Normal to have bleeding during pregnancy?

ummajojo

Hi mummies,
am in my 17 week and I am having cramps and bleeding.
Want to seek some advise if it is normal to have bleeding during pregnancy?
Anyone have the same condition? I am so scare!! :(

U got to check with your gynae for assuring answer. Its not normal to bleed in pregnancy I must say. There is always a reason for it. Please see your doctor asap especially 2nd trimester should be a more stable stage already.

Went to gynae this morning. Really quite bad. Have to be admitted.. But she allowed me to go hm as long as I bed rest at hm. Given pregnancy support meds too.. My heart sank when gynae told me it's dangerous & risk of miscarriage now just hv to bed rest & pray..

For the sake of ur little one.. do not take risk. Bed rest means do anything on bed besides going toilet. As now only 17 weeks. You may have to bed rest the entire pregnancy if your situation don't improve. Be strong for ur baby.

Like shirleyten said don't take risk, you got to stay in bed for as long as you can. I too had complete bed rest on my previous pregnancy due to complications, I was in bed for 12 weeks before delivery. It's hard but definitely worth it because you know you are trying to help baby to increase his/her survival rate, the longer you can keep baby inside you the better situation for your baby.

Thank you both for the kind advise! *hugz*

Yess.. I have to guai guai lie on bed. Although it's tough & time seems to pass so slowly.. For the sake of my baby!! Hv to endure!

Twinkle Star, mind sharing the complication u had? 12 weeks bed rest was really long!

Thank you both for the kind advise! *hugz*

Yess.. I have to guai guai lie on bed. Although it's tough & time seems to pass so slowly.. For the sake of my baby!! Hv to endure!

Twinkle Star, mind sharing the complication u had? 12 weeks bed rest was really long!

My water bag leaked until a point that I left very little water inside so I had to rest in bed, delivered my boy when I was 30 week. Though survival rate is higher compared to 24 week (gynae told me at 24 week his survival rate is only 50%) but he developed a number of preemie medical conditions so he stayed in hospital for 117 days, discharged last week. I used to google for information, see what I can do and mentally prepared myself on those information. I watched dramas too so not so boring, played some games. Practically I just glued myself with tv and laptop, haha!

My water bag leaked until a point that I left very little water inside so I had to rest in bed, delivered my boy when I was 30 week. Though survival rate is higher compared to 24 week (gynae told me at 24 week his survival rate is only 50%) but he developed a number of preemie medical conditions so he stayed in hospital for 117 days, discharged last week. I used to google for information, see what I can do and mentally prepared myself on those information. I watched dramas too so not so boring, played some games. Practically I just glued myself with tv and laptop, haha!

Thanks for sharing Twinkle Star! You're such a strong mummy!! I believe ur boy will be as strong as u & grow to be a healthy boy! Let's jiayou! *big tight hug*

Twinkle Star, my boy also born 30 weeks in July 2014 and with low birth weight. Development seems a bit slow. How's your boy now?

Back