(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

So here teach me a lesson, sometimes weight loss may not be a good thing.. lol
Ya sudden weight loss is never a good sign... from my observation la! hyperthyroid other common symptoms are easily perspire, lots of breakouts. Serious ones are trembling hands, protruding eyes, swollen neck (cuz thyroid gland swollen)

When is the cut off date for airline to allow for travel during pregnancy?
usually before 32 weeks... i think different airline has different cut off, if you are going, just get a medical chit from your gynae to certify you fit to fly

that is what i heard but scare hot leh .. like we go japan or korea ..winter they all use heater NIAH ...and the room is so stuffy and hot ... we have to open the window to let the wind come in ..so scare cameron will be like that so until now haben go though i heard so much good thing abit it
i dont remember the Cameron hotel has heater, have water heater but no heater for room la... so if stuffy just open windows lor

Ooh sounds good.. is it advisable to go when we are preggy.. i wanted to go Cameron since loong ago.. how long would the trip up take?
same ...but no aircon ...that is the one that stopped us from going lolz

If you can tahan the long journey (with every 2 hourly break), you will take 10 hrs to reach Cameron highlands.. but its a pretty straight forward road to Cameron compared to Frasers' Hill... Good for kids there, have strawberry farms, bee farms, vege farms and night markets and of cos the tea plantations...
yah lor ...good fresh air and kid exposure to nature ...

i tot 32wks is the cut off

Alamak i have nursing poncho to cover me ma, i also wear nursing tops so i wont expose myself la... actually I pump in car many times le.. so I pretty pro in this...
really :eek:

Sahm, and mummies willing to take leave.. wanna Join us for lunch on 29Aug Fri at marche vivocity at 1pm..
lolz if it is earlier i can go join lunch then go back work lolz but i hardly know anyone from teh fb group leh lolz

lolz if it is earlier i can go join lunch then go back work lolz but i hardly know anyone from teh fb group leh lolz
Actually I also don't know anyone.. I think so far I know is 2 from here..
Wendy and vryn.. But who is who I forget liao, their Nick here..

Singapore Airlines does not accept pregnant passengers beyond the 35th week of pregnancy for a single, uncomplicated pregnancy, and 32 weeks for an uncomplicated pregnancy of multiples.

from the website

SQ got sale to BKK on zuji..super tempted!
SQ having promotion to alot of places .. it is mastercard promotion if not wrong ...but key thing to note..it is only certain flight or off peak season lolz

i also go poke my hubby go bkk ..cos my ex colleague jsut stayed in banyan tree bkk .. like very shiok like that lolz

I am ok with no aircon.. even in SG i sleep no aircon..

Eh @GetawayJunkie RSVPed for the aug gathering too.. plus me.. haha so that's two already..

Actually I also don't know anyone.. I think so far I know is 2 from here..
Wendy and vryn.. But who is who I forget liao, their Nick here..

cinderelly.. you are who ah? Haha I am Vryn~
:p
Wendy is what nick here?

I am ok with no aircon.. even in SG i sleep no aircon..

Eh @GetawayJunkie RSVPed for the aug gathering too.. plus me.. haha so that's two already..

cinderelly.. you are who ah? Haha I am Vryn~
:p
Wendy is what nick here?

i used to sleep non aircon but now used to aircon so prefer to have it lolz instead of open window and the moth fly in lolz

Wendy tan is @lovexuan lor

Anything after 36 weeks is a no-no for travelling for almost all airlines for single uncomplicated pregnancies.

Between 28 or 29 weeks onwards to 36 weeks, you need a doctors letter certifying that you are fit to fly. This varies between airlines, so you need to check the actual airline you are flying with. For Air Asia it is 27 weeks.

Best is to check individual airline policy. Every airline varies slightly on their policies.

Anything after 36 weeks is a no-no for travelling for almost all airlines for single uncomplicated pregnancies.

Between 28 or 29 weeks onwards to 36 weeks, you need a doctors letter certifying that you are fit to fly. This varies between airlines, so you need to check the actual airline you are flying with. For Air Asia it is 27 weeks.

