Support group - Miscarriages

Everyone grieves differently (be in from non bfp or mc, etc). However, neither can I digest that anyone can be feeling sour/soar about another person’s bfp. A pregnancy is a gift from god (regardless of one’s religion). It’s a rejoice and to me it doesn’t matter if that person is my friend or family or someone from this forum. It’s your time and it means that person is gifted. Our time is not just here yet. I don’t need to be preggie or have kid myself to feel some form of happiness for another.

Not against anyone here (I do not know anyone here personally). Just getting some vibes from some random posts I read here.

yes I totally agree with you all miscarriages and ttc is tough be it having kid(s) or not. but I think we shouldn't keep harping and feeling resentful towards other ppl who are pregnant. they may be too facing certain challenges and difficulties in life. Like thor says, his friend situation might not be the best to have a child. Do you feel for her if you do not have a miscarriage? maybe we can also try putting ourselves in their shoes?

as much as I think its natural to feel envy or upset when we found out our friends or closed ones are preggie, but we also want the best for them.

honestly, becoz of a lot of resentment towards preggie woman recently in this thread, I have been very quiet in this thread now that I m preggie again. but the challenges faced, we don't keep harping on it. Like Give a hope she has to go through IVIG drip, its financially stressful and emotionally draining. im on daily jabs etc. coz all of us have past experience and we like to share to hope give some others some hope and advise. Dolly gal went through numerous IVF to be preggie, and unfortunately lost her first preg. then she got preg again, and unfortunately during her current, she lost one of her twins. but she is now fighting strong for her existing one.

of coz this is a thread to share our sadness, worries and difficulties. definitely nothing wrong. No one has to be as strong as someone else and ppl recover at diff rate. but I am hoping everyone in this thread can see their rainbow soon. I agree diff threads serve diff purpose, so any challenges I faced now I share it with my nov mummies. when I was ttc I go to ttc thread. when I see qns abt recurrent loss, I will kpo and poke my nose to share information.

so honestly this is just my POV. like u say we need to learn to count our blessings.

I apologize to anyone who finds my comments harsh.
Honestly to me this thread other than copying with sadness but sharing info on what others encounter n facing in their ttc journey is indeed helpful cos afterall we still hoping to hold rainbow bb.

My personal point of thinking I learnt from some ladies here n their encouragement to ttc again aft 2mc as it frigten me till I dare not to try n even almost giving up but the strong fighting spirit here from some ladies never give up trying give me some hope. Therefore I would feel that other than being silent reader we can also share the medical support we had to everyone here as lil support as some ppl might facing similiar problem in future n can get right treatments once bfp.

Jiayou all as it is not an easy phase for those ttc again aft mc or repeated mc but we can sure make it to have rainbow bb w us.

Sometimes I do get some form of encouragement from reading some of the posts.
The length that one takes while ttc is truly impressive.

Hi everyone I'm back On this thread
Been an on off reader so didn't manage to follow every single post

But be it ttc or bfp or recovering now from mc I wish everyone the best!!

Am going towards second fresh end of aug again after failed fresh, failed fet, n a d&c...
Jiayou!!

Last edited:
Honestly to me this thread other than copying with sadness but sharing info on what others encounter n facing in their ttc journey is indeed helpful cos afterall we still hoping to hold rainbow bb.

My personal point of thinking I learnt from some ladies here n their encouragement to ttc again aft 2mc as it frigten me till I dare not to try n even almost giving up but the strong fighting spirit here from some ladies never give up trying give me some hope. Therefore I would feel that other than being silent reader we can also share the medical support we had to everyone here as lil support as some ppl might facing similiar problem in future n can get right treatments once bfp.

Jiayou all as it is not an easy phase for those ttc again aft mc or repeated mc but we can sure make it to have rainbow bb w us.

Hi,
I totally agree with you and honestly I'm a silent reader in this forum as I am very keen to know how u and hopeful_mum are coping with yr preg.

