IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Thanks rachelt and summerreef! Btw, I spoke to Felicia. Dr THH can be reached via [email protected] email. She said 2 execs are in charge of replying emails and communicating the emails to him.
I tried emailing to that email before cos I forgot to take my MC during briefing day.. NO reply de lor!.. Give up liao.. I called KKIVFC direct..
Appt with THH last Friday.. He suggested Endo Scratch right and Felicia told me to call her to arrange when my AF arrives cos must do 1-2 weeks before the FET AF month.. So my AF came yesterday and i wanted to book appt during my CD20 (I read from website endo scratch should be on CD21 for those 28 days cycle de so since i'm 27, I shift abit).. Left a message for Felicia to call me back.. In the end, today it's a nurse who called me and I hvta repeat my whole story.. Wah faint lor.. Kinda inefficient right.. Must tell THH abt all these.. if really need advise.. like kena stranded lor..

im 35 this yr but tried 6 yrs liao :(
U all still so young.. Still got time.. I've just passed my 39 bday and trying for 4 years liao..

I tried emailing to that email before cos I forgot to take my MC during briefing day.. NO reply de lor!.. Give up liao.. I called KKIVFC direct..
Appt with THH last Friday.. He suggested Endo Scratch right and Felicia told me to call her to arrange when my AF arrives cos must do 1-2 weeks before the FET AF month.. So my AF came yesterday and i wanted to book appt during my CD20 (I read from website endo scratch should be on CD21 for those 28 days cycle de so since i'm 27, I shift abit).. Left a message for Felicia to call me back.. In the end, today it's a nurse who called me and I hvta repeat my whole story.. Wah faint lor.. Kinda inefficient right.. Must tell THH abt all these.. if really need advise.. like kena stranded lor..

U all still so young.. Still got time.. I've just passed my 39 bday and trying for 4 years liao..
Felicia also doesn't return calls promptly. I think it's easier to just go down to KKH instead. :(

Hi ladies, have been reading this thread for some time liao..just failed my first fresh at kkh this month..was quite depressed when i returned to work last week but felt bit better this week..my af also reported abt 5 days before the actual bt..initially just some spotting and staining for the first 2 days, the actual flow came on the 3rd day..hcg level only 1.6, so my embryos totally didn't implant at all..had a grade 4 and 5 implanted but still unsuccessful..i can only console myself that it's still not the right time yet..

Went to see tsb that weekend and kena scolded by her for being too stressed up during the 2ww..was feeling quite lousy too..but life goes on..my next appt with thh is on 16th aug..sian, have to wait so long..but it's good in a way too cos i'm so afraid to go kkh now..i wonder whether he can tell me why the embryos can't implant? or when should i start my first fet?

Hi ladies, have been reading this thread for some time liao..just failed my first fresh at kkh this month..was quite depressed when i returned to work last week but felt bit better this week..my af also reported abt 5 days before the actual bt..initially just some spotting and staining for the first 2 days, the actual flow came on the 3rd day..hcg level only 1.6, so my embryos totally didn't implant at all..had a grade 4 and 5 implanted but still unsuccessful..i can only console myself that it's still not the right time yet..

Went to see tsb that weekend and kena scolded by her for being too stressed up during the 2ww..was feeling quite lousy too..but life goes on..my next appt with thh is on 16th aug..sian, have to wait so long..but it's good in a way too cos i'm so afraid to go kkh now..i wonder whether he can tell me why the embryos can't implant? or when should i start my first fet?

The_fruitful_one, sorry to hear that. Now focus on tiao your body and be ready for next try. Don't give up. Jiayou!! :)

Hi @the_fruitful_one.. *hugz*.. it's good to grieve.. so let it all out.. I BFNed on my first fresh too earlier this month.. waited 21 days later to see THH.. so i guess it's norm with the wait.. And yes.. totally agree.. bb will come at the right time.. so let's jia you together~~~~~

Thanks ladies.. :) btw mind to share with me your ttc journey? only when i come to the forum or ttc fb group then can find some solace and that i'm not alone in this tough journey..i feel so lonely among my own group of personal friends...

