Don't buy fr Unilite Electronics Trading (Jalan Kayu)

karenewtan

very upset with this shop that sells electronics and electrical appliances at Jalan Kayu,

HORRIBLE AFTERSALES SERVICE ! if you get a defective product after buying from UNILITE, they just don't care and shift the blame to the manufacturer without even trying to help or provide any advice !

I bought a KDK ceiling fan from UNILITE for $460 and after installation, motor had a humming noise (very clearly was a manufacturer defect), called UNILITE up and the man who picked up the phone says he didn't sell it to us then say get someone to call me back. Waited for several hours, no one called, I called back & this time it was a lady on the phone who was SUPER RUDE, she asked me if I expect them to drop everything and call me now, left me whilst I was still speaking to talk to someone else, came back to the line & rudely exclaimed that someone will call me back & hung up! I waited until the next day, no one called.

Actually, I bought another new kdk unit at another store and installed it and it was fine (no motor humming) and I didn't even ask UNILITE if I could return or exchange it. I told that UNILITE lady that I bought another unit from another store and it worked but their (UNILITE) unit is defective and I just wanted to know what is the shop's policy for defective item & see what they can do about this.

My husband called UNILITE the next day after I told him they didn't call back (when they say they would TWICE) and this is his experience,

Very rude. I call them, the person who sold me pick up.

Tell me it is KDK problem, I need to go KDK and settle with them. Then hang up when I have not finish talking.

Last edited:

p.s. I bought the same kdk ceiling fan model from this same shop a couple of months back and it was good so no problem with them. so I thought buy from them again and in future can buy other electrical or electronics stuff from them since near where I stay...now, I learnt my lesson and my advice to all is better buy from the bigger more established stores (although pay a little more) because at least they will be responsible even after sales.. SIGH !

btw, bought the 2nd fan (with no defects) at Audio House Liang Court level 3 for $10 lesser. this store offers 7 days return policy and has a "lowest price" guarantee. u may like to check them out for prices if you r shopping around for electrical or electronics items.

p.s.s if u r at Liang Court, try the Volcano Ramen at level 1 (next to Mac's and across Starbucks), nice and unique ramen in hot stone bowl :) and their kimchi & pork rice in the hot stone bowl also nice, according to my hubby ;)

Hmm ur kdk fan got led lights is it?

I remembered buying mine at $280 (basic model, n no remote) only leh. With 4 bulbs attached...

this one is the model number V60wk led lights remote control and 5 blade. I checked kdk website online price is $560 so price wise, this unilite store ok & competitive at $460 but Audio House at Liang Court even lower $450...what upsets me is money in their pocket already, any problem, not their business, keep saying call u back but didn't (like playing delay tactics) and so rude :(

also, called KDK up and they say I can send in the defect unit to check and they will advise either repair or new replacement...but I will have one extra set which hubby says keep as spare...

Singhomer - thanks :) I'll try to call CASE to find out what the Lemon Law can do for my situation which I really doubt because in this case, Unilite has it in black and white that goods sold non returnable and I called KDK and they are willing to repair/replace under warranty...It's just that I am upset about the "bo chap" attitude of the seller (Unilite). SIGH

PingPing - I stay at along the Yio Chu Kang road, 5 mins away from Jalan Kayu :)

isnt unilite that shop xiaxue posted abt the fridge? ? I think they have quite cool designs electronics. haha..

anyway, I bought my stove, oven n washing machine there 3 years back. hmm.. They installed the oven for free. I personally think the aftersales service was fine. my washing machine broke down after 6 mth (cos I used the wrong type of washing liquid.. too foamy so the electric board died on me. ops), and I called them, a serviceman came the next day n checked. though the replacement part only came 4 days later, I found tt they were quite apologetic throughout. n that repairman who came was very nice n explaining to me which brand less foam n where to check if got blockage etc.

at least for me, the salespersons were not rude or bo chap. hmmm... in fact, I tot they were quite friendly, the heartlander style. haha. ..

Back