What's the difference between baby lotion/bottom balm/diaper rash cream?

Doling

Hi mummies,

Im getting confused here.

What's the difference between baby lotion/bottom balm/diaper rash cream? When do we use them on our baby?

And what brand will u recommend?

Thanks!!!

@Doling

baby lotion is for whole body, bottom palm and diaper rash cream is the same thing for bb bottom. I always put bottom palm follow by powder

Okok thanks!! :)
Wat brands are u using now? I was smelling those organic creams n balms wa like not nice hahaha.. I guess cos babies r v sensitive to smells so cannot b scented anyhow.

Lotion is normally more easy to spread to whole body. Try not to use cream and power, it might clog up the pores...

Try Atopiclair, it's a non steroidal cream and got lots of clinical reports to give me a peace of mind, at least I know my boy is getting something that is really tested and not those that has not being tested.

Okok thanks!! :)
Wat brands are u using now? I was smelling those organic creams n balms wa like not nice hahaha.. I guess cos babies r v sensitive to smells so cannot b scented anyhow.
For lotion, you can try mustela, very nice smell. You may get small sample bottle from mummies selling at carousell to see if you like the fragrance.
For diaper cream, I started off using desitin for sensitive skin. But subsequently realise mustela diaper cream is less thick and so easier to spread.

Thanks for your replies! ^^

I bought Buds bottom balm to try. Lotion I received Mustela samples fr spring maternity when I bought their stretch mark cream.

But long term I may b looking into alternatives thats not that expensive yet good. So I bought wad I used when I was young lol!!! Kodomo lotion powder! Smells gd n feels gentle on skin. Was smearing it on myself but decided better not anyhow use lotions during pregnancy now.

:D

My nanny accidentally used lotion instead of bottom balm in my bb buttock.
Zzzz... is it dangerous?

Hi Doling,

I don't think it's dangerous. However, using baby lotion on the bottom does not offer any protection against diaper rash, which is what we are hoping to protect against when we apply the diaper cream.

I use mustela diaper cream. So far no rash for my 19 months old boy. Use sparingly can last you quite long actually. Don't need to put a thick layer. Lotion is safe all over baby's body in general. No need to worrry.

I use Destin. . The one in blue.. its very very thick so dun have to use too much. . So far it seems to work for my baby so shall continue using jus that it's really hard to wash it off at times

Back