Thanks ladies.. :) btw mind to share with me your ttc journey? only when i come to the forum or ttc fb group then can find some solace and that i'm not alone in this tough journey..i feel so lonely among my own group of personal friends...
I know what you mean.. Most of my frens all got kids liao..

I'm 39.. Married 4.5years.. TTC 4 years.. Seeing TSB since Aug 2012 and still seeing her..
First fresh was in June 2014.. Retrieved 18 eggs.. 15 injected with DH troopers.. 10 survived and fertilized.. transferred 2 grade 5s.. 8 snowies in freezing..
4 Jul BT BFN..
Had spotting 4 days (30 Jun) before actual BT day.. Tested very very faint +ive on HPT..
1 Jul called KKIVFC cos spotting persists.. Went down KKIVFC to get oral support and did early BT.. b-HCG was 16.1..
2 Jul still spotting.. POAS again.. +ive was still very very faint..
3 Jul POAS again.. +ive was clearer but still faint..
4 Jul POAS in the morning before going over to KKIVFC for BT.. this time.. HPT was totally -ive.. BT results BFN..

Appt with THH after BFN was 21 days later (last Fri).. Gonna try for natural FET on my next AF cycle.. Target ET 2nd week of Sept.. How many snowies you have in freezing now?

Hugs gal. We are all with you in this journey.

@rachelt, thanks for sharing..as i went for bt early, i forgot to get the report from kkivf on my first fresh cycle..anyway was too sad to collect the report..as per what the embryologist said during et, i got 17 eggs retrieved, 15 injected with sperms, 10 survived, 6 matured and 2 under observation..so i still dunno the outcome of the embryos under observation though..so transferred 2, i'm left with 4 frozen, excluding the 2 under observation..

btw i'm 34 this year, married for 4 yrs, ttc for 2.5 yrs..did so-iui once with Dr SF Loh, didn't wanna waste time with so-iui, so go straight to ivf at kkh cos of the govt grants..the process is easy but it's the waiting part that is torturing..i guess maybe i should take it easy for my coming fet..seen tsb for coming 2 yrs, got so used to the brewed herbs liao..it's a tough journey indeed..there's no issues on my part but mainly my hub's soldiers are not strong enough..so got quite a high expectation for my first fresh cycle..didn't know that it can fail..sigh

I know what you mean.. Most of my frens all got kids liao..

I'm 39.. Married 4.5years.. TTC 4 years.. Seeing TSB since Aug 2012 and still seeing her..
First fresh was in June 2014.. Retrieved 18 eggs.. 15 injected with DH troopers.. 10 survived and fertilized.. transferred 2 grade 5s.. 8 snowies in freezing..
4 Jul BT BFN..
Had spotting 4 days (30 Jun) before actual BT day.. Tested very very faint +ive on HPT..
1 Jul called KKIVFC cos spotting persists.. Went down KKIVFC to get oral support and did early BT.. b-HCG was 16.1..
2 Jul still spotting.. POAS again.. +ive was still very very faint..
3 Jul POAS again.. +ive was clearer but still faint..
4 Jul POAS in the morning before going over to KKIVFC for BT.. this time.. HPT was totally -ive.. BT results BFN..

Appt with THH after BFN was 21 days later (last Fri).. Gonna try for natural FET on my next AF cycle.. Target ET 2nd week of Sept.. How many snowies you have in freezing now?

Same here. Friends and family are multiplying, but just not us yet.
I'm 33, married 4 yrs.
1st fresh in Feb 2014. Retrieved 16 eggs, 10 embryos from it, transferred 2, and hv 8 snowies. BFP with low bHCG and deemed a "pregnancy of unknown location" which is an ectopic pregnancy that couldn't be located. After 2 months had to abort. Recovery from abortion meds took me 3 months.

Currently on CD11 of my 1st medicated FET. Monday is my ET. Plan to trf 2 D5 blasts. Praying that my snowies will survive and grow.

