IVF/ICSI Support Group

@redvel, oic.... haha k noted

@pepper_pepper, congrats mtb. enjoy ur pregnancy :)

good luck to sisters having their blood test tdy :)

am too hoping to start my first cycle in sept actually but well, may not be possible. going for review next wk after doing my blood test & SIS scan & hub's SA test.
am following up with KKH, anyone knows if we can get a copy of these reports back?

@hopeful_still @Yim Junior League ( YJL )
do u rem how long after this stage did u get to e actual IVF process? during our first consult, my doc did say wanna plan IVF for us asap due to my age constraint but not sure if we hv other issues. for one though, my SIS is not eventful cos e doc couldnt see anything meaningful as my uterus is sitting very high up after previous csects :( such a looong wait, heard still got counseling right? hiaz, not even sure if we will get to IVF eventually. hopefully i hv positive news to share after next wk's visit

Yes, you can get the nurse to photocopy for ya safe keeping. I did keep my copies of my hubby and my tests.

Congratulations to you for your bfps! Here's wishing that you have a smooth 9 months ahead.
I'm starting my 2nd cycle soon. Actually not sure which month I want to start. Met the doc for review yesterday. She prescribed me DHEA to improve egg quality. I will be on saizen too. My 1st ivf was a shocker. 12 follicles but only 3 eggs. :( so I'm hoping that this DHEA will take me back in time; preferably back to my 20s!

Congrats arry and faith!!

I had some light spotting this morning. Looks like it is a goner this time round again :(
Should only call KKH if spotting is heavier ya?
Summerreef what day are you now after ET? Spotting can be anything. Try to minimize movement and bed rest. Both cycles I had spotting from D8/9, one was positive and the other was negative. It can be anything. Rest well

wow congrats @Arry @faith_baby, nice to hear of e good news, its a gd day tdy :)
grabbing all ur baby dusts keke

Arry, yup bHCG range can be very wide so its diff to interpret.
i heard of mommies with 2000+ hcg level on BT but carrying a singleton & another mommy 700+ but having twins.
not sure which is ur preference but regardless, a safe and healthy pregnancy is most important :)

Hi, I have some DHEA to let go. 1-1/2 bottles from KKH and 1/2 bottle I bought from iherb.
Both the 1/2 bottle will be given free, up to you whether to take it or not.
The one bottle will be selling at $25
Do check with your doctor/pharmacist for suitability before use.
Pls pm me as I won't be logging in often. Thanks.

Last edited:
redvel: the triple layer is the shape of the endometrium at its peak as the body prepares for upcoming implantation. It looks a bit like a leaf structure where you can see 2 sides of the leaf and a leaf vein running thru the middle (where the embbies will be placed during ET).

On days when the lining does not have a triple layer shape, it will just look a bit like an odd shape bag when scanned. Doctors believe the triple layer is the most natural state to be when the body is preparing for implantation. but does not mean absence of triple layer means no chance. It's just another indicator the doctors use to gauge best scenario for ER and ET.

Ladies, anybody taking blackmores conceive well? There are promotion on this at Guardian plus in ngee ann city. $32 for 2 boxes. Can go grab if u r taking. Only available at this guardian plus.

Hi revedel, thanks! All the best for the ET next week!

Hi dramaqueenie, I dived straight into the ivf cycle. Cos I did all the test in raffles less then a year ago for my iui so Dr Sadhana use the test results. She mentioned that $ is difficult to earn so don't waste :) hope that U will have good news next week!

Hi Yim, I went for mine in June. Cos my hubby can only take leave in June n sept so we went for the briefing earlier. We didn't go for the counseling though... Looking forward to cycling with u!:)

To all the ladies with bfp!!!! Congrats!!!

CD8 and day6 of my stim today. Waiting for my 3rd scan now. I hope I can know my ER day today.

When is your ER day any idea?

Ayoi...u know what...I made a mistake ... today is my day 7 of stimulation .... I also don't know how they calculate. ..today I went for scan too... should have meet u there...my next scan on monday...so did u know ur ER date ? I don't have much follicles only 5... so sad...doc said still early.....

Today's scan has 19 eggies. Last scan was 14. My first ivf retrieval in May was 16. Lining 6.8 triple. Doc says likely Thur/Fri ER. Biggest follie is 13. Smallest 8. Most are averagely 10.5.

Redvel...did u take any supplement for the huge no. Of follicles count ? I only have 5 first scan....so sad...

Miracle, haha oh you're with kkh too? My Q number was 1024. What was yours? I'll be there on Monday too. Shall we say hi? I text you here :)

Doc says likely Thur/Fri will be my ER.

Do you know your AMH reading? I can't recall my number but doc did comment mine is very good for my age. Nevertheless I do take royal jelly and EPO for this cycle. On top of that I also take Biomin and DHA and folic.

Miracle, haha oh you're with kkh too? My Q number was 1024. What was yours? I'll be there on Monday too. Shall we say hi? I text you here :)

Doc says likely Thur/Fri will be my ER.

Do you know your AMH reading? I can't recall my number but doc did comment mine is very good for my age. Nevertheless I do take royal jelly and EPO for this cycle. On top of that I also take Biomin and DHA and folic.