I pray for the best for both of you!

yes I totally agree with you all miscarriages and ttc is tough be it having kid(s) or not. but I think we shouldn't keep harping and feeling resentful towards other ppl who are pregnant. they may be too facing certain challenges and difficulties in life. Like thor says, his friend situation might not be the best to have a child. Do you feel for her if you do not have a miscarriage? maybe we can also try putting ourselves in their shoes?

as much as I think its natural to feel envy or upset when we found out our friends or closed ones are preggie, but we also want the best for them.

honestly, becoz of a lot of resentment towards preggie woman recently in this thread, I have been very quiet in this thread now that I m preggie again. but the challenges faced, we don't keep harping on it. Like Give a hope she has to go through IVIG drip, its financially stressful and emotionally draining. im on daily jabs etc. coz all of us have past experience and we like to share to hope give some others some hope and advise. Dolly gal went through numerous IVF to be preggie, and unfortunately lost her first preg. then she got preg again, and unfortunately during her current, she lost one of her twins. but she is now fighting strong for her existing one.

of coz this is a thread to share our sadness, worries and difficulties. definitely nothing wrong. No one has to be as strong as someone else and ppl recover at diff rate. but I am hoping everyone in this thread can see their rainbow soon. I agree diff threads serve diff purpose, so any challenges I faced now I share it with my nov mummies. when I was ttc I go to ttc thread. when I see qns abt recurrent loss, I will kpo and poke my nose to share information.

so honestly this is just my POV. like u say we need to learn to count our blessings.

I apologize to anyone who finds my comments harsh.

Hi,

Please continue to share yr journey here for the sake of many others. I notice you have been mia for a while, but didn't know the reason behind.

You have a silent supporter here who pray for the best for yr rainbow in months to come! 加油!!!

Hi,
I totally agree with you and honestly I'm a silent reader in this forum as I am very keen to know how u and hopeful_mum are coping with yr preg.

I pray for the best for both of you!
Pray for u as well. Jiayou :)
Just like dr told me due to our previous experience we will nv rest in mind sure w endless worries for the pregnancy but we must think that everything alright n got faith. :)

Anyone still having bloated tummy after mc? it been one month but my tummy still abit too big, like 2 to 3 months preggy =/

Anyone knows how to get rid of it?

Meilingg, I tik it takes awhile as urs was almost at mid term liao. When u starting ur fet?

Now i like got big tummy so ugly. =(

I haven decide yet. Gonna see my new gynae next fri and see what she says.

I was thinking only left 1 blast. If do fet or fresh maybe have to wait till dec. this year took alot of HL already. And i think this time round will do it at nuh.

Everyone here more or less went thru at least one mc, n went thru the ups n down. I can only say it's not easy but try not to kp looking or tiking back abt wat if. I have read tat a lady was blaming herself mc at week6 bcos she didn't take care if herself which I personally felt it's unnecessary blame on herself. Usually at such early stage it's chromosome abnormalities n tik back probably it's aso good for both Mummy n bb like wat I mentioned earlier. God is still fair to us.
Somehow some ppl need more persistent to get their goal which me n dh believed tat we need bigger efforts than others to See our rainbow bb bah. With his n my parents support, Then I was able to go thru all the numerous cycles n bcos of these, my dh has learn to appreciate me more than before. I tik this part really makes me treasure our marriage alot. I dun mind go thru this tough period controlling my diet to make sure glucose n bp are at normal level. Daily answering numerous calls from him whether have I eaten or where m I...

Hi,

Please continue to share yr journey here for the sake of many others. I notice you have been mia for a while, but didn't know the reason behind.

You have a silent supporter here who pray for the best for yr rainbow in months to come! 加油!!!
thanks babe, i will update and share :)
now looking fwd to next week, 24 weeks which is viability week. "touch wood" if deliver early, the baby has a chance to survive after 24weeks. then just praying each day hoping that everything goes smoothly.

also, the 2 cysts in my baby brain has resolved on its own. that's good news. will discuss with gynae also if i can induce to deliver earlier at week 37 (consider full term), so that i can carry baby in my arms earlier to prevent any nightmares.

just to let all of you know, i have been praying daily, and all ladies here are also in my prayers daily. i hope that anyone who may be facing a mc, going thru a mc, or have already mc will be able to recover and heal emotionally and physically. Ladies, jia you okay :)

now looking fwd to next week, 24 weeks which is viability week. "touch wood" if deliver early, the baby has a chance to survive after 24weeks. then just praying each day hoping that everything goes smoothly.

also, the 2 cysts in my baby brain has resolved on its own. that's good news. will discuss with gynae also if i can induce to deliver earlier at week 37 (consider full term), so that i can carry baby in my arms earlier to prevent any nightmares.

just to let all of you know, i have been praying daily, and all ladies here are also in my prayers daily. i hope that anyone who may be facing a mc, going thru a mc, or have already mc will be able to recover and heal emotionally and physically. Ladies, jia you okay :)

Hi,

That's very good news! Yes, we want to have baby in our arms as soon as it's possible.

