(2014/08) August 2014

Yeap. On 3rd day she got. Upon discharge, it lower down so can discharge together with me. Suppose to go PD 2 days later but my cousin told me to go polyclinic instead of PD cos its the same procedure except different cost. I bring bb go polyclinic took blood test and see doc for the first time. Total cost only $18.50. I believe if I go PD, it will be alot more. And her jaundice high, so have to go back for second blood test and review 3 days later which is today. Gone back polyclinic and tested, jaundice cleared. Total cost $20. Imagine I go PD, sure will need to go back review cos of high jaundice for first round. Total will be more than 200 for two visits ba.. I am quite glad I gone polyclinic. This save me alot as well.. I also booked my vaccine with polyclinic. Babies have priority queue so not so bad for waiting time. U all should try go polyclinic too if u r comfortable la.

Yeap. On 3rd day she got. Upon discharge, it lower down so can discharge together with me. Suppose to go PD 2 days later but my cousin told me to go polyclinic instead of PD cos its the same procedure except different cost. I bring bb go polyclinic took blood test and see doc for the first time. Total cost only $18.50. I believe if I go PD, it will be alot more. And her jaundice high, so have to go back for second blood test and review 3 days later which is today. Gone back polyclinic and tested, jaundice cleared. Total cost $20. Imagine I go PD, sure will need to go back review cos of high jaundice for first round. Total will be more than 200 for two visits ba.. I am quite glad I gone polyclinic. This save me alot as well.. I also booked my vaccine with polyclinic. Babies have priority queue so not so bad for waiting time. U all should try go polyclinic too if u r comfortable la.

Oic. .. Ya go back TMC PD it cost a lot ..my baby also have and ask to going back for review after 3 day then it cos more than 200++. Wahsia. ..Thanks for your info. .. will go to polyclinics for the vaccine too. It really can save a lot

I went back to the pd given by my gynae. Clinic in hosp.
First time consultaion is 55.
Plus blood test is 13

My next visit is 1wk later. Consultation will be at 33

I will be sending my girl to healtyway group clinc for vaccine. Think They have the same vaccine package as polyclinic

juz came back from pd. bb still abit jaundice. have to go back for review next wed.

my pd mentioned that the 5-in-1 & MMR vaccination is now given FOC at the polyclinics. started last June. good to take advantage of it. :)

O..didnt know is FOC...will have to check with healthway grp..cos my #01 injection there

Anyway hows ur LO feeding noe?
My LO 8days old, taking 60ml per feed...is it too little?

Yeap.. save save save..

Mine is 11 days old. She is drinking abt 80ml. Slowly increase ba.. cos she poos alot alot.

Kopibeanie. Must shine and feed and poo.. u may wanna stop bf first and let bb FM till check up. Cos FM.. they poo better. Poo out all the yellow

O..didnt know is FOC...will have to check with healthway grp..cos my #01 injection there

Anyway hows ur LO feeding noe?
My LO 8days old, taking 60ml per feed...is it too little?
My 9day old is oso feeding 60ml FM per feed.. if BM he takes up to 70ml but nothing more than that... he is on a 3 hr feed...

Yeap.. save save save..

Mine is 11 days old. She is drinking abt 80ml. Slowly increase ba.. cos she poos alot alot.

Kopibeanie. Must shine and feed and poo.. u may wanna stop bf first and let bb FM till check up. Cos FM.. they poo better. Poo out all the yellow

yeah. I pump & supplement with fm now. bb seem to take more when bottle fed, faster also. he takes FOREVER when latch, my boobs can't take it. but once awhile still try (force) him latch for awhile.

my bb is 1 wk old & he's drinking abt 60-80ml. last 2-3 days then start to drink a lot. weight also starting to go up. hopefully next wed will be cleared of jaundice.

My bb is tooooo impatient to latch. Her cries make my heart goes bonkers so I bottle fed.

Jaundice will clear.. just feed shine poo.. don't worry ya.m

My bb is tooooo impatient to latch. Her cries make my heart goes bonkers so I bottle fed.

Jaundice will clear.. just feed shine poo.. don't worry ya.m

I can understand. my elder one is like that too. super impatient & his cries can wake the whole block (seriously, I've neighbours coming to ask me if he's ok), so I also bottle feed. younger one is the exact opposite, sleep too much, got to bottle feed to get him to drink more.

Dear mummys that went for c-section, do they remove the urine catheter post surgery or waited till next day? And will they expects mummys to step down to walk & make sure pee & poo before discharging? Thanks in advance.

Dear mummys that went for c-section, do they remove the urine catheter post surgery or waited till next day? And will they expects mummys to step down to walk & make sure pee & poo before discharging? Thanks in advance.

yes. wait till next day after ur gynae has given the ok. nurse will accompany u & measure ur first pee after removing the catheter.

I had my first post natal massage on Fri and it was great. One session and my tummy is indeed firmer and the blood clots are coming out alot..

Hi Mummy, you'd massage after c-sec? can meh, always thought c-sec must wait till wound recover 1st?! Can share more about your session? Thanks in advance :)

I did make an enquire with my post natal massage lady, she said if c-sect, need to wait for at least 2 weeks then can massage. However if natural birth then can do it immediately after u return home,

I did make an enquire with my post natal massage lady, she said if c-sect, need to wait for at least 2 weeks then can massage. However if natural birth then can do it immediately after u return home,

Oic.. I hv to engage a post natal massage lady liao. Im gg to deliver anytime these few days. Going to see my lo soon..