Best is to check individual airline policy. Every airline varies slightly on their policies.

My doc tell me that after 20 weeks need a letter.. ? But I recall #1 I didnt get any letter and can just travel..

My doc tell me that after 20 weeks need a letter.. ? But I recall #1 I didnt get any letter and can just travel..

The airline policy determines whether need letter or not... but it's always good to have a letter just in case, even if the airline doesn't require it.

When I travelled last week, the clinic gave me a letter as well. I wasn't really showing hence no questions asked either...

http://www.airasia.com/ask/template.do?id=82
http://www.thaiairwaysusa.com/flight-information/-you-fly/expectant-mothers/you-fly.html
http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/travel-information/expectant-mothers/
http://www.jetstar.com/sg/en/planning-and-booking/in-flight-health#pregnancy
http://www.tigerair.com/sg/en/special_assistance_needs.php#Travelling_during_pregnancy

Good morning to all!!
Wanna ask the experienced mommies here, is there anyone of u who has had experience with both the Medela PISA and the Freestyle? I am quite torn between the 2. And correct me if I am wrong but if I were to get the PISA, I''d need an AC transformer whereas I do not need that for the Freestyle?

It seems that it's much cheaper to order it straight from Amazon, even with the delivery charges (100 plus dollars?) right?

I am a proud owner of Medela Freestyle. I bought the US model 2 years ago from
[email protected]

You will need to get the adapter.

Yes indeed.. posted to order some already ... my existing art and craft not enuff lolz my son kept coming up with new teacher name lolz

hahaha my girl also keeps popping new names too... aiyah I dun care, just give to the official two nursery teachers... i think the others are teacher assistants!

you all notice bo... a year ago the in thing to have is happy call pan ...
and now the in thing to have is air fryer :d and they are selling like hot cake now lolz

hahaha my girl also keeps popping new names too... aiyah I dun care, just give to the official two nursery teachers... i think the others are teacher assistants!
yours too lolz .. mine is not teacher assistant .. think they are music / PE teacher and pre nursery teacher lolz

for me he want to do let him do them lor.. better than let him watch tv :D

you all notice bo... a year ago the in thing to have is happy call pan ...
and now the in thing to have is air fryer :d and they are selling like hot cake now lolz

haha i tink HCP was the in-thing a couple of yrs ago. I don't rly like it cos it's very heavy, good for frying only certain items.

I think I'd still stick to my trusty kwali / heavy skillet for frying and cooking nia~

yours too lolz .. mine is not teacher assistant .. think they are music / PE teacher and pre nursery teacher lolz

for me he want to do let him do them lor.. better than let him watch tv :D

Correct! Better do art than watch TV/ipad! maybe I pop by Daiso one of the days and buy something smaller for the rest of the teachers... see what I can find ba! Stoooopid! Could have bought wholesale from BKK!!!! alamak! :confused:

haha i tink HCP was the in-thing a couple of yrs ago. I don't rly like it cos it's very heavy, good for frying only certain items.

I think I'd still stick to my trusty kwali / heavy skillet for frying and cooking nia~

Yes HCP is really heavy hor... and also quite difficult to wash! I use a few times for my own cooking then I leave it to my MIL helper to use...kekeke I prefer to use my thermal cooker!

Correct! Better do art than watch TV/ipad! maybe I pop by Daiso one of the days and buy something smaller for the rest of the teachers... see what I can find ba! Stoooopid! Could have bought wholesale from BKK!!!! alamak! :confused:
yah lor should have got it at BKK lah .. i still looking around what to get the teacher lolz

u should see how hot air fryer is now...all the weird method of cooking food ... i wonder how they clean the air fryer ...
unlike HCP can just soak in water to wash...but air fryer cant

u should see how hot air fryer is now...all the weird method of cooking food ... i wonder how they clean the air fryer ...
unlike HCP can just soak in water to wash...but air fryer cant
i see all my friends, everything also use air fryer (e.g. air fried eggs, air fried sweet potato strips, air fried sotong balls, air fried goodness knows what.) i wonder... how will the air fried eggs taste as compared to the he2 bao1 dan4 with crispy fringe that i can do with my trusty wok and wo1 can3. hmmm

that's what i tot too? I saw on some reviews that the mommy doesnt need a transformer for FS. I think u need the transformer for the PISA else the thing will blow.
i dun think transformer = adapter leh

