(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Hi babe my Oscar test turn out not that good too .. Passing should be 1:350 but I got 1:389 .. Then I did the harmony test to ensure that my baby is ok and if got DS then we don't want .. So if you don't mind whether the baby got DS or not then don't do any test .. If you mind then I think should do and then maybe result ok then don't have to worry too much Liao ... You and your hubby think about it ba .
agreed . Be it oscar or harmony or generic scan one must be prepared to accept the result and make decision .. If regardless of what result one will still keep the baby then dun stress oneself over these tests

@Blumiz I think harmony is better too. Although it will cost alot more.

Anyway my oscar result also not out.

Called the clinic yesterday and they say not so fast but it's been 3 weeks plus

THought Oscar scan within few days will know the result liao. 3 weeks is super long wor.

For me, my Oscar is low risk. so lucky for me. Will get the report when i go for my nxt appt.

we have a very "on" classmate who is helping us to connect with her and the rest of the class... without her think long lost contact with the rest... My p6 form teacher just retired from Rulang this yr...

Got such on classmate is gd. Mine primary sch all lost contact liao.

@Blumiz I think harmony is better too. Although it will cost alot more.

Anyway my oscar result also not out.

Called the clinic yesterday and they say not so fast but it's been 3 weeks plus

Hmmm that's really long. When I was considering to do oscar at NUH, they told me results will be out in 2-3 days as well. Perhaps u can try calling them again. When's your next gynae visit?

Hmmm that's really long. When I was considering to do oscar at NUH, they told me results will be out in 2-3 days as well. Perhaps u can try calling them again. When's your next gynae visit?

i called my clinic yesterday and they say not so fast -.-
my next appt is next fri.

agreed . Be it oscar or harmony or generic scan one must be prepared to accept the result and make decision .. If regardless of what result one will still keep the baby then dun stress oneself over these tests
Yup yup my fren opt out for these test for her twins ., she say no matter wat she going to keep.. She been trying for years finally got pregnant so will keep no matter wat ..

Received my oscar result today. It was bad. NT measures 4mm and ratio 1:48. Feeling lost n worried..

Any mummy facing the same issue? What did u do? Will NT shrink?

Gynae suggest amino or harmony. I am scare if I fail the test.

Hi Blumiz,

I been a silent reader for awhile..
I didn't do oscar but my NT measurement was worse than yours, almost 6.. Gynae suggested Panorama or Amnio to us too..
According to him all blood test are % only and only Amnio is 100% sure and if Panorama results is bad then got to do amnio again so we are not sure if we can handle the double stress so we are patiently waiting to do amnio to get a sure result once and for all.. Of course there are risk for amnio, according to gynae it depends on person performing it too..

On a positive side, there are many happy ending on babycenter, there are mummies with NT measurement worse than us and their baby are perfectly ok at birth.
Hope we will be just as lucky as them! Cheers to you...

Hi Blumiz,

I been a silent reader for awhile..
I didn't do oscar but my NT measurement was worse than yours, almost 6.. Gynae suggested Panorama or Amnio to us too..
According to him all blood test are % only and only Amnio is 100% sure and if Panorama results is bad then got to do amnio again so we are not sure if we can handle the double stress so we are patiently waiting to do amnio to get a sure result once and for all.. Of course there are risk for amnio, according to gynae it depends on person performing it too..

On a positive side, there are many happy ending on babycenter, there are mummies with NT measurement worse than us and their baby are perfectly ok at birth.
Hope we will be just as lucky as them! Cheers to you...
Mine one is 2.9 mm but the doc also said it is border line already. But, I will keep this baby whatever result it's been as I have faith; finally rejected three doctors's suggestion to do amnio test.
@Blumiz , my fren get a ratio 1:13 but find out finally the baby is negative result at age 32.

maybe PEH dun have its own lab and they under Shenton group right... they do have have their own lab but not in the hosp itself... so many logistic issue ba

Maybe.

but from 11/07 till now abit long.
hahah.

and i am abit worried also

I go to the toilet more often too. Especially at night! Feels urgent but once i sit down, the pee is sooooooooo slow. Nowadays i feel pressure near my lower abdomen. Like something pressing against the bladder. Never felt like this before during previous pregnancies though.
Same same... was wondering if 子宫下崔gonna ask my gynae abt it next visit... coz i tot 2nd trimester suppose to move up but yet i keep feeling pressure on my pelvis.