加油! 加油!

Hopeful mum: more advisable to let nature take itz course actually, full term at least 38-40weeks beta honestly for baby health, etc issues.

Just my 2 cents worth opinion.

Hopeful, let Dr decide bah. Ytd I aso ask dr natural birth or c sect, he said we have been thru so much n some complications his advise is c sect at wk38. So we will probably go into more details when it's nearer. At least for now, I m mentally prepare for c sect...

Yah follow Gynae advice be the best. Dollygal, go for natural if possible, mus still depends condition, situation, baby size etc too.

I suppose everyone have their own problems to counter in life. God is fair, they may not have ttc issues but may have other problems. It is all part of life. We win some and lose some, so try to forget the unhappiness but you can remember and treat it as part of life's lesson, just count our other blessings and see beyond and then you will realise life is still sweet( or try to make it sweet) amidst the unhappiness and challenges.

thor
I think 3 kids is good, 4 is a crowd after looking at relatives with 4 kids, how they manage their household not to mention $$ and in some of our cases, even before we have a kid already cost so much !!

Bubby bear: realli not easy, I oso saw frnds ard struggling with 3 & 4 kids(physical, financial n mental), all expenses r realli sky high nowadays. U can c hundreds of enrichment centers everywer now.

We dun hv a choice now, have to take a step as it goes. Now even contemplate to ttc again, cos our current episode haben end oso.

Hi everyone I'm back On this thread
Been an on off reader so didn't manage to follow every single post

But be it ttc or bfp or recovering now from mc I wish everyone the best!!

Am going towards second fresh end of aug again after failed fresh, failed fet, n a d&c...
Jiayou!!

Jia you!!! All the best to you!!!

I am so happy and excited for you... Will be praying for you and your baby! Jia you!! ;)

I just had my follow up check after my Hysteroscopy last week. The gynea basically did an abs ultrascan and said everything looks okie and ask me to wait two months later to TTC.... So long.... *Zzzzz*.... In the mean time, he said he will investigate the ANA by taking another blood sample and will refer me to a Rheumatologist if really confirmed.
One small step at a time. He said if I can get it under control, I can still have chance to conceive a healthy pregnancy. At least this is a small good news to me to move on. I am taking baby steps at a time. *fingers cross*

I also want to update my status. I am also diagnose with Protein-S deficiency. Now 15 weeks, just saw the Rheumatologist, she advise me to retake my blood test and also an early scan at 18 weeks. with these 2 reports, she will determine if I need to take jabs if my levels are too low.

*fingers cross* I am luckier coz I avoid jabs in 1st tri, only took baby aspirin. Hopefully everything is well.

Hi Chew, I think seeing the Rheumatologist is very important, it helps to give u an idea of your before pregnancy baseline, also get you mentally prepare for what to come when you are pregnant.
For me, I din have a chance to determine my baseline as I was miscarrying when I took my 1st test and pregnant when I took my 2nd test.

I also want to update my status. I am also diagnose with Protein-S deficiency. Now 15 weeks, just saw the Rheumatologist, she advise me to retake my blood test and also an early scan at 18 weeks. with these 2 reports, she will determine if I need to take jabs if my levels are too low.

*fingers cross* I am luckier coz I avoid jabs in 1st tri, only took baby aspirin. Hopefully everything is well.

Hi Chew, I think seeing the Rheumatologist is very important, it helps to give u an idea of your before pregnancy baseline, also get you mentally prepare for what to come when you are pregnant.
For me, I din have a chance to determine my baseline as I was miscarrying when I took my 1st test and pregnant when I took my 2nd test.

