All About Double Stroller/ Twin Pram

eugenesella

Mommies, please share your experience with double strollers... Does not matter where you bought it or what brand it is. I think it is good to share with other mommies who are trying to find a good stroller. I myself looking to buy a tandem stroller. Side by side stroller is no-no for me as I think it is to big and will be inconvenient if I bring to shopping centres where there are a lot of people.

I had a mini walker double stroller. I love them! It is compact, lighter than any other stroller and my daughter at the back seat has a good view of the front. The canopy can be taken off (which I like very much), with the canopy on, short mommy like me, cannot see the front very well. Very easy to manoeuvre! It can fit in our car boot.

But.. I am looking to change my stroller as my eldest daugther who is 3 1/2 years old still likes to sit in a pram. So the mini walker is getting too small for her. And my son who is almost 2 years old always slide down (on purpose), dragging his feet on the floor when he is in the front seat.

I wish the mini walker will make the stroller seat a little bit longer, so that older kids also can sit. I really really love the stroller and hate the idea to sell it away, but I think it is better to change it now.

Now, I am considering Contours Option LT tandem stroller or COntours Optima. Both look good. I love how the contours optima looks, but I know you have to take out the front seat everytime you want to fold the stroller. I love the City Select Double stroller but it is wayyy to expensive.

Any mommies have experience with contours option LT tandem stroller or the optima, please kindly share :)

I am looking for tandem stroller that can acommodate toddlers. The seat must be comfortable enough. Both seat must be able to recline. Must be easy to manoeuvre and able to fit inside a sedan car boot.

All comments are welcomed :)

Hi
I had the same queries when I was looking for my double stroller. Just to share my thought process.

When my second daughter came along, I got a graco tandem stroller. I liked it because it gave both my kids enough leg space as they grow up. However I had to settle with only 1 reclining seat. The front seat is practically only upright and my elder daughter had to make do with it while my younger daughter could lie flat and sleep behind.

However it does fold very large and take up my whole boot space( average sedan). It is also a little difficult to maneuver like turning corners.

When my third child came, and my 2 still like to sit the pram often, I decided to get a side by side. Reason being both seats can recline fully, without compromising the leg space. I considered the city select but as kids grow, I find u can't really recline both seats without the back child's legs being cramped. So I got the city gt double instead. Seat Space wise it is wider and taller so my kids can sit to older age. However, I use this stroller only going to parks, zoo etc where they might end up getting tired at the same time. I did use to go MBS and find lifts opening now can fit also. Turning and maneuvering is a breeze even with a 5 and 3 yr old in it. I can steer with one hand. Space again is an issue but I still manage to fit in my car as it's designed to fit through standard doorways. It also has great canopy that can shield my kids perfectly when the sun gets too hot.

Another good option is maclaren side by side. Maclaren is pretty light and it's umbrella fold so it should fold up pretty small. Only thing is my old single maclaren was getting a little too tight for my kids as they grow. Canopy wise maclaren also don't cover as well. So I decided not to get the maclaren double.

So I guess nothing is perfect. U gotta decide which situation u gonna use the double stroller and what ur kids need. I would also recommend keeping a single stroller still if u r going to the mall for example.

Start Quote from jingjing14:
I considered the city select but as kids grow, I find u can't really recline both seats without the back child's legs being cramped.
End Quote from jingjing14:

Just to share: if you put both seats facing parents, then both seats can fully recline without any issues.

city select seat is a bit smaller if you compare to city elite, however, it's bigger than iCandy and most of other double strollers.

Almost get graco double because it's around $500 only. However, it's bulky & not easy to push compare to baby jogger with 12" tires (city select around $1.5k).

I used to have below, still prefer baby jogger.
-2 baby jogger city select double
-1 baby jogger city elite double
-1 britax b-ready double.

Bugaboo donkey double is also great. Saw someone sale @ $1.3k , good price (brand new around $2.2k)

Last edited:
jeep wrangler has a side by side umbrella stroller. v light weight and can recline. I currently use their all weather umbrella single stroller and am considering their double.

Hi all. Thx for sharing your experiences on double stroller! I've currently narrowed down to baby jogger double gt and mountain buggy duet. Am Interested to get side by side stroller so that both babies (same age) will have unblocked view. Cz I think for front back stroller, the kid sitting at the back gonna have a blocked view.

I would be really grateful if mommies here can share with me the width of each of the seat for Baby Jogger Double GT.

I know that for mountain buggy duet, each seat is almost 11 inches wide.

Also, I understand that for baby jogger double gt, the leg rest area is padded as well. Was wondering if babies will get too hot and sweaty given the humidity of singapore weather?

Lastly, can the width of baby jogger double fit through the lift door, walkway, etc with ease? I intend to use this stroller to the parks and mall. Not sure if it's too huge for the mall, though.

Thx in advance for sharing your experiences on my queries above.

ImageUploadedByForum1415354572.691774.jpg

Shoulder width 12", knee width 12.5".

My city elite double can fit in lift, no problem. Great for park, Mall also fine, just don't go supermarket with it.
Some mummy in U.S. use city elite double for her 6 & 8 years old kids...amazing stroller, I love mine also. Just the youngest prefer to walk, so I'm letting go of my city elite double & city select double.

i jus got a baby jogger mini double as well. I was told this model has been discontinue and i wonder why ...manage to get it at quite a steal $750 at baby hypermart during their 3 days sale last weekend
Mothercare is selling at $999 still hehe
I was torn between option LT but after seeing how hard the seat is and small i decided to get the baby jogger

I have a 26 mths old and currently expect a newborn in a month time...

Pro:
1. its more roomy compare to maclaren and most tandem stroller
2. Can fit up to 50kg (total weight) especially i need the stroller to ferry my kids to and fro school
I know many would say they can walk instead of sitting in the stroller, but since the school is 15 mins away from home and i need to go cross the road etc i feel its a safer
alternative then to walk (not forgetting their heavy school bag lol)
3. Easy fold
4. Comfy seat compare to most stroller (hence save me from getting a seat liner

Con:
1. Measuring at 75cm wide i guess i am only limited to big shopping mall like vivo
2. If require to travel in train i can only do so during non peak hour
3. Unable to fit into some lift
4. Small basket

I will think from at least 4 features that the double stroller built-in, including the ease of use, quality, weight and maneuverability. Take an example, the city select double stroller has comparative advantage; but for those wants more in maneuverability and quality the Chariot Cross can be your consideration. Actually there is an article of Tutorials on best selected double stroller giving the comparable charts in these 4 features with different brands, you can take it as a note.

Back