TGIF.. I dont like chicken essence.. Yucks! Prefers birdnest..
Actually for #1 ppl give me chicken/fish essence as gift to drink.. I only drink a bit of the chicken essence.. The fish essence I totally didnt touch.. :X
^5, I also dare not take chic or fish essence.. Even confinement I don't take, let alone during pregnancy when out taste bud even more sensitive.. So I always pray hard ppl don't give me all this and DOM.
But my mum boil herbal chicken and bird nest for me and last week boil fish bone soup. My SIL in pregnant too due in sep, so I also got a share. But I think is too early to take, bb don't absorp now I guess.

Oh ok ok... Suddenly confused about background and adjusted risk. I thought is the other way round. My background risk is 1:462, adjusted is 1:5096.

If I didn't read my panorama report wrongly, background risk is based only on maternal age n gestational age. Adjusted risk takes into account blood test n scan results.

Same same... was wondering if 子宫下崔gonna ask my gynae abt it next visit... coz i tot 2nd trimester suppose to move up but yet i keep feeling pressure on my pelvis.
I have the same feeling too... But I ESP at night, but I didn't think much, I guess to bladder is too full. Pee also slow...

If I didn't read my panorama report wrongly, background risk is based only on maternal age n gestational age. Adjusted risk takes into account blood test n scan results.
Oh ya ya, now u say I recall le.. U r right, that's what the gynae say... Die.. After 1 month I forget.. Really old Liao.but definitely she did not explain trisomy 18/13 to me.. But I Bo chap, no explain mean everything ok la I think..

Oh ya ya, now u say I recall le.. U r right, that's what the gynae say... Die.. After 1 month I forget.. Really old Liao.but definitely she did not explain trisomy 18/13 to me.. But I Bo chap, no explain mean everything ok la I think..

Ya if your Gynae never highlight anything of concern then it should mean everything is ok! :)

Does u have believe that those supplements especially fish oil does affect the baby development?
For past 2 years I have been thinking, my #02 got a very high power of short sighted. Power of 800 and 500. From young we thought that she had this bad habit of looking side way, very shy, only start to walk at 18 mths, hardly play w children etc...
When she is 3 finally I really suspect something, we went for check and this eye sight power really shocks us. After she wear spec, is totally change in her.. Becoming more playful. The first sentence she told me when she try on her new spec is " mummy I can see u"... Heart broke!
I have this feeling that I have never tell anyone not even my HB, u guys are first to know. When I pregnant w her, I did not take any supplements, not at all... So I'm have been thinking, did I cause this to her? I'm guilty, so to be honest, I sayang her more than my elder one. And after given birth to her, myself was diagnose w thyroid, don't know is all linked. So this pregnancy, I guai guai take all medicine.

Does u have believe that those supplements especially fish oil does affect the baby development?
For past 2 years I have been thinking, my #02 got a very high power of short sighted. Power of 800 and 500. From young we thought that she had this bad habit of looking side way, very shy, only start to walk at 18 mths, hardly play w children etc...
When she is 3 finally I really suspect something, we went for check and this eye sight power really shocks us. After she wear spec, is totally change in her.. Becoming more playful. The first sentence she told me when she try on her new spec is " mummy I can see u"... Heart broke!
I have this feeling that I have never tell anyone not even my HB, u guys are first to know. When I pregnant w her, I did not take any supplements, not at all... So I'm have been thinking, did I cause this to her? I'm guilty, so to be honest, I sayang her more than my elder one. And after given birth to her, myself was diagnose w thyroid, don't know is all linked. So this pregnancy, I guai guai take all medicine.
Last time my mum also nv take fish oil.. n my aunt also she threw away everything...

Not cause by u lah... dun blame urself

Can anyone tell me whats the difference between OSCAR and HARMONY test? I has my 1st trimster screening with Raffles Hospital, which reports indicates things like: Nuchal Translucency, Free beta HCG, Trisomy 21/18/13, etc.
So is this the so called OSCAR test?

Well... fish oil esp DHA are known to boost brain power and other subtle help to all organs... but it does not mean that if you are not taking it, you cant get the DHA from other food sources...unless you eat only rice and vege when you preggy with her?