Hi Aug Mummies,
Just wanna check if anyone will be engaging a post natal massage lady here?
I am going to have post natal massage with Babies Bellies. Their basic package is $600 for 10 days of 1hr session.
If natural birth can start massage 4-5 days after delivery. If c-sect can only start 3 weeks-1 month after delivery.

Hi Mummy, you'd massage after c-sec? can meh, always thought c-sec must wait till wound recover 1st?! Can share more about your session? Thanks in advance :)

I tot so too but my massge auntie is very professional. I told her it is only onee week after my csect and she avoid my lower tummy since its bandaged for now but massage the rest of my body. Gave me a binder which will generate heat to burn my fats around my waist area and its awesome.. my shoulder and back doesn't hurt that much and my blood clot came out faster. Before massage is just like spotting. Cannot believe one massage can make me feel so different. Looking forward to next massage already.

I tot so too but my massge auntie is very professional. I told her it is only onee week after my csect and she avoid my lower tummy since its bandaged for now but massage the rest of my body. Gave me a binder which will generate heat to burn my fats around my waist area and its awesome.. my shoulder and back doesn't hurt that much and my blood clot came out faster. Before massage is just like spotting. Cannot believe one massage can make me feel so different. Looking forward to next massage already.

I see. make me feel like starting my massage session too. how many sessions did u sign up?

I am going to have post natal massage with Babies Bellies. Their basic package is $600 for 10 days of 1hr session.
If natural birth can start massage 4-5 days after delivery. If c-sect can only start 3 weeks-1 month after delivery.

I sign up with baby bellies too. most likely taking 5 days pkg & start last wk of confinement ba.

Nope. This includes herbal pack for drinking to detox and binder. And she is good! All hit point and painful and pain and good!

I wanna gek siao ask auntie I go my downstairs salon wash hair.. she say CANNOT ah! Lol..

I got put dry shampoo spray. . When I go polyclinic twice.. and bun my hair up.. praying ppl cannot smell. Lol.. I wanna surrender on day 9 liao.. then auntie ask me. "Can wait 3 more days to day 12?" Then I give in. Hahaha

Any of u encountering numbness in the hand? I'm into 36 weeks and keep having this hand numbness and tingling sensation every morning..

Congrats to all the mummies that has given birth. Im in my 37th week! Counting down. Hopefully baby can wait
Any of u encountering numbness in the hand? I'm into 36 weeks and keep having this hand numbness and tingling sensation every morning..

Me. I have numbness in my right hand every morning too.

Lol.. I tot many tahan till 2 weeks at least? Thats why I try to lun until I buay tahan.... my confinement auntie strict siah....

After baby shower. . I am sooooo gonna treat myself a large cupnof COKE slurpee! ! Cold drinks deprived. . Imagine 2 weeks ago I am still drinking cold drinks like mad and cold coconut juice! Argh... confinement. ..

Water retention building up.. jia you ba.. 4 more weeks for u and all these will go.. now I finally understand why ppl says u will miss the kicks in ur tummy and bonding. . Now baby out.. I really miss those little movements. .

Thanks Shirley. I tried to stretch the hands and also open and close. But still I feel the numbness the whole day.. :(

It's water retention. I got it worse than u, mine is pain at wrist joint that haven gone away for 3-4wks alrdy ie still pain now. The numbness in the finger will go away by day time. Some massage at nite b4 u zzz/just after awake will relieve it a bit but it's just relieve, doesn't cure it. My gynea say after give birth then will go away naturally.

Wow, ur polyclinic idea sounds good. May I know about how long is the waiting time in poly clinic b4 u get to see the doc? And whether it's just walk-in and wait or need to call for appointment first?

First time. Just need to walk in. Go afternoon better cos Morning many ppl. Babies have priority queue. . But for first visit, have to go nursing dept then blood test lab then see doc to review jaundice result. So 3 station to clear. we completed whole process abt 2 hours. So Mommies. . Please bring milk out for feeding. Cost $19

Nursing dept will advise when to come for 1st vaccine after baby turn 1 mth old. This will be written in health booklet. Unfortunately my girl jaundice still a little high so have to go back. Doctor will advise when to come back. Upon payment, book directly over counter for next appt and timing as well.

Went second visit according to appt date and time. Go straight for blood test and see doc. Total process 1 hour. My girl cleared from jaundice so no need to go back but I booked vaccine date. If have jaundice still.. same process. To book over counter for next visit. Total cost $20.

FYI, Must bring health booklet. This will be provided upon discharge from hospital. If u have birth certificate already, pls bring along. . If not, just health booklet will do.

I understand that not all polyclinic do vaccine for babies.. like SK polyclinic doesn't have certain vaccine so I am doing all in yishun polyclinic.

Hope this information can save mommies in term of time and money.

Anyone gave birth in Gleneagles yet ? I went to register and was told even I opt for single room, there is no guarantee I will get it ..
Hi I just gave birth on 29/7 at Gleneagles, my hubs went to change to 1 bedded in the end when i wanted 2 but we still did not get a single bed instead they gave a 2 bedded room to both of us which we thought worked out well afterall my hub still got a proper bed :)

Dear mummies gave birth on 29/7 @ 38 wks, wanted to go natural however in the end after 13 hrs labour im still not dilated enough only at 3cm, gynae tried everything & had to do a emergency c sect, i was stressed to the max, but the ot staff @ gleneagles were all v pro as what my hub said as he saw the whole procedure. The ward nurses were all gd too only not too nice experience was at thd labour ward. Had wanted to share my experience however was too tired in the hospital i wished i didnt have visitors at all esp after the op day -.-
After coming home i was still faced with constipation. Terrible experience i must say and finally cleared used medication.
Great thing about this whole experience was bb latching well :)

Wishing all mummies smooth delivery!

Back