Tonight gonna be first time inserting cyclogest into rectum... :S

ladies whose cycling next mth....lets jiayou bah!

just see tsb n today she pour cold water on me again say i do fet so fast wahaha faint

anyway gng my 1st scan on fri loh...pray hard

Btw what's the difference between a natural and medicated fet?

Yeah, that's the benefit of this forum, we are support for each other thru this journey.
Natural FET has no medication to stimulate or promote the body to prepare for FET. Usually for ppl who ovulate regularly.
Medicated disregards ovulation as the meds promote the uterine lining to thicken to prepare for FET.

Sometimes even with natural FET you may not ovulate. That happened to me. Doc said many pple never ovulate due to stress. Every other day go for scan to check lining and follicle growth. Indeed it was a stressful period. In the end my natural cycle was cancelled so doc put me on medicated. Medicated is more controlled.

Sometimes even with natural FET you may not ovulate. That happened to me. Doc said many pple never ovulate due to stress. Every other day go for scan to check lining and follicle growth. Indeed it was a stressful period. In the end my natural cycle was cancelled so doc put me on medicated. Medicated is more controlled.
I guessed that is quite common. Even with medicated also I am facing mental stress.

Michng you are spot on. I stressed over lining not growing. Every step different thing to stress. Well I keep telling myself to take it easy and not think abt it.

Sure stressed. I feel for you. Last night I hardly slept. Kan cheong. Want good results yet wish the timing a bit better cause I hv to cancel a trip this weekend if result is good.
My hubby always scold me... He say lose sleep don't help. Lol, duh like I dunno that la.

Hi all,
So glad to have found this thread.
A little bit about myself.
34 this year. TTC for 2 yrs.
Seen Dr Tan HH about 6 months back.
He started us on Clomid for 3 months. No results.

Just started on my 1st fresh this month.
Ultrasound on CD2.
Injected Orgalutran on CD2, CD3 and CD4.
Started 400iu Puregon on CD5. Today is CD7.
Nurse scheduled my next Ultrasound scan on CD12. Is that normal? Thought there should be 1 in between to check. Not sure if I should call them to check.
Beginning to feel a bit pain in the ovaries. Normally only have this feeling closer to the O day.

my suggestion - if u need 2do make specific aptm like endo scratch or hsg, ask dr 2write a memo n attach somewhere so that when the nurse opens é file, the nurse will know wat u are talkin about. if possible ask doc 2write a memo for u to bring home. so u can show at the nex appointment.. when it's due to mak é aptm, juz call kkivf until someone ans.. tell them ur nric n ask them to make é aptm.. always ask who answered ur call and when they will get back on aptm date...

Just to share:
read from the other ivf forum that brazil nuts is good.
went to albert food centre (level 3) to buy some the other day.
$2 per 100g
bought 500g at $9.
the boy selling it told me to just eat 4 nuts a day. If not, I will grow fat. haha!

Hi all,

Ultrasound on CD2.
Nurse scheduled my next Ultrasound scan on CD12. Is that normal? Thought there should be 1 in between to check. Not sure if I should call them to check.
Beginning to feel a bit pain in the ovaries. Normally only have this feeling closer to the O day.
@irisy .. Correct.. My first fresh U/S appt oso like that.. Same.. very far apart de..

my suggestion - if u need 2do make specific aptm like endo scratch or hsg, ask dr 2write a memo n attach somewhere so that when the nurse opens é file, the nurse will know wat u are talkin about. if possible ask doc 2write a memo for u to bring home. so u can show at the nex appointment.. when it's due to mak é aptm, juz call kkivf until someone ans.. tell them ur nric n ask them to make é aptm.. always ask who answered ur call and when they will get back on aptm date...
@joy_meme.. THH gave me the memo to bring back on my next appt.. But i didnt notice if he wrote anything on my file.. lol.. Nmind.. the nurse who called me very nice even tho i sounded impatient :p Makes me feel bad after that..

