(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

maybe light exercise will help?

I do housework everyday to sweat myself out.. Eventually I got cleanliness problem so I hate seeing dust.. Everyday also must clean up the whole house and cook dinner for my hub.. But my left hand is numb almost 24/7...

Even writing can cause pain in my arm n palm and tingling feeling in my fingers.. Quite bad..

hi gals, i had some mild swelling since a few wks bk and i also change my shoe sizes like up 1/2-1 size up for 1 month already.

some remedies i find helpful are compression stockings (though i find it so tedious to put on), warm water leg soak during bath (just even 5 mins is good enough), good intake of fluid during the day. i saw that we not suppose to stand/walk long or even sit too long. try to eliminate if u can :D

Hi all Mummies,

I'm a nov mummy too, EDD 5 nov. Just went for glucose test this morning and I failed. Gynae asked me to do sugar monitoring test twice a week at home. :-(

When do u do glucose test? I went gynae visit today at wk24 hvnt do yet...
Allbwell, I think it is common to do between 24 and 28 weeks... Or maybe when your gynae thinks it is necessary. My gynae ordered an OGTT for me too, when she found traces of glucose in the routin urine dipstick test. That was when I just hit 24 weeks. I just did the test today... Luckily, cleared.

Google search spectra Australia, can order online if not buy in mysia. If I m not wrong , in fb moo moo mummies are doing spree on spectra

My test was done at 23weeks.. Pass the test.. And wasn't ask to do it again cos my urine test always clear... Only did a test on uti.. Also pass the test.. So my doc not going to check on my glucose tolerance already.. He thinks that I'm fine.. :)

Forgive me but I just need to vent. Eversince I informed my office I am pregnant, my boss has been making life very difficult for me, piling me with work with ridiculous deadlines - between 4 hours to 1 day. Deadline for every piece of work is maximum 1 day only. She sent me an email at 4am Thursday and asked for the work to be delivered before 10am Thursday. She kept saying since I will be enjoying maternity leave, I have to pay my dues before going on ML and after I return, she will make sure I pay my dues too. At the beginning, she also told me "as a friend and supervisor", our workplace is not suitable for motherhood and I shoudl seriously consider if I should keep the baby. A few times she remarked "you are so brave to keep the baby", "are you sure you want to carry on with this pregnancy?" It is now 12.46am and I am still at work. Damn angry. Work-Life Excellence Award winner indeed.

Forgive me but I just need to vent. Eversince I informed my office I am pregnant, my boss has been making life very difficult for me, piling me with work with ridiculous deadlines - between 4 hours to 1 day. Deadline for every piece of work is maximum 1 day only. She sent me an email at 4am Thursday and asked for the work to be delivered before 10am Thursday. She kept saying since I will be enjoying maternity leave, I have to pay my dues before going on ML and after I return, she will make sure I pay my dues too. At the beginning, she also told me "as a friend and supervisor", our workplace is not suitable for motherhood and I shoudl seriously consider if I should keep the baby. A few times she remarked "you are so brave to keep the baby", "are you sure you want to carry on with this pregnancy?" It is now 12.46am and I am still at work. Damn angry. Work-Life Excellence Award winner indeed.
It's terrible ur sup say such things to u. What does she mean to sacrifice baby by working there. I suggest u shd report to HR or even upwards. It's very insensitive of her.

Best is ur dr can give u mc to rest at home now. She can't fire u. After maternity change a job and leave this kind of sup.

Sorry I feel angry for u!

That's too nasty!

It's terrible ur sup say such things to u. What does she mean to sacrifice baby by working there. I suggest u shd report to HR or even upwards. It's very insensitive of her.

Best is ur dr can give u mc to rest at home now. She can't fire u. After maternity change a job and leave this kind of sup.

Sorry I feel angry for u!

That's terrible. U should get her on tape before u report her. She is not supposed to say things like that

Ur boss's action is childish n seems jealous of ur pregnancy. Is she married?
My boss aso similar but bcos he always last Min since day 1 under him.he can email us want to meet in morning 11am while watching world cup at 6am.then When we all turned up for the meeting he called, he willing said postpone later timing. OK b it got world cup or no soccer match the night before, he has always fly us plane either no show or super late for any meetings. I have tolerate his nonsense for the past 4 years plus... know his pattern too well. Dun See him on mon-wed, he usually starts engine working thurs & fri only...