Redvel..yeah I am with kkh too. .seeing THH. ..mine was 1002...hee cos I need to rush for my endocrine appt...yeah I will be there on Monday too. .usually I arrive at 730 am. ..sure we shd say hi ....hee...cycle buddy...

Doc said I won't be that fast...for me... not sure next week...I still on menopur and orgulatran.... u ?
Dr Tan said my AMH is good...doesn't mean anything the doc said today....maybe my age bah...

What is EPO ? Is today ur 3rd scan ?

Good luck to your ER. ..hee

So you're an early bird. I was trying to be early but overslept 15 mins :p

I kept seeing THH these few visits walking in and out of the ivf centre. :)

What's an endocrine may i know?

My medication is different from yours. I have gonal f, saizen and have already started ganirelix since Wed to block my body from early ovulation.

Oh so eggs at ivf is not dependant on AMH? I see I see. I think no one here is older than me haa. I'm in 40s.

EPO is evening primrose oil. But i will stop it as well as royal jelly after ET. yes today is my 3rd scan. Thanks and wish you the same.

Yeah Redvel. .Am early bird...and today when I reached there is like....line up in a row...so funny...lots of early birds....

THH is always flying around...don't u think ? Many ppl sees him I guess...

Oh endocrine is thyroid related issues...during my mc I tested the reason and my high TSH might be a cause ...so this time round must work on my TSH level...

Oh our medication is different ah....I am also 36 soon this mth...not young too... urs is rather fast. ..so meaning u start jabbing earlier than July 23 right ? Cos I started my jabs ard 23 July..today first scan ...

But then don't think abt age ... just think abt positive things...keep urself relax....

I see EPO. ..btw...I think it's best to stop royal jelly after ER...that's what I noted down from some sisters...

My spotting got heavier. Think tomorrow AF will be full force Liao will be going down KKH for BT tomorrow instead of the scheduled 7 aug. Almost confirmed that this is a BFN cycle Liao. Haiz...

All the best to ladies in their 2ww! Jiayou!

Hope your TSH gets fixed nicely Miracle.

Oh yesterday was your first scan? I started jabbing on 27Jul. First scan was 26Jul. My last ivf also bullet train kind. Seems like my ivf progress is very fast. Btw is this your first ivf?

Hope your TSH gets fixed nicely Miracle.

Oh yesterday was your first scan? I started jabbing on 27Jul. First scan was 26Jul. My last ivf also bullet train kind. Seems like my ivf progress is very fast. Btw is this your first ivf?

Hmm shd be 2nd scan if u saying the scan during menses.... your cycle very fast leh .... maybe different protocol. ... I jab for almost 10 days then had 2nd scan... but mine is so call short protocol... wonder how come hor.... I think the saizen u had was growth effect so maybe faster....

This is my 2nd fresh cycle... had a previous fresh and fet both pregnant but mc. ..how abt u ?

My last fresh didn't have saizen and it was almost the same pace as this round. I think my body very sensitive to the medicine :p

I guess everyone's reaction to these jabs is different. Our docs will know best.

My last fresh had no frosties. So sad. Out of 16 eggies, 12 fertilised but only 2 made it to blasto. Therefore quantity may not always equate to good news. Even if you think you don't have that many eggs, quality is most important.

My 2 mcs were from natural conception.

I just had my er. Total harvested 27 follies. Gynae not going to do fresh transfer so all will b frozen. Anyone encounter such? Gynae says he worried of ohss risk

Ellesie that's like the biggest number I've read here! How are you feeling now? I think that big number might risk ohss indeed since doc poked your ovaries 27x. Rest more and take egg whites and isotonic drink to bring down the bloat.

Redvel, im feeling ok. Just bloated and mens cramp. Ya need to hv loads of egg whites n isotonic drink. When is ur er?

I just had my er. Total harvested 27 follies. Gynae not going to do fresh transfer so all will b frozen. Anyone encounter such? Gynae says he worried of ohss risk

Hi Ellesie, there is indeed a risk of OHSS when there are more eggs retrieved. For me, I had 37 eggs retrieved and i was also very worried that dr may not allow me to go through fresh transfer. But luckily, they make me do a blood test before the transfer and once the result is ok, i was allowed to proceed with the transfer. Maybe you could check with ur dr whether he could do the blood test for you before deciding whether to go ahead with the transfer?

My doc says either Thur or Fri. I should know by Monday scan.

For your case, does it mean your transfer will be after your next mense?

Hi revedel, thanks! All the best for the ET next week!

Hi dramaqueenie, I dived straight into the ivf cycle. Cos I did all the test in raffles less then a year ago for my iui so Dr Sadhana use the test results. She mentioned that $ is difficult to earn so don't waste :) hope that U will have good news next week!

Hi Yim, I went for mine in June. Cos my hubby can only take leave in June n sept so we went for the briefing earlier. We didn't go for the counseling though... Looking forward to cycling with u!:)

To all the ladies with bfp!!!! Congrats!!!

Hi Hopeful,

I thought briefing and counseling is the same thing? It's not?