Hi sunflower, this is very good information for me. Thanks. I just want to have further checks now during this two months "no-TTC" period. Luckily Dr Beh allows me to do that now and not to wait till 2 months later then do further test. Let's hope my case can be controlled. One step at a time.

Just a question, do you also do general health checkup to make sure health status is okie? I have not done one for a long time.

haha nope.. I din..

I only did the thrombophilia panel test, SLE and glucose test as doc suggest 2 consecutive MCs are not common.

Sure, I think if u can afford then run all these elimination test, it will help u be more prepare in your pregnancy. :)

I felt rather lost when I first heard about Protein-S deficiency, then luckily VAC and hopeful_mum shared their experiences here, got me feeling very hopeful and also more assure that I am not alone too.

Yes, I agree. I actually learnt a lot and at least I know I am not abnormal. Are you also with Prof Ganesh and Dr. Shelia?

I am currently with TMC, Dr Beh and hope that he can help me and give me the right treatment and directions to better prepare myself for the next one.

I am at NUH with Dr Chua, she refered me to Dr Sheila for the blood issue. Its gonna be costly if you go private.
I am not sub patients of NUH :p

Yes, I agree. I actually learnt a lot and at least I know I am not abnormal. Are you also with Prof Ganesh and Dr. Shelia?

I am currently with TMC, Dr Beh and hope that he can help me and give me the right treatment and directions to better prepare myself for the next one.
Haha agree with sunflower. If u planning to see dr shelia without spending too much shd ask ur dr give u letter. Then bring to polyclinic to ask for letter go nuh as sub. U will be amazed with the amt u can save. But if financially okay then go see Pte. Faster! :)

Ladies we have to gradually let go all the negative feelings and look forward to new hopes. Keep trying so that we can have a chance to bfp again. I hope the ladies here can share their success stories to encourage us...who are still struggling behind. My af just reported today. 5weeks aft d&c. I have to work harder next cycle.

I really feel miserable and depressed earlier especially during the 2wks HL. But after going back to work and busy with work, i have lesser time to think abt my loss. Though i will still feel sad and will start tearing when talk to some friends about my loss. I already feel so much better as each day passed. Time can really heal. Now i focus on my own bfp project. Gals, we must stay positive regardless preggies or non preggies. Preggies...u all must share tips with us...so that we can progress :)

Ya, agreed. We are all here in this thread because we all been through the same path before, some of us even go through multiple times. We are all here to encourage and learn from one another. Though sometimes emotions get over our head and we start to rant over this and that (it is all right to rant here, its what this thread is for), but we have to be sensitive towards everyone here.

All of us have the SAME goal which is to be pregnant too, aren't we?

Yup. No matter how hard. Each of us just want a healthy full term pregnancy. To carry our little precious on our hands...

Let's jiayou!

I'm still waiting for my af to come~

Yup yup. We always don't wish af to come. Only this time we hope it will come soon! So we can start all over again~

Oh ya, my colleague intro me to go ying chuan tcm at jurong east. Anyone been there before?

Meiling and lazybee, looks like we about the same timing to went through the mc. Maybe i am just 2 weeks ahead of you girls. My af is extremely heavy and feel tired. I missed my preggy days.

Yes yes! I also missed those days~ =(

I miss my bump~

Argh~ today like not feeling very well. Last night got fever. Now blocked nose and cough. Still can cough until wanna vomit like that... Think later i going to see company doc if still not feeling good~

I just had my follow up check after my Hysteroscopy last week. The gynea basically did an abs ultrascan and said everything looks okie and ask me to wait two months later to TTC.... So long.... *Zzzzz*.... In the mean time, he said he will investigate the ANA by taking another blood sample and will refer me to a Rheumatologist if really confirmed.
One small step at a time. He said if I can get it under control, I can still have chance to conceive a healthy pregnancy. At least this is a small good news to me to move on. I am taking baby steps at a time. *fingers cross*

Chew congrats for your positive result at the review. I can understand. Not say 2mths. Wait 1 mth i also feel sian. Your mc is due to polyps? How come need to do further investigation?
For me, after my 1wk post d&c review, doc say only come back if i test positive again or i want to do frozen transfer.

