Any recommendation for preschool in the East?

deelee

I'm looking for good preschool around Sims Drive. Areas around Mountbatten/Katong can also be considered. Have shortlisted a few, but would like to hear feedbacks if any in case they are just good brands but do not practise what they sell...:p

- Pat's Schoolhouse (katong)

- Shaws (Mountbatten)

- Brightson Montessori (Fort)

- Ascension (Potong)

I'm open to any other good feedbacks that mummies can share...=)

u can consider MMI (KAtong) located at level 4 katong Shopping centre

Have you checked out Cherie Hearts @ Eastgate? Next to Roxy Square. My son has been there since July last year. Centre is very new and the gym is a favourite with my son. His large motor skills improved very quickly after he started going to school as they have gym time twice a day. They also started to serve organic brown rice in place of white rice recently. Telephone 63454555.

Hi, my 9-months old daughter is presently in Learning Vision @ Changi Business Park.

However i will be shifting to Katong/Joo Chiat area in July and am looking around for a good IFC/pre-school in the vcinity like yourself.

Here's my preliminary findings:-

a) Cherie Hearts @ Eastgate

I haven't visited the centre yet but the centre directors sounds friendly and professional over the phone.

b) Shaws Pre-school @ Mountbatten

Saw a couple of good reviews on other online forum but interaction with the administrative is so-so. Didn't sound too friendly or forthcoming.

c) The little Skool House @ Mountbatten Square

This is a NTUC subsidiary but the premise is new & spacious. Closest to what LV has to offer in terms of hardware. However teacher-wise, i think LV is more professional & friendly. The IFC is very popular though, fully booked & no wait-list.

d) Cherie Hearts @ Wareham Road

Teacher to student ratio is small for IFC, like 1 teacher to 2 infants. So a lot of attention is given to the child. However i don't like the hardware, the centre is in a house and somehow it seems very cramped and hot. But the childrens seem happy enuf. The principal is friendly and very passionate about the centre. She owns and runs the centre, with her own 2 child in it.

I ruled out Kinderland @ Mountbatten because i didn't like the place. Although it has a huge garden, the premise is quite cramped and the toys and books are really worned out, etc. Couldn't ascertain on the quality of the teachers or the children because the kids were out for excursion when i visited.

I will be visiting Cherie Hearts @ Eastgate and also Shaws Pre-school in the next couple of days.

Any luck on your side?

Mindchamps Preschool - NTUC Tampines Point

My youngest son now 4 yrs is currently there, can see a diff between my older boy now 7 when he was attending a normal child care centre.

Sch fee is $1280 before $300 subsidy...

Hope this helps ....

The first thing I must do is to pull my child out for Cherie Hearts @ Mountbatten.

For those who are there or thinking of enrolling with them, what I can say is good luck.......

hi 3J, care to share? i saw you post the same message in other forums too... but did not elaborate...

Hi 3J,

Ya. dun just badmouth & didnt't elaborate.

I been to that place, i quite like tat place also, got big playgnd & the internal learning area is spacious. The environment is really not bad even as an adult i quite like leh. Can you elaborate more?

why don't you guys try out cherie hearts Mountbatten. my son and my nephew attended. it was pretty good i must say. oh btw, recently they are having some kinda promotion but the seats are limited.

Hi Feli,

I am considering Cherie hearts @ MB..

can u gif me more feedbacks as in the profiling of the teachers.. Are they caring and have a genuine interest in t aking care of your children...

I am a first time mom.. Very worried abt infant care and the idea of sending my baby boy there. But presently do not have a choice. :-(

i am thinking of pulling my son out from Chen li Kindergarden now thinking of either enrolling him into cherie hearts or my little skool

any review on that can let mi know

How about

(1) Little Skool House @ Fidelio

(2) Kinderland @ Lakme Street

Actually prefer (1) because Iread the info on school, not too bad. Looks okay from outside while (2) looks old.

Any feedbacks on teachers there?

Mey

So far i've visited the following:

Shaws (mountbatten)

Schoolhouse by the bay*

Brighton montessori (Fort)*

Pats schoolhouse (siglap)*

Pats @ meyer

im more inclined to the ones in * but struggling to see which offers the most balanced curriculum.. any advice?

shaws nursery class can be quite big like 20 kids right? but when i went to see the sch the rooms dun look that big.. any mummies who put their kids in shaws care to share if the children get enough indoor space in the classroom?

Hi mommies

I'm planning to move to Mountbatten and aer searching for CC...

My child is currently with Learning Vision Surbana One and he is happy there.

I really hope to find a similar enjoyable environment for him.

Any good recommendation on CCC in Mounbatten Square and Mountbatten Rd?

I'm looking ta CHerie Hearts, Little Skool-house and Shilten House.

I think GUG does not offer full day Nursery level.

Your inputs are very much appreciated.

:)

Hey Mommies,

I stay around the marine parade area and looking for a good play school for my 19 month old, tried lorna whiston, shaws but these are all half day ones and i dont think my lil one is ready for a half day yet. Any suggestions on some good mid morning 2 to 3 hours play school around...

Hey Mommies,

I stay around the marine parade area and looking for a good play school for my 19 month old, tried lorna whiston, shaws but these are all half day ones and i dont think my lil one is ready for a half day yet. Any suggestions on some good mid morning 2 to 3 hours play school around...

Hi.. you can try this new school in marine parade central blk 89 My Little Sunshine International Preschool.. I dropped by and is considering placing my child there, great curriculum, knowledgeable teachers and bubble principal! I have the contact number of the school : 62477333. Good Luck!

Hi mummies,

Can share some advice on cc around Mountbatten area? there are quite a few cc here, but some fees are beyond my budget (mindchamps, chiltern house, eton house)...so m considering My First Skool, Cherie Hearts...will have to consider ChildFirst, YuQuan if the review is no good for My First Skool and Cherie Hearts as the fee charged by Child First and YuQuan are relatively higher with more than $1K after subsidy

thanks much for sharing, hope to enrol my son in Oct.

Cheers
siew

Hi mummies,

Can share some advice on cc around Mountbatten area? there are quite a few cc here, but some fees are beyond my budget (mindchamps, chiltern house, eton house)...so m considering My First Skool, Cherie Hearts...will have to consider ChildFirst, YuQuan if the review is no good for My First Skool and Cherie Hearts as the fee charged by Child First and YuQuan are relatively higher with more than $1K after subsidy

thanks much for sharing, hope to enrol my son in Oct.

Cheers
siew

Hi Lipi, have you enrol your child to any?

Back