Looking fwd to cycling with you as well!!

Babyoscar, he refused to do the transfer. He asked me to go back to him after two cycles of menses. Therefore I can only wait :(

Redvel, no. Have to wait 2 cycles of menses then only go back to him. Not sure when will do the transfer. Actually dun want to waste more time. But he says fet will hv higher success rate. Hope u hv good quality eggs

My spotting got heavier. Think tomorrow AF will be full force Liao will be going down KKH for BT tomorrow instead of the scheduled 7 aug. Almost confirmed that this is a BFN cycle Liao. Haiz...

All the best to ladies in their 2ww! Jiayou!
Heh Summerreef, nothing is confirmed until BT. All symptoms can be deceiving that's what I also keep tell myself. Suddenly all the twinges and cramps disappeared since yesterday... Seems abit hopeless. Sigh

My last fresh didn't have saizen and it was almost the same pace as this round. I think my body very sensitive to the medicine :p

I guess everyone's reaction to these jabs is different. Our docs will know best.

My last fresh had no frosties. So sad. Out of 16 eggies, 12 fertilised but only 2 made it to blasto. Therefore quantity may not always equate to good news. Even if you think you don't have that many eggs, quality is most important.

My 2 mcs were from natural conception.

I think u r right ....mine is always a bit slow one...haha...but hopefully will have better results this coming Monday. .☺

My last fresh got 11... 2 use in fresh .then 5 frozen ... but in the end only 1 survive the defrost.... I think let's not stress abt follicles...relax is the key...

Hee.... glad to have u as cycle buddies then can chat more.....

Today at spinach and salmon...hoped can help a bit on the follicles ...heee. ....

Ellesie. ...don't be disappointed. ..I think he meant well too...it's good to let ur body recuperate after ER. ..then be all ready to do FET. ... rest well...

Ellesie, my dr also told me before that FET has a higher success rate. Just have a good rest now and take this time to prepare ur body for FET. Take care!

Hi, tdy is my 4dp3dt, been experiencing lower back ache since 3 days ago. Anyone experience this?
My first cycle also backache and BFN.

I think u r right ....mine is always a bit slow one...haha...but hopefully will have better results this coming Monday. .☺

My last fresh got 11... 2 use in fresh .then 5 frozen ... but in the end only 1 survive the defrost.... I think let's not stress abt follicles...relax is the key...

Hee.... glad to have u as cycle buddies then can chat more.....

Today at spinach and salmon...hoped can help a bit on the follicles ...heee. ....

Was your transfer back then blasto?

This round I'm in dilemma to culture to blasto or do earlier transfer. But i will seek my docs opinion.

I eat n drink normal but I do take egg whites daily since started stimming. I wanna vomit already.

Babyoscar, he refused to do the transfer. He asked me to go back to him after two cycles of menses. Therefore I can only wait :(

Redvel, no. Have to wait 2 cycles of menses then only go back to him. Not sure when will do the transfer. Actually dun want to waste more time. But he says fet will hv higher success rate. Hope u hv good quality eggs
I harvested 35 eggs then! Also had mild ohss. Doc did blood test and went ahead witj transfer. It will worsen ohss and the symptoms are really no joke.

If you bfp, got chance of ohss returning. I was super bloated and nausea after bfp for whole 1st trimester. Totally no appetite. Lost 5 kg. Until now (24w of pregnancy), weight still at net loss. Appetite only just returned last week.

Ouch. I guess if it's really necessary, better to rest and let the ohss go away before the ET.
Circle, is yours a prince or princess?:)

Was your transfer back then blasto?

This round I'm in dilemma to culture to blasto or do earlier transfer. But i will seek my docs opinion.

I eat n drink normal but I do take egg whites daily since started stimming. I wanna vomit already.
How many follicles do you have this time round? Does Kkh allow you to consult your dr on the transfer? My last time, I am only liaising with the ivf dr.. Feeling so insecure..

Circle, princess I likey!

Hope, so far looks like I have 19. What do you mean you can only consult the ivf doc? I mean other than your own doc (mine is Dr Sadhana), who would be suitable to advice too?

I have already discussed with her in one of my appointments with her (when I did my endo scatch). I was exploring all possibilities and her advice is see how is the conditions of our embies. At this point, it's too early to make a decision.

In my last ivf transfer, I went on d3. She was there and we discussed based on what she feels about our embies. And she also did say we may end up no frosties but she is pretty confident at least one of our embies will be successfully cultured to blasto. She left the room for us to discuss between me and hubby. And we decided we would transfer blasto so we left that day and went back on day 5.

In believe this round would be similar.

Miracle no2, ya actually quite disappointed as I dun want to waste any more time. But I think this might be the best choice for me.

Circlecircle, congrats on ur princess. I din know even after bfp, ohss got chance to return. Hope u are getting better in 2nd trimester as its shopping time. Haha. Once hit 3rd trimester, energy will b low again.

Redvel.. So you will see her on the day of transfer.. My dr, dr jerry is not around during transfer and is pass to the stand in dr. He just ask me whether I have kids, and explain to us the quality of the embryo and number of embryo that we should transfer. And that's it.. Transfer done..

Back