I am thinking seriously about changing job after my maternity leave. She is married with kids. It is pointless for me to report since we are in HR. I've seen so many staff reporting against their bosses for bullying and were slapped with disciplinary action instead. Some were made to leave even when they presented video evidence of bosses bullying or not doing their work. It's very sad.

I am thinking seriously about changing job after my maternity leave. She is married with kids. It is pointless for me to report since we are in HR. I've seen so many staff reporting against their bosses for bullying and were slapped with disciplinary action instead. Some were made to leave even when they presented video evidence of bosses bullying or not doing their work. It's very sad.
omg that's terrible.
okay nvm u just work, and then change a job after maternity. there shd be enough time to find and change. she is horrible. very sad to hear that.
but take care of urself okay. we can only support u mentally.

i cant believe a mother with kids will be so mean to u.

hi mannouhana,
your predicament is really upsetting. i went thru MOM website but there does not seem to be any legislation to protect against such discrimination. you should still be able to log a case though. since you are not the only one who experienced unfair practices at your workplace, i believe they should investigate the company if multiple complaints were received regards to the same company, right? perhaps you might also like to seek help from TAFEP www.tafep.sg or call them at 68380969.
hope u are able to get out of this situation soon. pls try to keep your mood cheerful for the sake of your unborn child.

hi mannohana, it's really insane of yr boss. Have you been too nice and easy to bully? If u are not going to stay at this job long, display your rights! i agree that you should tape your conversation and even have black and white of her unreasonable deadlines. Once you get the evidence, you can always 'negotiate' with her.
Hope u find yr release soon.

So sad to hear about it.
Take care, change job after your maternity leave.
I have been working in my current employer for almost 5 years.
I m going to change job after my maternity leave too.
If I m not pregnant, I will change my job due to some unpleasant issues.
But I m so blessed, my manager, hr manager and big boss give me a lot of support.

how much have you ladies prepare for the baby arrival?
I started buying bb's clothes already! however other things like breast pump, cot, pram all not yet! haaaa…

I started buying bb's clothes already! however other things like breast pump, cot, pram all not yet! haaaa…

managed to clear some wardrobe space for baby. it's an accomplishment :)

Hmmm.. Clothes lo... I bought mount Liao.. Spectra S1... Then cot bought a prelove... Others wait and see ba... See first month got pple give or not.. Of not need den buy..

My doc did it in advance leh.. He even ask me do a thorough blood test so that when giving birth the report will go along with me.. The nurse say if the report ok they won't call me.. They will keep the report for me then when giving birth then submit to the hospital for me..

Hi hi Christine3K and anyone reading this post, my results for the diabetes test is back and doctor is asking me if i vomit out the solution i said no, she says results look about the same before and after, at 72 and 74. I am just wondering anyone else care to share ur results becos i start to suspect the accuracy and whether did the nurse mix up my blood samples with others?? i know i think too much, but i just want to get an idea what are the results for other mummies... so i know this is perfectly common.

as i am overweight to start off my pregnancy in the first place, i find that my doctor is very careful of me and strict as well. Good and bad in a way bcos i sometimes feel she treat me like im a no self control discipline woman on my weight.

Hi hi Christine3K and anyone reading this post, my results for the diabetes test is back and doctor is asking me if i vomit out the solution i said no, she says results look about the same before and after, at 72 and 74. I am just wondering anyone else care to share ur results becos i start to suspect the accuracy and whether did the nurse mix up my blood samples with others?? i know i think too much, but i just want to get an idea what are the results for other mummies... so i know this is perfectly common.

as i am overweight to start off my pregnancy in the first place, i find that my doctor is very careful of me and strict as well. Good and bad in a way bcos i sometimes feel she treat me like im a no self control discipline woman on my weight.

I did a fasting blood test.. He just use the poke finger tip take blood sample measure on a device. I was measure 4. Which my doc say very normal.. My urine test always clear... Did a white blood cells and protein test in urine also clear..

