(2015/02) Feb 2015 mummies

My Oscar is scheduled next week at Raffles Hospital.
All this while I was thinking that gender scan can also be done during oscar test. My bad*

Harmony test can test gender.. My Tmc dr tells me to do it but I wanted to save cost so do oscar instead.. Just hope everything goes smoothly..

I thought it is 5 mths.. But if you want to know the gender, you can take blood test on wk 11..

Anybody start to schedule for oscar or harmony test?

Hi @Hope42014, for the blood test to check gender at week 11, is it part of oscar or harmony test? i didn't know that gender can be detected so early with blood test

Hi, the main job of a CL is to take care of you and the baby, esp the baby.

When i have my first child, my mil do the confinement for mi but she is not very familar with a NB, so on the day i discharge from the hop, i have to bath her myself with some help frm hubby despite mi doing c-sec. i do not have enough rest and the quality of milk is poor. my second baby, i hire a CL, you can really feel the difference, i have alot more rest cause the CL takes care of the baby most of the time. my quality and quantity of milk is better as well... Of coz the food, can order tingkat but is the taking care n not having enough rest. I strongly believe that you have to do a good confinement, this is better for the long run for the mummy and your next child. your body is better, your second child will be good as well.....

Thanks for the advice! Yeah I think its important to have a well rested mummy to have a healthy baby... My hubby keeps harping on making sacrifices as he thinks that as parents we shouldn't complain about waking in the middle of the night or outsource the job to someone else :S

Hi all,

Sparky86,
My Edd is the same as yours, 28 Feb 2015. this is my second pregnancy and I would also strongly recommend u to get a CL ( unless your Mil is really very experienced with handling a newborn). But to get a good CL is really luck. During my first born, I engaged this CL through the recommendation from a friend. However, she does not really know how to handle a newborn as well as how to handle breastmilk (I was not able to latch and did pumping most of the time but she cannot even help me with storage of my milk ). Not sure is it coz most mummies will direct latch but I feel that as a CL you should know how to handle stored bm. So in the end after 1 week i cannot tahan and send her back. luckily managed to find another one and the second one was so much better (even though I feel they still do not really know how to handle bm). For a first time mum, it is very important to rest well during confinement, imagine I was so frustrated when CL cannot make it.

As for confinement tingkat, I feel that it will never be as good as getting someone who can cook confinement food for you everyday on the spot.

Btw, I have tried to pm belle_mummy but no response. can someone help to add me into the fb group? My email is [email protected]

Thanks for your advice blackangel55! Just wondering, wouldn't all mothers be experienced with newborn? Or will forget one? :p

My hubby is thinking of signing my mil up for CL course... bcos we are worried we can't find a CL bcos of the CNY period... and like your prior experience, there's really no guarantee on finding a gd CL

Thanks for your advice blackangel55! Just wondering, wouldn't all mothers be experienced with newborn? Or will forget one? :p

My hubby is thinking of signing my mil up for CL course... bcos we are worried we can't find a CL bcos of the CNY period... and like your prior experience, there's really no guarantee on finding a gd CL

theres a CL course?

I thought it is 5 mths.. But if you want to know the gender, you can take blood test on wk 11..

Anybody start to schedule for oscar or harmony test?

Im done with my oscar scan last week. Lucky is low risk. *Sweat*
nw waiting for detail.scan in mid sept. My nxt appt is 15 aug. Hopefully by then i can.knw the bb gender. :)

hmm as my first born was in sept 2012 (not that long) so i guess most of the things i should remember...esp pumping of milk coz I was exclusively pumping...if ur mil is really willing to help, can try sign up the CL course...i din know got such course...for me, I will still have to find a CL and keeping my fingers crossed to meet a good one this time....

Hi all, my edd 2feb around cny period. This is my #2. I'm confused over getting CL from agency or freelancer. What do u all think?

Called a few agencies, they quoted ard 3.4k - 3.9k for cny. 1 suggested that, since I will most likely op for c-sect, will most likely deliver 2wks ahead of edd. I should think abt engaging nanny for 3wks instead, to avoid the cny surcharges. What do u all think?

Freelancers cheapest quoting 3.8k. And they are all referred by friend's nanny. All direct links are all taken up. I'm worried coz what if they don't turn up after we paid the deposit?

I going my Oscar on 14 Oscar at TMC not intend to take the harmony test but been guessing recently the baby gender
Fun when it is still unknown

Anyone did hair rebornin and facial during preggy? Is that safe. Online research does not hv substantial info on the negative impact it can cause since it does not get into our bloodstream or so. What is ur personal views? I m now with #2. And I totally refrain from these activities during #1. But now I feel like doin my hair amd face. Dilemma.

Hi momobb, will you have sufficient time to test and recover from c - sec if you take 3 weeks nanny?

Hi mulberry, tats wat worries me... I'm not sure. But during #1, I wasn't feeling much pain by 2nd week. Just that I didn't have to bath bb then also. Don't knw hw it will be this time rd.

@ where? how was the process like?

Thomson. Is actually like detail scan. They scan for baby fingers , toe , nose , mouth etc ..... But they just never show me the gender lol. Mine took 1 hour because baby don't wanna turn and couldn't measure the neck. After that take blood test jiu can go home le. Reach at 8.30am leave Thomson at 11am.

Thomson. Is actually like detail scan. They scan for baby fingers , toe , nose , mouth etc ..... But they just never show me the gender lol. Mine took 1 hour because baby don't wanna turn and couldn't measure the neck. After that take blood test jiu can go home le. Reach at 8.30am leave Thomson at 11am.

did they tell u the neck measurement?

Back