Does high myopia run in your family or your DH's? What about exposing your firl to handheld gadgets at very very young age? Are you the mummy with no TV at home?! i see a lot of toddlers these days are glued to these devices and also see more preschoolers wearing glasses...

Can anyone tell me whats the difference between OSCAR and HARMONY test? I has my 1st trimster screening with Raffles Hospital, which reports indicates things like: Nuchal Translucency, Free beta HCG, Trisomy 21/18/13, etc.
Actually, u can find sample of reports in the google image. The pic image will tell u in detail the test result

Last time my mum also nv take fish oil.. n my aunt also she threw away everything...

Not cause by u lah... dun blame urself
Correct not your fault lah .. Last time also dun have all these . Beside I would tot that eye sight more like inherit too . If parent both bispectacle there is a high chance of kid have too

yes, you have done OSCAR test some other countries termed as first tri screening...

Harmony test is much more ex and your blood sample has to be flown to US labs ... they find that some of the fetus blood which contains DNA will be in maternal blood, so they have the tech to extract the fetal cells to do the screening....

The best way to check is how much u paid Lolz harmony cost more than 1.3k Lolz

Raffles hospital do oscar too .. My previous gynae actually arrange one for me but I jumped ship Lolz

Well... fish oil esp DHA are known to boost brain power and other subtle help to all organs... but it does not mean that if you are not taking it, you cant get the DHA from other food sources...unless you eat only rice and vege when you preggy with her?

Does high myopia run in your family or your DH's? What about exposing your firl to handheld gadgets at very very young age? Are you the mummy with no TV at home?! i see a lot of toddlers these days are glued to these devices and also see more preschoolers wearing glasses...

Yes, both my DH are myopia and and DH is very high 1000plus, but both of us got it when we are in primary school. For her is like from birth. My girl before she wore spec, she show no interest in TV or devices. We on Barney, Dora show but she sit for 5 min, she walks away.

Aiyo I remember someone posted a list of prenatal massage salon or spa . But hor I can't find it .. Too many post .. Anyone can help share ? I'm aching like hell :(

oh ok thanks all :) Now I am getting a bit worried, should i go for the Harmony test, although my Gynae mentioned eveything is fine.

oh ok thanks all :) Now I am getting a bit worried, should i go for the Harmony test, although my Gynae mentioned eveything is fine.
If everything is fine then no need for harmony .. Harmony is recommended for high risk case where higher accuracy is required

Yes, both my DH are myopia and and DH is very high 1000plus, but both of us got it when we are in primary school. For her is like from birth. My girl before she wore spec, she show no interest in TV or devices. We on Barney, Dora show but she sit for 5 min, she walks away.

from what you described, looks inherited to me, maybe being amplify ... at least its being rectified now... so the key is not to let her eye sight deteriorate further...

you can also give your girl DHA supp...maybe it will help her eye sight...

from what you described, looks inherited to me, maybe being amplify ... at least its being rectified now... so the key is not to let her eye sight deteriorate further...

you can also give your girl DHA supp...maybe it will help her eye sight...

Bring her out to park Etx instead of shopping more exposure to nature greenery do good to eyes too

Correct not your fault lah .. Last time also dun have all these . Beside I would tot that eye sight more like inherit too . If parent both bispectacle there is a high chance of kid have too

My hubby also start wearing specs in primary school, highest at 600 to 700...while me started myopia in poly days highest at 400...so I also quite paranoid about my girl's eye sight as my DH side all super duper myopic (her grandparents btw 700-1000 plus) ... we will try to minimise her exposure to handheld devices (so we have no ipad only smartphones, but her nai nai always let her play with her samsung note, frustrating....) recently caught her straining her eyes during swimming, not sure she is imitating her father or if she is really having difficulties ... i think need to get her to do eye examination soon... anyone knows where I can have it done???

TGIF.. I dont like chicken essence.. Yucks! Prefers birdnest..
Actually for #1 ppl give me chicken/fish essence as gift to drink.. I only drink a bit of the chicken essence.. The fish essence I totally didnt touch.. :X

I am the opposite! Haha.. I love chicken essence but not bird's nest. My friend gave me bird's nest but I haven't started taking. For #2 my aunt bought for me so I cook every two weeks. Maybe after detailed scan. Heehee..

Last edited:

Back