Yup yup. We always don't wish af to come. Only this time we hope it will come soon! So we can start all over again~

Oh ya, my colleague intro me to go ying chuan tcm at jurong east. Anyone been there before?
Yup I went to yingchuan before I go to tsb. My own views that I dun really like her but she may works for u. 2Ndly the traveling to her clinic in morning aso too much for me from east to west n my mum call at 6am to make appt. Aso I understand she always refer her patients to 2 gynaes which many ppl tik she probably has a cut of commission in referring. I know one is Dr chris xx in gleneagles n his charges is quite high. Of cos if he works for some ppl, they willing to pay like 1 of my gf, strike after See her n Dr Chris in 2 mths which I find it's coincidence. Then when she was warded in gleneagles for bad ms, the charges was skyhigh, every dr ward visit is 200-400 depends wkday or wkend. N best is dr charge so much but she was been wheeled to his clinic n not he comes to her ward on wkday but her hsb willing to pay since they success getting pregnant 3 yrs after the last mc.
As for tcm at yingchuan, it works for my she cousin but not for us..
So I feel not harm trying n u make ur own judgement from there.
Just stick to ur decision when comes to her referral of gynae I feel.

haha nope.. I din..

I only did the thrombophilia panel test, SLE and glucose test as doc suggest 2 consecutive MCs are not common.

Sure, I think if u can afford then run all these elimination test, it will help u be more prepare in your pregnancy. :)

I felt rather lost when I first heard about Protein-S deficiency, then luckily VAC and hopeful_mum shared their experiences here, got me feeling very hopeful and also more assure that I am not alone too.

Sunflower can u share more about the test? It is taken before we bfp? Then retake again during pregnancy to compare? Its to check protein levels?

Chew congrats for your positive result at the review. I can understand. Not say 2mths. Wait 1 mth i also feel sian. Your mc is due to polyps? How come need to do further investigation?
For me, after my 1wk post d&c review, doc say only come back if i test positive again or i want to do frozen transfer.

Yes, it is due to polyp and also presence of anti-bodies in my immune system. Further investigation is to check exactly what is the cause of the anti-bodies in the immune system. Polyp is removed and this issued is considered close I guess. *fingers cross*. Next issue is to check what doc can do to control the antibodies so that it won't attack my next pregnancy.

I think I am getting a bit paranoid. Yesterday during the ultrascan - doc said everything is okie. But he just did an abdominal scan not varginal scan. And the scan was like just 5 sec and he said everything is okie. And he said followup 2 months later which I think its a little long. Can I request to the gynea that I want to return 1 month later? Scared that gynea thinks I am being overly paranoid and dun trust his judgement. Hahaha! I think I worried too much sometimes. :oops:

Yup I went to yingchuan before I go to tsb. My own views that I dun really like her but she may works for u. 2Ndly the traveling to her clinic in morning aso too much for me from east to west n my mum call at 6am to make appt. Aso I understand she always refer her patients to 2 gynaes which many ppl tik she probably has a cut of commission in referring. I know one is Dr chris xx in gleneagles n his charges is quite high. Of cos if he works for some ppl, they willing to pay like 1 of my gf, strike after See her n Dr Chris in 2 mths which I find it's coincidence. Then when she was warded in gleneagles for bad ms, the charges was skyhigh, every dr ward visit is 200-400 depends wkday or wkend. N best is dr charge so much but she was been wheeled to his clinic n not he comes to her ward on wkday but her hsb willing to pay since they success getting pregnant 3 yrs after the last mc.
As for tcm at yingchuan, it works for my she cousin but not for us..
So I feel not harm trying n u make ur own judgement from there.
Just stick to ur decision when comes to her referral of gynae I feel.

Yup last time when i started ttc i did heard about her referring people to dr chris. Which i don't like it too. She works for my colleague and her hubby few yrs ago. And ytd she recommend me to go see her.

She only sees patients in the morning??? I think i only wanna try her medicine but as for her referral to whoever gynae, i will still stick to mine.

Yes yes! I also missed those days~ =(

I miss my bump~

Argh~ today like not feeling very well. Last night got fever. Now blocked nose and cough. Still can cough until wanna vomit like that... Think later i going to see company doc if still not feeling good~
yes! i miss my small bump too~ :confused:

Oh no, take care n c a doc soon! hope u recover quickly~

Ladies, want to check with you all on your experience with TSB. Does she take into consideration the medical histories that we have previously? Or she solely just take our pulse and tell you what to eat?