I was overweight when I started out preggy.. I'm like obese now with the weight I'm having.. My doc not really strict with my weight leh.. Only say my weight gain during 2nd trimester onwards must slow down..

My 1st trimester weight gain was too fast even when I vomit a lot.. So I suspect is my water retention that is causing the weight..

Some doc will get worried over overweight preggers cos they scared complications.. But if u are clear off diabetes and high blood pressure and bb is doing fine.. It should not be a problem.. I think ur doc is just worried..

My gynae experience more than 30yrs.. So I think he see more than enough preggers. So he thinks that he can handle so he isn't that uptight.

Hmmm.. Clothes lo... I bought mount Liao.. Spectra S1... Then cot bought a prelove... Others wait and see ba... See first month got pple give or not.. Of not need den buy..

My hub n I only bought 4 pieces of dresses for bb from h&m when we were in Penang..

My hub's fren gave us baby clothes and 2 mobile baby cot.. Those old school 摇篮。which is good.. Bb don't slp too much on the bed will have flat head.. Slp on the sarong spring bed will let bb have round head. :) I think there will be ppl giving us baby playpen so we don't need to buy also.. The breast pump also my hub's fren giving us..

The fact my hub n I really dunno wat to buy.. Already heading into 3rd trimester Liao.. Think my hub is alittle too calm.. Lol

managed to clear some wardrobe space for baby. it's an accomplishment :)
me too, finally I have cleared some space for the baby clothings! received lots of preloved clothings and toys, car seat and breast pump from friends, bought playpen, sterilizer, baby clothings and diaper bag! so the rest shall wait and see whether I will get it from relatives and friends! next target will be decorating the baby's room!

already got cot, baby clothes, my friend will lend me her breast pump, high chair, swing and carrier, sterilizer, diaper bag
Already bought stroller and breast pump during baby show and some baby clothes during my honeymoon in Korean which I was only 8 weeks then. My friend is giving me her second hand baby cot. Plus people around me giving me tons of second hand baby clothes. Think bb wun need anymore clothes for quite a while. A friend will be buying steriliser for me. Recently bought milk bottles and pillow. Think I'm almost done. Only left with diapers and shower stuffs? Can't think of anything else to buy liao.

Already bought stroller and breast pump during baby show and some baby clothes during my honeymoon in Korean which I was only 8 weeks then. My friend is giving me her second hand baby cot. Plus people around me giving me tons of second hand baby clothes. Think bb wun need anymore clothes for quite a while. A friend will be buying steriliser for me. Recently bought milk bottles and pillow. Think I'm almost done. Only left with diapers and shower stuffs? Can't think of anything else to buy liao.

I've only managed to clear some wardrobe space, and frds passing me preloved NB clothes. Intending to get bulk of the stuff from upcoming ***************. Hope it's gonna be good bargain and deals there.

wow. u ladies well prepared. lol..
i so far only get bb clothes. juz bought my sterilizer only. fren pass me her baby cot n mattress...
suppose to use my sis breast pump. end up she now preg. hahahaha. have to go buy.
headache on which brand to get liao. lol....

then stroller, car seat. haven get. lol.... dun knw still got wat items liao. hahahah...

My hub n I only bought 4 pieces of dresses for bb from h&m when we were in Penang..

My hub's fren gave us baby clothes and 2 mobile baby cot.. Those old school 摇篮。which is good.. Bb don't slp too much on the bed will have flat head.. Slp on the sarong spring bed will let bb have round head. :) I think there will be ppl giving us baby playpen so we don't need to buy also.. The breast pump also my hub's fren giving us..

The fact my hub n I really dunno wat to buy.. Already heading into 3rd trimester Liao.. Think my hub is alittle too calm.. Lol

Wah like that u all save a lot..

I did a fasting blood test.. He just use the poke finger tip take blood sample measure on a device. I was measure 4. Which my doc say very normal.. My urine test always clear... Did a white blood cells and protein test in urine also clear..

I was overweight when I started out preggy.. I'm like obese now with the weight I'm having.. My doc not really strict with my weight leh.. Only say my weight gain during 2nd trimester onwards must slow down..

My 1st trimester weight gain was too fast even when I vomit a lot.. So I suspect is my water retention that is causing the weight..