Saw Dr THH earlier & will be on natural FET but he gave me aspirin which will be taken on CD2 when I start the FET cycle for my antinuclear antibody issue. But he gave me an open date depending on when I want to start the FET. Meantime he says I gota rest first & gave me medication for ovulation to try out ourselves first for the next 2 cycles...then I was like "Huhhhh"....& told him that doing ourselves seems more stressful. His reply was: Just try la rather than sit & do nothing! :rolleyes:........ But mostly likely I do will it in Sept, but also depending on what my TCM advise on Friday ba. There's no explanation in my case as to why it didn't work out coz he says my af came like 14 days after so that means my luteal phase is alright. I dun quite get him but I didn't probe further either. I did asked him about the intralipid infusion done by SF Loh & he is aware that a fair bit of ladies are undergoing the treatment. He gave us a long and technical explanation. I wouldn't say that he is not encouraging but he has his point of view which we do agree in some sense. So we'll KIV for now & if FET still doesn't work out, i'll go for it for the next fresh cycle.

@MichNg, Good Luck for your ET next Monday! :)

@the_fruitful_one, cheer up ok. I was like you, full of hope. I had 2 grade 4 embroyes transferred, my lining was triple @ 11mm, had loads of bed rest, ate well sleep well but it didn't work out. I was disappointed & upset but surprisingly I was able to manage the failure. The day of the BFN BT, I went to do things that made me happy like retail & food therapy. I even met up my cycle buddy whom I met at the OT & she BFP for lunch as she was on her way to KKH to pick up support medication. I was also surprised that I'm able to handle other people's BFP in stride unlike in the past, where I will feel sorry for myself & avoid bb showers & gathering with kids. I guess learning to let go makes my life happier. Thereafter, the dh booked us on an impromptu short getaway which was a good retreat for us before we start the ivf/accupuncture process again & before I know it, today's the follow-up appointment with Dr THH. So do something that makes you happy, look forward & take a short break if possible & come back stronger ok. *hugs*

@rachelt , I'm 33 but dh 43! So also need to buck up! haha

@happyblossom, maybe you can read some inspirational/motivational books. I guess it helps a lot in making you see things differently, at least for my case la. The last thing you would want is to sink into depression coz that's what happened to me previously. I had to seek psychiatrist help as the ttc journey was taking a toll on me. I had anxiety attacks but the most psychiatrist can do for you is just prescribe medication. I know I need to self-help to get thru this so I started reading & of coz mixing with positive mind-set people really helps.

Saw Dr THH earlier & will be on natural FET but he gave me aspirin which will be taken on CD2 when I start the FET cycle for my antinuclear antibody issue. But he gave me an open date depending on when I want to start the FET. Meantime he says I gota rest first & gave me medication for ovulation to try out ourselves first for the next 2 cycles...then I was like "Huhhhh"....& told him that doing ourselves seems more stressful. His reply was: Just try la rather than sit & do nothing! :rolleyes:........ But mostly likely I do will it in Sept, but also depending on what my TCM advise on Friday ba. There's no explanation in my case as to why it didn't work out coz he says my af came like 14 days after so that means my luteal phase is alright. I dun quite get him but I didn't probe further either. I did asked him about the intralipid infusion done by SF Loh & he is aware that a fair bit of ladies are undergoing the treatment. He gave us a long and technical explanation. I wouldn't say that he is not encouraging but he has his point of view which we do agree in some sense. So we'll KIV for now & if FET still doesn't work out, i'll go for it for the next fresh cycle.

@the_fruitful_one, cheer up ok. I was like you, full of hope. I had 2 grade 4 embroyes transferred, my lining was triple @ 11mm, had loads of bed rest, ate well sleep well but it didn't work out. I was disappointed & upset but surprisingly I was able to manage the failure. The day of the BFN BT, I went to do things that made me happy like retail & food therapy. I even met up my cycle buddy whom I met at the OT & she BFP for lunch as she was on her way to KKH to pick up support medication. I was also surprised that I'm able to handle other people's BFP in stride unlike in the past, where I will feel sorry for myself & avoid bb showers & gathering with kids. I guess learning to let go makes my life happier. Thereafter, the dh booked us on an impromptu short getaway which was a good retreat for us before we start the ivf/accupuncture process again & before I know it, today's the follow-up appointment with Dr THH. So do something that makes you happy, look forward & take a short break if possible & come back stronger ok. *hugs*

