to conclusion first & just ask casually. maybe it's juz a fun night out with friends etc. most men, if they care abt the family, will realize that they r wrong & stop whatever funny things that they r doing. stay strong! hugz!

Yeah actually sometimes some girls just out of hiao and fun, like to take selfie of themselves on other people's phone.

vicvic_mummy, I think it depends on your husband's character. If he is someone who gets angry easily, you may have to think twice, say talk abt a friend who has this situation and turn to him and say he will not do this to you... etc

If u think u cannot get it off your head, then u may have to ask your hubby directly, but patiently wait for his explanation.

Normally, before my husband goes for trip, I will remind him that he has a wife and children at home. Don't do anything wrong...

One of my friends even told her husband that 你做初一,我做十五。If she finds out he fools around, she will start to fool around too.

Don't cry too much, it is not good for health. Be strong and take good care of bb and yourself.

She refused to sleep if dont give her more milk and can make me n CL suffered in the mid of nite.

If u start giving 1 hr each time she get use to it very fast. then when cL goes back. We suffer. So have to be determine. Pacifier is actually the way to stop this but since ur hub disallow. Ask him to take over then he knows how tough it is. How I wish my girl want pacifier! She don't like and will spit out.

U on BM or FM?

My little one was admitted to hospital for photo treatment today. . PD said reading was very high so has to admit, he wouldn't recommend us to do phototherapy at home .. :-(

My little one was admitted to hospital for photo treatment today. . PD said reading was very high so has to admit, he wouldn't recommend us to do phototherapy at home .. :-(
What was the jaundice rating? Last week my baby was 12.6 and my PD still let me bring him home. Today 9.9 after more feeding. But if after week 3 still have jaundice above 6 then must check on his liver.

Are all of you doing post natal massage? I just had my first session this morning. Although it was relaxing, baby wailed cos he was hungry. The therapist was early and very impatient. More trying to hard sell her personal services, I feel.

I feel so oily, sweaty and gross after that and so bad towards baby. When I signed up, they told me I can remove the binder after 6 hours. Now the therapist today said I CANNOT at all. Its very gross.

Feel like cancelling the package. Anyone else going through the same thing? Are there other alternatives? So what if I decide not to do it? I'm more interested in getting rid of wind than stomach fat actually..

Last edited:
Are all of you doing post natal massage? I just had my first session this morning. Although it was relaxing, baby wailed cos he was hungry. The therapist was early and very impatient. More trying to hard sell her personal services, I feel.

I feel so oily, sweaty and gross after that and so bad towards baby. When I signed up, they told me I can remove the binder after 6 hours. Now the therapist today said I CANNOT at all. Its very gross.

Feel like cancelling the package. Anyone else going through the same thing? Are there other alternatives? So what if I decide not to do it? I'm more interested in getting rid of wind than stomach fat actually..

actually can remove the binder la, juz less effective only if u don't mind. last time I removed the binder & shower after 4hrs coz my #1 didn't like the jamu smell. crying & screaming even thou I carried him, after I shower then immed ok when I carried him. this time I try to leave it longer ard 6-7hrs & remove before I sleep. for me it's more of to relax & massage the aches so I'm not so concerned abt how long I have the binder on, cannot tahan then juz remove.

jaundice quite common. so try not worry too much k. juz make sure bb drinks lots & lots & lots then will be ok liao. take care. jiayou!

@kopibeanie - thanks! Well. I guess it varies with individual therapists. I really didn't like the one today. Ended up crying after the session cos I felt so bad for baby. :(

OK! I will definitely wash it tonight haha! Thanks babe! You just made me feel so much better

Sigh. I rented the machine today cuz my baby's jaundice went up after discharge. Its so worrying and my milk supply still low.

massage... massage... massage... excited_mum, I massage everytime b4 n after pumping milk until my breasts had bruises because I had no milk. you need to drink a lot of water, soup (that is where your milk comes from) After persisting this regime for weeks, I could pump 100ml in 10 mins....

When I say massage, I used my knuckles because I could feel that my breasts were not soft, blocked ducts...

Back