Some doc will get worried over overweight preggers cos they scared complications.. But if u are clear off diabetes and high blood pressure and bb is doing fine.. It should not be a problem.. I think ur doc is just worried..

My gynae experience more than 30yrs.. So I think he see more than enough preggers. So he thinks that he can handle so he isn't that uptight.

thanks for the information... well i think your gynae sounds better than mine. did so many tests to be sure. for me is everytime i go in see gynae only 5mins to 10mins. very fast and luckily mine is package. the ultrasound picture is oso very unclear. i start to suspect is her machine getting old or is it just me?? i got the urge to talk to other mummies waiting to see her. think i should do that next time.. the ultrasound usually cannot see much.. unlike when i had my detailed scan i can make sense of the body structure!

actually i am in dilemma, my mil suggest to use sarong when i leave baby with her at her place while i go back to work. Sarong has its pros and cons. baby will find it difficult to fall asleep after getting used to being 'shake' to sleep.. if we travel, maybe no sarong hard to fall asleep and throw tantrum.. i am thinking to let bb just sleep in cot will do.

actually i am in dilemma, my mil suggest to use sarong when i leave baby with her at her place while i go back to work. Sarong has its pros and cons. baby will find it difficult to fall asleep after getting used to being 'shake' to sleep.. if we travel, maybe no sarong hard to fall asleep and throw tantrum.. i am thinking to let bb just sleep in cot will do.
actually u can do both
day time sarong. nite time cot.
for me, day time my MIL taking care. so 90% slping sarong. but nite time i bringing hm. so no sarong. will be baby cot.
so will let bb get used to both. hopefully will be ok.

Wah like that u all save a lot..

Ya lor... Lucky all his frens close factory Liao.. All give birth finish Liao... So all the things they keep Nvr use and still in good condition.. Rather pass to my hub than throwing it away next time... So consider us lucky.. Ppl say newborn wear 2nd hand bb clothes.. Bb will behave better.. I only bought 1yr n above de dress for my bb... Doc measure she abit big so I assume she will be bigger in size.. So clothes cannot buy too small..

thanks for the information... well i think your gynae sounds better than mine. did so many tests to be sure. for me is everytime i go in see gynae only 5mins to 10mins. very fast and luckily mine is package. the ultrasound picture is oso very unclear. i start to suspect is her machine getting old or is it just me?? i got the urge to talk to other mummies waiting to see her. think i should do that next time.. the ultrasound usually cannot see much.. unlike when i had my detailed scan i can make sense of the body structure!

For the glucose tolerance test I think is a must from 24-28weeks.. Just to check if everything is ok...

For the other tests... I know a detail blood test needed to be done so that report will have to bring along when giving birth.. I did tat also..

The protein test is becos I complain say I got uti.. End up is bcos bb turn alrdy her head pressing on my bladder..

How come ur ultrasound is unclear? Ur doc lazy to sharpen the scan to show u ah? My doc spend his time doing the scan most of the time.. He always check the head n tummy n thigh bone.. Then the umbilical cord.. Then in the end will always show me 3D image of bb face.. Make sure she is ok..

hi mummies i have problem looking for confinement lady for next year 2015 can any nice soul share with me your confinement lady that you use before and is good?

For the glucose tolerance test I think is a must from 24-28weeks.. Just to check if everything is ok...

For the other tests... I know a detail blood test needed to be done so that report will have to bring along when giving birth.. I did tat also..

The protein test is becos I complain say I got uti.. End up is bcos bb turn alrdy her head pressing on my bladder..

How come ur ultrasound is unclear? Ur doc lazy to sharpen the scan to show u ah? My doc spend his time doing the scan most of the time.. He always check the head n tummy n thigh bone.. Then the umbilical cord.. Then in the end will always show me 3D image of bb face.. Make sure she is ok..

wa ur gynae is which one. still so good show u 3D image. i oso want to make sure my bb is ok.. =( mine never see her sharpen scan or zoom in or out leh... eveerything blur but she can see then she just say this is what,that is what.. got measure brain n thigh bone if i am not wrong of what she is doing.. i jus lie there blur blur wait for her to tell me which is which and baby facing outside or inside. then she like give brief answers only..

Back