Need Advice - Going For C Section Soon

LeoBaby14

hello mummies,

just a quick check, my gynae told me she will has surcharged 400-1k (no fix price yet, depends on the time i proposed) during "office hour" for doing the C section ( due to baby breech position) .

and after office hour, there will be surcharged too of course.

is this normal? gynae elective C-section rate is 3500. thanks.

Last edited:

ok. confirm with gynae that if you choose your own time there "might" be surcharges. if let her choose the time then there "might" be no surcharges.

My gynae charged me $400 on a Saturday evening. Whereas Saturday morning no extra charge.

I would say it's pretty normal to charge for your choice of timing. A matter of more or less. My gynae can bargain on the charges though.

Anyway my elective c-sec cost $1850

My gynae charged me $400 on a Saturday evening. Whereas Saturday morning no extra charge.

I would say it's pretty normal to charge for your choice of timing. A matter of more or less. My gynae can bargain on the charges though.

Anyway my elective c-sec cost $1850

thanks agaga, 1850 is quite reasonable price, is that after deducting medisave?

I'd paid total cash $1800 (final bill for baby & myself. Deposit & balance after all deduction for medisave) upon discharge from Mt.A in year 2012 4bedder elective c-sec. The surcharge of $400 is included in the final bill too.

hello mummies,

just a quick check, my gynae told me she will has surcharged 400-1k (no fix price yet, depends on the time i proposed) during "office hour" for doing the C section ( due to baby breech position) .

and after office hour, there will be surcharged too of course.

is this normal? gynae elective C-section rate is 3500. thanks.
i find it normal . in 2010 my gynae already charging around this price for elective C sect

Back