I am thinking of changing since Mr Chan said he medicine can be the cause of the polyps and I am now scared taking his medicine and polyp will grow back again. Dilemma now.

Meiling and lazybee, looks like we about the same timing to went through the mc. Maybe i am just 2 weeks ahead of you girls. My af is extremely heavy and feel tired. I missed my preggy days.
mango, think ard same time.. i prob slightly earlier cuz now i 6wks post d&c liao.. dunno issit cuz mid-term loss den body more haywire?

Ladies, want to check with you all on your experience with TSB. Does she take into consideration the medical histories that we have previously? Or she solely just take our pulse and tell you what to eat?

I am thinking of changing since Mr Chan said he medicine can be the cause of the polyps and I am now scared taking his medicine and polyp will grow back again. Dilemma now.
U can feedback to her on ur medical history n See wat she advises. I personally fine w her but some ladies do not have pleasant experience w her n I dun want sounds like promoting tsb here as well. It's vy individual whether she is good or not...

Lazybee, probably midterm loss needs longer time for body to recover. Please take care n bu /tiao ur body to prepare next pregnancy ahead... I m sure our perseverance will pay off...

Maybe need to rest womb properly. I got a gf who was 8 months pregnant n then suddenly no movement from bb,then checks revealed her bb died n she had to be induced to give birth.

Gynae told her to rest for 2 years.
She was 24yo n had a successful pregnancy earlier on but just dunno why she had a stillborn.

Maybe need to rest womb properly. I got a gf who was 8 months pregnant n then suddenly no movement from bb,then checks revealed her bb died n she had to be induced to give birth.

Gynae told her to rest for 2 years.
She was 24yo n had a successful pregnancy earlier on but just dunno why she had a stillborn.
so sad to hear such news..

i'm prob anxious to know if my body have recovered.. n also not v young liao so wana try again..

Sunflower can u share more about the test? It is taken before we bfp? Then retake again during pregnancy to compare? Its to check protein levels?
its to check "sticky-blood" not exactly protein levels i think. Its called Protein S and there is another Protein C. Also can check thrombolysis. Meaning whether there is blood blotting symptoms. its one of the easier problems to treat actually though the examples im going to share will sound scary. coz im still scared.

actually many ppl don't find out this prob until they have a stillbirth. there are 2 types like diabetics. Type 1 is always present in your body which increases risk of blood clot then stroke, heart attacks etc or the deep vein thrombolyisis when u aged. type 2 is like us, only present during pregnancy.

after 4 mc, they checked on this but was when i wasn't pregnant. my levels were super NORMAL. so they couldn't find out any reason and blame on bad luck. the egg and sperm just didn't meet correctly. but during my current pregnancy, just for precaution, they did a check. my levels dropped from 128 to 40+. during preg the range shd be abt 60-80 i think. but it was a drastic drop and i was on my 12weeks already.

so immediate action was to take jabs.

i believed what kept the pregnancy going was the baby aspirin i have been taking prior to pregnancy and during pregnancy daily. but for me baby aspirin not strong enough. ladies with this condition, there are a few possibilities:

1) early miscarriage, coz u wont even know
2) detach of placenta, so resulting in midterm or end term loss
3) still birth
4) premature delivery
5) mothers could get stroke etc during pregnancy ended in coma and of coz baby prob wont survive
6) not transferring enough nutrients/blood to the cord, and so baby is small, or cannot survive
7) not very serious, can still deliver a healthy baby.

so what happens is, u don't know where the blood clot will happen if blood is not transferring to the placenta then its difficult to maintain the pregnancy.

hopeful mum thank u for sharing. i find this v useful. i had a mid term loss n now a blighted ovum. i was also tested normal after my first loss. after the 2nd loss i feel v heartbroken n my spirit is broken. i just feel so tired n i dont even feel like trying anymore..unlike the times after my first loss when i felt anger n 不甘心. we are waiting to see prof mahesh n i hope he cld give us some hope. i hope the best for you n yr bb n pls inspire us with a successful pregnancy! :)

Back