A transformer is a component that changes AC current from one voltage to another. A transformer consists of two coils, one connected to the input, and one connected to the output. A transformer can convert voltage up or down, depending on the number of windings on the coil.

An adapter MAY include a transformer to change the voltage, but an adapter usually changes the voltage AND converts from AC to DC as well, and may have a regulator that locks the voltage to prevent a surge and other components that prevent what is called "ripple".

Just get to see my bb for the detailed scan. He is quite active but the sonographer still manage to capture the necessary shots within 20 min. Caught my boy yawning on screen too. Haha...Waiting for my gynae to go thru the report.
huh? u get the report immediately ?

the chinese wordings and shipping scares meh lolz
i can help u... :D i just helped a malay MTB explain sth fr taobao. last time i gave a "technical discussion" to my colls re taobao shopping, tho i didnt know that now u can ship directly, dont rly need 65daigou

i can help u... :D i just helped a malay MTB explain sth fr taobao. last time i gave a "technical discussion" to my colls re taobao shopping, tho i didnt know that now u can ship directly, dont rly need 65daigou
ok...thansk in advance .. if i see anythign interesting i come find you :D

i dun think transformer = adapter leh

A transformer is a component that changes AC current from one voltage to another. A transformer consists of two coils, one connected to the input, and one connected to the output. A transformer can convert voltage up or down, depending on the number of windings on the coil.

An adapter MAY include a transformer to change the voltage, but an adapter usually changes the voltage AND converts from AC to DC as well, and may have a regulator that locks the voltage to prevent a surge and other components that prevent what is called "ripple".
that's why i also confused. i know what the transformer is... can step up / step down the voltage but problem is some ppl keep calling it adapter, i also get confused. but so far my conclusion seems to be for FS, i dont need the transformer cos the thing can run on 110V (or is it 120v) to 240v. But the PISA adapter can only work on 120V(hence u need a transformer if u want to use it in say, Singapore or the UK else ur PISA will go kaputt).

but so far all i see, the adapter (the power cable thingy) is included... a bit weird to buy an electric pump and there is no adapter right...like u buy handphone but they dont give u the charging cable and adapte.r

i see all my friends, everything also use air fryer (e.g. air fried eggs, air fried sweet potato strips, air fried sotong balls, air fried goodness knows what.) i wonder... how will the air fried eggs taste as compared to the he2 bao1 dan4 with crispy fringe that i can do with my trusty wok and wo1 can3. hmmm
to me air fryer is like a mini version of oven niah :p

that's why i also confused. i know what the transformer is... can step up / step down the voltage but problem is some ppl keep calling it adapter, i also get confused. but so far my conclusion seems to be for FS, i dont need the transformer cos the thing can run on 110V (or is it 120v) to 240v. But the PISA adapter can only work on 120V(hence u need a transformer if u want to use it in say, Singapore or the UK else ur PISA will go kaputt)
yah agreed.

http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/463/freestyle-breastpump#!Whats-Included
this should give u a guide what is included in the package

but so far all i see, the adapter (the power cable thingy) is included... a bit weird to buy an electric pump and there is no adapter right...like u buy handphone but they dont give u the charging cable and adapte.r

Adaptor may also refer to the plug?? Because if buy from US the pin is different from the SG pin, so need adaptor to change the US pin to SG pin? *shrugs*

lolz...yah lor ... where got buy handphone no charger ... if my memory din failed me ..the adaptor is a 2 pin
if you have those multi plug /travel plug can use that already

Back