@happyblossom, maybe you can read some inspirational/motivational books. I guess it helps a lot in making you see things differently, at least for my case la. The last thing you would want is to sink into depression coz that's what happened to me previously. I had to seek psychiatrist help as the ttc journey was taking a toll on me. I had anxiety attacks but the most psychiatrist can do for you is just prescribe medication. I know I need to self-help to get thru this so I started reading & of coz mixing with positive mind-set people really helps.
Share with me what he told u abt intralipid.. When i asked him.. he just said "no, we dont have that"..

haha im ok lah, will jia you this fet n see how.

i feel weird y dr tan ask me try fet this mth rgt after my failed fresh last mth cos i see alot sisters dr asked to rest few mths 1st.

u rest well ok!

ladies whose cycling next mth....lets jiayou bah!

just see tsb n today she pour cold water on me again say i do fet so fast wahaha faint

anyway gng my 1st scan on fri loh...pray hard

Hello happy blossom. .I am gg to scan this Friday too.... it's my 2nd scan...Am doing fresh cycle....maybe can bump. Into you. .. hee

Hi all,

Ultrasound on CD2.

Hi Irisy. ..

I also started fresh cycle...it's like that 2nd scan around D12. ..but I was given orgulatran and menopur. ..it's different from.my first fresh cycle. ..
Are u gg for scan.this Friday too ?

Wow, so many replies over one night! i'm feeling so excited for you girls who are cycling this coming month! all the best ya! hmm..makes me wanna start fet soon..haha..btw, u all think when will dr tan ask me do fet ah? have to rest for at least 2 mths?? sian..my younger sis is due to give birth in sept le, felt so far behind.. :(

Am having quite a fair bit of clear egg-white-like cervical muscus this morning....
Is that normal? Hopefully I won't ovulate before ER... :(

Am having quite a fair bit of clear egg-white-like cervical muscus this morning....
Is that normal? Hopefully I won't ovulate before ER... :(
@irisy.. It's norm.. I had the same experience.. And I called KKIVFC.. They told me it's norm due to the jabs and medication..

Wow, so many replies over one night! i'm feeling so excited for you girls who are cycling this coming month! all the best ya! hmm..makes me wanna start fet soon..haha..btw, u all think when will dr tan ask me do fet ah? have to rest for at least 2 mths?? sian..my younger sis is due to give birth in sept le, felt so far behind.. :(
Hi @the_fruitful_one.. I asked THH when I saw him last Fri when can i start my FET.. He says anytime I want oso can.. But rest 1-2 cycles first better.. So i told him i'll rest 2 cycles and will start on the 3rd..

Me too. I will let myself cry a while then think positive thoughts and let it pass.
Ya lor.. me too.. i cried the day after my BT results.. sat at the living room sofa and cried.. den after that ok.. but initial stage quite tough.. when i see ppl bfp.. i get very imbalance.. so i chilled out for a while.. dont come in to the forum.. till i'm ok den i come in again..

@MichNg & @rachelt, me too..i cried for a few days after my bt..i even went into my empty room, specially for my babies, sat there and cried, so xin suan..sigh..can't even sleep for the first few nights, had to go see doc & take medicine to help in sleeping..life is really a torture to live like this, dunno when will this nightmare ends.....

@MichNg & @rachelt, me too..i cried for a few days after my bt..i even went into my empty room, specially for my babies, sat there and cried, so xin suan..sigh..can't even sleep for the first few nights, had to go see doc & take medicine to help in sleeping..life is really a torture to live like this, dunno when will this nightmare ends.....
Be strong. I tell myself that my baby will not want me to give up so quickly.

Ya.. I agree with @MichNg.. The bb will come when the time is right.. And when that happens, the timing will be perfect.. We might not see it now.. But when we look back in future.. We'll be able to appreciate and understand why.. Stay strong and persevere ya.. Let's jia you together..

Back